SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It has nothing to do with the hospitals they work at mandating a vaccine?

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Yeah, but over 96% of practicing physicians are vaccinated, and in general, Doctors are more intelligent and educated than the general population.
Oh, how special.

Appeal to Authority

An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam, is a form of argument in which the opinion of an authority on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument. Some consider that it is used in a cogent form if all sides of a discussion agree on the reliability of the authority in the given context, and others consider it to always be a fallacy to cite an authority on the discussed topic as the primary means of supporting an argument.

You dumbass, stump-jumpin' inbred yokels better pay attention, at least to the extent your shriveled brain and limited attention span will allow. These doctors what been to school are waaaaay smarter than you, and thank goodness there's no chance of bias in their remarks. Besides, it's about time for me to hitch up the mule team and head to town for some fancy dental work. I'll ask the dentist.

However, you might find the "reliability of the authority in the given context" to be a stumbling block. Maybe one of you hillbillies can ask a librarian or somethin'...

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
It has nothing to do with the hospitals they work at mandating a vaccine?

Oh no, can't possibly be that. Statistics always tell the full story, right?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Four out of five dentists recommend Trident chewing gum. I wonder what's wrong with that fifth sumbitch? He probably ain't vaccinated, neither.

I wonder- can any of those 96% of physicians tell us about the longterm effects of this experimental vaccine? I'll wager that 100% of them cannot do so.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

AMA survey shows over 96% of doctors fully vaccinated against COVID-19

You can make a survey say whatever you want it to say and you know it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup - those physicians making 150k-200k+ per year are smart enough to get the experimental spike protein injection so they can keep their jobs and pay off their 400K in student loans. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thank God this 13 year old boy took an experimental shot to protect himself from something that he had a Blutarski like 0.0 percent risk from.

Michigan boy dies in his sleep three days after getting vaccine
By Joe TacopinoJuly 5, 2021 | 2:45am | Updated
Enlarge Image

A 13-year-old Michigan boy died in his sleep three days after receiving the coronavirus vaccine in June and the Centers for Disease Control has opened an investigation into the death, a report said on Sunday.

Jacob Clynick — who was preparing to enter high school in the fall — received his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine at a Walgreens in Zilwaukee, Mich. on June 13, his aunt told the Detroit Free Press.

Jacob was healthy and had no underlying health conditions. In the two days following the second jab, the only side effects he had experienced were the same ones most others had to deal with: fatigue and fever.

On June 15, two nights after receiving the second dose, Jacob complained of a stomach ache before going to sleep and never woke up.

“He passed away in the middle of the night at home,” his aunt, Tammy Burages, said.

The CDC investigation was confirmed by the county health department. The medical examiner performed an autopsy, although a cause of death has not been determined.

“The investigation as to whether there is a correlation between his death and vaccination is now at the federal level with CDC,” the Saginaw County Health Department Medical Director told the Free Press in a statement.

“Meanwhile, the health department continues to encourage families to speak with their physicians to weigh their own risks and benefits of vaccination.”

The Centers for Disease Control has opened an investigation into Clynick's death.

Jacob’s death was reported a month after the CDC acklowdeged “relatively few” reports of myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, among adolescents and young adults who receive the vaccine, though most cases were minor.

The American Academy of Pediatrics agreed, calling the ailment “an extremely rare side effect,” adding that most cases are not severe and people normally recover without treatment.

As Jacob’s family continue to mourn the boy’s untimely passing, his aunt expressed the importance of determining whether the vaccine was completely safe for children.

“If there are factors that can make it riskier for some kids (to get a vaccine), I hope health officials can figure out what those are,” she said.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/...ter-getting-vaccine/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zilwaukee, Mich

^^^^^^^^^^^
If at first glance Zilwaukee looks and sounds like Milwaukee, there’s a good reason for it. Its remiscient name stems from a scheme by two brothers named Daniel and Solomon Johnson. In 1848, they settled in an area along the Saginaw River and consequently built a sawmill. They then realized, obviously, that they needed people to run the mill. Recalling a large German population in Milwaukee, they named their new settlement “Zilwaukee.” They hoped to confuse new German immigrants into thinking they were going to Milwaukee. Now, Zilwaukee is a 2.34 square-mile, colorful city located close to Saginaw.

Slight thread drift. Confuse immigrants! I think today's immigrants are smarter. Not a lot of Hispanics in Mexico Beach, FL.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
“If there are factors that can make it riskier for some kids (to get a vaccine), I hope health officials can figure out what those are,” she said.

So sorry for the boy and his death. So meaningless. A CDC investigation is a clear conflict of interest; there needs to be independent investigations and oversight; no censorship.

