SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
People have lost their damn minds.

I'm sorry, but if you support this you are insane.

https://abc7chicago.com/109328...m&utm_source=twitter

Throughout this thing I have been fine with people who want to wear a mask thinking it provides them protection or if it makes them feel virtuous protecting their neighbors - I don't care, doesn't affect me. I've been against mandates, but if you want to wear a mask for your own reasons - knock yourself out.

If you support forcing toddlers in daycare to wear a mask you are some sort of psychopath. Sorry if anyone doesn't like that or feels attacked, but the truth is the truth.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ To piggy back off that...

Mad Seriously, who are these dim-witted, ghoulish parents? I will raise holy hell if they try to make my daughters wear masks again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the same strategy that the Left has been using since Lenin - get 'em while they're young. And it's been gaining momentum here since the 1960's.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
I have a friend who had it last year before being vaccinated and then again early this year after being vaccinated. Sick both times, not just tested positive. Second time not as bad.

I've had the flu twice in a year too.

Well, good for you!

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A Pandemic of The Vaccinated – Does The Vaccine Create a Pathway For A More Dangerous Variant?
Ooooooooh, unforseen circumstances. There's a first.

Maybe we should introduce an invasive species to deal with the situation.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another lie. I kept hearing in the media this week that 70% of Americans were vaccinated and Biden had reached his goal. I don't believe anything they say. Now only 1 jab counts. You can't make this stuff up.

Half of US population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CDC says

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/...gainst-covid-19-cdc/

Half of all Americans have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.

Data on the agency’s website showed that 165.9 million Americans had either received both shots of vaccines from Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech, or taken the single-shot vaccine from Johnson & Johnson.

Currently, only Americans aged 12 and older are eligible for a vaccine, and the CDC says 58.5 percent of Americans in that age group (165.8 million people) are fully vaccinated.

Earlier this week, the White House announced that 70 percent of Americans 18 and older had received at least one vaccine dose, achieving a goal that President Biden initially hoped to reach by July 4. As of Friday, 60.9 percent of US adults (157.3 million people) were fully vaccinated, according to the CDC, while 80.3 percent of Americans 65 and older (43.9 million people) were fully vaccinated.

The 50 percent milestone has been reached 10 days after the CDC recommended the return of indoor mask mandates, regardless of vaccination status, in jurisdictions with at least 50 confirmed COVID cases per 100,000 people. As of Friday night, more than 86 percent of all US counties were experiencing either “substantial” or “high” transmission of COVID-19 above the threshold at which the CDC recommended mandates be instituted.

Critics have said the CDC’s guidance, recommended by its director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, has undercut necessary messaging that vaccines are effective against COVID-19, even against the highly contagious Delta variant. They’ve taken particular issue with Walensky’s contention that a study of a COVID-19 outbreak in Provincetown, Mass., over the July 4 weekend proves that vaccinated people can transmit the Delta variant more easily than other strains of COVID-19.

Walensky doubled down on her claims Friday, telling CNN: “Our vaccines are working exceptionally well. They continue to work well for Delta. With regard to severe illness and death, they prevent it. But what they can’t do anymore is prevent transmission. So if you’re going home to somebody who has not been vaccinated, to somebody who can’t get vaccinated, somebody who might be immunosuppressed or a little bit frail, somebody who has comorbidities that put them at high risk, I would suggest you wear a mask in public indoor settings.”

The White House, meanwhile, has touted improving vaccination rates in states where uptake had previously flatlined.

“The eight states with the highest current case rates have seen an average increase of 171 percent in the number of people newly vaccinated each day over the past three weeks,” White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator Jeff Zients said in a virtual briefing Monday. “Louisiana has seen a 302 percent increase in the average number of newly vaccinated per day. Mississippi, 250 percent. Alabama, 215 percent, and Arkansas, 206 percent. This increase in vaccination rates in states that have been lagging is a positive trend.”

Health officials hope to give the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine full approval by Labor Day, and clinical trials are underway to determine the feasibility of a COVID vaccine for children under 12.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Am I the only one one that knows multiple people that have “tested positive” multiple times?
We have a SIGforum member who was hit hard by The Virus in December 2020, then hit again, a year later.
*Tap, tap*
I think my watch battery died.*Tap, tap*
Glad I wasn’t the only one. Cool
So a year. Big deal. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
People have lost their damn minds.

I'm sorry, but if you support this you are insane.

