SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I found out over the weekend that I have 15 family members down with COVID—19. They range from 15 to late 70’s. One is in the hospital and on Oxygen. Not surprisingly, the older they are the harder it is on them.

Posts: 12579 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
France going into another hard lockdown. I suppose Biden, the democrats, and the media (but I repeat myself) will blame Trump for that too.

This is a real damn shame. I just finished finalizing my wife's trip to France in December with our daughters. They are really looking forward to it. My wife hasn't seen her family in almost two years because of this Chicom crud, and it would be another kick in the balls if we have to cancel again. Ugh. These idiotic world leaders really don't have any other better solution than to just lock it all down. Pathetic and maddening.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
BB61, Since you posted this in this thread I would ask that you provide some additional details.

I am not suggesting I do not believe you. But that is a major deal.

Were these family members involved in some kind of gathering that infected some family members and then they spread it to others. 15 family members infected is serious. Although the majority I am sure will fully recover. Elderly will be more serious as you indicated. I Hope all will fully recover.

Please enlighten us.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19730 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am suggesting I do not believe you

I think you meant you are NOT SUGGESTING.

Just trying help.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7880 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
yes, that is what I meant to say. Thanks cs.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19730 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
BB61, Since you posted this in this thread I would ask that you provide some additional details.

I am suggesting I do not believe you. But that is a major deal.

Were these family members involved in some kind of gathering that infected some family members and then they spread it to others. 15 family members infected is serious. Although the majority I am sure will fully recover. Elderly will be more serious as you indicated. I Hope all will fully recover.

Please enlighten us.

You have a valid question. There is a commonality with all of them.

Nine of them are tied into the family farm. My uncle, cousin, cousin’s husband and an older nephew all run the 100 year old family dairy farm. My cousin’s high school age kid works at the farm part time. She got it first, probably from someone at high school or a friend who didn’t have symptoms and from there it spread to everyone working at the farm and then to their spouses.

The other six are with a different cousin but on on the same side of the family. Coincidentally, this cousin also works in the dairy industry but as an inspector for the State of Idaho. I am not sure how he got it but his wife and all his kids got the C-19 so six total in his family for a combined total of fifteen between everyone.

Posts: 12579 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
My boss's step father died of COVID, age 75. His mother and brother had it and recovered. This is the closest I've come to it, other than a friend getting at and recovering after a couple weeks.

My son's "educational tour" trip to Europe that was supposed to be this past June was delayed until next June due to COVID. At this rate of "case panic", he may not get to go at all. Nevermind the fact that "cases" are way up, but deaths are down. And you know, you can only get half the money back if you want a refund. I didn't agree with my ex on signing him up for it in the first place, but relented after she did it on her own and said it would be great for him to go with friends.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is talk about shutting our Bars and Restaurants down.
Daycare and schools are open with no talks of shutting them down.

It doesn't add up.

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it's your wife's half that won't get refunded.

Posts: 1473 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
sorry about that, my first attempt only got partially uploaded

This pretty much sums up Oregon DemoKKKrats Mad

quote:

Oregon health official announces COVID-19 death toll dressed as clown

Claire Poche, a senior official of the Oregon Health Authority, made the announcement dressed in a red tie, polka dot shirt, bright yellow pants, and a full face of clown makeup.

A senior Oregon health official donned a clown costume prior to announcing the daily death toll from coronavirus.

Claire Poche, a senior official of the Oregon Health Authority, made the announcement dressed in a red tie, polka dot shirt, bright yellow pants, and a full face of clown makeup.

“As of today, there have been 38,160 cases of COVID-19 in Oregon, with 390 new cases being reported today,” announced the harlequin impersonator. “Sadly, we are also reporting three deaths today, bringing the statewide total for COVID-19-related deaths to 608,” she somberly continued in heavy contrast to her attire.

https://thepostmillennial.com/...cal-dressed-as-clown

Posts: 4359 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ What the hell is that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ What the hell is that?
Took the words right out of my mouth...

Posts: 3397 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where I read it, but Portland used the clown to announce covid deaths to the public or something.

Here we go.

WTH? Another Crackpot Democrat: Oregon’s Health Minister Dresses as a Clown to Announce Latest Coronavirus Deaths

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ebsitesharingbuttons

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK????

