SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
AOC picks up COVID as a souvenir of her trip to Florida. Oops. Can't wait to she she spins it.

Covid wanted to date her...

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Just heard from the guy who told me they decided not to have me join the band because I’m “unvaccinated.” Good-hearted man, but a bit misguided. He just couldn’t understand why someone would choose not to. Well, he has covid. Had what he thought was a cold that he got over about a week ago, then he started feeling shitty again. “Those tests suck.” I asked if he meant accuracy or the swab. Accuracy. I mentioned the CDC recently admitted they couldn’t tell the difference between flu and Covid, and the member here a few pages back with multiple false negative tests in a house with three adults who tested positive. He stopped replying.

I’m fighting the schadenfreude like a boner in ninth grade Spanish class with Ms. Hotstuff… and having about the same degree of success.

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
AOC picks up COVID as a souvenir of her trip to Florida. Oops. Can't wait to she she spins it.

Covid wanted to date her...

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I wouldn't put it past AOC, and the other whack job Dems to fake a positive covid test, and then make a big deal about how Desantis/FL covid policies are bad. Even IF they do actually have covid, there's going to be alot of drama.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Just heard from the guy who told me they decided not to have me join the band because I’m “unvaccinated.” Good-hearted man, but a bit misguided. He just couldn’t understand why someone would choose not to. Well, he has covid. Had what he thought was a cold that he got over about a week ago, then he started feeling shitty again. “Those tests suck.” I asked if he meant accuracy or the swab. Accuracy. I mentioned the CDC recently admitted they couldn’t tell the difference between flu and Covid, and the member here a few pages back with multiple false negative tests in a house with three adults who tested positive. He stopped replying.

I’m fighting the schadenfreude like a boner in ninth grade Spanish class with Ms. Hotstuff… and having about the same degree of success.

My sister was telling me over the weekend that friends of hers throw a big Christmas party every year where everyone dresses in PJ's and they do a lot of drinking and having a good time. The party host informed her she wasn't allowed to attend this year because she was unvaccinated (her husband is I believe). They both said "the hell with them then!".

She found out that EVERY PERSON who went to that party ended up with a nice case of Covid... Big Grin

The biggest casualty of this goddam pandemic is going to be friendships Frown

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mentioned the CDC recently admitted they couldn’t tell the difference between flu and Covid, ...

Except that's not what the CDC said. Poor wording on their part, but what they were saying was they wanted a new test that could detect both from one swab, rather than people having to be swabbed, separately, for each.

quote:
... and the member here a few pages back with multiple false negative tests in a house with three adults who tested positive.

Were they rapid tests? Those are known to produce a relatively high rate of false negatives. That's why the urgent care clinic to which my wife and I went for tests swabbed us for both rapid and PCR tests on the same visit.

As for the unvaccinated Nazis: Screw 'em.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
This is interesting... oh, the irony:

https://thecovidworld.com/vacc...as-infertility-risk/

What a corner into which to be painted.

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't know if this has been mentioned, but I wouldn't put it past AOC, and the other whack job Dems to fake a positive covid test, and then make a big deal about how Desantis/FL covid policies are bad. Even IF they do actually have covid, there's going to be alot of drama.

No doubt they will try and spin it against FL and Desantis in some manner.

Still no matter how she tries, the fact is she went to Florida to party, did it unmasked, which there is no law here that says you can't mask up, and who's to say she didn't have it and bring it here with her, catch it on the plane on the way down.

There are so many people here from the great Covid States up north, it's no wonder FL numbers are up, increasing our number of population and probably bringing it with them as well.

You can't toss a rock without hitting someone from the yankee hoards fleeing the north! Big Grin

Posts: 23802 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
the Chinese want NOTHING to do with mRNA Covid vaccines. (Xi, I wonder why.)

https://alexberenson.substack....ant-nothing/comments

China has been treating with Ivermectin at pennies a dose. Covid is way down there now.
As it also is in India, which specifically cited Pfizer's demand for no liability as the reason.

Never relent, never keep quiet, and always speak against the state and its false narratives. Never sit idle in the face of tyranny, and never allow apathy to invade your psyche. Do not quit writing, making podcasts and videos, and spreading all factual information so that others, even those with closed minds, have at least the opportunity to see the light. The truth is our salvation, so the more of us exposing the lies, the more of us with the courage to speak out, the more of us willing to disobey orders and mandates; the more chance that others may follow suit.

“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...th-will-set-us-free/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5811 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Matt Walsh hit that nail pretty squarely there:

quote:

Yes the media and the CDC waited until midterms under the Biden administration to acknowledge that vaccines don’t stop the spread, cloth masks don’t work, lockdowns harm children, and not all deaths with covid are deaths from covid — but the timing is a coincidence I assure you

Link

I am VERY suspicious of this sudden narrative shift from the MSM, you just know they've been given new marching orders. Roll Eyes

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Work just changed the rules again. They've dropped the government contractors angle and are going with 100+ employees standard and giving us til February to comply. Now weekly testing will be allowed.

COVID is going to be over (endemic) by the time any of these policies are actually enacted, assuming the SCOTUS doesn't quash it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20941 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an oliver darcy from CNN:

“If people are tuning out what’s going on in cable news … they’re just, you know, ignoring everything and living their lives and we’re not really getting the information that they need to them."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

living our lives and ignoring CNN. sounds like a plan

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
And families... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

“If people are tuning out what’s going on in cable news … they’re just, you know, ignoring everything and living their lives and we’re not really getting the information that they need to them."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, anyone check on how the Amish are doing lately?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30671 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or, just maybe, we don't need the 'information/propaganda' you're peddling. Oliver needs to just accept the new reality that they've made themselves totally irrelevant.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Work just changed the rules again. They've dropped the government contractors angle and are going with 100+ employees standard and giving us til February to comply. Now weekly testing will be allowed.

Is this really a job you want? Have you considered other work, or even going into business for yourself? There has to be some point at which this isn't worth it.

Posts: 28224 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Is this really a job you want? Have you considered other work, or even going into business for yourself? There has to be some point at which this isn't worth it.

I love my job.

I have no desire to start my own business and pray to make what a do after a few years. I've considered it and ran numbers.

Any job in my field would fall under the 100+ or government contractors 'rules'.

I am actually vaccinated, I'm just pushing back for my coworkers who can't or won't get it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20941 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, anyone check on how the Amish are doing lately?

Yeah. We have a pretty large Amish community around here. I frequent the local Amish-owned hardware, and other stores owned by them, and have never, ever seen an Amish, and very few English wear a mask. I haven't heard of any of them getting covid, but I'm sure some have.

In addition, there are alot of people around here who haul Amish & their goods to the farmers markets, etc. Nobody wears masks. And nobody's died of covid that I'm aware of.

We're pretty rural here, and hardly anybody ever took the mask mandates seriously in the first place. Compliance was maybe 50% at best, and went downhill very quickly.

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My Mother now has Covid. She's 79 and fully vaccinated with 2 doses of Pfizer. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
And families... Frown

Yep. My sister is pregnant with her first. She's gone full Koolaid with this stuff, and wouldn't allow my mother and I in her home when we picked up my father's ashes to scatter about a month ago. We stood out on the front walk, socially distanced, masked, in the fucking snow and cold. I refused to wear a mask, I'm through playing "feel good" games with people. My mother will want to spend time with her new grandbaby, and my sister is going to use that to extort her into all these fucking boosters that don't do anything, and my mother is depressed about it. I'm never getting the shot, won't play the game, and so I'm sure there will never be any kind of relationship with my nephew-to-be, and whatever other siblings he has. It's sad. There's nothing I can do about it.

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post