Absolutely sickening Mad

These idiots I have no idea just how much they are screwing up these kids psychologically and emotionally and even physically. Like I read earlier today, parents were always supposed to be there to assure our children that they were safe and there were no monsters under the bed. Now we are telling these kids there’s an invisible airborne bogeyman they must hide from behind a mask.

Many of these children will never give these masks up now even when they’ve gone away in society.

Goddam idiot parents Roll Eyes

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Another lie. I kept hearing in the media this week that 70% of Americans were vaccinated and Biden had reached his goal. I don't believe anything they say. Now only 1 jab counts. You can't make this stuff up.

... and the vaccine works, but it doesn't really work, so wear a mask.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
On the subject of false positives, they happen all the time in medicine. One great example of this is the PSA test, that has a 75% false positive test rate (but only a 1-2% false negative rate).

The Covid PCR test being run at the excessively high number of cycles last year resulted in an 80-90% false positive rate, per the scientists who actually use it for research, and the guy who invented it. After Slow Joe got sworn in, they ratcheted the number of cycles back down to the normal range, resulting in lower numbers of positive tests, and good press for the current regime.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Over-cycling the PCR test would indeed be the one case where false positives could be significantly high. However, I find it hard to believe that the testing protocols were dialed in with high Ct values on any kind of widespread basis. There was tremendous pressure to get fast and reliable testing out when the Covid crisis was first developing. The extra cycling would have added considerable time (days even?) to getting results that few people would justify.

The PSA test is for prostate cancer. Yes, it has a high false positive rate, but it's not a genetic screening test like for Covid. (The rapid LFT test detects proteins rather than genetic material, but also has a low false positive rate.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Considering how our Gov Wolf is such a pathetic, spiteful, little bitch; I was really amazed that he & the PA Dept of "Education" both made statements yesterday that there are no plans for a mandate for masks in schools.

A local news station has posted a list of school opening dates, and their mask guidelines for almost all the school districts in the area, and there's only one school mandating masks. The rest are stating that masks are optional.

I'm sure the teachers unions will be raising hell about the "masks optional" rules.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Over-cycling the PCR test would indeed be the one case where false positives could be significantly high. However, I find it hard to believe that the testing protocols were dialed in with high Ct values on any kind of widespread basis.

They did it in Michigan!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Considering how our Gov Wolf is such a pathetic, spiteful, little bitch; I was really amazed that he & the PA Dept of "Education" both made statements yesterday that there are no plans for a mandate for masks in schools.

A local news station has posted a list of school opening dates, and their mask guidelines for almost all the school districts in the area, and there's only one school mandating masks. The rest are stating that masks are optional.

I'm sure the teachers unions will be raising hell about the "masks optional" rules.

It’s all about next years Governor’s election.

Can’t piss off the electorate too close to an election and have the Republican win, can we? Nope.

EVERYTHING. EVERY THING. These Democrat assholes do is highly calculated.

Mad Roll Eyes

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everyone here knows this already. Take it easy

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Danged COVIDthread is mutating into multiple thread variants.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The democrats have to keep this going for another year so they can justify another round of mail in ballots and all the other stuff they did in 2020. Pretty obvious that's the plan. String it out as long as they can.

Posts: 4722 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Danged COVIDthread is mutating into multiple thread variants.
Have we hit the Epsilon variant yet??? Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Over-cycling the PCR test would indeed be the one case where false positives could be significantly high. However, I find it hard to believe that the testing protocols were dialed in with high Ct values on any kind of widespread basis.

They did it in Michigan!

I know, but I did say "widespread".

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Pathologist Dr Ryan Cole Delivers Concerning Message About COVID Vaccine and Long Term Impacts

Before getting to the sketchy part; first, let’s talk...

There has been a great deal of discussion about the vitriolic, almost rabid disposition of people who are pushing the vaccination.

This should not be a surprise, although it might be disconcerting to find formerly reasonable people in your network, perhaps even in your family, now become seemingly unhinged if the subject arises.

It is demonstrably true, there has been a cleaving of our American population as the debate about the COVID vaccination rages on. However, it is wise to consider the underlying psychology of a person who has been vaccinated, before engaging in an argument. You may end up being entirely correct in your position; however, an intense or combative argument? At what cost?

