SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
155,000 Hospitalized for Vaccine Effects… And Why Our Government Is Hiding This Fact
by Dr. Marilyn Singleton

Note: Dr. Singleton is a member of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, AAPS.

In Patrick Henry’s June 4, 1788, speech, “A Wrong Step Now and the Republic Will Be Lost Forever,” he pleaded for less power to the federal government and the preservation of states’ and individual rights as a condition for ratification of the Constitution. We got our Bill of Rights, including freedom of religion, speech, assembly and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. We also have the right to be secure in our “persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures.” And we cannot be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.

Despite the Constitution’s admonitions, fear and anxiety have led to an increase in federal powers. The Great Depression gave birth to some 70 new agencies and programs. The mother of all programs was the Social Security Act, constitutionally justified under Congress’ constitutional taxing power. We have been so irrational as to deem it constitutional to place American citizens in internment camps with no due process.

COVID-19 is the latest justification for government overreach in the name of public health. There is little reason for confidence given the CDC’s faulty COVID-19 tests, the conflicting information on the usefulness of wearing masks and censoring of effective treatments that were not on the infallible Dr. Fauci’s personal favorite list. (Note: The World Health Organization recommended against the use of his favored drug, remdesivir).

Adding to the erosion of trust is the change in definition of a COVID-19 “case.” Prior to the vaccination rollout, any positive COVID-19 test – with or without symptoms – was a “case.” Now, a positive test in a vaccinated person is only considered a “case” if the patient was hospitalized or died.

The federal health bureaucracy is encouraging businesses and local governments to mandate vaccines, despite the growing list of adverse effects, their modest effectiveness against the predominant Delta variant and the imminent need for booster shots.

According to data gathered from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System, as of Aug. 23, 2021, there have been 13,068 deaths, 154,142 hospitalizations, 5,617 cases of anaphylaxis, 4,681 cases of Bell’s Palsy, 1,607 miscarriages, 4,861 cases of myocarditis/pericarditis, 13,812 life-threatening reactions and 17,228 permanently disabled, among other issues. On one hand, it is arguable that this is a pittance given that 360,634,287 doses of Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson/Janssen (J&J) vaccines have been given. On the other hand, a 2011 Harvard study concluded that only 1% of adverse events are reported to the government system.

Other drugs have been removed for less. The 1976 H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine was rapidly developed over fears that the flu would overtake the nation as did the 1918 Spanish Flu. The vaccinations were halted after 45 million doses and 450 cases of Guillain Barré Syndrome (ascending paralysis). As it turned out, millions did not die.

A 2011 Harvard study concluded that only 1% of adverse events are reported to the government system.

We all remember the limb deformities at birth caused by the 1956 over-the-counter anti-nausea drug, thalidomide. It took four years to make the connection. Another hidden dragon was diethystilbesterol (DES). Believed to reduce miscarriages, DES was given to pregnant women for 30 years. In 1971, after it was discovered that DES could cause genital abnormalities and vaginal cancer, the FDA withdrew approval for pregnant women. It took five years to discover that the anti-inflammatory drug Vioxx may cause heart disease. One report estimated that some 140,000 people suffered from coronary artery disease because of Vioxx.

We do not know all the risks of the current COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States. Yet the vaccines are given in drive-through parking lots with little to no discussion.

Moderna’s, Pfizer’s, and J&J’s fact sheets warn that the “vaccine may not protect all recipients.” The Moderna and Pfizer fact sheets give special mention to myocarditis and pericarditis reported “during mass vaccination outside of clinical trials.” J&J specifically notes the large vein blood clots.

Additionally, all the fact sheets note that “additional adverse reactions, some of which may be serious, may become apparent with more widespread use of the Moderna [Pfizer, J&J] COVID-19 Vaccine.” It appears that we are nonconsenting participants in the final phase of the vaccine trials.

