SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
WHO recommends limiting access to alcohol

Believe it may increase chances of catching the ‘vid.
Oopsie.

After all, whats a good depression without tossing in some prohibition too? Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well they finally updated the IHME site, kind of, data through the 15th.
60,308 total projected deaths through August 4th, down from 68.5k pre-update.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Makes sense that alcohol consumption, particularly to excess would increase likelihood of “catching the ‘vid.” Alcohol is a poison (a very pleasant poison, but a poison nonetheless) that our bodies have to work to breakdown and metabolize. Drinking lots of alcohol is generally not associated with making good decisions.*

I still firmly believe that a free people must be free to make decisions, be they good or bad, and live (or die) with the consequences of those decisions.

* And no, I am not a teetotaler or Prohibitionist. I enjoy a bourbon or two from time to time. Not more than that, as these days it hurts too much later.

I don't disagree, but do you know how many functioning alcoholics exist in this country? You're just going to cut them off cold turkey, do you have any idea what the ramifications of that?

Again although not ideal, there are probably a significant number of people in this country that are self-medicating with alcohol to keep themselves from going nuts. Maybe it's not wise to cut that supply off. I don't know what area you live in but I live in a metro area and listen to the scanner frequently and people are already way off the hook.

Clearly, I should have bolded the second paragraph. Let me try again:

It makes sense that alcohol consumption, especially at high levels, increases risk of becoming infected with the virus. Only that. Shutting liquor stores makes no sense at all.

LET OUR FREE PEOPLE BE FREE TO MAKE FREE CHOICES, Whether we think they are good ones or not.

Yes, I drink occasionally, though less than when I was younger as it is harder on my body now. That is my choice though, and I don't presume to choose for anyone else.

Oh, and additionally, we should probably just tell the WHO to FOAD, not only on this issue, but in general. They have basically proven themselves to be as useless as two dead flies, or even more accurately, worse than useless.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
This is excellent and bad news at the same time.

I'm confused. How is this bad news? Maybe I am misunderstanding, but to me it sounds like, "The virus is much less lethal than the doomsayers have been predicting. It is also much more widespread." One can infer, "The shutdown is a total waste of time. It is time to put our big boy pants on, suggest those at higher risk (or who just feel unsafe) self-quarantine, and let everyone else go back to work."

Am I misunderstanding the information?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If accurate, then this is more prevalent but it also seems to me as well, that it is not as lethal as they want us to think being that so many can have it with no or very little symptoms. It is totally time to let people get back to their lives and jobs.
But that will not fit with their narrative and efforts to control everyone.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

She needs to be brought to justice.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

Ohio's went back up from under 500 to over 700 deaths by August 4.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Georgeair:

That BS won't work at my house......Fuck Them!!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

Yesterday, that model said Florida's peak deaths would happen on May 6 and we would have over 4,700 deaths. Today, it says the peak happened on April 2 and our total projected deaths are now under 1,400. At one point, when the shut down decisions were being made, project deaths were over 15,000. What happened between yesterday and today that caused the peak death date to shift from 2 weeks from now to 2 weeks ago? The model, the inputs, and/or the people running it are fucking shit.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...What happened between yesterday and today that caused the peak death date to shift from 2 weeks from now to 2 weeks ago? ...

Commie Core Math

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Panic envy.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

Oopsie.

Fuck the WHO! I've got enough problems at work right now with all this bullshit, the last thing I need is for half the City of Anchorage to go into full blown withdrawal and come to the ER seeking treatment.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would anybody believe anything the WHO says?
They have covered up and lied right from the start of this mess.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Texas is laying the groundwork for reopening.

Gov Abbott issue 3 executive orders :
  • established the Strike Force to Open Texas—a team of nationally recognized medical experts and private and public leaders who will advise the Governor on safely and strategically reopening the state of Texas. More CEOs on the task force than doctors and politicians.
  • starting a retail to go model on April 24th for non-essential services
  • loosening restrictions on surgeries on April 21st based on COVID-19 PPE availability, reserving 25% of hospital beds for COVID-19, and are no long dependent on the state or feds for COVID-19 PPE

As a result, my county's emergency manager [URL=suspended our Stay at Home Order and Curfew]suspended our Stay at Home Order and Curfew[/URL] .

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peripheral Visionary
    Picture of tigereye313
    posted Hide Post
    ^^ and hopefully a week later they will open completely...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
    Fuck the WHO!
    YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Seeker of Clarity
    Picture of r0gue
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I did TOTALY hear that as you intended it to be! Cool

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post