SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I can't believe how much y'all are worried about adverse effects from the vaccine.

Shitting me? Besides the actual OFFICIAL data that shows this vaccine is completely incongruous with all other previous vaccines in regards to what is considered safe and an acceptable risk, my own personal anecdotal evidence tells me without any doubt in my mind that this vaccine is dangerous, and you're frankly a fool to trust anyone who tells you it's safe at this point in the game

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I can't believe how much y'all are worried about adverse effects from the vaccine.

Shitting me? Besides the actual OFFICIAL data that shows this vaccine is completely incongruous with all other previous vaccines in regards to what is considered safe and an acceptable risk, my own personal anecdotal evidence tells me without any doubt in my mind that this vaccine is dangerous, and you're frankly a fool to trust anyone who tells you it's safe at this point in the game
Balze I know where you're going, but to be fair, there really isn't adequate data available to draw any real solid conclusions yet, even though there are some indications that certain groups may be at risk. That in and of itself should be more than enough reason to cause people pause. And I feel for those folks here that are being mandated by their employer to take the poke or potentially lose their source of income.

My biggest concern is that the data that would tell us definitely how effective and/or safe these vaccines are over the long haul is either not being collected/compiled/analyzed/released, or is actively being altered and/or buried to support the current agenda. Regardless, I personally don't trust government on any level at this point, so they can shove their fabulous vaccines up their azzes.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fauci changes tune again, says vaccinated should wear masks in parts of US

https://nypost.com/2021/07/04/...asks-in-parts-of-us/

White House chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci said Sunday that fully vaccinated Americans should “go the extra step” and wear masks when traveling to parts of the country with low vaccination rates.

Fauci, who is also the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that “there would be good reason” to wear masks in those areas “because, as we’ve said so often, vaccines are not, even as good as they are and highly effective, 100 percent.

“And if you put yourself in an environment in which you have a high level of viral dynamics and a very low level of vaccine, you might want to go the extra step and say, ‘When I’m in that area where there’s a considerable degree of viral circulation, I might want to go the extra mile to be cautious enough to make sure that I get the extra added level of protection’, even though the vaccines themselves are highly effective,” he added.

“Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd had asked Fauci, who was fully vaccinated in January, whether he would wear a mask if he traveled to Mississippi, the state currently with the lowest vaccination rate.

Fauci’s comments were at odds with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, who told NBC’s “Today” show June 30 that fully vaccinated Americans are “safe from the variants that are circulating here in the United States.”

Walensky also reiterated that the CDC’s stance remains that fully vaccinated Americans are not obligated to wear masks and added that “masking policies are not to protect the vaccinated, they’re to protect the unvaccinated.”

Fauci himself has a history of inconsistency when it comes to mask-wearing. Emails obtained by Buzzfeed News last month showed Fauci told former Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell in February 2020 that “[t]he typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material.”

The NIAID director later changed his tune and mask recommendations and mandates were in effect in many states by the middle of last spring.

In May of this year, Fauci told CBS News that vaccinated Americans don’t need to wear masks outside.

“If you were going into a completely crowded situation where people are essentially falling all over each other, then you wear a mask,” he said at the time. “But any other time, if you’re vaccinated and you’re outside, put aside your mask. You don’t have to wear it.”

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Fuck Fauci right in his COVID hole.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
White House chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci said Sunday that fully vaccinated Americans should “go the extra step” and wear masks when traveling to parts of the country with low vaccination rates.
Proof please...that masks accomplish anything in regard to preventing the spread of Covid. Such an easy question, yet not a single media personality could come up with it. And of course we all now know the answer to that question at this point. Hey Toni, drop dead.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The Life Extension Foundation lists the vitamins you need to take to have a strong immune system in the June and July issue:

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2020

You can download the issues in PDF.

Posts: 11892 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Maybe if I had a thing for magnets?

Na!

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think most people understand why clinical trails on medicines and vaccinations often run 3-5 years. These trials don't fail in the first 48-hours, which Big Pharma would prefer,they fail 12-18-24+ months down the line. (which can be very expensive for Big Pharma).

