SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's Sonny & Cher on the radio every morning all over again.

"...click..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...eeps-country-n406336

China locking down again as Delta variant sweeps country

This seems unusual for a country that has bragged about its vaccines and effectiveness in corralling COVID-19. The Associated Press reports that the Delta variant has now created outbreaks in half of China’s provinces and in 35 cities. As a result, Beijing has once again imposed shutdowns and mandatory testing regimes:

China suspended flights and trains, canceled professional basketball league games and announced mass coronavirus testing in Wuhan on Tuesday as widening outbreaks of the delta variant reached the city where the disease was first detected in late 2019...

[SNIP}

The cities of Nanjing and Yangzhou have canceled all domestic flights, and Beijing has halted long-distance trains from 23 stations. The Chinese Basketball Association said that matches of its men’s professional league would be suspended because of the pandemic.

How seriously should we take China’s reported-cases claims? If all they’re seeing is a caseload in the hundreds, they shouldn’t need this kind of wide and economically damaging response. Their totalitarian surveillance state should make contact tracing relatively easy, and containment of a few hundred cases across such a wide field shouldn’t be impossible without these kinds of broad actions....

[SNIP]

NO mention and/or consideration of cancelling International Travel though... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Never fear; it’ll all be gone by the February 2022 Winter Olympics scheduled for Beijing, China.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I doubt it will be gone until the May elections.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The mid-50s sister of a close friend (both in Louisiana) died last night from the virus.

She was unvaccinated but otherwise healthy, and isn't even in the group I mentioned yesterday.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious as to the point you are making, 46and2?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I hope he's right on this and the Delta surge crashes quickly. What he describes matches what we are currently seeing in the ER; a rise in cases mostly unvaccinated, more pediatric cases, and mild cases in those that have been vaccinated.

https://zdoggmd.locals.com/pos...Ka_4FXKTHTDQ3lFFoeBA

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Curious as to the point you are making, 46and2?

He's telling you to wear a face diaper and get jabbed.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got the jab, healthy, runner in his early 50’s got incredibly sick, had the bug last year and beat it with no ill effects, wife kept pushing him to get the jab. Three days after the jab becomes deathly sick worse than the previous Covid, ends up having a bleed, and gets sepsis. Unable to speak and use his right side. No thanks.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
D'ya know which jab he got, spunk639?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Moderna I believe.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company's biggest competitor just announced that the vaccine will be required for continued employment. I'm sure my company will not be far behind. Not sure how to keep my job, and avoid the vaccine, considering the pretty nasty side effects my mother had from both shots.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Separately, it is estimated that upwards of 100k people attended the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago on July 31st.

That...seems unwise...

God, that sounds so familiar? I wonder where I have heard this type of stuff before. Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Word came down here last Friday via campus wide email. All students and employees will show proof of at least partial vaccination by August 30 or face appropriate disciplinary actions .

The devils in the details and I'll wait for more info before deciding if this is my hill.

Worst case scenario I start retirement a bit sooner and poorer than I had planned. That's not all bad, my body and soul are ready. Smile

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2272 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the weekend, there was another coworker of mine that lost a family member. A 50 year old, completely healthy women. She received her 2nd Moderna vaccine on March 25. On March 26 she was admitted to the hospital with blood clots in her legs. She never left the hospital, organ failure and was put on a ventilator. No real explanation from doctors according to the family.

Posts: 343 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:
Word came down here last Friday via campus wide email. All students and employees will show proof of at least partial vaccination by August 30 or face appropriate disciplinary actions .

The devils in the details and I'll wait for more info before deciding if this is my hill.

Worst case scenario I start retirement a bit sooner and poorer than I had planned. That's not all bad, my body and soul are ready. Smile

Smart man.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vanguard Offers $1,000 To Vaccine Holdouts To Get Jabbed

https://www.zerohedge.com/medi...-holdouts-get-jabbed

Remember when you were in college and the local clinic would offer you $20 to participate in some "benign" medical experiment? Well, we are now at $1000 and rising fast.

Late last week, when we were stunned to report that Biden had called on states to bribe vaccine holdouts with a $100 "mini stimmy" to get vaccinated, we said that this infuriatingly perverted incentive would backfire spectacularly, as it would not only set expectations for even higher bribes by authorities and employers, but would also lead to far lower vaccination rates as the hesitant waited for ever higher sums of money to get the jab.

Sure enough, just one day later, we also reported that Walmart had upped the ante and was offering $150 for staff to get the covid vaccine - which we now know does nothing to prevent the actual spread of the virus and is therefore not a "social good" but merely minimizes the risk of hospitalization - and we concluded that "the bribes are increasing right on schedule. In 1 month, holdouts should get 4 digits."

Well, we must admit that we were very wrong: it took just 4 days.

According to Bloomberg, Vanguard is now offering $1,000 to employees who get vaccinated by October. The giant asset manager is extending the payments to all workers who can prove they’ve gotten a Covid-19 vaccine, even if they were inoculated before the firm extended the offer. A Vanguard spokeswoman confirmed the company is offering an incentive.

“We are offering a vaccine incentive for crew who provide Covid-19 vaccination proof,” she said in an emailed statement, adding that the company rewards employees “who have taken the time to protect themselves, each other, and our communities by being vaccinated.”

And since Wall Street is all about following "thought leaders" we expect that within 48 hours, most financial companies will piggyback and also offer similar cash bribes to their unjabbed employees. At that point, employee envy will emerge and most US companies will be met with social pressure to do the same. And then there is the question of why aren't these bribes retroactive: surely some 165 million Americans feel very stupid right now for not waiting a few months and getting one month's rent for free.

