SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It could be worse... you could have a Governor like Kate Brown....

Oregon Governor Kate Brown Extends Emergency Declaration Past Independence Day

On Friday, Oregon Governor Kate Brown held a press conference to discuss the latest developments in the containment efforts of the Wuhan coronavirus, and how to implement safe reopening procedures for different parts of Oregon. She failed, however, to announce the specific framework of the reopening, and said she would extend the emergency declaration until July 6 — two days after Independence Day.

Although Brown has announced a gradual plan to allow businesses to reopen, her emergency declaration gives state agencies the ability to set their own rules for a longer period.

As of this past weekend, Oregon had 2,690 cases of COVID-19 and 109 deaths, putting them near the bottom of states in both numbers.

In her press conference, Brown said right off the bat, “I want to be clear. We will not be able to reopen Oregon quickly, or in one fell swoop.” She said that some rural counties could reopen by May 15, but it could take longer in counties with more than five cases of COVID-19.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-p...pendence-day-n387903

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
double counting

Those responsible for this should be ptchforked all the way out of this country.

That's some bold shit, really. It better be some legit misunderstanding, some accounting lingo issue, etc.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Google and read some of the psychological studies done on people locked away in solitary confinement. These people's mental health heads down hill quickly which is the reason solitary is used very judiciously. You cannot lock up the masses in their homes, then walk all over their other rights while the media continually whips up fear, without 'some' of these people responding very badly. If Whitmer and some of these other wannabe dictators don't back off, my bet is we're going to see a lot more incidents like this occur.

^^^^^^
Yeah. I mentioned this fact several weeks ago. Domestic violence calls are way up and thanks to the media a secondary mental health crisis is upon us.

Prior to this, slowing the suicide rate was a weekly thing on the news. It's been eerily quiet. I know from the scanner and talking to people suicidal subjects and suicides are off the charts in SE Michigan

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
People are not handling this well.
Google and read some of the psychological studies done on people locked away in solitary confinement. These people's mental health heads down hill quickly which is the reason solitary is used very judiciously. You cannot lock up the masses in their homes, then walk all over their other rights while the media continually whips up fear, without 'some' of these people responding very badly. If Whitmer and some of these other wannabe dictators don't back off, my bet is we're going to see a lot more incidents like this occur.

Perhaps tensions over being locked down and the excessive confinement rules by Michigans Dear Leader contributed.

Security Guard killed over COVID Rules

Three members of the same family are charged with murder in fatal shooting of Family Dollar security guard, 43, after he told a customer she needed to wear a face mask

A woman, along with her adult son and husband, have been charged in the fatal shooting of a Family Dollar security guard, after he refused to let her daughter enter the shop without a face mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Calvin Munerlyn, 43, a father of six, was shot dead on Friday around 1.40pm while working at a Family Dollar store located at 877 Fifth Avenue in Flint, Michigan.

Sharmel Teague, her husband Larry Teague, 44, and her son Ramonyea Bishop, 23, have been charged with first-degree premeditated murder and gun charges.

Munerlyn had told Sharmel she had to leave the store because her daughter lacked a mask, leading Teague to argue with the security guard.

A short while later two men later entered the store. Larry Teague yelled at Munerlyn about disrespecting his wife and Bishop shot Munerlyn in the back of the head, according to Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

Sharmel Teague has been arrested but Teague and Bishop remain at large.

Larry Teague faces additional charges of violating Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order mandating all customers and employees wear face coverings inside retail stores.

The premeditated murder charge in Michigan carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole if they are convicted.

No information has been released about the daughter that was not wearing a face mask.

'From all indications, Mr. Munerlyn was simply doing his job in upholding the Governor's Executive Order related to the COVID-19 pandemic for the safety of store employees and customers,' Leyton said in a statement Monday.

'It is important that the governor’s order be respected and adhered to, and for someone to lose their life over it is beyond comprehension,' he added.

Munerlyn was left laying in the doorway suffering a gunshot wound to the head.

He was taken to Hurley Medical Center, where he later succumbed to his wounds.

He was a doting father and beloved member of the community, known to his loved ones by his childhood nickname, 'Duper.'

He is survived by his wife of 10 years and their six children.

Munerlyn's eldest son also works at the same Family Dollar store but was not present when his father was killed.

After opening fire on the security guard, the suspects fled toward high-rise apartment buildings located behind the store.

On Sunday, about 150 relatives and friends gathered outside the Family Dollar on Fifth Avenue for an emotional candlelight vigil honoring Munerlyn.

Munerlyn’s mother, Bernadett, said she wants justice for her son.

'They didn’t have to take my baby and it wasn’t that serious,' she said.

'All you people just have to do is listen to the law, listen to the governor. Just stay home. If you don’t have to come out, then you wouldn’t need a mask unless you’re out getting groceries or necessities. All my baby was doing was his job working and doing his job.'

'It is incredibly sad that in this crisis that this life was lost. We are mindful of how important it is that people keep a level head, that we do the right things protecting ourselves and protecting others,' Gov. Whitmer told reporters Monday.

