SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I predict, that if states lock down and force people to stay in their homes until 30 April, the suicide rate will climb significantly.

As will domestic assaults, murders, and likely the divorce rate.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But wait! Ignore those past flu numbers, we could have millions more deaths on top of that! We have to stay home! The hostpitals! The masks! The ventilators! The horror!

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3631 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I swear to God, when all of this is over and the data has been analyzed, I'm not just going to say "I told you so." No, I'm going to shout it, and I'm going to try to have a good laugh, despite the real-world damage done by all these panicky cattle and posturing bureaucrats.

I can't wait. I cannot wait for the truth to shut these people up. This is just so wrong, one of the most needless travesties in our lives, and we need the truth to come out ASAP.

Para, I truly hope you are right. I'll be first in line to eat crow and happy to do it.
Get in line now to beat the crowd. This is a sample of what I commonly refer to as 'Bullshit on Steroids'. How many hurricanes have we seen the media and politicos whip the public into a frenzy over, only to endure some rain and wind. I just hope the American public will react with as much interest when they learn they and their economy have been totally screwed over by a bunch of attention whoring politicians and 'experts', and demand those people be burnt at the stake for what they've done to this country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

I don't know what will end up happening, but "social distancing" doesn't necessarily imply "stay at home" orders. It could just mean "stay six feet away from random people and don't gather in large crowds."

Remember that Trump's original statement about ending by Easter was something like he wanted packed churches on Easter Sunday.

But what does that change? Bars and restaurants will still be closed, salons and barbershop closed, gyms closed, schools closed, churches closed, travel restrictions...how can anything improve under those conditions?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Went fishing again today. Caught 10 rainbows, brought four home. Got soaking ass wet from rain and the wind blew at times, but I was out of the house. Boat is fueled and ready to go again tomorrow. I love the smell of 2-stroke exhaust in the morning!

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I predict, that if states lock down and force people to stay in their homes until 30 April, the suicide rate will climb significantly.

As will domestic assaults, murders, and likely the divorce rate.

Well I’m not gonna predict anything but....

I’m already seeing this play out on the news via shootings and wrecks. I just ran out myself and picked up some chicken. People are driving like it’s December 24th and the stores are gonna close. Everyone was speeding. Stop light as soon as it’s green, pedal to the floor. They are driving like a big bag of dicks. I just saw and felt the tension. But that’s what the herd of sheep do, panic. There was a lady, late 20’s African-American, in a convertible VW, with the top down. My goodness, she was on my 6 getting onto the highway, tried to go around me on a one lane entrance onto the highway, thought better of that, so got a foot off my bumper and I’m driving normal, which is quick not fast. I get onto the highway, she punches it past me, probably 90 mph minimum. LE has someone pulled over already, so she jams on the brakes. Then gets stuck behind an 18 wheeler. By this time, by being cool I’m in the fast lane doing 10 mph over. Here she comes screaming down the highway at 100 mph. She wasn’t the only one doing that either. Everyone’s speed was up 10-20 mph from normal. Very panicky. This shit is at the weeks stage not a month. Costco runs are going to get interesting. Better take more magazines.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12947 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
But what does that change? Bars and restaurants will still be closed, salons and barbershop closed, gyms closed, schools closed, churches closed, travel restrictions...how can anything improve under those conditions?

All of that may very well still be in effect on April 30 - but all of that stuff goes beyond just "follow social distancing guidelines."

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yahoo is trash.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

Another month at least of this nonsense. Jesus, Mary, & Joseph.

Guaranteed we'll see another atrocious spending bill.

Now they're throwing out death numbers into the millions if we did absolutely nothing. Seems like they're trying to justify destroying the best economy ever not to mention thousands and thousands of lives.

With all the bickering going on in this thread, was quite disappointed this went completely unnoticed!

Frick!

Another month of this shit?
So by extrapolation, we're never going to see any more toilet paper for the next couple months as the sheep continue to horde every paper product they can get their hands on. Mad

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yahoo is trash.

I'm not sure which "grim warning" they're talking about, but the other part is true-ish.

Edit: sorry Para.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Multiple copies of images on the page. There's no need for this.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another month at least of this nonsense. Jesus, Mary, & Joseph.

Guaranteed we'll see another atrocious spending bill.

Yup, and just like that, I just saw another news headline asking the question if $2 trillion will be enough.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Prine was hospitalized on Thursday and intubated last night Frown

That sucks. I hope he pulls through.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
These experts are focusing on the wrong topic, number counting and political gamesmanship.

How can we best protect ourselves while we go back to work and attempt to save our economy and way of life for future generations?

That is the only question which matters.
Else we are simply extending the life of some so that all can live in a depressed economy where far more will die.

This insanity must stop!

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not sure which "grim warning" they're talking about, but the other part is true-ish.

"True-ish"? Give us a break, man. That headline was deliberately and clearly misleading. Why are you defending those ghouls?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
With everyone packing around bottles of alcohol based hand sanitizer, I gotta wonder if you weave a lil while driving and a LEO pulls you over, asks if you've been drinking, you reply its your hand sanitizer sir. He says, "You been drinking hand sanitizer boy"? And you hiccup... Big Grin

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
"True-ish"? Give us a break, man. That headline was deliberately and clearly misleading. Why are you defending those ghouls?

If you think President Trump's tweet didn't talk about "how his press briefings measure up against the Bachelor," I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I wasn't defending Yahoo News, I phrased it the way I did because often overtly critical headlines like that about President Trump require a much larger stretch to get to (i.e., they're either just plain wrong or require more mental gymnastics).

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
John Prine was hospitalized on Thursday and intubated last night Frown

That sucks. I hope he pulls through.

I've always liked him. My wife bought us tickets a while back to go see him in June. I hoped the social distancing thing would be over by then. I don't care so much about not seeing him, I just hope he pulls through.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Senator Tom Cotton on virus and China.

As bad as things are, this is a wake up call!

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you think President Trump's tweet didn't talk about "how his press briefings measure up against the Bachelor," I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

That's clear as day, but it's obvious to any honest person that he was making the point that his message is popular and reaching a lot of Americans and that the media doesn't like it. The implication in that headline is that President Trump cares more about ratings than helping people, and that was implied deliberately.

Certainly you didn't need this explained to you, so what was the point of saying it was "true-ish"?

Yahoo and the leftist media are trash. Period. That headline proves it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)