A vaccinated person is, as a consequence of their decision, in an irreversible frame of mind. Once the vaccination has been injected into a persons body, there is no turning back; the Rubicon has been crossed, the event horizon closes, there is no retreat. Any conversation or debate about vaccine efficacy or long-term consequences with a person who has accepted the vaccine must be weighed accordingly.

Genuine empathetic listening is needed on both sides.

The no-retreat baseline can, often does, form the origin of anger and vitriol, particularly in unstable leftists -who are, by nature of their ideology- professional blame-casters and prone to emotional responses as a matter of disposition. Therefore, it is better to avoid the topic entirely (if possible) and retain your peace of mind.

♦ Revelations over the past few years have led to the complete collapse of credibility for many institutions. The healthcare field is the latest example of a politically controlled ideological industry that can no longer be trusted to make decisions based on a detachment from their political interests.

The healthcare industry has joined the education system, the justice system (DOJ), law enforcement (FBI), the intelligence system, arts and entertainment, as well as many organizations now controlled through the prism of politics. Political ideology, as the determining factor of institutional behavior, has infected almost every facet of modern life; healthcare is no exception.

Given the nature of the metastatic corruption, very visible in multiple institutions, it is completely understandable that more people would not trust the National Institute of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or any other regulatory body or agency now vested in the COVID vaccine.

Factually, as previously stated, the FDA final approval of the vaccines is a moot point. The FDA, just like a vaccinated person, is in a no retreat position. There is no way the U.S. FDA cannot approve the vaccines that have been sold, forced and pushed upon the entire global population. Can you even begin to imagine the ramifications of the FDA saying the vaccine was (a) unsafe; or (b) ineffective? Think about it. FDA approval is a foregone conclusion, regardless of safety or efficacy.

There is every reason not to trust the healthcare industry on the issue of vaccination(s). Indeed, their obtuse behavior, logical disconnect, false assertions and gross hypocrisy is more than enough to create doubt about the vaccine. Then overlay the lack of consequence for all known institutional corruption, and there’s even more reason to doubt them.

♦ Two key issues stick in my mind about the COVID vaccines that make me pretty firm in opposition:

(1) The fact that vaccine makers would abandon the clinical trial control group is a big red flag. The fact that vaccine makers could not abandon the clinical trial control group without authorization from the FDA, CDC and NIH is an even bigger red flag. {Go Deep}

The clinical trial was assembled to produce only one result. THAT is not science. THAT is sketchy and points to an ulterior motive. That is not science, that’s political science.

(2) The fact that data shows the vaccine provides no benefit is another big red flag. Specifically, the equal hospitalization rate of vaxxed and non-vaxxed patients. Almost every study I can find with data on COVID hospitalized cases that includes the vaccination status (not many), shows an equal percentage of vaccinated/hospitalized people to the vaccinated population in general. {Go Deep}

[ex. If 75% of the regional population is vaccinated, then 75% of the hospitalized COVID patients are vaccinated.] This statistic demonstrates the vaccine doesn’t stop serious illness.

Put both of those issues together, and overlay the demonstrably collapsed institutional credibility, and I am not comfortable with this specific vaccine.

I am not anti-VAX, I am not comfortable with THIS specific vaccination. And, again, once administered there is no retreat.

We should all cherish, respect and value the differences of opinion of this very personal issue. Healthcare is a personal and private matter. Other people have different factors, risk-factors and hundreds of considerations that guide or have guided their decision. We should all respect that; and we do not want to see ‘vaccination status‘ become a fragmentation problem for our CTH community. We are all in the same foxhole.

♦ALL OF THAT said, Dr. Ryan Cole is a Mayo-trained physician who has seen over 350,000 patients in his career. He also serves as the CEO of Cole Diagnostics, which has processed over 100,000 Coronavirus tests. Dr. Cole gave an alarming presentation that merits consideration:

WATCH VIDEO HERE
https://rumble.com/vkopys-a-pa...nd-other-organs.html

In response to criticism for his position, Dr. Cole wrote:

“I am concerned about the lack of long term safety data, because this vaccine is simply too new. We have never tried an mRNA vaccine in humans before. I am concerned about the implications of injection of foreign, synthetic mRNA and the antibody reaction which cannot be reversed. It concerns me that large numbers of individuals are being essentially enrolled in a long term phase III clinical trial for the vaccine without being fully informed of this, with no ability for recompense if injured or in case of death. I am concerned by the number of adverse event and deaths that have been reported in correlation with this vaccine administration.”

https://theconservativetreehou...impacts/#more-215046

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post