SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
No I am not shitting you. This just does not relate to the virus but everything. From what I have seen most folks don't put money aside for emergencies, or retirement. When I was broke I was glad I put away some money. It kept me from being out on the streets.
People did not learn from the previous lock down to stock up on essential items. Does not cost that much to get some extra items. You should always have a plan and then have a back up plan to that plan. That is what years in EMS and the military taught me.

Working in health care we saw another lock down coming from a mile away. We planned for it at home and then our hospital system created a plan. I am seeing some the after effects of COVID. It might not kill you but it can mess you up pretty bad and we are seeing more folks having worse symptoms than we did back in early months. The most common thing we are seeing is folks developing lung issues that are going to stick with them forever. Having a kid who is high risk with lung issues makes me more cautious than others.

I have written all my city counsel members, senate reps and governor multiple times. I keep getting the same canned results every time. I also don't trust the CDC because they keep flip flopping on things since the start. We will probably never know the true numbers which is sad.

It is also horrible that the younger generation expect to be taken care of b/c they were coddle by their parents and now that mentally has spread to the workplace and politics. I do agree with you that we are doomed if we can't pull our head out of our ass and toughen up.

quote:
Plan better? That's what you're complaining about? You're shitting me, right? There is no need to plan. All of you should be telling your governor, mayors, etc that you are not going to play their retarded games anymore. But instead, the little cowering sheep are falling nicely in line and running to the stores to clean them out, all for a virus that the CDC has reported will be fatal in less than 1% of the cases. This country is completely doomed if it doesn't pull its head out of its ass and grow up. Americans live on their feet, not their knees, or at least they used to.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by bonfire:
Went to business Costco this morning and the line was around the entire store. All I needed was my french toast strips and gas. Needless to say I just got the gas. I still can't believe folks did plan from the crap show back in March. I need to stop having hope that folks will learn and plan better.
Plan better? That's what you're complaining about? You're shitting me, right? There is no need to plan. All of you should be telling your governor, mayors, etc that you are not going to play their retarded games anymore. But instead, the little cowering sheep are falling nicely in line and running to the stores to clean them out, all for a virus that the CDC has reported will be fatal in less than 1% of the cases. This country is completely doomed if it doesn't pull its head out of its ass and grow up. Americans live on their feet, not their knees, or at least they used to.

People ought to be prepared though, how so many people have absolutely nothing stocked up for an emergency, a real one not a fake one dreamed up by Governor Douche Sock is amazing. There's a volcano 35 miles away from me. We really shouldn't be seeing any runs, these dipshits should already have shit set aside for Rainier.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sen. Grassley Tests Positive for Coronavirus

https://www.newsmax.com/politi...020/11/17/id/997510/

Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, 87, said on Tuesday he has tested positive for the coronavirus, adding in the tweet that he feels good and plans to work from home in Iowa.

Earlier Tuesday, he said he was quarantining himself after being exposed to the coronavirus, though he wasn't "experiencing any symptoms,” CBS News reports.

Grassley, the second-oldest member of the Senate and the senior-most Republican, said in a statement on Tuesday: "I learned today that I've been exposed to the coronavirus. I will follow my doctors' orders and immediately quarantine as I await my test results. I'm feeling well and not currently experiencing any symptoms, but it's important we all follow public health guidelines to keep each other healthy."

Posts: 12686 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Sen. Grassley Tests Positive for Coronavirus

https://www.newsmax.com/politi...020/11/17/id/997510/

Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, 87, said on Tuesday he has tested positive for the coronavirus, adding in the tweet that he feels good and plans to work from home in Iowa.

Earlier Tuesday, he said he was quarantining himself after being exposed to the coronavirus, though he wasn't "experiencing any symptoms,” CBS News reports.

Grassley, the second-oldest member of the Senate and the senior-most Republican, said in a statement on Tuesday: "I learned today that I've been exposed to the coronavirus. I will follow my doctors' orders and immediately quarantine as I await my test results. I'm feeling well and not currently experiencing any symptoms, but it's important we all follow public health guidelines to keep each other healthy."
And there you have it in living color. Grassley lives in an environment where I;m sure he has a mask on virtually 24/7, the environment he works in is socially distanced, and everything it disinfected like an ER, yet he still got it. Can we all just recognize that the 'experts', you know, the people who have been completely wrong about virtually everything having to do with this virus from the very beginning, don't have a damn clue. As such, let's all go back to living our lives as normal and just ignore the decrees of this elitist garbage. That's what I intend to do. Walked into the grocery store over the weekend and the little greater guy says, "Excuse me but you're not wearing a mask", to which I responded, "You're absolutely right. Have a great day". Its way past time to just put a stop to the nonsense.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Texas it seems like 99.9% of all the sheep are obedient mask wearers but somehow the virus never stops surging. I guess the 25 or so people who don’t obey are still causing the spread.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Here in Texas it seems like 99.9% of all the sheep are obedient mask wearers but somehow the virus never stops surging. I guess the 25 or so people who don’t obey are still causing the spread.

