SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Article says there were 2,093 Omicron deaths in one day. Is that right?

That is not what the article says. What it says is
quote:

On Tuesday, the US recorded 172,072 new cases - down from 253,954 on Monday - and 2093 deaths in a single day.

It doesn't say those deaths resulted from infections from the Xi (aka: "Omicron") variant. While Xi is surging, Delta is still out there. Delta is probably what my wife and I caught.

Creepy Uncle Joe and Dr. Fauxi won't like this:
quote:

Despite the rising number of cases, particularly in New York where cases overall have risen 102% in the state over the past two weeks, the president of one of New York's largest hospital systems has said that the Omicron surge is not straining his facilities.

'We're doing very, very well, very manageable. There's no crisis,' Michael Dowling, the CEO of Northwell Health, told CNN's John Berman on Tuesday.

How ya gonna instill FUD and panic with medical professionals saying that kind of thing, I ask ya's?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Right back at ya, Joe

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Army: Walter Reed explains their development of an Anti SARS nanoparticle which has 24 faces to attack known Coronavirus variants.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/22/...-all-covid-variants/

Requires Stage 2 and 3 testing. Also states the DNA sequencing was already done in 2020. The anticipated result, hopefully, it to eliminate Coronavirus as a disease producing virus.

I'm not going to say it can't happen, I'm giving it the Missouri SHOW ME approach. Those with better sources or insights should contribute.

It's described as a "soccer ball" and where have I seen that before, some photo handing off the ball . . .

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I’m perfectly content to continue being in the control group with the absolute best resistance to Covid- natural immunity. In about 10 years when people aren’t dropping like flies, suffering from strange maladies, or unforeseen diseases as part of adverse reactions, I might revisit this but I’m not holding my breath.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15640 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court to hear arguments on Biden's COVID-19 vaccine mandate on businesses

The arguments were scheduled unusually quickly and will be heard by the Supreme Court on Jan. 7, 2022.

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The Supreme Court announced Wednesday it will hold a special hearing Jan. 7, 2022, on the legality of Biden administration vaccine mandates on healthcare workers and private companies with more than 100 people.

The court's decision to quickly take up the cases follows a series of different rulings in lower courts. The mandates will remain in place pending January's oral arguments.

The cases were rushed to the Supreme Court due to the time-sensitive nature of the Biden administration's mandates. More than 17 million healthcare workers are required by the federal government to be vaccinated by Jan. 4, 2022. Businesses with more than 100 employees also face this deadline, which impacts 84 million Americans.

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I do not like this. I think this just stinks of a rubber stamp. I would of rather let this continue to be hammered out the lower courts.

The SC has become a political tool for the left. Really unfortunate.

Hopefully those smarter that I have a plan C.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
Army: Walter Reed explains their development of an Anti SARS nanoparticle which has 24 faces to attack known Coronavirus variants.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/22/...-all-covid-variants/

Requires Stage 2 and 3 testing. Also states the DNA sequencing was already done in 2020. The anticipated result, hopefully, it to eliminate Coronavirus as a disease producing virus.

I'm not going to say it can't happen, I'm giving it the Missouri SHOW ME approach. Those with better sources or insights should contribute.

It's described as a "soccer ball" and where have I seen that before, some photo handing off the ball . . .

I posted this yesterday on this thread.

https://www.defenseone.com/tec...ars-variants/360089/

Here is the trial info.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2...e+Spfn&draw=2&rank=1

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If you google omicron, almost every news source seems to indicate that we are nearing the end of the “plandemic” and entering the “endemic” phase of the pathogen. In other words, it is here to stay, we will never get rid of it, everyone that is going to get “vaccinated” has done so, and the globe is sick and tired of the bullshit. But the US government is still pushing doom and gloom. They can’t possibly ignore how stupid this makes them look.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15640 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I do not like this. I think this just stinks of a rubber stamp. I would of rather let this continue to be hammered out the lower courts.

The SC has become a political tool for the left. Really unfortunate.

Hopefully those smarter that I have a plan C.

Yeah, but that's how it has to happen. First the 5th Circuit issued a stay to the vaccine mandate. Then, because of the "lottery" system, the case ended up in the 6th which reversed the stay. Where else could it go next but SCOTUS? Pretty sure we know how Benedict Roberts will rule. Question is, will either Kavanaugh or Barrett cave. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26546 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Roberts and Kavanaugh are part of the Establishment so those two are a no-brainer as far as how they'll rule. Not sure about Barrett but she seems reluctant to go against Roberts on anything. Not Good.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Supreme Court announced Wednesday it will hold a special hearing Jan. 7, 2022, on the legality of Biden administration vaccine mandates on healthcare workers and private companies with more than 100 people.

More than 17 million healthcare workers are required by the federal government to be vaccinated by Jan. 4, 2022. Businesses with more than 100 employees also face this deadline, which impacts 84 million Americans.
Ain't that grand. SCOTUS agrees to hear this three days 'after' thousands of good people lose their jobs and livelihoods. I guess SCOTUS just couldn't find it within itself to stay the mandate until they could review its legality, or did I miss that part? The mandate accomplishes 'nothing' to control the spread of the virus. Nothing. Yet thousands are going to lose their jobs because a vindictive POS drooling, retard, stamped his Bostonians and demanded it be so. I'm not going to share what I pray everyday happens to this POS, but I do wish it would hurry up and get here.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Roberts and Kavanaugh are part of the Establishment so those two are a no-brainer as far as how they'll rule. Not sure about Barrett but she seems reluctant to go against Roberts on anything. Not Good.