The difference in death tolls between Covid19 and the spike protein poke is only significant when you consider the way it was/is measured. (or not measured)

Do you know any Execs at Pfizer, J&J or Moderna? Find out if they received the poke and then make your decision.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CEO of Pfizer took the vaccine.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
CEO of Pfizer took the vaccine.

We cannot prove or disprove that. He may have been telling the truth, but remember, anyone can say anything. I wouldn't take that or any other vaccine just because the company's CEO took it anyway, so it doesn't mean much to me either way.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We cannot prove or disprove that. He may have been telling the truth, but remember, anyone can say anything. I wouldn't take that or any other vaccine just because the company's CEO took it anyway, so it doesn't mean much to me either way.

^^^^^^^^^
Really? The dude asked a question and I answered it. There are pretty severe consequences for lying as a CEO. I was not advocating for anyone taking the vaccine. You are overreaching. It might help if you read Grantguy's post where HE asked the question. I do not believe that I said anything other than that.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
If you are in the Army prepare for your jab if you haven't had one already.

https://www.armytimes.com/news...army-tells-commands/

Prepare for mandatory COVID vaccines in September, Army tells commands

The Army has directed commands to prepare to administer mandatory COVID-19 vaccines as early as Sept. 1, pending full Food and Drug Administration licensure, Army Times has learned.

The directive came from an execute order sent to the force by Department of the Army Headquarters.

Army Times obtained a portion of a recent update to HQDA EXORD 225-21, COVID-19 Steady State Operations.

“Commanders will continue COVID-19 vaccination operations and prepare for a directive to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for service members [on or around] 01 September 2021, pending full FDA licensure,” the order said. “Commands will be prepared to provide a backbrief on servicemember vaccination status and way ahead for completion once the vaccine is mandated.”

EXORDS are utilized when the president directs the defense secretary to execute a military operation.

“As a matter of policy we do not comment on leaked documents. The vaccine continues to be voluntary,” said Maj. Jackie Wren, an Army spokesperson. “If we are directed by DoD to change our posture, we are prepared to do so.”

The Pentagon has not put out any guidance to the services to prepare for a mandatory vaccine roll-out in September, a defense official separately told Army Times.

It was not immediately clear whether the vaccines would even be approved in time for a Sept. 1 mandatory rollout. And an FDA spokesperson did not have an exact timeline available.

The ”timelines for vaccine approval may vary depending on a number of factors, but as Pfizer and Moderna announced, they have initiated rolling submissions of their biologics license applications for their COVID-19 vaccines,” said Alison Hunt, an FDA spokesperson. “As a general matter, FDA cannot comment on particular applications.”

Once the companies finish collecting biologics license application data on their vaccines, the FDA will take 60 days to review the applications for full approval, in accordance with the agency’s guidelines for priority review.

The Army currently has around 70 percent of its force vaccinated against the coronavirus, according to Army Lt. Gen. Ronald Place, director of the Defense Health Agency.

However, demand for the vaccine has fallen off in recent months across the military, roughly following a similar drop in demand among the American people.

The Veterans Affairs administration is currently weighing a plan to require all VA staffers to receive the vaccine, amid growing worry worldwide about the more severe Delta variant of the virus.

The Navy also recently told sailors to expect a mandatory vaccination program despite having the highest vaccine acceptance rate thus far.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a surprise. I remember the mandatory Anthrax vaccine program.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do too. Lots of soldiers died because of it. This will likely be no different.

quote:
I was not advocating for anyone taking the vaccine. You are overreaching. It might help if you read Grantguy's post where HE asked the question. I do not believe that I said anything other than that.

I didn't say that you were advocating one way or the other. I was responding to both you and Graniteguy. Regardless of whether a CEO has said the vaccine is safe (and they've taken it), I am not in a group that would necessitate a jab, so thanks but no thanks. As to whether or not the CEO is telling the truth??? I don't know. None of us do, but looking back at how many lies have been told by the media, medical "professionals", "scientists", and others, I have no reason to believe anything from the CEO of a company that stands to make billions of dollars on his word. Yeah, there's no incentive to deceive there Roll Eyes

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:

I do too. Lots of soldiers died because of it. This will likely be no different.

