SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Excellent question!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39264 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Also Melbourne is in Spring headed into Summer right now.

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This son of a bitch

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Last minute push to try to influence the sheeple.

Posts: 1293 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
But my main question is: obviously, with numbers increasing, that means increased testing. How and why are so many people getting tested now? Are some of these numbers actually made up? I'm sure its mostly politically motivated. Are people in great numbers really getting tested?

Well, in my little corner of King County, Wa, a test is required three days before you have various office visits and procedures done. I’ll be getting my fifth or sixth (I’m honestly losing track by now) test done this year in about a month for an MRI and ablation, which they scheduled more or less together because of the testing nonsense. So I’m one person, every test has been negative, and that’s my contribution to the statistics.

When I was so sick I nearly went to the hospital in early February, they weren’t even testing people for Covid, and I couldn’t get tested. I had ALL the symptoms and was very sick for weeks. Now, you get a swab jammed up your nose in a drive-through as part of the routine or just because you feel like it. It’s faster than a drive-through burger joint. I’m so used to it by now that I don’t even flinch.

Oh, and as for Fauci, he needs to be sweeping floors and emptying trash in some hospital in Uganda like, yesterday.

Posts: 17650 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to find the Number of Active Cases in Washington State or King County and came up empty.

Knowing the total number of cases from the last 8 months is meaningless.

Out of a population of 8 million people- How many people actively have it now?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13493 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I hope November 4th or 5th, this little shit gets his walking papers.

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Out of a population of 8 million people- How many people actively have it now?
Who cares? That's a completely worthless metric. Far better question, how many people are in designated covid ward beds right now, how many are dying each week, and what's the trending for those two metrics? That's the only way to gauge the significance of this bug on a state.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
BD, you are in this thread making this point over and over and over. We get it buddy. Take a break.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19731 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
How many people are dying exclusively from covid and not any other condition.

How many people have died of the flu and pneumonia that sound have died anyway. Can anyone find any seasonal averages. I’ve tried and it appears the data is being squelched.

How many people are going to die from heart attacks because they were too afraid to go to the hospital and get tested?

Why is it with all the deaths apparently happening around us, not one politician has died. Really, what’s the point if taking a pandemic if you can’t cull the population of professional leeches

Posts: 53806 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Number of cases is totally worthless info. I ignore it. But then I also never wear a mask, don't "social distance" (that phrase needs to be banned), I eat out at restaurants, hold conversations with the guy sitting RIGHT beside me at the bar, and usually shake hands when lunch is over and we go our separate ways. Know what I DON'T do? Suck my thumbs, lick my palms, or stand next to someone coughing all over the place and suck it all in. Learned that stuff from my mom when I was like 6. When I get to the house I just wash my hands. Kinda like normal things.

No one here in ENC has ever asked me about a mask. But my response will be "I am allergic". If they ask to what, the answer is "communism".

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day for the last few weeks all we have heard from tv news, politicians and others locally is how the positive tests numbers are growing at a huge rate. Add that to the renewed push for wearing masks and it is just sickening how it is being used politically and to scare people.
Last week I took my 92 yr old mom to a doctor and of course we had to wear their silly mask but that wasn't enough for them. Twice, one of the staff scolded her and later me for letting it slip under our nose. I almost exploded when I happened to see not one.....but four staff members NOT wearing masks. As I was about to go off, mom asked me not to because for some reason she likes this doctor even though he is has been inept time after time.(she says he's just so kind). I am so sick of all this crap and when I got home home, I could not resist and sent the administration there a email telling them what I thought of them and what I had seen their employees doing.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I almost exploded when I happened to see not one.....but four staff members NOT wearing masks.

Yup. Lost count of the businesses I have walked into and saw employees with their masks pulled down beneath their chins. Sometimes when they see me walk in the quickly pull it up, other times, noticing I am not wearing a mask, they leave it down, smile and say hello. Total theater of the mind. Went to lunch at Twin Peaks last Thursday. As I walked in the hostess looked up from her phone, her mask pulled beneath her chin, and said hello. Told her I was heading to the bar and she just said "enjoy!" Sat at the bar and neither of the bartenders had a mask pulled over their face. One had it beneath her chin, one didn't have one at all. The spicy garlic wings were good, especially with a side of their Carolina Reaper sauce and blue cheese. And I felt normal.

I will say the ONLY place I have worn a mask in NC is the ABC store. They are all state run and if you want a bottle, you need a mask. It goes on as I walk in the door, it comes off as I walk out the door.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So then the question is: Do you believe there is no virus? Or do you think you are immune from getting it? Or do you not care if you get it? Or do you think it (virus) is natural occurring and not one engineered by the Chinese? Or something else.

I am not asking about the economic impact or trying to impact the election here. We all know what is going on there. Only asking what you think about the virus and potentially getting it or do you not care. Or is there no virus?

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The virus is real.

I may get it.

I may not.

I also have a better chance of getting in a car accident and dying than I do getting the commie cold and dying. Or dying by about a zillin other ways.

So I go about my life like normal.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The asteroid heading towards earth has better odds of an impact on November 2nd than me dying of the chicom crud. True story.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I guess I needed to clarify. I was not talking about dying from the Coronavirus but just getting it or do you believe in it all. Or do you care if you get it?

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Don't care if I get it.

Don't care if I get a cold.

Don't care if I get the flu.

Part of life. Take normal precautions. Don't huff some guy's coughs/sneezes. Don't put your fingers in your mouth. Like all the standard hygiene things my mom taught me when I was young. Basic stuff.

Zillion things I could catch in this world.

China lung is WAAAAY down on my list of worries.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For myself, I feel like it’s more a matter of “it’s already out in the wild so you can’t shove that shit back in the horse.” I think we’ll probably all get it at some point.

I’m not going to let the fear of it impact my life any more than what I’m mandated to do in order to go about my life. I only wear the mask when I absolutely have to, say in hospitals or in other places that won’t Let you in the door without one. My big hope is that Governor Inslee loses reelection to Loren Culp and all this mask nonsense goes out the window when he’s sworn in.

If you want to wear a mask out in public, I’m not going to look sideways at you unless it’s under your nose or your chin, but I do not wish to be compelled to do so. I think it’s horseshit feel-good kabuki theater nonsense and I’m tired of playing along. Like mbinky, I don’t go around licking doorknobs and the like, so I feel like my chances are pretty good.

Unlike the corona virus, life is 100% fatal.

Posts: 17650 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I get it guys. Maybe one additional thing you could answer is do you have family in your household. Thx

And I agree about most everyone getting at some point