SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The division between the masked and unmasked and the vaccinated and unwashed have always been part of the overall plan. Get the people divided amongst themselves and they won’t think to turn on the real enemies, the ones who created this mess by lies, misinformation, deception and a willing media.
Yep, and I fear they're winning this battle. So many people are simply cowards and are living almost entirely on fear right now. Government is then further ramping up the amount of fear and using it as a means to turn people against each other. I have never been a huge fan of government in general, but I now find myself viewing them as the enemy of everything this country should/could be.
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Gov. DeSantis responds to Biden
Game, set, and match once again, to Governor DeSantis. The ROE should continue to be, push back hard every time the filth slings waste your way. Well done sir.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Gov. DeSantis responds to Biden

https://www.wfla.com/news/flor...ecretary-dane-eagle/

Love it!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It would be helpful to post a link that is not a mega download site for just about everything other than the article/video.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here is the vid devoid of the page full of crap.
(30 trackers/ads blocked)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
It would be helpful to post a link that is not a mega download site for just about everything other than the article/video.

Sorry about that, I didn't get any garbage when I opened it

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Anyone here have a WSJ subscription? I'd love to be able to read this, if anyone can, please post the text of the article here. WSJ used to let you read one or two a day but they now seem to jealously guard them behind their paywall:

Covid Mania Returns Australia to Its Roots as a Nation of Prisoners

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Anyone here have a WSJ subscription? I'd love to be able to read this, if anyone can, please post the text of the article here. WSJ used to let you read one or two a day but they now seem to jealously guard them behind their paywall:

I don't have a subscription, but I don't like pay walls, so here you go:

Citizens in Sydney may leave their homes only for ‘essential’ purposes and not go more than six miles.

It’s hard to know exactly when Australia’s pandemic response crossed the line from tragedy into farce. But future historians could do worse than pinpoint the moment when Sydney’s chief health supremo told the city’s residents to stop being friendly to one another when they ventured out to buy essentials, lest they get themselves and others killed.

“Whilst it is in human nature to engage in conversation with others, to be friendly, unfortunately this is not the time to do that . . . don’t start up a conversation,” scolded Kerry Chant, the endlessly tut-tutting chief health officer of New South Wales, at a news conference last week. “We want to make sure as we go about our daily lives that we do not come into contact with anyone who could pose a risk.”

Never mind that you can’t even go near a shop without a mask, she said. Masks aren’t foolproof and this is, in her words, “no time for complacency.” A simple g’day, in other words, could be deadly.

Happily, most of us who live in Sydney ignored the warning. Supermarket checkout staff remained as chatty as ever behind their masks after Dr. Chant handed down her edict. My local butcher was more than glad for the chance to tell me how things were “a bit slow,” but added that she “can’t complain.”

Given this level of official hysteria, an outsider might imagine that Australia is a Covid charnel house. In fact, all of Australia is recording around 150 coronavirus cases a day. The current outbreak of 2,000 or so cases total over the past month has been associated with eight deaths so far, almost all of them people over 70.

This in a nation that records, on average, about 460 deaths a day from all causes. Cancer kills nearly 50,000 Australians a year. Shark attacks killed eight in 2020.

A good 18 months into the pandemic, the nation is still trapped in April 2020. Adelaide and Melbourne are hoping to come out of lockdown in some form this week; Sydney, the economic engine room of Australia, is likely to remain under restriction through at least August.

Australians need permission from the federal government to leave the country—applications succeed about half the time—and Australia’s states throw up their borders against one another at the slightest hint of trouble. Residents of Sydney may leave their homes only if it is “essential,” and not stray more than six miles when they do.

This is before discussing the economic fallout from the latest lockdowns. Billions will be spent by government or lost by businesses as a result. A restaurant-industry representative told me last week that many chefs and waiters are leaving for greener pastures. Many iconic restaurants will likely never reopen.

So how did Australia become a hermit kingdom? Geography plays a large part. By mistaking their good luck for brilliance in being able to pull up the drawbridge to the world at the start of the pandemic, Australians quickly became trapped in an “elimination” mindset that is now officially referred to as Covid Zero.

