SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
More info to show the manipulation of COVID “deaths”...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

My 89yo Father died the morning of 4/11/20, had been in the hospital last Nov, Dec, and Jan for progressively worsening COPD and CHF accompanied with pneumonia on each visit.

Within 2-hours of being admitted (afternoon of 4/9) they claimed he tested positive for COVID. On 4/10 they said pneumonia was back as well.

Sure enough, death certificate lists “COVID-19”.

While it it is a serious concern, I believe it is being severely overblown and manipulated for a number of different reason and interests. Hard for folks to stay scared of the “Bogey man” once everyone realizes he isn’t real...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now a related story...
91-year-old Georgia woman stays busy doing fashion shows while quarantined

ALBANY, GA (WGCL ) — Things are slowly opening up, and people are waiting to get back to life as we knew it.

Despite being in a high-risk group–one Georgia woman isn’t wasting any time.

“I’ve got three closets full of clothes…and jewelry like you wouldn’t believe,” said 91-year-old Betty McDonald.

Dressed to the nines, with nowhere to go, McDonald is dusting off her wardrobe.

“Every day she does a different outfit, and I take pictures,” said Kim Taylor, her caregiver.

McDonald, who loves being outside, traveling, and socializing, was having a tough time given the circumstances.

“It’s a very sad time, it’s heartbreaking,” McDonald added.

“She went from sitting around to all blah, blah, blah, to ok, I’m ready, let me go get this next outfit,” Taylor said.

So, McDonald decided to shift her focus.

“I mentioned to my caretaker that I sure miss getting dressed up,” added McDonald.

Taylor wanted McDonald to get her mind off things, and decided to host a daily fashion show with the fashionista.

“I like flashy stuff as you can tell,” said McDonald, as she showed off her outfit.

Her husband passed away in 2007, and she doesn’t have any kids.

But they’ve sent the videos to family, friends, and neighbors hoping to give some people a laugh and help lift their spirits.

“She has lots of people telling her that it’s reminded them that there’s more to life than watching television, and hearing the latest on COVID-19,” said Taylor.

She was very anxious about the coronavirus since she is elderly, but since doing this video, she has been so pre-occupied with sharing it, and decided she doesn’t want to wait to live her best life.

“At 91, she is in the high-risk group, as far as, if something should happen, and she told me once, I don’t know how much longer I have to live, yet she can find joy in doing something for today,” Taylor said.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/news/trendin...s-while-quarantined/

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week the President was interviewed by a local talk host. He was asked about the decision to shut everything down and he said that he didn't want to and yes, the initial death projections were overblown but maybe, or even likely close to a million people could have died if we didn't close everything down.
I doubt he believes that. He can't come out and say "Damn, we fucked up people. The experts were pompous, know nothing asses. You all lost you're jobs for nothing. Sorry." I know he can't do that but at the same time, I just can't stand having that dead wrong idea being reinforced by the President. One million people were not going to die, not even remotely close to that. It just pisses me off that it's now the official propaganda.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3525 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So hospitals get more money for COVID19 patients...

Not surprising that 'lots' of people have or die with COVID19...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That would never happen! (When hospitals are losing money)

That'd be the equivalent to people staying home and collecting unemployment, when they could go back to work for less money and that never happens...
....Oh, WAIT... on second thought.

Make money or do the right thing.... hummm.. that's a tough decision for most people.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
We cannot let this happen again. I'm older. You younger guys are the ones likely to see something like this again. You have to push back and you have to push back hard.

Smile Wink

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Last week the President was interviewed by a local talk host. He was asked about the decision to shut everything down and he said that he didn't want to and yes, the initial death projections were overblown but maybe, or even likely close to a million people could have died if we didn't close everything down.
I doubt he believes that. He can't come out and say "Damn, we fucked up people. The experts were pompous, know nothing asses. You all lost you're jobs for nothing. Sorry." I know he can't do that but at the same time, I just can't stand having that dead wrong idea being reinforced by the President. One million people were not going to die, not even remotely close to that. It just pisses me off that it's now the official propaganda.

