SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Well, it's official. I tested positive for coronavirus. Today marks the first day I haven't required any fever reducer, so I'm at the end of it already. The worst was a week ago when I was miserable and immobile.

The good news is that once I'm done with this, I'll be immune. My symptoms only got better every day.

Tony.

Glad that you are on the mend!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

The good news is that once I'm done with this, I'll be immune. My symptoms only got better every day.

Tony.

Nice! You're like Deadpool now. Pretty sweet.

Seriously, that's good news. Glad to hear it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it's official. I tested positive for coronavirus. Today marks the first day I haven't required any fever reducer, so I'm at the end of it already. The worst was a week ago when I was miserable and immobile.

The good news is that once I'm done with this, I'll be immune. My symptoms only got better every day. Give all 86,000 of us a pint of your blood.. Big Grin

Tony.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Great news Benny 6!

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
While you guys are tossing numbers around, keep in mind, there are deaths that impact us due to Covid-19.
I just learned yesterday, my friend and musician, Lou Kouvaris died from Corona related illness.
He was 66.
Inducted into Heavy Metal Hall of Fame in January.
He was in NY.

Article here:
http://www.metalunderground.co...ls.cfm?newsid=147038

He was a super great guy, and he and I were planning to meet after the summer.

He was a big fan of my coffee.

Shine on Lou.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tony.

I'd still be careful; whistleblowers in China claim reinfection can occur and possibly be worse than the first go around. Glad you're getting over it.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/19/...ction-even-deadlier/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Benny. May I ask how old you are?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tony.

Great to hear !!

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
That info is out of date by 5 weeks - and earlier in the thread it was explained that the 're-infected' were actually people who hadn't been tested correctly or had provided a 'false negative' on the tests they were using at the time before they were discharged.

And, of course, it was a report from China. So, consider the source.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Northam issues shelter in place order for next 2.5 MONTHS.

That's a little excessive one might think. Could have said 30 days then revaluate or pretty much anything else but what was issues. Why is 6/9 so much more dangerous than 6/11?

Wow.

Shelter-in-place is rather extreme. Is there an actual technical difference between a stay-at-home directive and a shelter-in-place order? Currently Utah is the former and only for two weeks.

Yeah, all these states will soon be begging the Feds for another trillion or two dollars.

I don't know if there is a distinction. Article linked calls it a stay at home order. Was not trying to be sensationalist.

Parks remain open, grocery shopping and banks open. Was doing stuff while listening to press briefing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got an emergency call from Denver ,
Long time friend was down to 2 rolls of t.p.,

guess what it costs to send 12 rolls of tp from the quad cities to denver Eek

6 lbs 3 oz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Good to hear Benny. May I ask how old you are?

I'm 46 years old.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I'd still be careful; whistleblowers in China claim reinfection can occur and possibly be worse than the first go around. Glad you're getting over it.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/19/...ction-even-deadlier/

That would go against every law of virology that we now know. I don't believe it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
guess what it costs to send 12 rolls of tp from the quad cities to denver Eek

Is it wise to advertise the fact you have 12 rolls of TP you can spare?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well I don't have it now, it's on it's way .

$40.00 !
I about fell over.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A WH coronavirus task force brief today at 5pm EDT

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Gettin' testy down in Florida:

Arrest Warrant issued for Tampa megachurch pastor who held service after Stay At Home was ordered...

Something something Lead Balloon....

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I don't know if there is a distinction. Article linked calls it a stay at home order. Was not trying to be sensationalist.

Parks remain open, grocery shopping and banks open. Was doing stuff while listening to press briefing.

You're probably right, not much of a distinction.

And sorry, was not trying to imply you were being sensationalistic.

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Arrest Warrant issued for Tampa megachurch pastor who held service after Stay At Home was ordered...

Hmmm, arresting people for going to worship...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Are these politicians insane?

I think the pastor and probably every person who attend that service is... let's say not smart.

However, do those in charge really want to go after Freedom of Assembly and Freedom of Religion at the same time?

That is not a fight I would ever, ever pick.

Posts: 2291 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so lucky! Today in my e-mail was an offer to buy a miracle oil that cures C19.
Wonder how such a vital offer wound up in my spam file? Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post