SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
As little as Fauci has been correct, I’d really hate to think he’s still seeing patients.

This. The guy has contradicted himself more times than I can remember. And we’re paying this guy. You can’t make this up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvy56WDbWas

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PowerSurge,

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Fauci is garbage. He is the very definition of "FUMO"- Fuck Up, Move Up. He is a tin pot authoritarian with delusions of grandeur. In his world he yells 'Jump!' and he giggles when people ask how high. Pure trash. Should have been fired months ago.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together dosen't listen to a word he says.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hey, you guys who have refused to wear a mask so far are about to fall even further behind...Falsi says you need to start wearing 2 masks now. If one mask is good, two is even better!

I've got a better idea - take a couple of garbage bags and wrap them around your head and tie them really tight. No virus will penetrate or escape...Voila, I've solved the pandemic!! Falsi is going to steal my idea.

Dr. Fauci: Double-masking makes ‘common sense’ and is likely more effective

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hey, you guys who have refused to wear a mask so far are about to fall even further behind...Falsi says you need to start wearing 2 masks now. If one mask is good, two is even better!

I've got a better idea - take a couple of garbage bags and wrap them around your head and tie them really tight. No virus will penetrate or escape...Voila, I've solved the pandemic!! Falsi is going to steal my idea.

Dr. Fauci: Double-masking makes ‘common sense’ and is likely more effective

WOW - I really thought you were joking for a second. I am off to bang my head against the wall.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/tr...who-only-double-mask

U.S.—Health experts are now recommending that people double mask -- place a second mask over the first mask -- to better protect themselves from the virus, or maybe to protect others from themselves possibly having the virus (it’s still kind of unclear). Many are denouncing this recommendation, especially triple-maskers, who find it wholly inadequate.

“I guess I’d only double mask if I didn’t really care about not killing grandma,” said the extremely muffled Mark Carlson, who was wearing three masks at once. “But I have three masks on because there’s an ongoing pandemic and I care.”

Triple-maskers point out that three masks are 50% more effective than two masks. “If the virus somehow makes it past two masks, then we’re all done for,” said Karen Walker, although her exact words were unclear as it was kind of hard to hear her through three masks. “But not if you have a third mask. The virus wasn’t expecting that.”

“Really, I can’t see any reason to wear only two masks unless you’re some kind of misanthrope who wants to see everyone die,” she added.

Not everyone is on board with three masks, though, especially quadruple-maskers, who find three masks to be inadequate -- but most of them have suffocated to death.

Big Grin

Posts: 158 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Why Stop at just two? Why not three? Or four?
The sky's the limit!

I bet two masks plus a Burka would be just perfect.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16634 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Falsi says you need to start wearing 2 masks now. If one mask is good, two is even better!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31387 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every now and then Fauci comes out and gives some dumb ass recommendation to make it look like he’s doing something. I bet he’s laughing his old ass off about this latest one. It really does make sense though, when you’re doing something stupid and ineffective just double down and be stupid twice as hard.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3630 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Why Stop at just two? Why not three? Or four?
The sky's the limit!
How long ya think it will take before Fauci, or one of the other bogus experts, tells us all we have to wear one of these not to kill others? And at this point, I'm only half joking. This BS panic pron nonsense is completely out of control.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Every now and then Fauci comes out and gives some dumb ass recommendation to make it look like he’s doing something. I bet he’s laughing his old ass off about this latest one. It really does make sense though, when you’re doing something stupid and ineffective just double down and be stupid twice as hard.
Honest question. If Fauci came out and suggested that wiping fresh dog crap across your face was a sure fire way to prevent the spread of Covid, how many people do you think you'd see walking around with dog crap on their faces? My bet a whole bunch of people. Yes, IMO its actually gotten that bad with the sheep we share this country with.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Honest question. If Fauci came out and suggested that wiping fresh dog crap across your face was a sure fire way to prevent the spread of Covid, how many people do you think you'd see walking around with dog crap on their faces? My bet a whole bunch of people. Yes, IMO its actually gotten that bad with the sheep we share this country with.[QUOTE]

My Labrador and I would be in business. Dog Crap infused face masked! And to think I've been throwing money away all this time! Wink

-TVz

Posts: 435 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Honest question. If Fauci came out and suggested that wiping fresh dog crap across your face was a sure fire way to prevent the spread of Covid, how many people do you think you'd see walking around with dog crap on their faces? My bet a whole bunch of people. Yes, IMO its actually gotten that bad with the sheep we share this country with.

