SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, When this is over, I'm going back to Wal-Mart to see all of those people with the nostrils on their chin. I haven't noticed them before, but that is where they wear the mask, so...

Roll Eyes

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
All reel, no line?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^reel is upside down...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/JSbT7JVNEU4

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
^reel is upside down...

And it does that gay ass backwards spin because it's upside down

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White House Orders West Wing Staff to Wear Masks

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...tm_campaign=20200511

The White House is directing West Wing staff members to wear masks — unless they are at their desks — in an effort to prevent the spread of the Chinese coronavirus on the premises, ABC News reported Monday afternoon.

“The CDC continues to encourage the use of facial coverings when social distancing is not an option,” reads the memo from the White House Management Office. “As an additional layer of protection, we are requiring everyone who enters the West Wing to wear a mask or facial covering.”

“If you are in need of a facial covering, you may pick one up from the White House Medical Unit Clinic located in EEOB 97,” it continues. “Staff who sit in the West Wing ar not required to wear a facial covering while at their desk if they are appropriately socially distanced from their colleagues.”

The directive also asks staff to avoid “unnecessary” visits to the building.

The development comes as Vice President Mike Pence, head of the coronavirus task force, has been in self-isolation since Friday due to his press secretary, Katie Miller, testing positive for the illness.

“Vice President Pence will continue to follow the advice of the White House Medical Unit and is not in quarantine,” Pence spokesman Devin O’Malley said. “Additionally, Vice President Pence has tested negative every single day.”

Miller is married to top Trump adviser Stephen Miller, who has tested negative, an administration official said.

On Saturday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said they will quarantine for 14 days.

The day before, Food and Drug Administration commissioner Stephen Hahn, said he already had gone into quarantine.

All three of them have tested negative, along with Trump and Pence, but two people with access to the White House tested positive for coronavirus last week. Trump and Pence are being tested daily, officials said.

Beside Miller, one of Trump’s personal valets tested positive for the coronavirus. The White House said the unnamed aide, who is in the Navy, developed symptoms Tuesday and then was tested. The aide works in the West Wing, and duties involve serving meals to Trump.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

I carry concealed per law and have carried in Costco for years. They don't ask, I don't tell. Everyone is happy. When you stop me at the door and refuse me entrance because I don't have part of a bedsheet over my face, you can give me back my membership fee. It's just that simple.

I went to Costco today. I carried a gun. They gave disposable masks out at the door if you didn't have one.

Was it silly? Sure. Did I feel oppressed or that my rights were violated? No.

The guy at the door thought it was silly too.
The last time I went to my Costco (last week) no one was handing out masks. Perhaps Costco has a bit of inconsistency across their warehouses.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
^reel is upside down...

Thanks, that too Smile

Was trying for something like, big hat no cattle Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

Saturday I went to the grocery store and nearly everyone but me had a mask on.
Later that day I went to Cabela’s for something to do and maybe 2 or 3 people had masks.
Is it a “grocery” thing or type of people thing I wonder?

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I think it's a grocery thing.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:

I carry concealed per law and have carried in Costco for years. They don't ask, I don't tell. Everyone is happy. When you stop me at the door and refuse me entrance because I don't have part of a bedsheet over my face, you can give me back my membership fee. It's just that simple.

I went to Costco today. I carried a gun. They gave disposable masks out at the door if you didn't have one.

Was it silly? Sure. Did I feel oppressed or that my rights were violated? No.

The guy at the door thought it was silly too.
The last time I went to my Costco (late week) no one was handing out masks. Perhaps Costco has a bit of inconsistency across their warehouses.

Costco's mask policy went into effect today. They announced it last week and when some people complained, the sanctimonious grievance mob pounced. Hard. No mask, no entrance going forward.

https://www.businessinsider.co...licy-backlash-2020-5

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And we now see just how successfful the propaganda campaign has been. One of the quoted tweets describes it perfectly.

Going to shop at Costco today because I feel safer there due to their mask policy. #supportCostco

And this gem...

Recent polling has found that, despite a vocal backlash, most Americans support social-distancing guidelines and don't feel comfortable with nonessential businesses reopening.

And back into time we go...“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. - Joseph Goebbels

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
To HELL with HIPAA says Tennessee. Eek

The TN health Dept is reporting daily the names of persons testing positive for the Virus to Fire, Police and Sheriff agencies. Gov Lee (A republican no less) was defending it.

WTF over.

Edited to correct spelling...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the HEB(grocery store) and the “que” is gone, so is the guy with a spray bottle of disinfectant hosing the carts down, and the gal counting people at the door is gone!

In celebration I purchased a 12 pack of Newcastle Brown Ale. Just finished my third one and I’m ready for some sleep.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
G'nite Chief. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
To HELL with HIPPA says Tennessee. Eek

The TN health Dept is reporting daily the names of persons testing positive for the Virus to Fire, Police and Sheriff agencies. Gov Lee (A republican no less) was defending it.

WTF over.

Well, you tried. Not even close. Way too many lay lawyers on here. Have you even read HIPAA (not HIPPA)? It permits this type of disclosure.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Went to WalMart in northern Kentucky last week. Some people had masks, some didnt. Saw one lady who was so beautiful, I wanted to see under her mask. My she was beautiful. Today, I find this WalMart will refuse to let you in without a mask. I parked so far out it just wasn't worth the walk back for my mask. I dont mind wearing a mask at all. People cant see my broke off tooth. I will go to Krogers tomorrow for my coffee beans and Coffee Mate. Remember that little jingle about If I could be like Mike? Found myself singing if I could be like China.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
White House Orders West Wing Staff to Wear Masks

But we all (well, at least us non-epidemiologists) know that masks don't do anything at all. Why would Trump be doing that then?

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
To HELL with HIPPA says Tennessee. Eek

WTF over.

Well, you tried. Not even close. Way too many lay lawyers on here. Have you even read HIPAA (not HIPPA)? It permits this type of disclosure.

They're doing it here. Fire and LE gets notification and anyone testing positive gets served official quarantine paperwork.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post