Given that no one knows the risks, how can physicians (much less the “provider” in the drive-through window) give the patients the information needed to decide whether the potential benefit of taking the drug is worth the risk?

Drunk with power and preying on our fears, the federal government is having corporations do its bidding. Mandates unsupported by medical science could be the greatest threat to our lives and liberty.

Take heart. The spirit of Patrick Henry is alive. A professor – using the science – won a medical exemption from vaccination because his antibodies from a prior COVID-19 infection are longer lasting that those of a vaccine. Airline pilots are suing for a restraining order against mandates until “the science/medicine is more fully developed and better understood.” Teachers, health care workers, first responders are demanding choice.

Since the establishment of our republic, we have taken some very wrong steps. Let’s not let the COVID-19 response become another one.

https://noqreport.com/2021/08/...is-hiding-this-fact/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
I will try to answer the questions as best I can.

Kimber1911 -
Why must I wait until being hospitalized before I am treated?

barndg00 Thanks for the info but hasn't REGEN-COV been given an EUA? Could you also address what is known about the J&J vaccine and why it isn't on the favorites list. It would seem that because it is more like a traditional vaccine and knowing what we know about the effectiveness of the mRNA shots needing boosters that the J&J might be a better alternative.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1368 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
chellim1, I wonder what the numbers of our population are that have severe enough allergies that something like eating peanut butter, shellfish or eggs or other commonly consumed things could cause hospitalization or worse. There might be the problem that it is nearly impossible to craft a vaccine or any medicine that some portion of the population won’t have an allergy or negative reaction to. Especially when you are trying to develop it as quickly as possible.

There could be the issue of fearing that those with an agenda and mouthpiece will use the situation stated above to make something seem way more dangerous than it actually is. When you compound the fact that there is a real push to develop something as quickly as possible and there is an inability to test something extensively over time it is completely normal that distrust and fear will arise. And I’m not saying that’s bad it is to be expected as it is logical. The media does a truly awful job of being objective and focusing on facts. This makes a sensitive and difficult subject exponentially more problematic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
chellim1, I wonder what the numbers of our population are that have severe enough allergies that something like eating peanut butter, shellfish or eggs or other commonly consumed things could cause hospitalization or worse. There might be the problem that it is nearly impossible to craft a vaccine or any medicine that some portion of the population won’t have an allergy or negative reaction to.

Yep. I don't know.
And I don't fault anyone for their personal choice, whether to take it or not.
I believe in informed consent, but that's awfully difficult in this environment.
Personally, I have asthma and many allergies so I'm very hesitant to take this. I don't think I should be excluded from society, including employment, for my decision.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24277 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by Chellim1,
quote:
Personally, I have asthma and many allergies so I'm very hesitant to take this. I don't think I should be excluded from society, including employment, for my decision.

I agree with you 100%. No one should force you or require you to decide between a vaccine or losing your job or ability to travel and basically make you end up excluded from society. A free society should allow people to make an informed decision based on their circumstances and respect the decision even if it they don’t agree with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly, this exclusionary tactic, shaming, all the things that have come from social media to the forefront, we've always had people who want power and control, SM has given them this through en-mass ability to shout out....

The only way to clap back is to leave that employer for one that won't make you take the shot....

Posts: 23739 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Barns post is timely for sure. He definitely sounds like he has first had experience. I too appreciate his efforts to care for those affected. I have a sister who is a nurse and has first hand experience as well.

A couple of thoughts.

What about the situation in Israel. With 80% of the population vaccinated.

What is going on in other parts of the world? Africa, India, Korea, Asia, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, you name the country. Are they burning bodies by the tens of thousands. Or is mum the word until the producers have enough product and people with the money that are ready to pony up. I am asking because I do not have the answer.

What about the hundreds (probably thousands) of doctors, virologists, healthcare professionals who are not on board with these drugs and the science they provide.

I am not against vaccines at all.

But this timely hard core full court press is obviously designed to pressure people into doing the poke.