I doubt there is much spread happening by causal contact at Home Depot, masks or not. Having a useless bandana under your nose does nothing anyway.

If everyone had a fitted N95 AND was trained to wear it properly AND did so at all times when in close proximity to non-household members, then mask wear would be very effective. This is pretty evident in my world of dentistry. We are spending our days in clouds of infectious aerosols. There is little doubt that we are swimming in the stuff all the time, yet the infection rate among dental personnel is well below the general population.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
If everyone had a fitted N95 AND was trained to wear it properly AND did so at all times when in close proximity to non-household members, then mask wear would be very effective.
Pure conjecture unsubstantiated by any evidence. Until there are numerous peer reviewed case studies performed that statistically prove that assertion with this particular virus any assertion that masks of any type are effective at eliminating or even limiting the spread of this virus are nothing but conjecture. Lots and lots of conjecture from all over by all sorts of so called 'experts' doesn't mean squat when its completely unsubstantiated twaddle.

And the additional assertion by the 'experts' (i.e. egotistical morons) that swatches of t-shirt or tablecloth worn across your face are effective at stopping or slowing the virus are patently absurd on every level, and only further destroy 'any' credibility they 'might' have brought to the equation. These people want to play god with our lives while they knowingly lie and guess at responses to this bug. And the sheep happily cower and comply. Really makes me angry watching this once great country accept nothing but pure BS that removes their God given rights and the freedoms.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

I agree with you on the tablecloths as I said in my comment.

Nowhere in my comment did I suggest I agreed with government mandates.

The assertion I made was based on a study of dental personnel published in the October issue of JADA, which is most certainly peer reviewed.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Dickhead Dictator of Pennsylvania and his transgender Health Secretary sidekick I've nicknamed "Man Hands" are now trying to force us to wear masks INSIDE OUR OWN HOMES.

Yeah, right. Go fuck yourselves, both of you. Mad

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Governor Douche Sock, my mother is once again unemployed, while he vacations in Hawaii. We're all in this together, all in the same boat! His just happens to be anchored in a tropical paradise. I hope he drowns.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Tested positive today for the ole COVID. Had some light sinus issues plus some fatigue late in the day. Just feeling sleepy and run down early the last 3 days.

Went and got swabbed and popped positive. Wife and kid getting tested tomorrow. Here's to a quarantine! Cheers!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8854 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Here we go again with the lockdowns, they will do nothing, short of chaining everyone in their houses, you will not stop the spread. Closing a random 50% of businesses and then forcing the rest to close at 10pm will have no effect.

I really don't get the point. Do they want to force a great depression? Cause riots? Great reset?

I'm so happy I went from essential to mission critical for work. I will not be out of work due to lockdowns this time around, in fact I just volunteered to work Xmas day/Eve and NYE. That's more than a whole weeks pay in OT, plus the holiday pay. If I save it all, my savings account is back to where it was in March.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Politicians are actually the scum of society. This 'crisis' provides them the opportunity to appear to 'do something'. Yes, a significant portion of the population lacks the ability to think logically and will blindly accept this nonsense because of the magic totem words 'science' and 'experts'.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CA Judge Orders San Diego Strip Clubs To Reopen As Churches Fight For Same Right

https://www.dailywire.com/news...wxrxgpz9ki7kjz5tcahl

A judge ordered strip clubs reopened in San Diego earlier this month, leading a lawyer from a law firm representing multiple churches in California to protest what he described as “a constitutional travesty.”

San Diego Superior Court judge Joel R. Wohlfeil issued a temporary restraining order against Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom and San Diego County that orders them to cease any action that prevents such establishments from “being allowed to provide live adult entertainment,” according to The Washington Free Beacon.

