SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

The editors are not in the habit of publishing garbage.

Well, I just read a piece on the previous page that seems to suggest otherwise.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
IF you read that Lancet piece and don't walk away shaking your head, then you've seriously lost the plot.

Mood disorders... Anxiety... about COVID-19!!!

Who would have guessed???

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Didn't I just remind you of your manners?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^
Perhaps you should submit a carefully crafted letter to the editors of the Lancet. Your considered opinion as a merchant marine will be eagerly anticipated.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I no longer trust anyone on this subject. They can peer review until the cows come home. I'm not listening. I'm certain this seems irrational to many of you, but this is what happens when you lie to people enough, and I reached that threshold months ago.

^^^^^^^^
Thank you for your opinion. I certainly understand your point of view. I appreciate your response which was polite and respectful. I have not missed a day of work although it has been difficult due to governmental restrictions.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NY Rewards Illegal Aliens With COVID Relief Checks 10 Times Amount Given To American Citizens

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...en-american-citizens

The State of New York has passed a new budget with major tax increases that will only drive more business from the declining state. It is also carving out billions to cut one-time checks for illegal immigrants who lost work due to the state’s lockdowns. The size of the checks? Over ten times that given to Americans in the last round of stimulus sent out by the Biden administration.

The bill includes $2.1 billion fund to provide “one-time payments for undocumented workers who did not qualify for federal stimulus checks or unemployment benefits,” the New York Times reported, “according to budget highlights released by the governor’s office.”

“New York will now offer one-time payments of up to $15,600 to undocumented immigrants who lost work during the pandemic,” the report continued.

“The effort - a $2.1 billion fund in the state budget - is by far the biggest of its kind in the country and a sign of the state’s shift toward policies championed by progressive Democrats.”

The last round of “stimulus” payments sent to under the Biden administration’s plan began to be issued on Friday.

“That brings the total disbursed payments from the latest stimulus package to more than 156 million payments, worth about $372 billion,” reported USA Today.

“The payments, which total up to $1,400 each per individual, were distributed mostly by direct deposits and paper checks.”

New York rewarding illegal immigrants with massive one-time payments comes amidst a surge in illegal migrants that has the Biden administration taking flak from all sides. While Biden now tries to deflect from his record by telling prospective illegal migrants such things as “don’t come” to America, his lip service only serves to underscore that the president knows his administration’s policies are harmful to America.

“The president campaigned on easing immigration controls, including a moratorium on deportations, an end to former President Donald Trump’s ‘wait in Mexico’ policy for asylum-seekers and halting construction of the border wall,” an NBC opinion piece noted in March.

“That platform gave migrants good reason to believe it would be easier to get into the United States if he were elected.”

Biden has also begun building parts of the southern border wall begun under President Trump, drawing fire from radical critics. Meanwhile, New York state is handing out $15,600 checks to anyone from around the world who can make it into the state illegally — but not to American citizens whose livelihoods were decimated or destroyed by the governor’s reckless and unlawful lockdown policies.

The $15,600 checks being cut for illegal aliens while millions of Americans are struggling is the latest sign that the Democratic Party’s policies are a recipe for social discord and budgetary disaster.

The Big Apple is collapsing and surreal policies like the ones just passed in Albany is a primary reason why. The state is run by a governor whose corrupt administration hid thousands of nursing home deaths from the public and who has been credibly accused of sexual harassment by multiple aides. Meanwhile, the state’s draconian and arbitrary lockdowns have crippled small businesses, shuttering hundreds of them permanently. It has gotten so bad that many New Yorkers are throwing in the towel on the disastrously managed state.

Last year, tens of thousands of the richest New Yorkers fled the state - as many as 70,000, according to a Unacast report cited by Reuters. The spendthrift measures passed by Albany have set the state on a course for budgetary implosion and another round of blue state “bailouts” from the Biden administration.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Living in a welfare state. Sounds delightful.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
NY Rewards Illegal Aliens With COVID Relief Checks 10 Times Amount Given To American Citizens
Cool. I'ma identify as an undocumented worker and move to The Apple.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The Lancet had articles related to COVID retracted in the past year due to blatant inaccuracies. This PhD has news for those on this forum using scientific journals as evidence, thinking they’re incorruptible: MOST professionals in the Life Sciences are raging liberals, easily 90% of my colleagues and many hated Trump for diminishing NIH’s budget. They’re defending stances that simply don’t hold water and yes, I believe journals are now biasing their article selections. It’s laughable someone thinks that peer reviewed committees can’t be grossly influenced.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^
Perhaps you should submit a carefully crafted letter to the editors of the Lancet. Your considered opinion as a merchant marine will be eagerly anticipated.

I apologize for being flippant. I was attacking the article and not you. Admittedly, my cynicism towards all things covid and medical experts is now anchored deep in bedrock. Irrational or no, there it is, and there it will stay.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Thank you.

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At the very least, Fauci should be stripped of all credentials and banished from public life. What really needs to happen, though, is a long jail sentence. Ten years oughta do it. He can have it cushy in a Club Fed somewhere. I don't care, just as long as he shuts his mouth for good.

He's never going to shut up. As long as this "crisis" continues, he continues to make huge money, so he has a vested interest in keeping the fear alive as long as possible. Even when it finally does subside, he'll have book deals and movie deals and speaking engagements galore.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
The Lancet had articles related to COVID retracted in the past year due to blatant inaccuracies. This PhD has news for those on this forum using scientific journals as evidence, thinking they’re incorruptible: MOST professionals in the Life Sciences are raging liberals, easily 90% of my colleagues and many hated Trump for diminishing NIH’s budget. They’re defending stances that simply don’t hold water and yes, I believe journals are now biasing their article selections. It’s laughable someone thinks that peer reviewed committees can’t be grossly influenced.