Perhaps they already know and are censoring the information. How do you feel about that? And how would you feel if they do figure it out but continue to downplay and mislead in their pursuit of 100% compliance? And what if the outcomes are random - would you still encourage your child to get the vaccine (let's be clear - this wasn't the child's decision to make, it's completely and solely the responsibility of the parent to make this decision)?

You know, instead of wondering whether the vaccine was safe after the fact, perhaps you could have done some of the due diligence before taking the vaccine.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
My 10 and 20 year old daughters will not be getting the vaccine under any circumstances. The public school system cannot make my 10 year old get because we pulled her out and put her into private school.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

So sorry for the boy and his death. So meaningless. A CDC investigation is a clear conflict of interest; there needs to be independent investigations and oversight; no censorship.

A preliminary autopsy, according the the Detroit Free Press, found that he had an enlarged heart when he died and had fluid around his heart. We know that this is a side effect of this vaccine, particularly in young people. Perhaps it is in a small number of young people at this time, but why would anyone who is relatively young and healthy even take that risk by taking this jab? It is utterly incongruous with prudence or good sense. It is UNREASONABLE. You hear me, Gov. Cox?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Reading that article made me furious! Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jacob’s death was reported a month after the CDC acklowdeged “relatively few” reports of myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, among adolescents and young adults who receive the vaccine, though most cases were minor.
Oh, yes, "minor", unless it's you or your kid.
quote:
“Meanwhile, the health department continues to encourage families to speak with their physicians to weigh their own risks and benefits of vaccination.”
Blow it out your ass.

posted Hide Post
It is possible that the kid had pre-existing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. When my youngest was 12 he had a cold and I used my stethoscope to listen to his lungs and heard a murmur so massive it made me sick to my stomach. No previous doctors appointment had heard this and he was a normal, active kid. Rushed him to the ER and he was immediately transferred to children’s hospital where he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart due to mitral valve insufficiency and cardiomyopathy. Now 20, he is doing great on medication and his heart is virtually normal, even on MRI. I feel extremely fortunate to have accidentally come across that murmur, as there was a good chance that he could have gone into a-fib and passed at any time.

Point is, though it could very well be the vaccine that caused this poor boys death, (especially considering the now known risks) there could be other factors involved. My boy showed no symptoms and would have been considered healthy with no preconditions, all while having a serious, undiagnosed disease.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
There should be a list of things we require before we would even consider consenting to a vaccine. For example, based on uncensored, comprehensive, scientifically vetted data:

1. Why is ivermectin not the first choice as prophylactic and/or treatment?
2. Need a response to the risks and issues as articulated by groups like front line docs, mRNA experts / inventors, etc.
3. Why is vaccination an imperative for a flu with a 99.9% survival rate? Why not follow the examples of data driven decisions in other countries like Singapore?
4. What is the vaccination rate at Pfizer, et al (big pharma vaccine manufacters)? What about rates at other related institutions (other pharma that don't make wuflu vaccines)? Why?
5. What is the risk to others if I'm not vaccinated? Again - need actionable data, not what-ifs, not speculation, not worries.
6. I'm sure there is a long list of other things..... just some to start as example.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Ah...The media is tipping their hand again.

If you object to door to door vaccination crews, you are a national security risk.

If you are a national security risk, what does that open the door to?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi.../1412758997292179456

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:
It is possible that the kid had pre-existing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. When my youngest was 12 he had a cold and I used my stethoscope to listen to his lungs and heard a murmur so massive it made me sick to my stomach. No previous doctors appointment had heard this and he was a normal, active kid. Rushed him to the ER and he was immediately transferred to children’s hospital where he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart due to mitral valve insufficiency and cardiomyopathy. Now 20, he is doing great on medication and his heart is virtually normal, even on MRI. I feel extremely fortunate to have accidentally come across that murmur, as there was a good chance that he could have gone into a-fib and passed at any time.

Point is, though it could very well be the vaccine that caused this poor boys death, (especially considering the now known risks) there could be other factors involved. My boy showed no symptoms and would have been considered healthy with no preconditions, all while having a serious, undiagnosed disease.

Indirectly - you sort of hit home on something here. One of the reasons clinical trials on medicines and vaccinations run 3-5 years is so scientists and physicians can thoroughly explore the effects on a wide variety of medical conditions - like heart conditions. (regardless of diagnosis). This is the real danger of subjecting yourself or a loved one to an emergency/experimental vaccine.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
If you object to door to door vaccination crews, you are a national security risk.
I figure I was already assigned that label.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Given the ongoing talks of mandating the vaccine to the point of door to door strike forces enforcing it I’d really be concerned had I taken it already. What the hell is in this concoction they so desperately want everyone to take? It’s not about 70% anymore when they are openly talking about door to door canvassing.

The government is not that concerned about anyone’s health. I promise you that.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post