SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Volcano eruption on island of St. Vincent. Haven't got your vaccine? You can just burn to death.

https://twitter.com/DrewHLive/.../1380907494252290049

Link to article:
https://cruiseradio.net/cruise...cent-volcano-rescue/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
^^What the...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ummm... Why not put vaccinated ones on one ship and un vaxed on a different one?

I hate people.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jus' chillin' with friends, takin' in the show...

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Umm, I thought the whole point of the vaccine was that it provided IMMUNITY! If that's the case, then they'd be safe on ships with people that were actually infected w/ COVID, right... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
2nd class citizens...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The absurdity of all this is sublime. It needs to (and it will) continue to get more and more crazy and invasive so we can reach a point where people can take no more.

What really needs to happen is a lot of people- a whole lot- need to go to jail. At all levels of government, from the top, right down to petty local bureaucrats, and almost all members of the American "news media"- lots and lots of people need to go to jail for a few years and a select few of them should not see 2022. Short of that, they're just going to keep grinding their boot heel into us. People should be angry and they should be pushing back against all this jackassery, but they're aren't enough voices to have any effect. They've got the stupid and the gullible in their control and that's enough.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Including my own kids Red Face so embarrassed here.

We need a very catchy phrase, symbol maybe. Maybe Braveheart yelling Freeeedooommm!!!

Maybe not, but I'd love to see more of the country think and then speak out. I've done so at the expense of my children's respect, and many friends. I'm glad to do it, and it IS for them, they just don't know it yet.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Went out for dinner tonight with my wife to a local gastropub type place that appears to have told Pennsylvania’s King Wolf to stick his 50-75% restaurant capacity limit edicts up his kingly white ass. Place is full, every table in the place is occupied. I love it! Living life as we should. Cool

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Short of that, they're just going to keep grinding their boot heel into us. People should be angry and they should be pushing back against all this jackassery, but they're aren't enough voices to have any effect. They've got the stupid and the gullible in their control...

A Rebel With a Cause, The Battle of Tinhorn Flats

Friend of the Treehouse, Peter Duke, introduced me to this story and it is blood-boiling, yet awesome.

A young man named Lucas Lepejian is in a battle with Burbank authorities who are trying to run him out of business. Lucas is the 20-year-old son of Baret Lepejian the proprietor of a long-standing western-themed restaurant called Tinhorn Flats; a well known place to dine in Burbank, California.

Local authorities have attempted to shut down Tinhorn Flats repeatedly. Each time Lucas defies the orders and reopens.

Lucas has been arrested three times in defiance of the ridiculous COVID shutdown.

The issue now is personal, the authorities are intent on destroying his business… Lucas, and a small battalion of supporters, remain defiant.

TIMELINE & DETAILS: Tinhorn Flats is the oldest bar in Burbank. In March of 2020 they shut down in compliance with state guidelines. They reopened in November 2020, and when the second lockdown was announced their defiance began.

Burbank authorities first cited and fined Tinhorn Flats. Lucas refused to pay and stayed open. Burbank authorities cut their utilities. Lucas brought in generators and stayed open. Burbank authorities Red tagged his restaurant and locked the doors. Lucas cut the locks and reopened. Burbank authorities boarded up the doors and ‘red tagged’ again as unsafe. Lucas sawed off the boards and reopened his business. Burbank police then arrested Lucas. Lucas made bail and was released.

Regular protests then began to support Lucas. Burbank authorities came back and replaced the boards (thicker w/ security nails). Lucas sawed off those boards and reopened business. Burbank police then arrested Lucas the second time. Lucas made bail and was released. Burbank authorities again replaced the boards on the doors and added sand bags; (police later announced that anyone moving a sandbag would be arrested). Lucas removed the sandbags. Lucas was arrested, made bail and was released.

Today the city of Burbank installed fences around the property…. the battle continues.

https://theconservativetreehou...le-of-tinhorn-flats/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the National Center for Biotechnology Information -

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis

Excerpts -

Abstract
Many countries across the globe utilized medical and non-medical facemasks as non-pharmaceutical intervention for reducing the transmission and infectivity of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Although, scientific evidence supporting facemasks’ efficacy is lacking, adverse physiological, psychological and health effects are established. Is has been hypothesized that facemasks have compromised safety and efficacy profile and should be avoided from use. The current article comprehensively summarizes scientific evidences with respect to wearing facemasks in the COVID-19 era, providing prosper information for public health and decisions making.

