SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
[moronic ranting edited for brevity]
STFU already...you're a God damn joke.

That shit was completely uncalled for.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Again, mask mandates are stupid, but you aren't being poisoned by wearing one out shopping.
Never suggested anyone was being poisoned via wearing a mask, but given what is being used for masks today (i.e. not N95 or similar) you cannot tell me that inhalation through a piece of t-shirt you've worn for two weeks straight without washing is not imparting some negative impacts to your respiratory system. No one will know for sure what the fallout of this nonsense will for a few years yet when the data can be properly tabulated and researched.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I expect we will see an explosion of similar signs soon.

And I'd expect to see a raft of lawsuits filed shortly thereafter.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I'm guessing air travel will require it as well.
Wait a minute. I thought requiring ID was...racist. Hmmmmm.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Again, mask mandates are stupid, but you aren't being poisoned by wearing one out shopping.
Never suggested anyone was being poisoned via wearing a mask, but given what is being used for masks today (i.e. not N95 or similar) you cannot tell me that inhalation through a piece of t-shirt you've worn for two weeks straight without washing is not imparting some negative impacts to your respiratory system. No one will know for sure what the fallout of this nonsense will for a few years yet when the data can be properly tabulated and researched.

If someone is wearing a T-shirt or cloth mask or gaiter, and not washing it periodically, that’s entirely on them. That’s simply basic hygiene. People have the choice to use the disposable surgical type masks that people in the medical field have worn for decades without any long term respiratory issues. Don’t want to wear a mask, fine. But fantastical stories about how people who wear masks are going to have unspecified health problems are tinfoil hat stuff and mostly used for people to just rationalize to themselves their decision to not wear a mask.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
rationalize to themselves their decision to not wear a mask.

My rationalization is that cloth face coverings do not stop viral transmission.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don't wear a mask...and I still have my dignity intact

mask wearers seem to be increasing here in Tucson...must be something in the water

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny that someone mentioned dignity. That's been one of the main reasons for me to not wear that stupid mask. I refuse to willingly let them make a fool out of me by playing this dumbass game.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here Michigan goes again. Whitmer can bring back the whip and black face mask.

CDC Director Warns Michigan 'to Close Things Down'

https://www.newsmax.com/us/cdc...21/04/12/id/1017321/

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Monday that Michigan should “close things down” as COVID-19 cases rise in the state, Axios reports.

Walensky, speaking at a press briefing, called on Michigan officials “to close things down” after the state’s average daily case count rose dramatically in the last several weeks.

"The answer” to rising case numbers “is to really close things down, to go back to our basics, to go back to where we were last spring, last summer ... to flatten the curve, to decrease contact with one another, to test to the extent that we have available, to contact trace,” Walensky said on the conference call, according to CNBC.

“There are different tools that we can use for different periods” during an outbreak, she said. “We know that if vaccines go in arms today, we will not see an effect of those vaccines, depending on the vaccine, for somewhere between two to six weeks.”

Walensky added, “So when you have an acute situation, extraordinary number of cases like we have in Michigan, the answer is not necessarily to give vaccine. In fact, we know that the vaccine will have a delayed response.

“Similarly, we need that vaccine in other places,” Walensky said. “If we vaccinate today, we will have impact in six weeks, and we don’t know where the next place is going to be that is going to surge.”

She warned that it’s essential for Michigan to start shutting down, noting that "if we tried to vaccinate our way out of what is happening in Michigan, we would be disappointed that it took so long for the vaccine to work, to actually have the impact.”

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
.... for people to just rationalize to themselves their decision to not wear a mask.

No one needs to rationalize to himself not to wear a mask. This is beyond absurd. It's the exact opposite in fact. A nation of young, healthy people wearing a mask to pointlessly try and stop a virus from infecting them that has an over 99.97% survival rate for most of these people wearing these silly face coverings is so beyond the realm of ridiculousness that I find it difficult to even comprehend that I'm actually living amongst these people on a daily basis.

