SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Who they gonna tax? The closed businesses? The unemployed people?

In 3 months the financial effects of shutting down the economy will start to take hold.

Here county pays for everything from property taxes. I just got my bill yesterday, big surprise, it went up. They previously had said they weren't going to raise the tax, so instead they just raised my assessed value. Net effect = higher tax bill.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
On top of the inevitable local tax increases, everyone will also be begging for federal dollars.

De Blasio has even gone so far as to say that unless NYC gets federal money, he's not reopening the city.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Net effect = higher tax bill.

Yep. Tax bills are going to be bigger. It will take a long time to recover from the economic damage caused by the shutdown. There will be fewer businesses and less sales tax revenue but instead of spending less money most local government entities will try to make up revenue short falls by sticking it to property owners.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
De Blasio has even gone so far as to say that unless NYC gets federal money, he's not reopening the city.

Can we just wall it off and be done with it? Cool

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Interesting watch.

I found another copy... this one has Spanish subtitles.
PlanDemic, il piano globale per prendere il controllo delle nostre vite, libertà e salute

Damn... it won't embed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW58fbYfZZg

-rduckwor

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I'm all for it! The plans have been drawn up for years BTW Wink

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
There will be fewer businesses and less sales tax revenue but instead of spending less money most local government entities will try to make up revenue short falls by sticking it to property owners.

I have been saying this was going to happen anyway as a result of e-commerce. I don't want to see a single Amazon customer complain.

Not only did e-commerce hurt the locals prior to this, but once the government shut everything local down so many people turned to online sources which will hammer us even more.

Before they raise my taxes, I'm going to demand that Amazon and similar gets their records subpoenaed. I want to see use tax audits with fines and interest collected from tax evaders before I pay a single cent in increased rates.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we just wall it off and be done with it?

What's wrong with a bulldozer?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before they raise my taxes, I'm going to demand that Amazon and similar gets their records subpoenaed. I want to see use tax audits with fines and interest collected from tax evaders before I pay a single cent in increased rates.

If you don't pay, they'll just put a lien on your property.
After 3 years they can sell it on the courthouse steps for the back taxes.

-rduckwor

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
They'll just put a lien on your property.

I didn't say I wasn't going to pay.

But why should we look at increasing taxes when we already have laws on the books and law breakers to collect from?

Low hanging fruit first. Liens on their property first.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ At least you're in St. Charles County where they aren't as tax-happy as here. Smile

-rduckwor

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Interesting watch.

Video censored.

Big surprise, they want to censor the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQYPi0Wm6OE

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have no problem with that.

Another viable option... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Net effect = higher tax bill.

Yep. Tax bills are going to be bigger. It will take a long time to recover from the economic damage caused by the shutdown. There will be fewer businesses and less sales tax revenue but instead of spending less money most local government entities will try to make up revenue short falls by sticking it to property owners.
And that may fall flat if foreclosures trend up significantly. As my grandfather used to tell us kids all the time, "you can't squeeze water from a rock". And in this case, you can't squeeze tax revenue out of people who are broke.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Mayor of Nashville is proposing 35% tax increase... I’m sure they will drop it once the virus expense has been covered. Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
No good deed...

Never trust a democrat.

Utah health care workers who volunteered in NY may have to pay state income taxes
BY MCKENZIE STAUFFER
WEDNESDAY, MAY 6TH 2020

(KUTV) — Healthcare workers, including some from Utah, who traveled to New York to help fight the coronavirus pandemic will have to pay state taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday.

"We're not in a position to provide any subsidies right now because we have a $13 billion deficit," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.

So there's a lot of good things I'd like to do, and if we get federal funding, we can do, but it would be irresponsible for me to sit here looking at a $13 billion deficit and say I'm gonna spend more money, when I can't even pay the essential services.

PIX 11 reports that even though the state government asked for thousands of people to come to New York form out of state, those workers will have to pay New York state taxes. This also includes taxes on income the workers may make from their home states that they’re paid while in New York.

Any out-of-state resident who came to New York to work on coronavirus relief is subject to the tax after 14 days, PIX 11 reports.

Cuomo said Tuesday that he needs help from Washington in order to cover budge deficits from COVID-19 and subsidize state income tax for the out-of-state essential workers.

"If we don't get more money from Washington, we can't fund schools, right, so at the rate we want to fund them. We are in dire financial need," he said.

Teams from Intermountain Healthcare spent two weeks in New York helping health care workers on the front lines of coronavirus.

Each team consisted of 50 caregivers, including: physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, respiratory therapists and other healthcare professionals.

https://kjzz.com/news/local/ut...y-state-income-taxes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cuomo said Tuesday that he needs help from Washington in order to cover budge deficits from COVID-19 and subsidize state income tax for the out-of-state essential workers.

Nice, play on the workers income to blackmail Trump... If I were there helping I'd be leaving NY today and tell them to F-themselves...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The demoKKKrat-controlled states that are planning on remaining locked down for another month or 6 weeks are not doing it because of public health concerns:

1. They think this will ruin the President's re-election
2. They're hoping that the feds will bail them out after July (when extra fed unemployment payments end)

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These were PAID volunteers. The Red Sox have to pay income tax when they play in New York. I do not understand why this is an issue. Petition the Governor or Legislature if you want a change.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Nice, play on the workers income to blackmail Trump... If I were there helping I'd be leaving NY today and tell them to F-themselves...

Amazing plan. Beg for out of state workers to come save your state, then use them to backfill the results of your bad decisions. When that won't fill the pot, blame Washington.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post