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
double counting
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Playing with numbers. They are doing it with the drug studies now. Gilead made a change in the primary endpoint just before the end of the remdesivir trial. Here is the link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...al-trial/ar-BB13ui2k

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sharmel Teague, her husband Larry Teague, 44, and her son Ramonyea Bishop, 23, have been charged with first-degree premeditated murder and gun charges.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was "confused" by "Larry" Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we sure that's not Wesley Snipes in disguise in the middle?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I don’t think that murder had anything to do with mental issues brought on by the lockdown. I think it is probably the culture of violence, pure and simple. SCUM.

Should just kill em now so they don’t contract the Rona in the slammer.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She looks more like 63 than 43.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think that murder had anything to do with mental issues brought on by the lockdown. I think it is probably the culture of violence, pure and simple. SCUM.

^^^^^^^^^^
Impulse control disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder. Criminals do get stressed and act out violently. As a rule they do not vent on internet forums.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
First... We've been warned before about attacking peoples appearance when discussing their actions.

This does speak to a larger issue in certain communities where 'disrespecting' someone is grounds for their (insert friend/relative) to kill you.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:

Should just kill em now so they don’t contract the Rona in the slammer.

It had an influence, as it was all started over the state of MI rule that you have to wear a mask everywhere.

The security guard telling Sharmel to put on a mask or leave, she goes and gets husband and son, guessing they got into an argument with the security guard and popped him in the head.

Systemic of the environment, sure, however even in the hood a bit over the top, but it all started over a mask violation

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
^^^^ you don't understand Flint.

They fully intended on killing this guy for the crime of 'disrespecting'. The fact that one started an argument and the other walked up from behind and shot him in the head says it all. Hood justice...

343 - Never Forget

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
You should see all the terrified sheep on Facebook scolding anyone who is for reopening. I would bet almost none of them work.

The worst one is 'The mortality rate is 1%. Pick out one or two of your relatives that you would be OK losing'.

That doesn't even come close to being mathematically correct.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16634 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The fear of the gullible is not my concern and it certainly shouldn't prevent me from moving about freely; no restrictions, no masks, no lectures from imbeciles who know less than nothing.

These people want to tell us that if we are in contact with ther people, we are putting their lives and our at risk. If that's even true, don't you think people know that there are risks? You're not God nor our nanny, so just piss off and mind your own business.

I'm not buying any of their fear-mongering, because what it amounts to is the government and their news media co-conspirators scaring the shit out of gullible people who can't think for themselves, who in turn are trying to subdue and scare the rest of us.

To these people I say, you don't know jack shit about what's really happening right now and I am not listening to you. I'm not wearing a mask- now or ever and I don't care about your new buzzwords and pointless "precautions". I can't even call your precautions ineffective, because there first would have to be something to freaking effect!!!!
It's a new world for you, huh? News flash for ya, Louis Pasteur- germs have always been on everything and always will be on everything, unless you live inside an autoclave. But, oh, it's all so new to you, huh? Roll Eyes

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Profile of a killer: the complex biology powering the coronavirus pandemic.
“Scientists are piecing together how SARS-CoV-2 operates, where it came from and what it might do next — but pressing questions remain about the source of COVID-19.”

An article from the science journal Nature. Too long to paste and clutter the forum with, but good summary information about the history of coronaviruses, how SAR-CoV-2 infects and its effects, and predictions for the future of the disease for those interested in details and current knowledge.

LINK

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47679 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Researchers hopeful new coronavirus mutation means virus is weakening: Study

https://www.washingtonexaminer...s-is-weakening-study

Some researchers are expressing optimism that a recent coronavirus mutation is a sign the virus could be weakening.

A newly published study concludes that a mutation in the coronavirus is genetically similar to a mutation in the SARS virus in 2003, suggesting the disease could be losing steam, according to the New York Post.

“One of the reasons why this mutation is of interest is because it mirrors a large deletion that arose in the 2003 SARS outbreak,” Dr. Efren Lim, lead study author and Arizona State professor, said about the genome deletion that was noticed.

Lim’s team used a technology called next-generation sequencing to read the genetic code of the coronavirus and found that out of 382 nasal swabs that were examined, a single sample was missing a significant portion of its genome. Eighty-one of the letters were permanently deleted.

Researchers say that during the middle and late phases of the SARS epidemic in 2003, the virus went through similar mutations that weakened its strength.

“Where the deletion occurs in the genome is pretty meaningful because it’s a known immune protein, which means it counteracts the host’s antiviral response,” Lim told the Daily Mail.

Researchers say this is the first time such a large deletion has been seen in the 16,000 that have been sequenced to date.

They add that the number of strains studied is less than 0.5% of the 3.6 million total confirmed cases.

“This is a drop in the bucket,” Lim told the Daily Mail.

“One sample is the convincing thing we need to say, 'Look at this,‘ meaning that if more coronavirus genomes are sequenced, scientists might find far more instances of this attenuated genome,” he added.

The coronavirus has killed over 70,000 people in the United States and at least 250,000 worldwide.

Posts: 13072 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local news story here: {Only in the South} Bless your Heart!

"How to politely tell someone to keep their social distance"

I refuse to post the MALARKY quoted in this article. I know what we said in Chicago and it was not polite, but it worked.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I went to help a neighborhood lady across the way with her mower yesterday, and she literally squawked at me in rapid succession "six feet", "six feet", in a frantic way, too, as I casually approached she and her mower, outside, from 20ft and closing.

I thought, ease up Screechy McScreechface, I am wielding a can of gasolone. Don't tempt me. Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post