The court found that the entertainment at the two strip clubs involved in the case is “constitutionally protected speech” and concluded that “the harm to [the strip clubs] if the Application is denied is greater than the harm to [the government] if the Application is granted.”

Paul Jonna, an attorney with the Thomas More Society, which is representing several churches in California that are fighting to maintain their right to peaceably assemble, told the Free Beacon: “If you’re going to accept that argument that dancing nude is protected speech that’s so significant that it overcomes the government’s interest in regulating its citizens with COVID-19 orders, then obviously the divine worship of God, which is expressly mentioned in the First Amendment, should be held to a higher standard.”

In a statement provided to The Daily Wire, Jonna went on:

This is a constitutional travesty that must be immediately rectified. As one California judge aptly noted – you can’t treat a church like a hair salon because churches are entitled to greater protection under the Constitution. And you certainly can’t treat a church like a strip club. In California, churches are being treated worse than strip clubs. The constitutional right to worship God is infinitely more important than any right to entertainment.

“We will not rest until we fully vindicate the fundamental constitutional right to worship God without government interference,” Jonna added.

Pastor John MacArthur, who pastors Grace Community Church in Los Angeles, 120 miles north of San Diego, has been battling state and local authorities in court after he reopened his church in July. In response, the county has seemingly targeted him for retribution.

In October, MacArthur cut a video that laid out the double standards for churches compared to abortion clinics, strip clubs, and marijuana dispensaries.

As The Daily Wire reported:

“Today’s current crop of politicians are trampling on the Constitution and on the resolve of citizens to demand their rights under the pressure of a manufactured fear,” MacArthur asserted. “The reality is that the COVID data just doesn’t match the government’s COVID narrative.” Even if an individual catches COVID-19, MacArthur claimed, “You have a 99.99% chance to survive COVID. It’s just not what they’re saying it is.”

“That absolutely does not warrant shutting down anything,” MacArthur continued. “But especially, absurdly and arbitrarily, churches that have a special protection from the Constitution. Oh, and at the same time, leaving open abortion clinics, strip clubs, and marijuana dispensaries.”

“And by the way, the Health Department is on record as saying they are going to allow riots and protests without regard for the mandated health and safety ordinances. This is obviously targeted discrimination. Leftists and secular government officials have no tolerance for biblical Christianity, so they’re using COVID as an excuse to shut us down.”

Posts: 12686 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Dem teapot dictator in MN just shut us down again - er I mean 'Paused' (yeah that's the spin they're putting on this) for 4 weeks. Schools, bars, restaurants, and gyms. NO social gatherings with anyone outside of your household. Penalties are $1000 fine and/or 90 days in jail. Local police departments have already said they will be 'patrolling' the streets looking for thanksgiving gatherings. Fucking bullshit.

Never mind their own data shows that there was very little spread attributed to any of the above businesses.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
CA Judge Orders San Diego Strip Clubs To Reopen As Churches Fight For Same Right

Churches should start meeting at the clubs. Probably slow on a Sun morning anyway and they'd welcome the drink/snack orders!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12420 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Churches should start meeting at the clubs. Probably slow on a Sun morning anyway and they'd welcome the drink/snack orders!

THIS, great idea Georgeair

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Penalties are $1000 fine and/or 90 days in jail

Ummmm doesn’t throwing a bunch of folks in a building....together....sort of defeat the purpose? Just sayin’

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Penalties are $1000 fine and/or 90 days in jail

Ummmm doesn’t throwing a bunch of folks in a building....together....sort of defeat the purpose? Just sayin’

Of course, and they know damn well they aren't going to throw anyone in jail on Thanksgiving. Just another stupid rule that people will ignore.

posted Hide Post
Another day, another sensationalist statement in the news about the number of positive cases in Florida. No mention of how many tests were done (significantly more than previous day), no mention of the positivity rate (actually went down), no mention of hospital loads (22.65% according to the FL Dept of Health). Just trying to get everyone wee-wee'd up.

I didn't see it posted here - but the video associated with this article is an in your face rebuttal to all the BS going on with Covid.

Dr. Roger Hodkinson is a Pathology Specialist which includes Virology and also a CEO of firm in NC that sells Covid 19 tests.

I just went to the CDE site and checked - 91.8% of the "deaths" in the Covid data at the CDC are 55 and up. So lets close everything down...FFS

"The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated On An Unsuspecting Public"

https://www.zerohedge.com/medi...source=zh_newsletter

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/uEo3rnU12jw

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post