Politics, too, conspired to create this outcome. Labor state premiers (the equivalent of U.S. governors) quickly learned to play Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s center-right government like a fiddle, forcing the commonwealth to bail states out for the economic wreckage created every time they locked down their cities or shut their borders.
Elected officials have allowed their judgment to be replaced by that of the new priestly class of health mandarins like Dr. Chant, on whose edicts the country hangs. Hiding behind the “health advice” of such officials has become the national sport of Australia’s politicians. Earlier this year federal health secretary Brendan Murphy declared that vaccine distribution was “not a race,” which became a mantra picked up by the prime minister to justify an initially cautious rollout. As a result, only around 15% of the nation has been fully vaccinated.

Australia also has no tradition of liberty in a sense Americans might understand, and appeals to freedom are looked at suspiciously. Australians living in small towns are now congratulated by police for “dobbing in” outsiders who have fled cities for the countryside while recent anti-lockdown marches attracted widespread condemnation.

Among the relentlessly secular Australian left, as with their woke American counterparts, Covid has provided a moral code even more compelling and immediate than climate change. As the screws were tightening on Sydney’s lockdowns a few weeks ago, nonessential retail shops were still allowed to stay open, leading these 21st-century Savonarolas to hammer the government on Twitter over why people were still allowed to buy luxury handbags during a pandemic.
If they get their way, not many people will be able to afford to buy one when it’s over, either.

Mr. Morrow is federal political editor of Sydney’s Daily Telegraph and host of “Outsiders” on Sky News Australia.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today at a corporate quarterly all-hands webinar we were informed that everyone working onsite (I am still working at home) would have to go back to wearing masks regardless of vaccination status. But the Vice Chairman was good about saying that the company encourages every employee to consider vaccination and make an informed decision after consultation with their preferred medical professional.

And despite a rational position like that, text questions came in to the Webinar asking why the company doesn't mandate vaccines for everyone. Another asked why they haven't "told" the local school district to mandate masks for the students. It did occur to me that a lot of the questions asking the company to force people to get vaccinated came from people with names consistent with being born in a foreign country. Apparently coming here for a master's degree and getting a job on an H1B Visa doesn't teach you what it means to be an American and why individual rights and liberties are so important.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"They Can't Arrest Us All" - Sen. Rand Paul Urges Americans To "Resist" Pelosi & The Petty Tyrants

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...pelosi-petty-tyrants

They can’t arrest us all. They can’t keep all your kids home from school. They can’t keep every government building closed – although I’ve got a long list of ones they should.

We don’t have to accept the mandates, lockdowns, and harmful policies of the petty tyrants and feckless bureaucrats. We can simply say no, not again.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi — you will not arrest or stop me or anyone on my staff from doing our jobs. We have all either had COVID, had the vaccine, or been offered the vaccine. We will make our own health choices. We will not show you a passport, we will not wear a mask, we will not be forced into random screening and testing so you can continue your drunk with power rein over the Capitol.

President Biden — we will not accept your agencies’ mandates or your reported moves toward a lockdown. No one should follow the CDC’s anti-science mask mandates. And if you want to shutdown federal agencies again — some of which aren’t even back to work fully — I will stop every bill coming through the Senate with an amendment to cut their funding if they don’t come to work.

No more.

Local bureaucrats and union bosses — we will not allow you to do more harm to our children again this year. Children are not at any more risk from COVID than they are for the seasonal flu. Every adult who works in schools has either had the vaccine or had their chance to. There is no reason for mask mandates, part time schools, or any lockdown measures.

Children are falling behind in school, and are being harmed physically and psychologically by the tactics you have used to keep them from the classroom last year. We won’t allow it again.

If a school system attempts to keep the children from full-time, in-person school, I will hold up every bill with two amendments. One to defund them, and another to allow parents the choice of where the money goes for their child’s education.

Do I sound fed up to you? That’s because I am.