And if you are being told it is a numbers game. Well, yes it is. But who's numbers?

"qUOTE"
"First off, the vaccine adverse event reporting system is bogus. Literally any person in the world can go in and report any number of adverse reactions. Whether they are vaccinated or not. Look up the site and see for yourself. There is no investigation after a report is made. It is a garbage data set that was set up when people like Jenny McCarthy was touting that vaccines cause autism."

While that is probably true. It would disingenuous to infer that the reporting of these drugs efficacy is, if not bogus as well. Is at least cooked in the very short time they have been offered. We do know now that they do not prevent you from getting it or spreading. But do lessen the severity of it.
I have said it is so early in this thing. We know so little about it and how to treat it. And the vax was created and trialed on millions in an unprecedented window of time.
That does not mean it is not of value by any means.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19357 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
We are currently being mandated for the vaccine and it infuriates me. I'm not anti-vax, I'm pro choice like most people here. Unfortunately I had a conversation with a friend who's retiring right before me and he stated that his brother and sister, both younger, were forced to vaccinate or lose their jobs. The brother died the night of the second shot, the sister died a few days after from a blood clot in the brain. Both got the shot at the same time. Our team member died the night of the second shot as well a few months ago as well, he was 27. I'd prefer to retire early and avoid this, but I'm waiting to see what the union is doing for us.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hold on a minute. This vaccine was not developed in a hurry. Big Pharma has been screwing around for decades trying to solve the Corona riddle - with abysmal lab and trial results, which are conveniently hidden from the public. That's why some of the larger Pharma companies bowed out last December and said this will not/cannot work and it is not safe.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
First off, the vaccine adverse event reporting system is bogus. Literally any person in the world can go in and report any number of adverse reactions. Whether they are vaccinated or not. Look up the site and see for yourself. There is no investigation after a report is made. It is a garbage data set that was set up when people like Jenny McCarthy was touting that vaccines cause autism. I will try to address more questions tonight, but am getting a plane now.

Posts: 2156 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted my GraniteGuy
quote:
Hold on a minute. This vaccine was not developed in a hurry. Big Pharma has been screwing around for decades trying to solve the Corona riddle - with abysmal lab and trial results, which are conveniently hidden from the public. That's why some of the larger Pharma companies bowed out last December and said this will not/cannot work and it is not safe.

Im not sure that is entirely accurate. You don’t think this vaccine was made in a hurry? Why do you think this? I am genuinely curious why you think this. I talked to a doctor today who is friends of mine and of the 100+ people in the covid section of our local hospital only a handful have been vaccinated and they are all are immune compromised. You can make the argument for the short term that this vaccine appears to be working. The real issue is dealing with mutations and having a strategy to combat that effectively. The long game and long term performance is the trillion dollar problem/question.

True, the tech used in this vaccine has been under development for a while. You are not wrong in this regard however as the previous SARS AND MERS cases never resulted in any need for the large scale response that occurred it was put on the back burner. If anything it’s sort of like the boy who cried wolf where previous vaccines were made or the response was overwhelming and in the end it was not needed.

I believe in some cases previously underperforming and over hyped bugs may have been a contributing factor in this complex issue we are seeing today. Would you spend resources making contingencies for things you don’t foresee as a problem or focus elsewhere on something you consider more of a problem? Some aspects of this vaccine and the technology it utilizes may prove useful for other diseases and other nasty shit. There could potentially be an overlap with other illnesses to consider regarding this type of vaccine. Maybe the previous experience and over reaction led to the development or continued improvement of such vaccines for this type of virus to no longer remain a top priority. Who knows.

I am reading everything I can find on this subject whether written in English or any other foreign language. Much of the articles written by doctors are incredibly thought provoking but in my case at least it results in me only having more questions and still few if any answers I truly trust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I hate to add more of a burden to barndg00, but since you’re being so accommodating I have a statistics related question about something I’ve pointed out from the beginning. The mortality rate is obviously skewed because it is based on the number of cases versus deaths; the number of cases indicates that only roughly 10% of the population has been infected. Everyone knows this is statistically impossible, given the virulence of the bug. In your professional opinion, what would a reasonable assumption be as to the actual infection rate, and consequently, the mortality? I just cannot get behind the current professed rate which is comparable to the Spanish flu which killed a minimum of 50 million and potentially far more in a shorter time than we have been laboring under this bug.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
First off, the vaccine adverse event reporting system is bogus. Literally any person in the world can go in and report any number of adverse reactions. Whether they are vaccinated or not. Look up the site and see for yourself. There is no investigation after a report is made. It is a garbage data set that was set up when people like Jenny McCarthy was touting that vaccines cause autism. I will try to address more questions tonight, but am getting a plane now.

OK... so why aren't we investigating after a report is made? Doesn't that seem important?

If there are over 13,000 deaths reported, which is more than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor combined, shouldn't someone investigate?

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/dataguide.html

-rduckwor

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Would you trust the results of such a report? I’m not so sure I would.

Hell, if enough hardcore Dems are onboard it’ll undoubtedly be Trumps fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So my 12 yo was told two days ago he was possibly exposed while at band class. And maybe someone at art class

Today he wakes up with sinus pain, a 99° fever and being tired. I sent him back to bed.

We all three went for a test, local Army dudes are doing rapid tests here in Temple.

Little one is positive, Mrs Mike and I are not. I’m sure we just don’t have enough of the virus in us yet to show up on a test.

Mrs Mike has had the shot, me n Tomminator haven’t…

So the sgt walks up and tells us the results and then you are free to go..no suggestions to go see your doctor, no “take a buncha vitamin C. Nothing. I’m wondering if the truly week minded people freak out and loose their shit (is that wrong? )

I’m not worried, I know it’s the flu, I know that he will be fine…hell, he looks fine right now. He had three extra hours of sleep after I sent him back to bed this morning. Wish I could get some extra sleep.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11368 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Little one is positive, Mrs Mike and I are not.

Prayers for your boy and your family, Mike.

-rduckwor

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I have a sneaking suspicion you will all be fine after some mild flu-like symptoms. Just follow flu protocol- lots of fluids, rest, fever control if necessary, and eat if your bodies ask for it. Looking forward to a positive report.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

Credibility lost Red Face You're telling me that the CDC has set up a website that can be edited as easily as Wikipedia? RIGHT Roll Eyes Knowingly filing a false VAERS report is a violation of Federal law (18 U.S. Code § 1001) punishable by fine and imprisonment. <<<<but that doesn't matter right? CDC won't follow up anyway, so why not keep feeding it shit data? Un-fucking-believable that someone with an advanced medical degree would be so intellectually dishonest.

Data taken from https://wonder.cdc.gov/control...3201821A730E7E0FEA42 at 16:22 on 8/26/21
COVID19 (COVID19 (JANSSEN)) (1203) 47,478 4.03%
COVID19 (COVID19 (MODERNA)) (1201) 211,797 17.96%
COVID19 (COVID19 (PFIZER-BIONTECH)) (1200) 220,646 18.71%
COVID19 (COVID19 (UNKNOWN)) (1202) 1,073 0.09%

I'm sure nearly half a million (anti vaxxers) went ahead a knowingly broke the law and pumped it full of fake data to make you and the rest of the "medical" community look like fools? Here's what I know: two 19 year old girls were given the vaccine. Half of them died the same night. Does that provide a huge sample size? Of course it doesn't, but taken with other reports and the "bogus data" from VAERS, it sure looks like it's a bigger problem than we've been lead to believe.

Posts: 2843 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ha, Mrs Mike just came into the room and said that she hopes I don’t get it….because whenever you get anything, you get the “Ebola” level of it.

Guess I better go get that bottle of The MacAllan and get cracking if I’m gonna be dead soon!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11368 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post