It's not that. If Trump had done less, the Democrats and news outlets would have roasted him, day in and day out. Being an election year and all.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, if I was to summarize y'all

What you are saying is that the Russia Collusion Hoax was not the biggest hoax of recent times

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

The best way to increase the number of affected, by anything, is to make them eligible for some extra benefit whatever it may be.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those in Virginia, looks like AG Barr and DOJ have finally become involved over Northam's prohibiting church attendance. Have to wait and see how it plays out but they need to step in against other states dictatorial edicts as well on this and other things.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...churches/ar-BB13yA8c

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
A study involving a little over 900 people from 400 households in a town from a German county that saw an early fast-spreading outbreak suggests that 15 percent of the population were infected at some point, resulting in a projected case fatality rate of 0.37 percent. That's quite close to early expectations of 0.4 based upon data from the time mainly China and some other Asian countries were affected. Significance is limited with such a small sample, but scaled up to the national level it would mean Germany has so far had 1.8 million infections rather than the ca. 166,000 confirmed; again, not too far from the suggestion that only one in ten cases is registered. The study says about 20 percent were asymptomatic, and a lot more probably never bothered to see a doctor, or were diagnosed with COVID if they did. Of course the counterpoint remains that some of the latter might have died of it and never showed up as such in statistics either.

Posts: 2412 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has speculated that China could have unleashed the coronavirus due to some kind of horrible “mistake.” His intelligence agencies say they are still examining a notion put forward by the president and aides that the pandemic may have resulted from an accident at a Chinese lab.

almost

but I don't believe it was a mistake - I think it was done deliberately

the Chinese military do not make these kinds of mistakes

they knew precisely what they were doing, covered it up, allowed the massive travel between India, Italy and Spain to continue to hasten the spread and the severity

it was their attempt at biological warfare

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Wonder if anyone has any good numbers on the 'testing'. Been trying to find good numbers on false positives and false negatives. I've seen (from source to source) fairly consistent NPV (Negative Predictive Value - a person testing negative being truly negative) in the 98 - 99% range. Meaning false negatives are relatively rare. But I can't find consistent data on PPV (Positive Predictive Value - a person testing positive is truly positive). Numbers I'm seeing there are all over the place. Error rates for false positives ranging from 5% to 50%. This is for the rRT-PCR testing. Haven't seen any for the other test methods.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
quote:

The best way to increase the number of affected, by anything, is to make them eligible for some extra benefit whatever it may be.

It has already happened, at least for folks under medicaid/medicare, extra 20% payment for Covid deaths. Which is why the shit, HCA hospital my wife works for, clamored for all of the local Covid patients

Man do I hate that place

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was helping some hateful old hag at work yesterday and had to listen to a 10 minute anti Trump rant. Did you guys know he singlehandedly destroyed the CDC? Roll Eyes

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you guys know he singlehandedly destroyed the CDC? Roll Eyes

He's in a trick box with Fauci. I think he should have fired the guy at least a month ago when it became apparent that these models were all wrong. But can you imagine the bad press and the little old brainwashed ladies if he fires Dr. Fauci?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I was helping some hateful old hag at work yesterday and had to listen to a 10 minute anti Trump rant. Did you guys know he singlehandedly destroyed the CDC? Roll Eyes

Good for him.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why is this such a hard concept for people to understand?

This explains why in several areas you have one hospital inundated with patients and another nearby hospital laying people off. The inundated hospital doesn't want to spread the money tree to another hospital, they would rather keep as many covid patients as possible. Nursing homes are fighting for covid patients in my area, gee I wonder why?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
Wonder if anyone has any good numbers on the 'testing'.

You are looking for specific numbers, but looking for good overall numbers on COVID-19, it isn't ever going to happen because testing isn't even close to widespread enough.

I have a good friend, a cyclist, he has been riding all over Orlando, enjoying the lower traffic volume. Last week he happened to ride by a drive through testing site. There was not a single car in line, all of the health cares workers were standing around with nothing to do, so he rode his bicycle up and asked, "Can I get tested?" The response was, "You have to make an appointment." So he pulled out his cell phone and called the appointment number. They offered him an appointment x number of days in the future. He said, "But I am here now, and there isn't a single person currently being tested." And to them, it did not matter, so he did not get tested.

The point being that testing is not widespread enough so that we will ever know what truly happened. Whether this only affected 1% of the population or 20%. Whether the death rate is .04 of infected or 3.5% of infected.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The point being that testing is not widespread enough so that we will ever know what truly happened. Whether this only affected 1% of the population or 20%. Whether the death rate is .04 of infected or 3.5% of infected.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Good point. Testing needs to be expanded to those who do not meet criteria. Somehow folks like Sean Payton, and Rand Paul managed to get tested even though they did not meet criteria.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post