I’m not a career politician. I’ve practiced medicine for 33 years. I graduated from Duke Medical School, worked in emergency rooms, studied immunology and virology, and ultimately chose to become a surgeon.

I have been telling everyone for a year now that Dr. Anthony Fauci and other public health officials were NOT following science, and I’ve been proven right time and time again.

But I’m not the only one who is fed up.

I can’t go anywhere these days — from work, to events, to airports and Ubers, restaurants and stores, without people coming up to me thanking me for standing up for them.

For standing up for actual science. For standing up for freedom. For standing against mandates, lockdowns, and bureaucratic power grabs.

I think the tide has turned, and more and more people are willing to stand up. I see stories from across the country of parents standing up to teacher unions and school boards.

I see members of Congress refusing to comply with Petty Tyrant Pelosi.

We are at a moment of truth and a crossroads. Will we allow these people to use fear and propaganda to do further harm to our society, economy, and children?

Or will we stand together and say, absolutely not. Not this time. I choose freedom.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a right to make up my own mind. I have a right to wait and see what the long-term effects are. It's called informed consent.

Quoting you because that is all that matters.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Great graphic really seems to accurately reflect my feelings as to the state of our country.

Biden to make Vaccine ‘mandatory’ for all active duty soldiers…

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin to Make Covid Vaccine Mandatory For All Active Duty Troops

Pretty sure I will be mandated to take the jab to keep my job.
Not sure what I will do.

Honestly have a religious objection as I see this as a practice run to get the population complainant with government mandates.
Softening us up for the mark of the beast.
Electronic currency and full control of our life’s seems inbound.

Scared of the vaccine from both physical health and religious concerns.
Seems my body, my choice regarding vaccines would be applicable in a free society.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ My sister may be facing the same situation being a Sheriff in New Jersey. She told her superiors without any equivocation that she won't be taking the jab. They will have to fire her if it comes to mandated vaccinations.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
So if active military and your are absolutely against getting the experimental c19 drug do you have any recourse?. Can they drag you in, physically restrain you to inject you?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Won’t really matter for Active Duty folks.
If they don’t get jabbed their career will be over.

In my case it will simply be the company following the Governor’s edict.
Currently Health Care workers are facing the choice in NC.
I can see the same ultimatum being given soon by many companies.

Being a veteran, I am exasperated at the damage which has been done to our military.
Military service is something I cherished, it hurts me seeing the services being destroyed.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
How Those COVID Charts Are Lying
By Jack Gleason

It's clear that the Propaganda Media and the Big Tech giants are working with the current administration to generate as much panic as possible. But Americans with simple common sense realize that a vaccine that is worse than the disease it's supposed to cure are not rolling over and rolling up their sleeves.

So it's all panic all the time, most of it fueled by out-and-out lies. "Ninety-nine point five percent of the people dying from the delta variant are unvaccinated." Not true. "If you got your shots, you won't get the delta variant." Another lie. "If you got your shots, you'll protect your loved ones because you won't spread COVID." Not.

They tried panic at the beginning — "take the shots or you'll die" — then guilt — "take the shots or you'll kill your grandmother."

Didn't work.

Then they tried incentives, all the way from discounts on doughnuts to free million-dollar lottery tickets.
Why I Refuse to Be Vaccinated

Didn't work, either.

The new plan is to vilify anyone who won't cooperate so they can get away with mandating shots for everyone — government workers, corporate employees, college students, and even babies seconds after they're born. Stories abound of corporations polling employees to determine their "vaccine status" in preparation for "we'll fire you if you don't get your shots. It's for your own protection."

The internet is full of those scary charts showing "new cases." Here's how UCDavis Health lays out the panic (emphasis mine):

Now, health experts are warning of another surger [sic] of COVID-19. Here's what health experts have learned about the Delta variant:

1. Delta variant is highly contagious

As of July 22, nearly 80% of UC Davis Health patients who tested positive for COVID-19 had the Delta variant…

2. Delta variant symptoms are the same

... However, physicians are seeing people getting sicker quicker, especially for younger people ...

