SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Separately, it is estimated that upwards of 100k people attended the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago on July 31st.

That...seems unwise...

God, that sounds so familiar? I wonder where I have heard this type of stuff before. Roll Eyes

George Floyd riots and Biden election celebrations?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Separately, it is estimated that upwards of 100k people attended the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago on July 31st.

That...seems unwise...

God, that sounds so familiar? I wonder where I have heard this type of stuff before. Roll Eyes

George Floyd riots and Biden election celebrations?

Pennsylvania's Gov. Wolf leaving lockdown that he imposed on all PA residents to march in the streets of Harrisburg with BLM?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Wow, those articles about Australia are very enlightening. They have gone completely insane with tyranny.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Countries with highest vaccination rates have highest infection rates
By John M. Contino

A series of graphs compiled by Twitter user @holmenkollin (Corona Realism) document that “the most-vaccinated countries in the world are experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases, while the least-vaccinated countries are not.”

Iceland, Gibraltar, Malta, and Cyprus, for example, have vaccination rates of 90-98% and are experiencing surging virus cases. European countries with high vaccination rates are experiencing increasing infection rates, while those graphs show minimal infection rates among the countries with the lowest vaccination rates.

In Israel, where COVID cases are spiking despite a vaccination rate of 80%, the government is launching a campaign to inoculate its population with a third jab. The vaccines’ effectiveness may very well be wearing off after a few months, but doubling down on booster shots may prove counterproductive if something else is at work.

Some doctors have been warning that vaccine-induced antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) may contribute to long-term adverse effects that would begin to manifest themselves 3 -12 months after vaccination. That prediction is based upon animal studies over recent years from SARS-CoV vaccine trials, where the vaccinated animals became extremely sick after being exposed to coronaviruses later, in the wild. ADE is based upon the idea that the antibodies generated from the vaccines are “suboptimal” compared to those produced from natural immunity, and that ADE subsequently enhances viral infection and replication in the body’s host cells. Various government funded studies relating to ADE document the historical difficulties developing vaccines and therapies for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases. It remains an open question as to whether or not the mRNA vaccines will, or are starting to react, in a similar fashion on humans.

Natural immunity is given short shrift by the CDC; we have no idea how many Americans carry antibodies from previous infections, either symptomatic or not. A Wall Street Journal article titled “Maybe With Delta the CDC Will Learn to Count“ reports that “92% of Brits now show evidence of antibodies.”

Stress and Mental Health at the Woke Olympics

Britain has seen its Delta surge wane rather quickly. And unlike the U.S., it is not flopping around in the half-dark about what’s going on. Thanks to biweekly blood-sample surveys, the U.K. government knows how many people have antibodies from vaccination and/or infection. Thanks to surveys and modeling it also has a good idea how many are currently infected, invariably a multiple of those who get a positive test.

Joe Biden says that “in all probability” we can look forward to more guidelines and restrictions. Unless the government and the CDC start treating the American people with more honesty and transparency, they may discover that the reservoir of good will the country displayed during last year’s lockdowns has been greatly depleted.

Image: Our World in Data

https://www.americanthinker.co...infection_rates.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23951 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Unless the government and the CDC start treating the American people with more honesty and transparency, they may discover that the reservoir of good will the country displayed during last year’s lockdowns has been greatly depleted.

Let's hope so!!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
wcb6092: Do you know that you are posting articles by Brad Pitt? Smile TYLER DURDEN

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Ha Ha!

More from the 'Hedge:

'For $1/Day'... Double-Blind Ivermectin Study Reveals COVID Patients Recover More Quickly, Are Less Infectious

A double-blind Israeli study has concluded that Ivermectin, an inexpensive anti-parasitic widely used since 1981, reduces both the duration and infectiousness of Covid-19, according to the Jerusalem Post.

The study, conducted by Prof. Eli Schwartz, founder of the Center for Travel Medicine and Tropical Disease at Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, looked at some 89 eligible volunteers over the age of 18 who had tested positive for coronavirus, and were living in state-run Covid-19 hotels. After being divided into two groups, 50% received ivermectin, and 50% received a placebo. Each patient was given the drug for three days in a row, an hour before eating.

