SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of an old hot rod shirt, "injection is nice but I'd rather be blown."

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This "African strain" nonsense is proof that this plandemic is going to be a never ending cycle of filching money from tax coffers into big pharma and public officials pockets. Not to mention the continued mask control of the sheeple.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now China is actually admitting that their Sinovac is 50% effective, after usage in other countries like Brazil has confirmed it.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/11/...fectivness-official/

Very surprising they are owning up to it instead of denying it, or blaming the other countries for improper transportation/storage/use.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
When the antarctic strain hits, then I'll start to worry.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death.

I have never agreed with mask mandates and agree that cloth facemasks are close to useless in stopping Covid, BUT this conclusion is utter nonsense. If it were true, you'd have a whole lot of very disoriented, sick and chronically ill surgeons and dentists in the country.
Really? I live next door to a trauma nurse and up the street from a cardiologist and a endocrinologist and all of them peel and discard their masks immediately upon existing a hospital room. Additionally, these folks are predisposed to the reality of mask wear in everyday life, so they can hardly be compared to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that's being asked to mask up 24/7. There absolutely are impacts to this ridiculous mask mandates. What they end up being specifically, we'll know in a few years.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
As I’ve mentioned before, only a couple of non-respirator masks are effective is stopping the spread of Covid, and only then when they are properly fitted. Most people would find if they did an actual fit test that they are not properly fitted and allow failing levels of unfiltered air to pass around the barrier. Cloth and garbage Chinese masks from Walmart are indeed next to worthless.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

And if you don’t post selfies of you getting your DNA changed, your are a selfish racist.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
So Phizer is claiming the injection is 100% effective in children 12-15 years of age?

Do they have clinical test results from this age group?

How do they know this?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:Really? I live next door to a trauma nurse and up the street from a cardiologist and a endocrinologist and all of them peel and discard their masks immediately upon existing a hospital room. Additionally, these folks are predisposed to the reality of mask wear in everyday life, so they can hardly be compared to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that's being asked to mask up 24/7. There absolutely are impacts to this ridiculous mask mandates. What they end up being specifically, we'll know in a few years.

Yes, really. I've been a dentist since 1990. I can guarantee you that I spend more time every week wearing a mask than the overwhelming majority of people who have been masking since Covid. When a dentist is doing a procedure or a surgeon is in the OR, they are often masked for hours at a time. Several colleagues and I have done informal tests with pulse oximeters while wearing N95 masks for several hours straight. No effect whatsoever on O2 saturation. I know the meters aren't perfectly accurate, but they could sure as heck detect a level of hypoxia that would be harmful.

Again, mask mandates are stupid, but you aren't being poisoned by wearing one out shopping.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
]

Yes, really. I've been a dentist since 1990. I can guarantee you that I spend more time every week wearing a mask than the overwhelming majority of people who have been masking since Covid. When a dentist is doing a procedure or a surgeon is in the OR, they are often masked for hours at a time. Several colleagues and I have done informal tests with pulse oximeters while wearing N95 masks for several hours straight. No effect whatsoever on O2 saturation. I know the meters aren't perfectly accurate, but they could sure as heck detect a level of hypoxia that would be harmful.

Again, mask mandates are stupid, but you aren't being poisoned by wearing one out shopping.

MNSIG is correct... I usually only have to wear regular surgical masks in the OR but once in a blue moon we need to wear a correct ( tight) fitting N95. No they aren't particularly pleasant but no hypoxia or hypercarbia...they don't make me sick. Just saying...

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Epoch Times is reporting that 40% of US Marines surveyed are refusing the vaccine.

Good for them.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Epoch Times is reporting that 40% of US Marines surveyed are refusing the vaccine.

Good for them.

Yup. And now democrats are demanding that the vaccine be mandated for the military.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I expect we will see an explosion of similar signs soon.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^I don't give a shit if you are a private company, that is wrong and needs to be squashed PDQ by our state governments.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^I don't give a shit if you are a private company, that is wrong and needs to be squashed PDQ by our state governments.

Allentown, PA.
https://twitter.com/FaithHost1.../1381251468586532867

- John Adams

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Is St. Luke's state funded at all?

Creating new 2nd class citizens every day.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Thank you. Is St. Luke's state funded at all?

Creating new 2nd class citizens every day.

I don't know...I took a quick look at their website and didn't see right off or start digging too deep:
https://www.slhn.org/

I did note the logo on the sign did match their logo and messaged them to ask if the sign was legit. They haven't responded.

From their website:

- John Adams

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I did note the logo on the sign did match their logo and messaged them to ask if the sign was legit. They haven't responded.

Being Allentown, it wouldn't surprise me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death.

I have never agreed with mask mandates and agree that cloth facemasks are close to useless in stopping Covid, BUT this conclusion is utter nonsense. If it were true, you'd have a whole lot of very disoriented, sick and chronically ill surgeons and dentists in the country.

I missed the part where surgeons and dentists are wearing masks all day long, outside, in their car, out shopping, out at restaurants, basically all the time. Silly me, I just thought they wore it only as long as they needed to actually do something...

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I expect we will see an explosion of similar signs soon.

The fitness center/gym in my town has NEVER even require masks (for staff or clientele), let alone a vaccine! Roll Eyes

If I were a 'member' they're DEFINITELY be fielding some questions from me...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post