I'm of the same opinion about the SC and freedom hangs in the balance. Forced injection is a line many will not cross.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The large employer mandate can't possibly be legal as we are years into the hysteria and establishing that an emergency exists would seem impossible. I have no doubt the politicians in robes will find a reason we all have to take the shot. The Chinese certainly were clever in their understanding of societies and how this pathogen would be especially corrosive to liberty.

Posts: 1982 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Its been suggested the Australians are the testing grounds for where American is headed, and Covid camps with mandatory injection are done there. That may appear to be working with them yet demonstrations are still ongoing and non stop.

In America, we've had demonstrations for decades over social justice issues and the average American would show up for a Trump rally far quicker than a protest against the SC's decisions. We may have been handed just enough hope to keep from reacting more strenuously. There is a line where we will not go, tho.

NY state has introduced legislation to allow the Governor to force the unvaxxed into concentration camps - and after the holidays it will be seen if it can even pass. That will be a significant decision and for the most part galvanize a lot of resistance if it's signed into law. When the SAFE act was passed in the night with little public review, we saw the reaction from most Sherriffs stating they will not enforce, and so far, it's pretty much killed it. A "deport the deplorables" law would likely bring an even more adventurous response.

Speculation until it happens. In the meantime, I intend to enjoy a horrible dark winter - been there done that when I was a kid, -20 below for 6 weeks the first winter our family was deployed in Germany. Big change for a kid raised in GA but we got over it. Like my first winter working and married - it snowed every Saturday for 10 weeks it seemed, get up on Monday go to work at a AAA shop jumping cars and fixing flats in fresh new snow every Monday. Monday after Monday. Pull a bottle of pop from the chest and it warmed up your hands - 42F rather than 26F outside.

We are the people who have lived horrible dark winters, threatening us with a good time seems a little bit much.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"This isn’t about the “vaccines” per se, it’s about Executive overreach. The 5th Circuit’s decision laid out the issue with crystal clarity; the 6th Circuit’s “ruling” was as an abysmal joke, the two aren’t even remotely comparable.

The OSHA “vaccine” mandate was in clear violation of OSHA’s own standards. It’s not OSHA’s job to help protect the community, its primary mission is to ensure the protection of the individual from potential harm caused by working conditions. A “working condition” is something attributable directly to the nature of a specific work area or industrial process (e.g., a spray paint booth, heavy lifting, handling hazardous materials, industrial machinery, etc.). Employees are required to don certain safety items, equipment, suits, or specialty protective clothing; none of which affects any permanent change to one’s blood chemistry or physiology.

Seasonal flu epidemics occur every year and yet OSHA established no mandate requiring all employees get the latest flu vaccine. CV19 “vaccines” have been available in quantity since early-Spring of 2021, yet OSHA saw no need to invoke a mandate back then.

OSHA regulations do not extend beyond the workplace; mandated medical procedures affect the employee outside the workplace. Forcing employees into involuntary medical procedures is not within the scope of OSHA’s mandate."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

More than 17 million healthcare workers are required by the federal government to be vaccinated by Jan. 4, 2022. Businesses with more than 100 employees also face this deadline, which impacts 84 million Americans.
Ain't that grand. SCOTUS agrees to hear this three days 'after' thousands of good people lose their jobs and livelihoods. I guess SCOTUS just couldn't find it within itself to stay the mandate until they could review its legality, or did I miss that part? The mandate accomplishes 'nothing' to control the spread of the virus. Nothing. Yet thousands are going to lose their jobs because a vindictive POS drooling, retard, stamped his Bostonians and demanded it be so. I'm not going to share what I pray everyday happens to this POS, but I do wish it would hurry up and get here.

I fear kamelatoe more than joe.

Posts: 13685 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Camel-Ho will never be President. If Jill has to scrape out her husband's insides and install animatronics, she'll do it to keep herself in the WH and a part of the puppet committee.

It's like a Dune novel for the Bidens, "The Graft must flow"

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden says he's making 500 million COVID test kits available for free but hasn't even signed a contract to buy them or set up website to order them: Johns Hopkins expert says 'that's not a plan - it's a hope'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-Omicron-spread.html

Biden accused of issuing a 'hope' rather than a plan by Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins
'If those tests came in January and February, that could have an impact, but if they are spread out over 10 to 12 months, I'm not sure what kind of impact it is going to have,' the expert said

Joe Biden has promised to deliver 500 million Covid tests but hasn't even signed a contract to buy them or set up a website so that people can place orders.

'That's not a plan - it's a hope,' Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told The New York Time.

'If those tests came in January and February, that could have an impact, but if they are spread out over 10 to 12 months, I'm not sure what kind of impact it is going to have.'

It is not even known how many tests will be immediately available or how quickly they can be shipped out to American homes, according to new projections from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

Amazon, Walgreens and CVS this week imposed limits on how many tests each customer can buy because of the surging demand.

It comes amid warnings from US experts that the virus could infect 140 million people between January and March - 60 percent of all Americans.

more at link

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden says he's making 500 million COVID test kits available for free but hasn't even signed a contract to buy them or set up website to order them: Johns Hopkins expert says 'that's not a plan - it's a hope'

Yep... everything from the government is "for free"!!
And that's how the government spends so many trillions more than it taxes, and why the dollar is becoming worthless.

-rduckwor