And the Wuhan virus sure as hell isn't anything like Anthrax which can be up to 90% lethal when airborne. Even in its most common form it's 20% lethal. So yeah, if a soldier is going into a war zone where there is the threat of anthrax, it is probably worth the risk of taking an experimental vaccine.

But covid? Forgettaboutit. Ridiculous. This mandatory shot crap for anyone is gross and shameful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fauci-Funded EcoHealth Refuses To Give Wuhan Documents To Congress

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...n-documents-congress

Four months before the Obama administration suspended federal funding for gain-of-function research on US soil, the process by which virologists manipulate viruses to be more transmissible to humans, a subagency of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) - headed by Dr. Anthony Fauci - effectively shifted this research to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) via a grant to nonprofit group EcoHealth Alliance, headed by Peter Daszak.

The first $666,442 installment of EcoHealth's $3.7 million NIH grant was paid in June 2014, with similar annual payments through May 2019 under the "Understanding The Risk Of Bat Coronavirus Emergence" project, as we noted in April.

As we noted in April, the WIV "had openly participated in gain-of-function research in partnership with U.S. universities and institutions" for years under the leadership of Dr. Shi 'Batwoman' Zhengli, according to the Washington Post's Josh Rogin.

Now, Daszak is refusing to comply with a months-old document request from House Republicans related to his work at the Wuhan lab, according to Just The News.

As government investigators and journalists dig to uncover the full scope of Daszak's links to the WIV, Daszak is continuing to spurn a congressional request for that information.

In April, Republicans on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce sent Daszak a letter directing him to submit, among many other documents, "all letters, emails, and other communications between [EcoHealth] and [the WIV] related to terms of agreements, bat coronaviruses, genome or genetic sequencing, SARS-CoV-2, and/or laboratory safety practices" pursuant to key NIH research funding through EcoHealth to the Wuhan lab as a grant sub-recipient.

Yet Daszak himself has not cooperated with the request. An aide with the Energy and Commerce Committee confirmed to Just the News this week that the committee has "received no response still from EcoHealth Alliance and Peter Daszak to the April 16th letter from Leaders Rodgers, Guthrie, and Griffith." -JTN

"We have asked Daszak to provide information we know he has that sheds light on the origins of this pandemic," said GOP Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, who has also publicly noted Daszak's refusal to play ball.

"Dr. Daszak, you received American funds you used to conduct research on bat coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology," Rodgers continued during a House subcommittee meeting last week. "You owe it to the American people to be transparent."

Meanwhile, Congressional Democrats aren't actually interested in getting to the bottom of things - as they themselves hold subpoena power in both chambers. The ultimate authority, as JTN notes, rests with that party - specifically Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Frank Pallone - who notably boosted funding to Fauci's NIH in 2015 to the tune of $2 billion per year through 2020.

Why a subpoena hasn't been issued in more than two months is unclear, but we could venture a guess...

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
We’ll see when the first lawsuits get filed.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
It occurs to me that it is possible that the people with adverse reactions to the spike protein synthesis created by the mRNA vaccines may also be the same people most susceptible to COVID in the first place.

People with comorbidities may die of normal viral replication and associated destruction of their cells, hence the risk to the elderly and infirm. But otherwise healthy people under 60 that have been hospitalized or died from COVID may have reacted to the effects of the spike protein. Those same people may also have reacted to the mRNA vaccines had they gotten them.

So if the vaccination rate in younger people is higher than the infection rate, you would get more issues from the vaccine than from infection. In the end, it may be a wash - if you didn't react to the vaccine, you probably would have not had a bad case of COVID, and vice versa.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I avoided it when I told the doc Mrs. Mike and I were trying to conceive. It was one of the few ways to avoid it. We were trying having spent about 50k thus far to do in vitro, etc…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I'm not looking for comments.
Impossible

No more new threads on this subject, please
I just got back from the first bluegrass jam of the year. The fiddler, a former chemistry teacher who totes around a $50k violin and has education, says all of the Wuhan scientists and lab staff were murdered by the regime. Regarding the virus escaping, was it planned? Maybe not but why let a catastrophe go to waste? Some people think it was a test run for China's global population reduction plan.

Well, if we're all going to be dead in 20-50 years, I'll go ahead and have that second slice of pie. With ice cream, like last time.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post