Which in retrospect is a brilliant move by the Biden admin: instead of paying Americans directly to get vaccinated with the still experimental cocktail, the government has effectively outsourced the payment of stimmies to the private sector. Because while $100 is negligible, $1,000 starts to add up and amounts to almost a month of emergency covid unemployment benefits of $300/week.

Which brings up the next question: if we went from $100 to $1000 in less than a week, where will this bribing auction stop? Well, earlier today when Joe Biden slipped up during his Cuomo presser that covid bribes are $100,000 instead of $100, we joked that this is a Freudian slip and the vastly larger number may well be the government's bogey before it's all said and done.

But now that it's becoming clear that the covid jab bribe has emerged as the next stimmy check, we are not so sure that we were joking and this nice round number may indeed be the final bogey.

In any case, if the admin is hoping to get a rush for the vaccination stations with bribes, it may want to hold its breath: now that society's bribe "inflation expectations" have reset to four digits, nobody will bother to do anything for anything less... which of course is the problem with all such handout-based incentive schemes: they all tend to blow up spectacularly and achieve just the opposite of their intended purpose.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...gyms.html#newcomment

'It'll make things impossible': NYC bars, restaurant and gyms rage as Mayor De Blasio announces Big Apple will become first US city to require vaccine passports for customers and workers from August 16

The policy will kick in August 16, but won't be enforced until September 13

It applies to indoor dining, performances and gyms, De Blasio said

Customers and workers will have to show proof that they've had at least one dose of a vaccine under plans to pressure New Yorkers to get a shot
Vaccination cards and apps like Excelsior will be accepted as proof

Those hoping to catch a show or work out will need to have at least one jab

About 66 percent of adults in New York City are vaccinated

posted Hide Post
"I Know It Seems Weird": NIH Director Suggests Parents Wear Masks At Home Around Children

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...home-around-children

The head of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) suggested Tuesday that parents should wear masks while at home around children even if they don’t have COVID-19.

“It’s clear that this variant is capable of causing serious illness in children. You heard those stories coming out of Louisiana pediatric ICUs, where there are kids as young as a few months old who are sick from this,” Dr. Francis Collins said during a CNN interview, although he admitted that such cases “[are] rare.”

But he added that “anyone who tries to tell you, ‘ah you don’t have to worry about it if you are a young, healthy person,’ there’s many counterexamples.”

“That’s the reason why the recommendations are, for kids under 12, that they avoid being in places where they might get infected, which means recommendations of mask-wearing in schools and at home,” Collins said.

“Parents of unvaccinated kids should be thoughtful about this and the recommendation is to wear masks there as well. I know that’s uncomfortable. I know it seems weird, but it is the best way to protect your kids.”

While “studies have consistently shown that children, adolescents, and young adults are susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 infections,” the agency also said, “children and adolescents have had lower incidence and fewer severe COVID-19 outcomes than adults.”

COVID-19 is the illness caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, also known as SARS-CoV-2 or the novel coronavirus.

A number of studies, separately, have also shown that children are at an extremely low risk of suffering severe health problems or dying from COVID-19.

A study from July obtained by the Wall Street Journal suggested that a child’s odds of surviving a COVID-19 infection is about 99.995 percent. It also noted there is no evidence yet that the Delta COVID-19 variant causes more deaths or severe illnesses among children.

Last week, the CDC issued an update to its guidance around mask-wearing, saying that vaccinated individuals should wear face coverings in high-transmission areas. The agency also is now recommending that children, staff, and teachers wear masks in public schools regardless of vaccination status.

“If your child is younger than 2 years or cannot wear a mask, limit visits with people who are not vaccinated or whose vaccination status is unknown and keep distance between your child and other people in public,” the agency says in its recent revision.

The CDC, however, does not recommend that people wear masks at home unless they are sick.

posted Hide Post
See the global pattern?

"Don't Go Anywhere Near Your Grandkids": Australian Health Official Warns Grandparents

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...l-warns-grandparents

Queensland Chief Health Officer (CHO) Jeannette Young has warned unvaccinated grandparents not to go “anywhere near” their grandchildren as the CCP virus Delta variant spreads to four schools in the Australian state.

Queensland Chief Health Officer (CHO) Jeannette Young has warned unvaccinated grandparents not to go “anywhere near” their grandchildren as the CCP virus Delta variant spreads to four schools in the Australian state.

The Indooroopilly High School cluster has now grown to 47, with over 4,000 people now directed by the CHO to quarantine at home as a result.

Queensland Deputy Premier Steven Miles reminded residents of their legal obligation to remain at their homes if the CHO has directed them to do so.

“While all of us in the southeast (of Queensland) have to stay home, those who are subject to home quarantine directions are legally required to stay home,” Miles said.

“They cannot leave home except in an emergency or to get a test.”

Outlining the rules of home quarantine, Miles said people under these directions could not leave their residences unless it is to seek essential medical care, avoid injury or illness, escape the risk of harm, or to get tested for COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

People who are subject to home quarantine directives who need supplies or assistance can contact the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.

Queensland Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said, “The message this time, for this lockdown, is simple: don’t ask yourself ‘Can I go out?’ ask yourself ‘Should I go out?'” D’Ath said. “‘Is the reason I’m leaving my home so important it is worth risking an extension to the lockdown?'”

The Queensland government on Monday urged people to reconsider the need to attend work, even if they had done so during previous lockdowns.

Home learning is in place for Queensland state schools from Tuesday until the end of the week, with private schools having similar arrangements, Miles said on Monday. “This is the first time that we’ve seen an outbreak like this one, spreading in schools amongst students, teachers, and parents,” he said.

“It will likely see thousands of people subject to home quarantine directions,” he added.