3. Delta variant is affecting unvaccinated people more

Most patients hospitalized at UC Davis Medical Center are people who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine. Nationally, 97% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, as of July 22…

4. Breakthrough cases for vaccinated people are rare, but do happen…

5. Delta variant could be catastrophic is [sic] some communities…

6. Many unvaccinated patients with COVID-19 wish they had gotten the vaccine

UC Davis Health physicians have noted that a number of younger patients, when they come in with critical illness, say that they wish they would have gotten the COVID-19 vaccine. Many patients have told their physicians, "Why did I not get the vaccine?" or "Why did I not listen?"

7. Some experts are recommending to wear masks, even if you're fully vaccinated ...

8. More COVID-19 variants are likely to come

The Delta variant is currently the most prominent strain of COVID-19, but the Lambda variant out of South America is also emerging. Health experts urge that if people want to get back to normal, a significant portion of the population needs to be vaccinated.

That bastion of truth and scientific analysis, CNBC, warns, "CDC warns that delta variant is as contagious as chickenpox and may make people sicker than original Covid." And:

The CDC warned the delta variant sweeping across the country is as contagious as chickenpox, has a longer transmission window than the original Covid-19 strain and may make older people sicker.

A confidential CDC document said delta is more transmissible than the common cold, the 1918 Spanish flu, smallpox, Ebola, MERS and SARS. [Nice job listing five scary diseases in a single sentence!]

Health officials said federal and state leaders should communicate to the public the benefits of getting vaccinated.

The formula is simple: scare them with "it's more contagious, it will get you sicker, it's those pesky unvaccinated rubes who are going to infect you, you'll regret not taking your shots before now." Both end with "run out, roll up your sleeves, and get your shots!!!"

To add a little holy science to the mix, the propagandists trot out their favorite chart, "new cases and deaths."

They show the new cases, which look just like jet fighter taking off. But they don't show the deaths.

Even when they do show the deaths, they're hard to spot because the two are on the same scale…

But a tiny bit of searching can lead you to the numbers these charts are based upon. If you load up your spreadsheet and print out some graphs...

You see your new cases per day just like the big boys' charts. But you'd expect that with all this drama, you'd see a big increase in deaths...

Nope, deaths spiked in early February and have been declining ever since. It's hard to see because they put the cases and deaths on the same scale.

One last chart is very instructive. You won't see this on mainstream media:

If you compare the deaths to new cases after two weeks (since that's when people are most likely to die), you see that deaths from all forms of COVID have been declining steadily since the beginning of the year to the point where 99.89323% of people with new cases survive.

And what about the vaccines? No matter how hard they censor the internet, the Big Techs can't stop the stories of vaccine side-effects. The famous VAERS database is reporting over five thousand deaths of people shortly after they took the vaccine. But their data have recently been called into question. "What percent of side-effects are reported?" And "Are the data being manipulated?"

To get to the truth, independent studies are underway to document vaccine side-effects in addition to determining the validity of new stories circulating of side-effects simply from being around those who have had their shots.

We can speculate as to the reason why our government and media are doing everything they can to inject our military, our first responders, and young adults of child-bearing age. It's truly too horrible to contemplate.

In the meantime, don't be shy about sharing what you're learning about COVID and the shots with your friends and loved ones. Tell them to just say "no way" to the shots until someone can prove beyond a doubt that they're truly safe and effective and not part of an experimental drug trial. Donate a few bucks to conservative candidates in your area who promise to oppose vaccine mandates, and, if you're being pressured at work, Steve Rotter has a great article explaining how "Covid Vaccine Mandates Can Be Avoided."

https://www.americanthinker.co...harts_are_lying.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"We can speculate as to the reason why our government and media are doing everything they can to inject our military, our first responders, and young adults of child-bearing age. It's truly too horrible to contemplate."

What?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Begs the question?
Or... "prompts" or "raises" the question, not begs the question?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^ Begs the question?

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

Freedom!
is a better battle cry than Obey!
(or Comply! or Subservience!)

-rduckwor