I've been saying that for 6 months already. The few times I actually get in a conversation and it meanders into this topic of mask wearing, I ask that question of smearing dog poo and they look at me with a blank look like "Why wouldn't I do that, if the "experts" say its what we should do!!!"

Just because gov't officials and experts tell us to do something, doesn't mean we can't ask questions and expect rational answers in return. Some people just can't understand that.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 583 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if your wearing a mask and you can smell a smoke particle or an odor through it, how large is that particle compared with the flu bug

if it can't stop a smoke particle, how's it going to stop the flu bug?

masks are worthless, and have been since Day 1

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

masks are worthless, and have been since Day 1

Well, that's why you need to wear two. Duh. After all, it's just common sense says Fauci.

Hmmm, although if it's common sense to wear two like he says, how come he didn't tell us that 10 months ago? Oh that's right, because back then Fauci was telling the public that it makes no sense at all for everyone to be walking around in masks. There would be unintended consequences he said. Wow, now I'm really confused. Or perhaps Fauci is the one who is confused.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30905 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If 2 masks are better, why not 3, or 4? Or wear 5 and you can suffocate and your Wu-Flu fears will be erased forever. How about a NASA astronaut helmet and suit? That has to be better than any mask?
(some of this was borrowed from the Babylon Bee)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Hope all is this well once you get to your winter season.

For myself, family and friends, this may hold true.
Many take the flu jab in March/April, which for most, implies a 6 month protection precaution.

And what now, I ponder?

(source: www.abc.net.au)
When will I get the vaccine?

(this will be the "cold chain storage" of the Pfizer vaccine, which has to be kept at -70 degrees Celsius. Still to be approved by Aussie Health.)

Expected to start a rollout from Febuary 2021.

Phase 1a (estimated) 678,000 people, includes quarantine and border workers, frontline health workers, and aged care and disability staff and residents.

Phase 1b this phase is expected to cover 6.1 million people including anyone over 70 years old, other healthcare workers, younger adults with an underlying condition and high-risk workers like emergency services personnel and meat processing workers. It also includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are over 55.

Phase 2a covers Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are between 18-54, along with Australians over 50 years old and other critical high-risk workers.
(note: this would be where I might be queuing up - I travel, and would be a needed 'passport'. Still asking myself that question about wants and needs.)

Phase 2b is the rest of the adult population, plus anyone from the previous phases that have been missed out.

Phase 3, the final phase, will be for children but only "if recommended" given the evidence that they don't transmit the disease like adults.

The first round of the vaccine will be available at 30-50 hospital sites, known as "hospital hubs" in both metro and regional areas of the country. Then expanded to some 1,000 places, including GP's, vaccination clinics ...

source: www.abc.net.au

Interesting?
Intriguing?

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Falsi says you need to start wearing 2 masks now. If one mask is good, two is even better!

Fauxci is such a moron. Of the 3 people that I know that have tested positive, all were 100% mask wearers. One of them wore 2 masks and a plastic face shield 100% of the time and still caught the Wu Flu. I'd like Fauxci explain that one! Most of us already know the answer, but I'd really like to hear what kind of spinster bullshit he tried to come up with just so I could call him a fuckwit to his face.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:

So if I wear two condoms then I'm double-plus-good protected from the clap?

Groovy.

Posts: 1622 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
$13,000 for Doctors from Medicare for every patient they diagnose with Covid-19.

$13,000 for Hospitals for every Covid-19 admission.

$39,000 for Hospitals if the patient is placed on a ventilator.

It's not hard to see why so many Doctors and Hospitals are playing along.

Source:
https://brandnewtube.com/watch...4qsTtIgcDnGWqRc.html

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4864 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post