SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
33,000 + men will die from prostate cancer this year.

840,000 + people will die from heart disease this year.

800,000 + abortions.

Why are we arguing about the Wuhan?

Posts: 1832 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:

800,000 + abortions.

It's new.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Well if all this got started by someone eating bats, I bet Ozzy is shitting himself right about now.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
What is going on with all these claims of overrun hospitals that just don't seem to jive with reality?

Dude, you need to get onboard with reality. I know everyone and their mother has a phone & camera these days, but there are reasons that there have been no photos / videos of these 'over-run' hospitals, because, you know.... JUST BECAUSE!!>!>!>!

<thick sarcasm>

Wink

Someone make sure I know when the pandemic is coming, I don't want to miss it.

quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:

It's new.
And it's politically convenient as a way to trash the economy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:...

To quote Winston Churchill, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"....

In response to the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor? Big Grin

For the day that will live in infirmary. Razz

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:...

It's new.

Everybody loves a good novel...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
6guns - DailyWire doesn't open in IE

works ok in Google

xxxxxxxxx

"We're just going to have to wait to see how this plays out"

yes. We have the NY forecast and a time schedule. NY predicts their peak in 2 to 3 weeks, but if the bad scenario is true, we will see rapidly increasing NY numbers (and hospitalizations) at a rate of 2x every 3 days.

BTW, the UK also predicts they will hit peak in 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks, sdy. I'm having the issue with Safari. Maybe a reboot would help...haven't tried that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39230 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Now, this is ONE hospital in America, in Florida
Which hospital in Florida?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:

800,000 + abortions.

Well, none of those are contagious, so that's not really a good analogy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16634 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:...

To quote Winston Churchill, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"....

In response to the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor? Big Grin

Obviously quoted from "History of the States of United" by Joe Biden.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I think many here run a greater risk of having a massive heart attack from being completely panicked over the ‘rona than they do of actually dying from the ‘rona.

If you have to constantly insist that you aren’t panicking, you probably are based upon some of the stuff being posted.

da 'rona.

like da bears and da "bola.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:.

I can't speak to Atlanta specifically, but in general, you can't assume that because a hospital has X ICU beds, it has X available ICU beds. On average in the US (I don't mean now, I mean in general, over the last few years), about 70% of ICU beds are in use.

That's why there has been so much talk about canceling elective procedures. It's an attempt to reduce the number of ICU beds in use for non-coronavirus patients. It doesn't make more ICU beds, but it makes more ICU beds available.

That's actually a good point. We aren't starting from empty ICUs. Maybe that's the answer. Still, if an extra 112 cases citywide overwhelms the system, then we are woefully underprepared for pandemics. They have happened before and they will continue to happen. Perhaps we need to finally allocate resources to preparing for them.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
We have the NY forecast and a time schedule. NY predicts their peak in 2 to 3 weeks, but if the bad scenario is true, we will see rapidly increasing NY numbers (and hospitalizations) at a rate of 2x every 3 days.

Gov. Cuomo himself reported yesterday that the rate of hospitalization in NY had decreased greatly since Sunday, citing distancing and lockdown as the reasons. It's still increasing, but not as quickly as before.

https://thehill.com/policy/hea...good-sign-and-headed

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not a Dr, nor do I pretend to be, but I do know a little about human nature.

How many of those people "need" to be in those beds?
Is is someone on deaths doorstep? Or someone who could recover from their own bed?

I'm not meaning this to be factious or derogatory, just an actual honest question.

Having worked on ICU and critical wards I’ve some insight. It takes a doctor to assign an ICU bed. I was called to a CCU as a patient needed a bed but, had to wait until one open up. I was handholding him and his family. Several hours later, he kneeled over. The they moved the “best” patient to the step down and him to the bed. He survived and I got a reality check of what the medical staff goes through.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Right now, right this second, the USA is 3rd in the world in cases. Less than 24 hours from now, on Friday, the USA passes both Italy and China numbers and will be in first place.

What this means? China's numbers are as fake as a strippers tits. Yeah the world totally believes those numbers. Not. And point 2, we are entering a point of rapid exponential growth and the next few weeks will be interesting.

As of 330 PM eastern

China 81,285 cases
Italy 80,589 cases
USA 79,082 cases

Didnt even take a day. Didnt even take two hours. USA now passes China and Italy for first place.

550 PM eastern update

USA 82,179 cases
China 81,285 cases
Italy 80,589 cases

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Trump to reporter: Who are you with?

Reporter: Bloomberg

Trump: How's Mike doing?

Big Grin

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Now that we're doing a lot more tests, we're getting a lot more positives. I think in Texas we're running about a 7% positive rate. The more people you test, the more positives you'll get.

And despite them having less cases, Italy has over 7 times the number of fatalities.

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
yeah, they are projecting around 214 million "cases". I will be looking at the recovered cases and we certainly are not first in deaths.

Posts: 3595 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
In NJ, we had 2,492 new cases added just today alone.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Dallas County has deemed that gun stores are essential business and will remain open. Gun sales up 500%. Gun stores in N. TX remain open.
Wish the damn ranges were open.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12935 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post