SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And unless you're part of an 'at risk' group, again my response would be, who cares?...

I'm not, but my parents are. Diabetes, a-fib, replaced heart valve, over 80, blood thinners, etc. They live down the street from me, so I do care.

Posts: 11029 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
And unless you're part of an 'at risk' group, again my response would be, who cares?...

I'm not, but my parents are. Diabetes, a-fib, replaced heart valve, over 80, blood thinners, etc. They live down the street from me, so I do care.
Exactly my point. Your parents need to be careful, and you need to be careful around them. I also have 80+ year old parents with health issues, so I know your concerns. Fortunately or unfortunately, my 83 year old father has refused to buy into any of this and continues to live his life as he's always lived it so if the Wu Flu gets him it likely won't be due to anything I did.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, my 13 year old son tested positive today. He woke up with a high fever, headache and stomach pain. Now we get to all spend 2 weeks together while being quarantined. Yay.....

Posts: 2160 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
That sucks, hope your kid gets over it asap. Keep us updated.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
That sucks, hope your kid gets over it asap. Keep us updated.

Thanks. I’m sure he’ll be fine, although he is asthmatic. I’ll be sure to update on how he’s doing.

Posts: 2160 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Things are changing again in the hospitals here. Hospitalizations due to Covid are increasing and they are starting to alter their restrictions again. I really hope they do not start cancelling normal procedures like before. It cost them huge amounts of money before and staff were furloughed.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Things are changing again in the hospitals here. Hospitalizations due to Covid are increasing and they are starting to alter their restrictions again. I really hope they do not start cancelling normal procedures like before. It cost them huge amounts of money before and staff were furloughed.

We face the same increases and are very concerned. The cessation of elective surgeries cost us a massive amount of money while the fixed costs remained. It's not sustainable. We need to stay open.

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure my family has it. Wife is pretty sick, she brought it home from work. I just have a scratchy sinus/throat thing for 4 days so far. Son woke up this morning with a sore throat.

Her test results are due back within the next couple days.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
Pretty sure my family has it. Wife is pretty sick, she brought it home from work. I just have a scratchy sinus/throat thing for 4 days so far. Son woke up this morning with a sore throat.

Don't forget its also cold and flu season, so her symptoms don't necessarily have to be Covid related. Fingers crossed.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Everything Monkey said a page or two back.

Also, my wife's doctor and a couple of family members have died from it (all 70+ maybe even all 80+, except DR). I have a nextdoor neighbor who has a congregant in his church with their child on a ventilator.

While it is real, and it's deadly to elderly and people with health concerns at the same time it's not nearly bad as first thought. It sucks, life sucks, you move on and get by, then hope for the best. You or a loved one may hit the unlucky lottery, but you might also die in an accident on the way to buy groceries. No one has stopped eating, no way we should stop the economy or life.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
True, the rest of the story is her coworker's test results were positive. Wife has been spending most of her time sleeping since Sunday. I have had a mild headache, today it become more noticeable, and have been getting tired in the afternoon. Son has been sleeping a lot too.

quote:
quote:

Don't forget its also cold and flu season, so her symptoms don't necessarily have to be Covid related. Fingers crossed.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m just coming out of two weeks dealing with Covid. I’m upper 50’s, decent health, no underlying conditions. I will say, it was pretty bad for ten days or so. The bad was fever, high body & muscle ache, cough, tired.

The two sons had a milder version, still a bit to deal with. The wife was sick ahead of us by a week or more, not sure if that was Covid, normal now.

I tried what I could, Vit, C, D, Zinc, fluids, kelp iodine & a few other things. I ended up with some steroids, have to look up the name. I turned a corner about then, not sure if it was the roids or just timing.

I was taken aback by lack of help from medical facilities. The general practitioner didn’t want me. The Urgent Care said don’t bother coming unless you can’t breathe. During my low point I looked at going in.

I’ve been doing more, yard work & getting ready for Winter. Hopefully I’ve seen the last of this.

Posts: 6194 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sourdough - glad to see you all pulled through OK.

You are correct - unless the hospitals can stick you on a vent and charge big $ for it - there is little interest in administering other treatments. (and some which have been withheld by the Gov't that many believe work well in the early stages)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Here is a site I kept an eye on. Right now the weak point is outpatient care. I’m talking fairly bad off, but not quite requiring the hospital drill.

Other countries, S.A. ones for starters, seem to be ahead of us to seed preventative & reduce severity to the masses.

Posts: 6194 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

We face the same increases and are very concerned. The cessation of elective surgeries cost us a massive amount of money while the fixed costs remained. It's not sustainable. We need to stay open.

The network my wife works for lost almost $10 billion from March to June because of it.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Our waitress pulled down her mask, so I could understand her, but it got hung up on her hog ring.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15913 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I thought y'all said it would be gone this week?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12456 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I thought y'all said it would be gone this week?
No winner in the presidential election yet. Give it a little more time. Once that POS Biden is in place this thing will either be gone all together, or he and his crew of retards, rejects, and commies will attempt to lock all of us in our homes until the economy is completely bankrupt, with masks required 24/7/365 even while eating and bathing of course.

I never imagined myself going to jail, especially as a near 60 year old, but I can foresee myself in Orange if this shit continues.

Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Confirmed... Wife received her COVID positive results this morning.

quote:
True, the rest of the story is her coworker's test results were positive. Wife has been spending most of her time sleeping since Sunday. I have had a mild headache, today it become more noticeable, and have been getting tired in the afternoon. Son has been sleeping a lot too.

quote:
quote:

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor