SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I guess I needed to clarify. I was not talking about dying from the Coronavirus but just getting it or do you believe in it all. Or do you care if you get it?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Don't care if I get it.

Don't care if I get a cold.

Don't care if I get the flu.

Part of life. Take normal precautions. Don't huff some guy's coughs/sneezes. Don't put your fingers in your mouth. Like all the standard hygiene things my mom taught me when I was young. Basic stuff.

Zillion things I could catch in this world.

China lung is WAAAAY down on my list of worries.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For myself, I feel like it’s more a matter of “it’s already out in the wild so you can’t shove that shit back in the horse.” I think we’ll probably all get it at some point.

I’m not going to let the fear of it impact my life any more than what I’m mandated to do in order to go about my life. I only wear the mask when I absolutely have to, say in hospitals or in other places that won’t Let you in the door without one. My big hope is that Governor Inslee loses reelection to Loren Culp and all this mask nonsense goes out the window when he’s sworn in.

If you want to wear a mask out in public, I’m not going to look sideways at you unless it’s under your nose or your chin, but I do not wish to be compelled to do so. I think it’s horseshit feel-good kabuki theater nonsense and I’m tired of playing along. Like mbinky, I don’t go around licking doorknobs and the like, so I feel like my chances are pretty good.

Unlike the corona virus, life is 100% fatal.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I get it guys. Maybe one additional thing you could answer is do you have family in your household. Thx

And I agree about most everyone getting at some point

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am 46, slightly overweight, high BP, good cholesterol. My girl just turned 50, pretty fit.

We just live our lives.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Do I believe in the virus?

Yes

Do I believe it’s as bad as they say it is?

No

I don’t believe any numbers but out by anyone. Do t care about the number of cases. Don’t care about the increase in the number of cases. I don’t wear a mask to shop anywhere. I had to wear a mask to get into the polling station in Friday.

The ONLY number I believe is the number that the CDC put out that said deaths due solely to C19 was 9216. Out of all the deaths reported breathlessly.

I also find it curious that the ‘second wave’ was coincidentally timed to be 7 days before the election.

It’s either a really smart virus, or exceedingly stupid people to buy into that line of bullshit.

Posts: 53246 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
BD, you are in this thread making this point over and over and over. We get it buddy. Take a break.

All the hysterics generated by those who are worried that this invisible thing is gonna leave nothing but empty seats ate every table come Thanksgiving, need the point to the contrary over and over.

Fact.
Yes, there is a virus and people might die if they get it.

Fact.
There is no 100% fix for it. Everyone will be exposed to it, and almost everyone will get it.

Fact.
There is no vaccine for use yet, and if one is put into common use, there is no data other than historical for influenza as to the efficacy of a vaccine.

Fact.
The damage done the economy, people's livelihoods, psyche, and many other aspects currently and going foward far aoutweigh the continuation of the lockdowns, mandates of mask wearing and other behaviors vs a return to normal.

And speculation.
The damage done to children exposed to this hysterics and drama will be palpable and enduring for a generation.

So, yeah. Some of us are gonna beat this drum for as long as the shit show is in the theater.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43930 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
To add to the monkey's points:

Fact: All we are hearing about is "cases". This is a number that has no context and is LESS THAN meaningless. As a matter of fact, I would call it maliciously harmful. (This is true about almost all of the "information" we have been given.)

Speculation: Not just children, but grown, otherwise (I assume) intelligent adults. Went hiking a couple of weekends ago in NC, and people were either masking up to pass me or jumping off the trail.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
SM, all those empty seats that "ate" at every table are going to do serious damage to the turkey inventories at the grocery stores this fall. Smile

I realize many are growing tired of this virus thing and all the nonsense associated with it. I get it. But it's not going to happen overnight and it's going to take time to let this thing run its course and things to be sorted out. So it's going to be best if people can just calm down relax get information from reliable sources . Stay away from the mass media and all their garbage . Stay in contact with loved ones and we'll just ride it out.

If you choose to continuously beat your drum you run the risk of sounding like Fauci, just with a slightly different rhythm Razz

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Out of a population of 8 million people- How many people actively have it now?
Who cares? That's a completely worthless metric. Far better question, how many people are in designated covid ward beds right now, how many are dying each week, and what's the trending for those two metrics? That's the only way to gauge the significance of this bug on a state.

Closer to home, active cases is the only number that matters as those are the only people that can spread it.

There's 190,000 people in my county, probably more since the snowbirds are back. There are currently about 400 active cases. If those people stay home, my chances of running into them are fairly slim. Even slimmer are the chances I spend enough time in close enough proximity to them to catch it.

This was my son's first year on the high school swim team. I got to watch him swim peering through the fence because the powers that be wouldn't allow spectators inside the fence. This accomplished nothing to prevent the spread of the VID as all the parents packed themselves together in few spaces outside the fence where there were gaps in the landscaping so they could see their kids swim.

On another note, the middle school and high school portion of my two youngest kids' school was shutdown last week. The week before, 6 cases in students and 2 cases in teachers were reported. That Friday, only half the students showed up, so the administration decided to go online for a week in 6th-12th grades.

Posts: 11034 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
BD, you are in this thread making this point over and over and over. We get it buddy. Take a break.
Sorry, but I was a Senior Analyst for a lot of years early in my career, and listening to morons in the media and politicians day in and day out openly lie to people with numbers really irritates me. Hospitalizations and deaths overall are both on a downward trend. That's really good news for all of us. I just want people to recognize that the virus seems to be attenuating, the important metrics are moving in the right direction, and even if you do get it, the likelihood you'll die from it is incredibly low (per the CDC) at this point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
School administrators have a hard enough time running the schools much less administering a public health program. Every school district here has a different protocol. Curiously, schools are not major modes of transmission. Their rates are merely reflective of the community. Schools should be open and functioning. The problem with athletics is that they do not have the funds to test every kid. The reason we have college football is a rigorous testing program.

Posts: 17294 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
So then the question is: Do you believe there is no virus? Or do you think you are immune from getting it? Or do you not care if you get it? Or do you think it (virus) is natural occurring and not one engineered by the Chinese? Or something else.

I am not asking about the economic impact or trying to impact the election here. We all know what is going on there. Only asking what you think about the virus and potentially getting it or do you not care. Or is there no virus?

There is a virus (I'm recovered). I had no doubt I would eventually get it, although the source wasn't who I suspected (family instead of work). Something like 30-40% may have some crossover immunity to it. May be natural, may be engineered, but I do believe in either case it did come from that Lab in Wuhan.

I do think that when the vaccine arrives, it will likely be about 50% effective (similar to flu vaccine). Even with the vaccine a lot of people are still going to get it, and the vast majority will survive.

Posts: 11368 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Closer to home, active cases is the only number that matters as those are the only people that can spread it.
And from a purely analytical point of view I'd debate that point with you as well. Read below...
quote:
There's 190,000 people in my county, probably more since the snowbirds are back. There are currently about 400 active cases. If those people stay home, my chances of running into them are fairly slim. Even slimmer are the chances I spend enough time in close enough proximity to them to catch it.
And unless you're part of an 'at risk' group, again my response would be, who cares? According to the studies I've read, well over 60% of those exposed to the virus (and not having co-morbidities) end up being asymptomatic. The rest suffer through flu like symptoms for a few says and recover without issue. A 'very' small percentage require hospitalization. So if the solution is herd immunity (as many doctors claim and many here believe), why sweat it? Go live your life, earn a paycheck, and enjoy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the President is reelected Fauci the backstabber needs to go.

White House Says Fauci Is Playing Politics Over Biden Virus Remarks

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...reaking-2020-11-01-2

The White House lashed out after Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, appeared to praise the campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for its stance on the pandemic just days before Election Day.

“It’s unacceptable and breaking with all norms for Dr. Fauci, a senior member of the President’s Coronavirus Task Force and someone who has praised President Trump’s actions throughout this pandemic, to choose three days before an election to play politics,” White House deputy press secretary Judd Deere told news outlets in a statement. “As a member of the Task Force, Dr. Fauci has a duty to express concerns or push for a change in strategy, but he’s not done that.”

Fauci said the United States is “in for a whole lot of hurt” and is “not a good situation,” referring to rising COVID-19 cases in recent days, according to the Washington Post. In the interview, Fauci again warned that the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus would spread in the fall and winter.

Fauci also appeared to praise Biden, saying his campaign “is taking it seriously from a public health perspective,” adding that Trump is “looking at it from a different perspective” by focusing on “the economy and reopening the country.”

Throughout the pandemic this year, Fauci has repeatedly made dire predictions to news outlets, while pushing back the date in which the United States could return to normalcy. It’s drawn criticism from the White House and President Donald Trump.

Also in the interview, Fauci said the last time he spoke with Trump “was not about any policy; it was when he was recovering in Walter Reed, he called me up,” referring to when the president contracted the CCP virus last month and was treated at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Deere, meanwhile, said that Fauci should push for changes internally in his agency, although he instead chose “to criticize the President in the media and make his political leanings known by praising the President’s opponent–exactly what the American people have come to expect from The Swamp.”

Fauci’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

NAME: Eric Stratton, please call me Otter

ADDRESS: Faber college, Delta Tau Chi fraternity

NUMBER: 867-5309

We'll start with the fondue platter. Please bring extra bread.

Babs will have the noodles. Her wrist still hurts.

Flounder has the tab. He'll take water.

I'll take a double rye and rock.

We'll pay cash.

We heard Otis Day and the Knights are playing tonight. They know us. Tell them we said hello.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Went hiking today (and pretty much never wear a mask) and was coming toward a woman coming up the trail when she stopped and frantically tried to put on her mask while wearing surgical gloves Roll Eyes

*She was also upwind of me.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4339 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Heretic! Wear your mask for the good of the people! Even in the pool!!! OBEY!!!!

Me?

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I hear there are a bunch of Elmer Fud's and Lizzie Borden's living in Michigan these days.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lizzie Borden's

Lizzie Borden took an axe, And gave her mother forty whacks; When she saw what she had done, She gave her father forty-one.

Grew up in Boston, heard that lyric from my grandmother through my mom....that's why I stayed out of Fall River Wink

Stay frosty Smile