SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Whitmer Makes Michigan First State To Tie Reopening To Vaccination Rates

Despite the federal government's assurances that it wouldn't require individuals to accept the COVID-19 vaccine with the force of law, states, cities and the private sector are finding new ways to "incentivize" vaccination, especially as waning demand is leaving states with growing piles of unwanted COVID-19 jabs - and the Biden Administration with egg on its face.

And while NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio was announcing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" (a show which we didn't realize was essential viewing for his 9 million constituents) that he plans to "fully reopen" NYC on July 1, moving to take full credit for the city's return, presumably to spite his archrival, NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was detailing a new plan to tie the pace of MIchigan's reopening to vaccination levels.

The "MI Vacc to Normal" plan will begin easing restrictions only after 4.5MM Michiganders (55% of the state's adult population) have received their first dose. That threshold could be reached within the next week and a half, Whitmer said, but residents and business owners will still need to wait an additional two weeks after the threshold is reached for any loosening of restrictions.

"The MI Vacc to Normal challenge outlines steps we can take to emerge from this pandemic as we hit our vaccination targets together," Whitmer said. "On our path to vaccinating 70% of Michiganders 16 and up, we can take steps to gradually get back to normal while keeping people safe. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to rise to the challenge and be a part of the solution so we can continue our economic recovery and have the summer we all crave."

The second step starts two weeks after 4.9MM residents, or 60% of the adult population, receive their first dose. The administration will increase capacity limits on stadiums, gyms and banquet centers and lift the current curfew on bars and restaurants, Detroit News reported.

The third step comes two weeks after 5.3MM residents, or 65% of the adult population, gets their first dose. The administration will lift all indoor capacity requirements and relax restrictions on residential social gatherings. The fourth and final phase will begin two weeks after the 5.7MM-resident threshold, representing 70% of the adult population (roughly the level at which vaccine-induced "herd immunity" is expected to kick in), gets their first dose. Then, the state will lift its restrictions on gatherings and face mask-wearing.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ng-vaccination-rates

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24640 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That Whitmer is one evil bitch Eek

Why hasn’t she been impeached or recalled yet?

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Regarding India:

I’m reading about two things that occurred before this huge spike in Covid deaths, both right around February 1:

1. WHO told India to stop using Ivermectin and they stopped

2. India started Covid vaccinations

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
2. India started Covid vaccinations

1. If I get the Covid I want Ivermectin.
2. I don't want the Covid vaccination.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24640 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ivermectin for the Win. 1 Liter Pharma grade at Tractor Supply for $25. Cool

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
That Whitmer is one evil bitch Eek

Why hasn’t she been impeached or recalled yet?

Those actions are too relaxed for this type of evil.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
What’s the Tractor Supply Ivermectin dose for a 180 pound human?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
What’s the Tractor Supply Ivermectin dose for a 180 pound human?

The same as any other agricultural retailers dose. Big Grin

A liter would last you a lifetime. Literally talking a few milliliters daily for 3-5 days.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding India:

I thought ivermectin was working for them. Why would they stop just because WHO said something unless there was an extortion involved. Like stop using it or the US will stop sending financial aid or something?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Regarding India:

I thought ivermectin was working for them. Why would they stop just because WHO said something unless there was an extortion involved. Like stop using it or the US will stop sending financial aid or something?

The WHO and its crony allies have numerous ways to intimidate and extort. They were certainly not going to let India and Invermectin derail the $90 Billion dollar-per year Big Pharma COVID freight train.

BTW - the US has also launched a full court media press against Ivermectin. Their reason not to use it?

"It has not been thoroughly evaluated by the FDA via clinical trails". Roll Eyes

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were certainly not going to let India and Invermectin derail the $90 Billion dollar-per year Big Pharma COVID freight train.

BTW - the US has also launched a full court media press against Ivermectin. Their reason not to use it? "It has not been thoroughly evaluated by the FDA via clinical trails". OK - but let's launch a new vaccine without trials?

Exactly. It's all about the money for Big Pharma.
Ivermectin is cheap, and apparently effective. Yes, do the clinical trails. But don't bad mouth it on the basis that you haven't done clinical trails. It's being used elsewhere. Look at that data.

-rduckwor

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Last year, here in PA the Dept of Health had ads on all the tv stations, encouraging everyone to install an app on their phone, so they could do contact tracing of covid exposures.

I laughed, because who is stupid enough to voluntarily sign up for the government to have info on where you go & who you come in contact with? Right?

Well, evidently, they found at least 70,000 brain dead people to sign up, and now their personal info has been leaked by the contractor the state hired for $23M.

These are probably the same people who sit in theaters, mouth breathing, watching futuristic movies about government conspiracies, AI and robots taking over the world.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/inve...YPRDVDBSTE5IMVYSCH4/

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
The WHO and its crony allies have numerous ways to intimidate and extort. They were certainly not going to let India and Invermectin derail the $90 Billion dollar-per year Big Pharma COVID freight train.

You're right about that. They have come too far to let this slip away.
People need to understand who is behind the WHO, World Economic Forum, Gates Foundation, Etc. and what they are really up to.
These powerful people are not behind Agenda 21/2030 for no reason.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Gonna stop in and stir the pot a little more: Sister in law got first Pfizer shot and now has da Wu Flu. Gotta love when karma slaps the shit outta stupid assed liberals who gobble up the medias bullshit.

Posts: 2860 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The side-effects reporting site also shot up by over 30K new incidents this week.

The jab is not risk-free. No way.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW - what the hell is "shedding"?

Had an associate tell me to be wary around people who were recently vaccinated due to a sharp increase of shedding cases in the US this week. Apparently, transferrable side effects from a recently vaccinated person(s). I had never heard of this until today. (if it is even legit)

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Gonna stop in and stir the pot a little more: Sister in law got first Pfizer shot and now has da Wu Flu. Gotta love when karma slaps the shit outta stupid assed liberals who gobble up the medias bullshit.

Do you think the shot caused the virus or just she got it even with a vaccine? As I understand it the vaccine is not attenuated virus so while it can certainly have horrid side effects it can’t cause Covid.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
BTW - what the hell is "shedding"?

Had an associate tell me to be wary around people who were recently vaccinated due to a sharp increase of shedding cases in the US this week. Apparently, transferrable side effects from a recently vaccinated person(s). I had never heard of this until today. (if it is even legit)

Shedding is very legit. That’s why pregnant women aren’t supposed to be around some vaccinated people for a certain period of time. I have no idea about the Covid vaccines though.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Conversation with my step-mother this morning. She and my father are both family GP docs. Nearly 40 years of medical experience (each, they met in residency). They've been swallowing more and more of the left's koolaide for several years now, especially since the youngest sibling finished her law degree from Willamette completing her indoctrination training initiated at Calvin. She was once again attempting to convince me to get vaccinated. She did finally have a personal story applicable to the argument, however. She's on staff now at the church where I used to be a pastor. The current staff is about 13 people, and she relayed that 8 of them had been vaccinated in previous months. They apparently had an in person staff meeting a month or so ago, in which someone must have been asymptomatic for Covid because in the next few days EVERY PERSON who attended the meeting contracted Covid. Those who had been previously vaccinated experience mild, but observable symptoms. 2 people had just finished their second shot the very same day. They both got pretty sick but did not end up in hospital. Every person who was not vaccinated was hospitalized at some point with Covid, one person was on a ventilator for some significant time period, and was still hospitalized.

Personal stories of real-life experience with the vaccine and Covid matter in my own decision process. I don't trust a word said by the CDC or news outlet. I'm one step closer to considering the vaccine after her story.

I simply would like to see more time under the belt of this vaccine. More real stories from real people, not propaganda. If a real threat to my local community showed up, I might reconsider. If I was forced to travel outside Alaska, I might reconsider. Even with the vaccine, a person will still get Covid, still spread Covid, and can still die of Covid. Evidence is finally showing up though, that the chances of dying from Covid post shot (assuming you've had your booster for the latest variant floating around), is considerably less. How long before we know what the side-effects of the shot are though? How many years before it is really proven to be safe?

I'm still on the fence for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Shedding refers to the process by which a vector (human, animal or plant) sheds virions (viral particles) during the infectious stage, the duration of which varies greatly depending on the strength of one's immune response (IR).

It would take pages to write all the reasons why someone can get the vaccine and still come down with Covid-19, the very first of which is they were already infected but asymptomatic at the time of their vaccination.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post