Efficacy of facemasks
The physical properties of medical and non-medical facemasks suggest that facemasks are ineffective to block viral particles due to their difference in scales [16], [17], [25].

Physiological effects of wearing facemasks
Wearing facemask mechanically restricts breathing by increasing the resistance of air movement during both inhalation and exhalation process [12], [13]. Although, intermittent (several times a week) and repetitive (10–15 breaths for 2–4 sets) increase in respiration resistance may be adaptive for strengthening respiratory muscles [33], [34], prolonged and continues effect of wearing facemask is maladaptive and could be detrimental for health [11], [12], [13]

Table 1
Physiological and Psychological Effects of Wearing Facemask and Their Potential Health Consequences.

Physiological Effects -

• Hypoxemia
• Hypercapnia
• Shortness of breath
• Increase lactate concentration
• Decline in pH levels
• Acidosis
• Toxicity
• Inflammation
• Self-contamination
• Increase in stress hormones level (adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol)
• Increased muscle tension
• Immunosuppression

Psychological Effects -

• Activation of “fight or flight” stress response
• Chronic stress condition
• Fear
• Mood disturbances
• Insomnia
• Fatigue
• Compromised cognitive performance

Health Consequences -

• Increased predisposition for viral and infection illnesses
• Headaches
• Anxiety
• Depression
• Hypertension
• Cardiovascular disease
• Cancer
• Diabetes
• Alzheimer disease
• Exacerbation of existing conditions and diseases
• Accelerated aging process
• Health deterioration
• Premature mortality

Long-Term health consequences of wearing facemasks
Long-term practice of wearing facemasks has strong potential for devastating health consequences. Prolonged hypoxic-hypercapnic state compromises normal physiological and psychological balance, deteriorating health and promotes the developing and progression of existing chronic diseases [23], [38], [39], [43], [47], [48], [57], [11], [12], [13].

Conclusion
The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.

Oh, never mind all that, but please remind again who the remaining Bachelorette's are.

ETA, another article in the same source challenging but not discrediting some of the assertions in the study above. . .

Exercising and face masks: An important hypothesis buried in a selective review

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing where the first Moderna or Pfizer shot is nearly as effective as having both injections.

Anyone decide to forego the second shot?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Seeing? Where?

Just do a search and weed things out for yourself. Smile
Here are some sites discussing this
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=firs...3F&atb=v255-1&ia=web

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Cute...Any reputable sources?

Seriously, If one was convinced that they REALLY needed to get the vaccine, why on earth would they skip the second shot? We've all been told it's safe, and that it's a two shot series of injections in order to be protected (Immune?) from from COVID?

ETA - Oops, Screwed up editing my previous post, so now it's gone...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Cute...Any reputable sources?

I didn't say anything about reputable.... I just said I had been seeing reports of studies, etc. indicating the first shot is almost as effective has having both shots. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death.

I have never agreed with mask mandates and agree that cloth facemasks are close to useless in stopping Covid, BUT this conclusion is utter nonsense. If it were true, you'd have a whole lot of very disoriented, sick and chronically ill surgeons and dentists in the country.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Phizer is claiming the injection is 100% effective in children 12-15 years of age?

Do they have clinical test results from this age group?

How do they know this?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never agreed with mask mandates and agree that cloth facemasks are close to useless in stopping Covid, BUT this conclusion is utter nonsense. If it were true, you'd have a whole lot of very disoriented, sick and chronically ill surgeons and dentists in the country.

I don't know how they do it, I can't stand it for more than 10 minutes at a time with just a regular one.
I've been wearing masks and such for most of my working life so it's nothing new to me.
I have to use one with a valve if I'm going to be wearing it for any length of time.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to get your mask vaccinated.

Oh, sure, the Pfizer is good, but I favor the Costanza...