We tend to look back on human civilizations in the past with disdain at how backwards and unsophisticated those people were (burning "witches" at the stake, the Spanish Inquisition, gods and goddesses, slavery, superstition), but yet here we are...Arguably one of the most embarrassingly, silly moments ever in human existence with the way people have reacted to this impotent pandemic. We should all be ashamed with how the world has responded this past year. We deserve the scorn of future, hopefully better people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our numbers are down with no mask mandate. Gov. Reeves scores it Neanderthal =1, Biden=0

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I don't wear a mask and I have not been vaccinated. The local shopping centers all have mask required signs on the door but I would say it's about 50/50 for the mask wearers once you go inside. That ratio seems to be the case for some time now.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Most disposable masks are made in China or are made from materials made in China. Think about that. What kinds of fibers are these things shedding with every breath a person takes?

I'd rather breathe through a rag soaked in two weeks of sweat than through anything coming out of the PRC.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think about that. What kinds of fibers are these things shedding with every breath a person takes?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada...s-daycares-1.5966387

quote:
One model of mask distributed to Quebec schools and daycares may be dangerous for the lungs as they could contain a potentially toxic material, according to a directive sent out by the provincial government on Friday.

Radio-Canada has obtained documents showing Health Canada warned of the potential for "early pulmonary toxicity" from the SNN200642 masks which are made in China and sold and distributed by Métallifer, a Quebec-based manufacturer.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I want to post something witty.

I'll get back to you.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Here comes the microchipping....

https://www.oann.com/darpa-unv...rveillance-purposes/

The Pentagon unveiled a coronavirus microchip that it claims can detect illness and prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“The tiny green thing in there, you put it underneath your skin and what that tells you is that there are chemical reactions going on inside the body. And that signal means you’re going to have symptoms tomorrow,” retired Col. Matt Hepburn, an army infectious disease physician said.

The implant was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, which claimed the device can not be used for surveillance purposes.
However, the idea to microchip humans due to COVID-19 appears to prove so-called “conspiracy theorists” were right all along.

Hepburn compared the microchip to a check engine light.

“We can have that information in three to five minutes. As you truncate that time, as you diagnose and treat, what you do is you stop the infection in its tracks,” Hepburn explained.

DARPA claimed COVID microchipping would only be used in the military, and there’s no plans for a civilian use of the device.

Critics have said the Democrat Party could mandate such microchipping on a broader scale.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chip my sack so I can lay my balls on your card reader.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Here Michigan goes again. Whitmer can bring back the whip and black face mask.

CDC Director Warns Michigan 'to Close Things Down'

https://www.newsmax.com/us/cdc...21/04/12/id/1017321/

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Monday that Michigan should “close things down” as COVID-19 cases rise in the state, Axios reports.

Walensky, speaking at a press briefing, called on Michigan officials “to close things down” after the state’s average daily case count rose dramatically in the last several weeks.

"The answer” to rising case numbers “is to really close things down, to go back to our basics, to go back to where we were last spring, last summer ... to flatten the curve, to decrease contact with one another, to test to the extent that we have available, to contact trace,” Walensky said on the conference call, according to CNBC.

“There are different tools that we can use for different periods” during an outbreak, she said. “We know that if vaccines go in arms today, we will not see an effect of those vaccines, depending on the vaccine, for somewhere between two to six weeks.”

Walensky added, “So when you have an acute situation, extraordinary number of cases like we have in Michigan, the answer is not necessarily to give vaccine. In fact, we know that the vaccine will have a delayed response.

“Similarly, we need that vaccine in other places,” Walensky said. “If we vaccinate today, we will have impact in six weeks, and we don’t know where the next place is going to be that is going to surge.”

She warned that it’s essential for Michigan to start shutting down, noting that "if we tried to vaccinate our way out of what is happening in Michigan, we would be disappointed that it took so long for the vaccine to work, to actually have the impact.”
The monumental amount of stupidity in these comments is astounding for a person that is supposed to be 'educated'. Again, returning to where we were a few months ago, the data point of new 'cases' means exactly nothing. Example. If 10k people tested positive and all 10k were asymptomatic, would that really be an issue? And what is the condition of the hospitals across Michigan in terms of capacity? Once again, these are the morons giving orders, hence the reason why I have nothing but utter contempt for them. When I was a senior analyst many moons ago, I would have been summarily fired if I provided this sort of crap analysis. This country is doomed if we continue to allow these sorts of people to continue to exert control over us.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Chip my sack so I can lay my balls on your card reader.
Big Grin