SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
That's easy, their 1st Amendment right to freedom of the press trump your 1st Amendment rights of freedom of religion and the right to "peacefully gather".

Posts: 1831 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gee...never saw this coming! Roll Eyes

Inmates committing crimes after coronavirus release ‘unconscionable’: de Blasio

It is “unconscionable” that Rikers Island inmates who were released due to coronavirus concerns are committing new crimes, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday.

“I think it’s unconscionable just on a human level that folks were shown mercy and this is what some of them have done,” the mayor said during his morning briefing Monday, which came on the heels of a Post report outlining the issue.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

It is “unconscionable” that Rikers Island inmates who were released due to coronavirus concerns are committing new crimes, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday. “I think it’s unconscionable just on a human level that folks were shown mercy and this is what some of them have done,” the mayor said during his morning briefing Monday, which came on the heels of a Post report outlining the issue.

I’d call DeBlasio an idiot but that’s an insult to idiots. Damn.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3992 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is this guy serious?

The problem with every single leftist who dreams of utopia is spelled out right there. He or she simply has no concept or relationship whatsoever with the human condition.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30650 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Ya cain't fix stupid.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Ya cain't fix stupid.

Can't even introduce it to a 2x4 anymore ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16577 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Good news: https://www.wrdw.com/content/n...omies-569789821.html

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3992 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Ya cain't fix stupid.

You can fix it, but killing these idiots is still illegal unfortunately.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Apologies if I missed this post. Dan Crenshaw hands Bill Maher his ass on Trump reacting to the virus.
https://youtu.be/glTApyQmox0

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Good news: https://www.wrdw.com/content/n...omies-569789821.html

GA Gov. Brian Kemp is reopening sectors of the economy beginning Friday

Woo Hoo! I am getting a bit shaggy and craving Guac from my favorite place for a while now

Posts: 5401 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that some governors are showing some common sense and starting to open things. Just saw that Tennessee's governor will not extend his stay home order past April 30.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

GA Gov. Brian Kemp is reopening sectors of the economy beginning Friday

Woo Hoo! I am getting a bit shaggy and craving Guac from my favorite place for a while now

Excellent. Hopefully this is the beginning of the dominoes as the states start opening up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30650 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/jo...s-4-la-county-virus/

USC-LA County: Antibody Testing Suggests 4% Of LA County Has Had The Virus

Earlier this month researchers from the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine set up drive-thru testing sites in six locations around LA County. The researchers used a proprietary database they say is “representative” of the entire county and gave people an antibody test.

Based on results of the first round of testing, the research team estimates that approximately 4.1% of the county’s adult population has antibody to the virus. Adjusting this estimate for statistical margin of error implies about 2.8% to 5.6% of the county’s adult population has antibody to the virus- which translates to approximately 221,000 to 442,000 adults in the county who have had the infection. That estimate is 28 to 55 times higher than the 7,994 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the county by the time of the study in early April.

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TN Gov. Lee: ‘Safer at Home’ order to expire April 30, phased reopening to begin next week

https://www.wjhl.com/local-cor...-to-expire-april-30/

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee has announced that his “Safer at Home” order will expire on April 30.

The governor said the vast majority of businesses in 89 counties will be allowed to reopen on May 1, but his administration will work with Sullivan, Shelby, Madison, Davidson, Hamilton, and Knox counties as they plan their own reopening strategies.

“Our Economic Recovery Group is working with industry leaders around the clock so that some businesses can open as soon as Monday, April 27,” said Gov. Lee in a news release. “These businesses will open according to specific guidance that we will provide in accordance with state and national experts in both medicine and business.”

“While I am not extending the safer at home order past the end of April, we are working directly with our major metropolitan areas to ensure they are in a position to reopen as soon and safely as possible,” Lee said. “Social distancing works, and as we open up our economy it will be more important than ever that we keep social distancing as lives and livelihoods depend on it.”

Posts: 12857 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/archives/jo...s-4-la-county-virus/

USC-LA County: Antibody Testing Suggests 4% Of LA County Has Had The Virus

That estimate is 28 to 55 times higher than the 7,994 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the county by the time of the study in early April.

What I'm getting from that is that these lockdowns are utterly pointless at this point.

But don't take my word for it.

Swedish expert: why lockdowns are the wrong policy

That was one of the more extraordinary interviews we have done here at UnHerd.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/bfN2JWifLCY

Professor Johan Giesecke, one of the world’s most senior epidemiologists, advisor to the Swedish Government (he hired Anders Tegnell who is currently directing Swedish strategy), the first Chief Scientist of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and an advisor to the director general of the WHO, lays out with typically Swedish bluntness why he thinks:

UK policy on lockdown and other European countries are not evidence-based

The correct policy is to protect the old and the frail only

This will eventually lead to herd immunity as a “by-product”

The initial UK response, before the “180 degree U-turn”, was better

The Imperial College paper was “not very good” and he has never seen an unpublished paper have so much policy impact

The paper was very much too pessimistic

Any such models are a dubious basis for public policy anyway

The flattening of the curve is due to the most vulnerable dying first as much as the lockdown

The results will eventually be similar for all countriesCovid-19 is a “mild disease” and similar to the flu, and it was the novelty of the disease that scared people.

The actual fatality rate of Covid-19 is the region of 0.1%

At least 50% of the population of both the UK and Sweden will be shown to have already had the disease when mass antibody testing becomes available

https://unherd.com/thepost/com...lessons-from-sweden/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is “unconscionable” that Rikers Island inmates who were released due to coronavirus concerns are committing new crimes, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday.

“I think it’s unconscionable just on a human level that folks were shown mercy and this is what some of them have done,” the mayor said during his morning briefing Monday, which came on the heels of a Post report outlining the issue.

What the ever livin' Hell did you think would happen? You take people out of an environment where they get three hots and a cot, medical care, and hours for exercise, and place them on the streets in an environment where all businesses are closed so they aren't hiring, no money and limited, if any, access to the SNaP food program, not signed up for Medicaid, and with no money to get a place to live, and you're surprised they commit crimes? What a maroon!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31595 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least 50% of the population of both the UK and Sweden will be shown to have already had the disease when mass antibody testing becomes available

Well yeah, if that’s not until 2022 at current pace.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12509 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That sound? That's millions of leftist heads exploding. Dang, gonna make one hell of a mess.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ooh, some caravanners are going to have a looong wait in Mexico, yes indeedy.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post