SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
What the fff...? Are you absolutely shitting me? This was a thing? All this time I was being mandated to wear a mask outside?

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Governor Lee (Tennessee) lifts public health orders, mask mandates can no longer be issued in most counties

I miss living in TN, I hate having a Klan loving, baby killing, Coronabro for a governor. He will never lift restrictions Frown

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And it's not just any people who can venture outside says the CDC. It's only "fully vaccinated" people.

God help us, we are surrounded by mentally ill people. Everywhere. All around us.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And it's not just any people who can venture outside says the CDC. It's only "fully vaccinated" people.

Seriously. Who in the heck was wearing masks outdoors anyway? Not sure they actually even changed the recommendation, just made it sound like a "step forward". Total BS

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The unspoken portion of this new CDC guidance and press conference is that using their standards the indoor mask mandate will never be lifted by them. Even with 100% fully vaccinated they will say it's just not safe enough. They have completely killed their credibility, which is a shame if we ever face a truly deadly pandemic.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
50,000 cases a day - big fucking whoop

how many survive?

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
50,000 cases a day - big fucking whoop

how many survive?

50,000 cases a day, and the only way to know that these people were "sick" is that they were tested. Tested in order to go to work, tested to travel, tested to go visit a family member, tested in order to perform many other every day normal activities which is the only reason why we have even this many cases. Many and probably most of these people were not tested because they felt that they were sick. In other words, these people would be completely oblivious that they were infected with the WuFlu if they weren't tested. And a good many of those positive were likely false positive.

My captain has yet to return to the ship because his covid test that we all must take prior to joining the vessel came back positive. His subsequent two tests have now come back negative. But too late. He's already missed a week of work and will likely miss at least a week more. But hey, at least he gets to be counted as one of the daily cases.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"I think what we really need to convey here is we still have 50,000 case a day, we do believe that vaccinated people are much safer when they are wearing those masks indoors."

So... WHY are vaccinated people much safer when they are wearing those masks??
So you are saying the vaccine doesn't work, then??

When asked why everyone can't remove masks outside, Biden replies, "Because the science indicates that the most certain way to make sure it doesn't spread is both people have been vaccinated, the people you are with, and outside."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
An interesting Al Jazzera piece on COVID19 in India.

Apparently things have gone from bad to terrifying there, with issues like:

(1) Inadequate supplies of medical grade oxygen in compressed gas cylinders;
(2) A huge shortage of available hospital beds; and
(3) A massive shortfall in ICU bed availability.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meanwhile, a friend of mine just told me about seeing a dude placing masks over the AC vents in his car...

I saw a guy drive off in his car after putting his groceries inside, after putting the top down on his convertible , all the while wearing his mask.

Sometimes you really just want to walk up to people and slap the stupid out of them.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 578 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in NH, this is the sign of the times...

NO Mask Mandate here, and even if there's a sign on the door that happens to say 'Mask Required' as far as I'm concerned, it must be an old sign that should've been taken down already because that's 'not a thing' anymore! Wink

I'm DONE with Masks!! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine is from India and his son is currently in residency for medical school there. I was speaking with him about the situation there and he relayed to me that, yes India is currently in a dire situation but places in India where the situation is very bad are all the extremely densely populated areas.

He explained that the large number of very poor people living in incredibly close conditions are creating an environment for viruses that cannot be defended. Areas with this type of urban density are going to create hotbeds.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Came out of the grocery store the other day and there was a dude sitting in his car while masked. And he had a face shield on too. And was wearing surgical gloves. And he was smoking. To take a puff, up went the shield and down came the mask.
Very health conscious guy! Eek
So far in the scamdemic, this observation is my clear winner in mask insanity.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
People that wear a mask alone in their car are the same people who wear a condom alone in bed.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
50,000 cases a day....
A completely meaningless metric. If the media wasn't completely in the bag for these worthless losers, they'd pound this ridiculously inept moron for why the number of cases is relevant at all.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Oh thank goodness! The CDC says that now I can go outside without a mask. Oh, wait.......I've never worn a mask outside.

Today my wife talked me into going to Walmart- no mask, and I was reminded of why I haven't been there in over a year, and I can't think of a reason to ever go there again. Then we went to Five Guys for cheese burgers that were good, but waaaay overpriced- no mask. Then I followed my wife around Ollies bargain Outlet & Hobby Lobby, for what seemed like hours- no mask.

The nearest traffic light is 25 miles from my house, and the closest Walmart, big box stores, and restaurants, etc are 35 miles away. I've gotten spoiled this past year by doing my shopping at the local hardwares, mom & pop grocery stores & restaurants, where people actually exhibit some common sense. After this trip "into town", I think I'm going to continue with helping the local economy.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Seriously. Who in the heck was wearing masks outdoors anyway?

I went to Cincinnati for a day last week and I estimate 60-70% of people were wearing masks outside. I asked a random person WTF. He said they take it seriously in Cincinnati.

Year V

Posts: 2627 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I made a delivery the other day and there was a 20-something woman tending to her garden alone while wearing a mask.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

- John Adams

posted Hide Post
I grew up with nuns. Some were incredibly athletic. You gotta be in shape to catch a rambunctious third grader.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"CDC says fully vaccinated Americans no longer need to wear masks outdoors"

Priceless

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post