83% of participants were symptomatic at recruitment. 13.5% of patients had comorbidities of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, hypertension or cancer. The median age of the patients was 35, ranging from 20 to 71-years-old.
Results

Treatment was discontinued on the third day, and patients were monitored every two days thereafter. By day six, 72% of those treated with ivermectin tested negative for the virus, vs. 50% of those who received the placebo. Meanwhile, just 13% of ivermectin patients were able to infect others after six days compared to 50% of the placebo group - nearly four times as many.

Hospitalizations

Three patients in the placebo group were admitted to hospitals for respiratory symptoms, while one ivermectin patient was hospitalized for shortness of breath the day the study began - only to be discharged a day later and "sent back to the hotel in good condition," according to the study.

"Our study shows first and foremost that ivermectin has antiviral activity," said Schwartz, adding "It also shows that there is almost a 100% chance that a person will be noninfectious in four to six days, which could lead to shortening isolation time for these people. This could have a huge economic and social impact."

The study, which appeared on the MedRxiv preprint server and has not yet been peer-reviewed. That said, Schwartz pointed out that similar studies - 'though not all of them conducted to the same double-blind and placebo standards as his' - also showed favorable results for the drug.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...-quickly-have-reduce

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23951 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former Obama Official Demands ‘a No-Fly List for Unvaccinated Adults’

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...outs-on-no-fly-list/

Former Assistant Secretary for Homeland Security under President Obama Juliette Kayyem called Tuesday for the Biden administration to restrict the unvaccinated from flying by placing them on a no-fly list.

Kayyem claimed in the Atlantic that “a no-fly list for unvaccinated adults is an obvious step that the federal government should take” due to TSA PreCheck, which “divide[s] passengers into categories according to how much of a threat the government thinks they pose.”

At the time of publication, the headline for the piece echoed this line, stating bluntly: “Unvaccinated People Belong on the No-Fly List.” The headline has since been changed to a more ambiguous sentence: “Unvaccinated People Need to Bear the Burden.”

“If you submit to heightened scrutiny in advance,” Kayyem said, “TSA PreCheck lets you go through security without taking off your shoes; a no-fly list keeps certain people off the plane entirely.”

The author continues:

Flying is not a right, and the case for restricting it to vaccinated people is straightforward: The federal government is the sole entity that can regulate the terms and conditions of airline safety. And although air-filtration systems and mask requirements make transmission of the coronavirus unlikely during any given passenger flight, infected people can spread it when they leave the airport and take off their mask. The whole point of international-travel bans is to curb infections in the destination country; to protect itself, the United States still has many such restrictions in place. Beyond limiting the virus’s flow from hot spots to the rest of the country, allowing only vaccinated people on domestic flights will change minds, too.

Kayyem also suggests the “holdouts” with “a variety of motivations” include 41 percent of the unvaccinated that said “a prohibition on airline travel would get them closer to their shots.”

Kayyem champions shaming the unvaccinated, who should “face scorn among their peer group” and “may even be happy to have an excuse to protect themselves,” along with celebrating Broadway, Disney, and Walmart for forcing the unvaccinated to give up “certain societal benefits” to practice their their individuality and freedom of choice.

“Amid a global health crisis,” Kayyem continues, “people who defy public-health guidance are not, and do not deserve to be, a protected class.”

The former assistant secretary’s diktats align with President Joe Biden’s shaming and punishing of those who refuse to become vaccinated.

For instance, Biden told churchgoers in April they were being ungodly if they did not receive a vaccine.

“I think this is the Godly thing to do. Protect your brother and sister,” he stated. “That’s what this is about. It’s about protecting people.”

On July 2, Biden indicated black Tuskegee airmen “were almost like guinea pigs,” when answering a question about vaccine hesitancy in the black community:

You know, you go back just to — even World War II, African-Americans were used as experimental — they were almost like guinea pigs in terms of — they were — anyway, it — and your mom and dad remember that and your grandparents remember that.

Vice President Kamala Harris warned July 19 if free Americans refuse to get vaccinated, they would cause continued mask mandates.

“No one likes wearing masks… people need to get vaccinated. That’s the only way we’re going to cut this off,” she scolded. “Nobody likes wearing a mask.”