Agreed 100%. I learned a long time ago to be very suspicious of the "peer" review process and the scientific literature in general. One must sift through reports and the data, check the stats and triangulate from multiple sources to get a sense of the "truth" these days. Even then, you may be misled on occasion.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
For all of those posting above. The Lancet will accept well reasoned rational argments that are in conflict with the journal report.

Just because a journal states it will accept contrary opinions doesn't mean squat. They don't have to publish a damn thing their editors decide is against their best interest.

Not in the habit of publishing garbage? Hmmm...
https://www.theguardian.com/co...ow-could-this-happen

At least with Covid, with so many eyes on the pandemic, they were quickly caught with their pants down politicizing translational research. It took Lancet twelve years(!) to retract their publication and stance that vaccinations caused Autism. Fucking disgraceful if you ask me.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
China govt official:

"The US bio-military activities are not transparent, safe or justified. In Ukraine alone, the US has set up 16 bio-labs. Why does the US need so many labs all over the world? What activities are carried out in those labs, including the one in Fort Detrick?"

Fort Detrick, Maryland

Chuck Ross:

China started pushing that conspiracy theory in response to suspicions about the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which is just a few miles from the epicenter of the outbreak (Fort Detrick is 7,500 miles away)

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is among the world's oldest and best-known general medical journals. It was founded in 1823 by Thomas Wakley, an English surgeon who named it after the surgical instrument called a lancet.

I no longer trust anyone on this subject. They can peer review until the cows come home. I'm not listening. I'm certain this seems irrational to many of you, but this is what happens when you lie to people enough, and I reached that threshold months ago.

Look at what's been done to the world in the name of "safety". They have fucked up the lives of tens of millions of Americans.

Institutions from top to bottom in this country have been corrupted from within. They have no one to blame but themselves for their lack of credibility.

The Centers for DISEASE Control is announcing how they are going to waste tax payer dollars studying RACISM during a worldwide pandemic.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/rele...8-racism-health.html

I'm to the point now where when any governmental agency announces something I automatically assume that the exact opposite of what they are saying is the actual truth until conclusively proven otherwise by my own investigation.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Hard to understand how the 'experts' maintain their status. This country was failed terribly by our 'experts, who literally couldn't come up with anything better than parroting the actions taken by the Chinese and other slave countries. The even greater tragedy is that Americans have accepted this insane manufactured crisis as a reality. ,

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Robert Kennedy Jr explains EXACTLY WHY Fauci and the media are crushing Covid Treatments like Ivermectin.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch...EEMQ57eiP5c2E6w.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Any parent giving their child this vaccine should have some damned sense beaten into them with an aluminum baseball bat.

Pfizer asks FDA to approve emergency use of COVID vaccine for kids 12 to 15

Pfizer on Friday requested that the Food and Drug Administration approve the emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 12 to 15, according to the company.

The pharmaceutical firm, and its counterpart BioNTech, wants the agency to greenlight the jabs for older kids based on data showing the vaccine is 100 percent effective in the age group, according to a press release from the firm.

“These requests are based on data from the pivotal Phase 3 trial in adolescents 12 to 15 years of age with or without prior evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection, which demonstrated 100 percent efficacy and robust antibody response after vaccination with the COVID-19 Vaccine,” the press release states.

Yeah, no shit. Roll Eyes Children have practically zero risk from this virus as it is. Are these people serious?

“These submissions represent a critical step in Pfizer’s and BioNTech’s ongoing efforts to support governments in broadening global vaccination efforts.”

If the FDA approves, doses of the vaccine could become available in less than a month — raising hopes that kids will receive the shots in time for the next school year.

In December, the FDA approved the emergency use of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for adults, clearing the way for a first wave of jabs in the US.

Pfizer last month announced that the vaccine is 100 percent effective in children 12 to 15 and that side effects are “well tolerated” by the age group.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/09/...campaign=android_nyp

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Any parent giving their child this vaccine should have some damned sense beaten into them with an aluminum baseball bat.

Pfizer asks FDA to approve emergency use of COVID vaccine for kids 12 to 15

Pfizer on Friday requested that the Food and Drug Administration approve the emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 12 to 15, according to the company.

The pharmaceutical firm, and its counterpart BioNTech, wants the agency to greenlight the jabs for older kids based on data showing the vaccine is 100 percent effective in the age group, according to a press release from the firm.

“These requests are based on data from the pivotal Phase 3 trial in adolescents 12 to 15 years of age with or without prior evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection, which demonstrated 100 percent efficacy and robust antibody response after vaccination with the COVID-19 Vaccine,” the press release states.

Yeah, no shit. Roll Eyes Children have practically zero risk from this virus as it is. Are these people serious?

“These submissions represent a critical step in Pfizer’s and BioNTech’s ongoing efforts to support governments in broadening global vaccination efforts.”

If the FDA approves, doses of the vaccine could become available in less than a month — raising hopes that kids will receive the shots in time for the next school year.

In December, the FDA approved the emergency use of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for adults, clearing the way for a first wave of jabs in the US.

Pfizer last month announced that the vaccine is 100 percent effective in children 12 to 15 and that side effects are “well tolerated” by the age group.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/09/...campaign=android_nyp

At this point, they are just trying to sell more of their product. They realize that in a couple of months, every adult in the US who wants to get the vaccine will have it, and after that, the days of the US government throwing billions of dollars at them every month will dry up. Screw that.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post