Is that real? Are these people literally insane?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7880 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

Posts: 17644 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVF400:
There is talk about shutting our Bars and Restaurants down.
Not gonna happen. Governor DeSantis has had enough of this BS just like the rest of us. We'll be staying open.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
Not wanting to start a new thread on covid, are there people here with personal recovery stories? My wife has tested positive, and I likely will. Our symptoms are the same with me having slightly weaker headaches. We have both lost our sense of smell. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through that yet.

Our nephew is going through this too with no known connection. Our grandson lost his other grandfather to a stroke while he was in the ICU with covid. His other grandmother was also in the ICU with covid when her husband passed.
This has all occurred here in our northern Wisconsin county in the last two weeks. I know our numbers are on the rise, but anecdotally I can say I observed more out of state vehicles on my way to get tested than resident vehicles.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I got it middle of August. (15th or 16th)

I thought it was either bronchitis and or "summer cold", as I have lifelong issue with both.

No fever, in fact, I was "cold" 96.8 temp.
I normally keep my summer A/C on 79*, and bumped it up to 80-81 because I was cool.

Started taking lots of zinc (Zicam) and did not realize I lost sense of smell and taste, attributing that to the Zinc.

I had aches and pains, milder than the flu and more like a cold, but no sniffles, coughing or anything else. That lasted two days, and I felt better, but still had the rawness down the center of my chest, and a little discomfort when breathing deeply. (having had chronic bronchitis episodes throughout life, I still figured it was that).

So I slept in late and took naps and that began a trend to sleeping almost around the clock with a head/neck ache similar to migraine but the pain was more in the neck and I just could not get comfortable.

Staying in bed, I had no appetite, but did make sure I drank water, tried some soup, and my youngest daughter brought me homemade soup so had some of that after a few days of not eating.

I pretty much spent nearly two weeks like that, and then I started noticing the "crackly" sound when I breathed, so I called the ex-monkey and she called and found the ER would see me (no other clinics or urgent care were open) and I went to the ER.

They found double pneumonia (x-rays) and from my symptoms decided to cat scan with contrast to check for blood clots in the lungs (found none) and gave me IV anti-biotic and anti-bacterial as well as script for ZPack and 10 days of oral anti-bacterial. Said my O2 was fine and sent me home. Did a COVID test, results positive 3 days later.

Went home and back to bed. Next day I was much better, headache/neck-ache gone, but weak/tired from not eating.

Each day was better and three days later I felt normal.

I put "the symptoms" between cold and flu. Really, more like a bad cold, but rather than getting over the initial ache and pain of a cold in 2-3 days, it lingered for about two weeks, and that just wore me out.

I have had pretty severe flu about 6 times in life resulting in double pneumonia in hospital twice, and three times, out of my mind, "lost days" from high fever, so this was not that bad.

I am thinking I got a milder case than some folks. I typically do not get sick, but when I do, I go all out over the top (hyper immune response).

I also encourage deep breathing and "lung clearing" techniques, not sleeping on back, and keeping airflow moving, drinking lots of fluids and getting sunshine for 15 minutes a day.

Sense of smell and taste came back within a week of anti-biotics, and I have no lingering issues.

Hope that helps.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44479 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that Shep Smith interviewed Fauci recently and begged him to recommend a national mask mandate and of course, Fauci agreed that it would be a good thing. I told my wife the other day that the biggest and most obvious reason masks are worthless against the rona is because Democrats and the media want them. If you're goal is to instill fear and panic you need high rates of infection and large numbers of "cases" to cry about. If a mask prevented any spread at all the Dems and media would've been telling you that theyre they're worthless and just another failed attempt by Trump to actually do something.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3631 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanPatWork:
Not wanting to start a new thread on covid, are there people here with personal recovery stories? My wife has tested positive, and I likely will. Our symptoms are the same with me having slightly weaker headaches. We have both lost our sense of smell. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through that yet.

I am just done with the recommended isolation. Had cold like symptoms, low grade fever and headache for about 4 days, followed by fatigue for another 3 days. Very little coughing. Sense of smell is returning.

All in all for us it was worse than a cold, but not as bad as I remember the flu being with all the associated aches and pains and high fever.

Fortunately for my dad his experience was the same.

Our estimation is that if you are generally healthy and eat a healthy diet to help boost your immune system, hopefully symptoms will be about what we had. I could see it being much worse if one had other long term, proinflammatory health conditions.

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post