Posts: 12582 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
wcb, slow your pace a bit, please. You've got five posts on this page.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news...ail&utm_medium=email

I, much like the drummer in the referenced article, have Guillain Barré Syndrome, and I have not had the vaccine. I am not convinced that the vaccine will protect me, but I do know that I do not want to go through another flare-up of GBS. The first one had me hospitalized for over a week, two lengthy transfusions, months of physical and occupational therapy to get me graduated from the walker to a cane, and I still have not regained all normal hand strength and feeling (numb nerves).

To date, I have not been asked to show any documentation of vaccination. Not sure what the outcome will be, if and when that happens.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Wow, those articles about Australia are very enlightening. They have gone completely insane with tyranny.

Try finding some of the videos on the youtube or the major news sources concerning arrests for gatherings and folks not following masking guidelines. They are all over reddit

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just when we were beginning to get away from this mask idiocy, we're right back in it.

So, we get stuff like this. The mace-er acting like Billy Badass for his precious camera, and the mace-ee bellowing that he's "ADA compliant" and asking if "that's real mace." Roll Eyes I swear, a black hole of stupid is going to open up inside this store.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kayyem also suggests the “holdouts” with “a variety of motivations” include 41 percent of the unvaccinated that said “a prohibition on airline travel would get them closer to their shots.”

Kayyem champions shaming the unvaccinated, who should “face scorn among their peer group” and “may even be happy to have an excuse to protect themselves,” along with celebrating Broadway, Disney, and Walmart for forcing the unvaccinated to give up “certain societal benefits” to practice their their individuality and freedom of choice.

Let me be clear:
There is no carrot big enough to get me to take your jab against my will; there is no stick big enough to get me to take your jab against my will.

You can offer me $100, free beer, free groceries, $1000, $1,000,000 and it won't matter. You can deprive me of employment, or movement, or anything else and it won't matter.

What will make a difference? Convince me. Provide me with evidence and don't lie to me. But it will take more than propaganda and I will question your motives. I have a right to make up my own mind. I have a right to wait and see what the long-term effects are. It's called informed consent.

Nothing short of convincing me that the vax is in my best interest will get me to do it.

-rduckwor

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ and that should be years of evidence that it's not harmful....but we already know it is to many.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll take 2,500,000 USD after taxes.

And a speedboat.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Wait.

$1,000,000.00 and free beer???

I'd be willing to start negotiations. Smile

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
That video…omg, the cashier has a baton, oc and a body camera.

Granted, the guy should have left when the shop keep told him to, but he didn’t deserve to get sprayed. And that’s why the DA dropped the assault charges against the shopkeep. The shopkeeper was w/I the laws for his state.

I guess the sprayee didn’t know that the cashier can refuse or trespass anyone-bet he was gonna wait till the cops told him to go.

Once 5e cashier refused him, the guy should have just walked off-you ain’t gonna sway his mask ideals…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I used to tell my kids that I'm holding out for a mansion and a yacht...
But the more they push, the more they lie, the more they attempt to deprive me from doing and to coerce me... the more firm I become in my resolve.

-rduckwor

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing about that video is we see the compound stupidity of this global clusterfuck- stupidity on top of stupidity, followed by more stupidity. This virus fiasco has made some awfully small minnows feel like the biggest shark on the reef.

If the douchebag clerk had not had a camera, this would have played out differently, I think. We'll start to see more of this. You would think that people- after 18 moths of this horse shit- would have become much more sophisticated in coping with this never-ending farce.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The division between the masked and unmasked and the vaccinated and unwashed have always been part of the overall plan. Get the people divided amongst themselves and they won’t think to turn on the real enemies, the ones who created this mess by lies, misinformation, deception and a willing media.

I’m surprised by the sheer number of people who think those who choose to not get vaccinated need to be stripped of their rights and be imprisoned. Think of where this all started. Two weeks to flatten the curve. Then it was we need to reach 70% vaccination rate and we can get back to normal. Now it’s obvious this is not going to stop until they get to jab every single person in this country. Illegals are the exception of course. Plus they have destroyed the economy in the process and created millions more government handout dependent bums in the process. Let’s just bottom this shit out and get started over.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post