SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Sounds crazy, doesn't it? How crazy do you think someone would be deemed if they went back to February of 2020 and described what has taken place over the past year and a half?

I'd tell them to get their crazy conspiracy shit out of here. Yet, here we are.

Conspiracy theorists are turning professional. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I am not going to put a rushed, untested, government sponsored substance into my body. Especially not fore a virus that is fatal in 2-3% of cases. My life my choice. Para is spot on what five years or ten years what are the side effects. I remember reading about Thalidomide, not that long ago.

https://helix.northwestern.edu...afety-and-regulation

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still don't get the vaccine fight.
Let me sum it up for you as concisely as I can. I'm in my fifties and healthy. I have no health issues at all to speak of. As such, even the CDC's data shows I am not in a risk category and have less than a .03% chance of dying if infected with this virus (i.e. a lower chance than being hit by lightning). As such, I do not in any way fear this virus. So why would I opt to take a vaccine only being utilized under an Emergency Use Authorization because it has not been fully vetted, for something I have virtually a zero chance of being hurt by? Then the government walks in and is doing everything in its power to coerce and/or manipulate me (and others like me) into getting in line to take the poke. The overwhelming question that should occur to everyone is...why? If you're vaccinated, you're supposedly safe from the unvaccinated like me. If I already had and recovered from Covid, I have the same T-cell anti-bodies in my system you do via your experimental vaccine, so again, why the push for that group (which is huge) to be vaccinated? And why push to vaccinate children who have an incalculably small percentage of acquiring, suffering from, or spreading Covid, especially in the face of data starting to flow noting there 'may' be 'some' issues for 'some' younger people with the vaccines?

This whole thing has been nothing but a continual flow of complete and utter bullshit and lies. And in light of the information I offered above, I don't think its a conspiracy theory to speculate the government is solely interested in the $$$ and control they can generate out of this opportunity. It damn sure ain't out of a concern for public health.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Anyone who can’t see what is going on is willfully ignorant at this point.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My apologies if I’ve missed this video being posted.
https://ourtube.co.uk/v/lYJ1sv

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Knock, knock. Who's there? Vaccine patrol.

I make it a point to not be rude to people who show up at my door.

The day this mess shows up at my door is likely the day I'll be rude.

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They will get run off of my property PDQ.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I make it a point to not be rude to people who show up at my door.

Anybody shows up at my door trying to peddle this snake oil, they are getting a 55 gallon drum of rude.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Department of Health tried going door to door last fall to hand out a covid questionnaire and give anti body tests and just generally inundate you with more covid fear.
Yes in the middle of a supposed pandemic they were going in groups of three door to door. Didn't last long as they were not welcomed into many homes. I recall reading there were more than several not so pleasant confrontations. They pulled the plug on that project pretty quickly. I doubt they will find many volunteers to go door to door with a needle trying to force the jab on people who don't want it.

quote:
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has ended door-to-door COVID-19 testing in Minnesota after its workers faced violent threats and racist slurs from rural state residents. Among the threats, three workers surveying the small town of Eitzen claimed that three men blocked their path using two cars. One of the men had a holstered gun.

Though the workers were allowed to leave and didn't file a police report, other workers reported being shouted at and insulted at people's front doors or being angrily approached on the street. One Latina worker said she was called a particular anti-Latino racist slur "more in the last week than in her entire life," state senior epidemiology supervisor Stephanie Yendell told the Star Tribune.

The workers were part of a federal CDC team assisting state health officials with the Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER), a door-to-door survey that gathers representative demographic data to assess community needs in times of crisis, such as natural or man-made disasters.

Georgia and Hawaii have already undergone CASPER COVID-19 surveys and more are currently being done in other states.

The Minnesota CASPER survey team included 12 CDC workers, six state workers, 22 hired nurses and three local public health workers. Together, they collected 400 samples before the state ended the survey.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Knock, knock. Who's there? Vaccine patrol.

Yeah... how do you think that’s gonna go?

Jen Psaki Warns Americans: ‘We Will Be Going Door to Door’ to Check If You Have Taken the Vaccine

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a threat, doesn't it? If they're really that obstinately stupid, I look forward to the opportunity to run them off my property.

Just wait until the field reports start coming in, you clueless, anti-American trash. Joe will drool, Harris will cackle, with the usual stupid look she wears, and then they'll tell the taskforce to keep up the good work.

These twits are going to get someone seriously injured or killed. Do they actually think it is a function of the Executive branch to try to force people to do things against their will?

posted Hide Post
I'll probably be dead from the "Delta Variant" before they knock on my door.

Don't think I'll survive that one. The Venezuela strain killed me, the Honduran one killed me, the Peruvian one... Well that was a long slow death. The original Chinese one was quick and painless. The Epsilon one was weird, you think you're ok, then you're dead.

But I died from Ebola, Swine flu, Bird flu, Zika virus, and cooties back in the 3rd grade.

They knock on my door, I'm coughing on them. Probably be naked too.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will do some door-to-door nonsense in the metro areas to put on a dog-and-pony show for the media. And then they will fudge the numbers to show an uptick in vaccinations due to their noble efforts.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

They knock on my door, I'm coughing on them. Probably be naked too.

With a thermometer in your mouth.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Even my GP refused to get it until he'd seen several million people beta test it first....

Yeah, but over 96% of practicing physicians are vaccinated, and in general, Doctors are more intelligent and educated than the general population.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press...s%20across%20regions.

AMA survey shows over 96% of doctors fully vaccinated against COVID-19

CHICAGO — The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated.

The national AMA survey is the first to specifically collect data on practicing physicians’ COVID-19 vaccination rates. The survey was conducted June 3–8 and showed an increase of more than 20 percent for physicians who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 compared to a May 2021 Medscape poll.

“Practicing physicians across the country are leading by example, with an amazing uptake of the COVID-19 vaccines,” said AMA President Susan R. Bailey, MD. “Physicians and clinicians are uniquely positioned to listen to and validate patient concerns, and one of the most powerful anecdotes a physician can offer is that they themselves have been vaccinated. You can take it from your doctor: the COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. With COVID-19 vaccines readily available and approved for all people 12 years old and up, we urge you to get vaccinated—take the single most important step you can to protect yourself, your family, and end the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It has nothing to do with the hospitals they work at mandating a vaccine?

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Yeah, but over 96% of practicing physicians are vaccinated, and in general, Doctors are more intelligent and educated than the general population.
Oh, how special.

Appeal to Authority

An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam, is a form of argument in which the opinion of an authority on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument. Some consider that it is used in a cogent form if all sides of a discussion agree on the reliability of the authority in the given context, and others consider it to always be a fallacy to cite an authority on the discussed topic as the primary means of supporting an argument.

You dumbass, stump-jumpin' inbred yokels better pay attention, at least to the extent your shriveled brain and limited attention span will allow. These doctors what been to school are waaaaay smarter than you, and thank goodness there's no chance of bias in their remarks. Besides, it's about time for me to hitch up the mule team and head to town for some fancy dental work. I'll ask the dentist.

However, you might find the "reliability of the authority in the given context" to be a stumbling block. Maybe one of you hillbillies can ask a librarian or somethin'...

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
It has nothing to do with the hospitals they work at mandating a vaccine?

Oh no, can't possibly be that. Statistics always tell the full story, right?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Four out of five dentists recommend Trident chewing gum. I wonder what's wrong with that fifth sumbitch? He probably ain't vaccinated, neither.

I wonder- can any of those 96% of physicians tell us about the longterm effects of this experimental vaccine? I'll wager that 100% of them cannot do so.