SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Yahoo News is about on par with CNN, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was true. It would fit perfectly.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16577 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I trust yahoo news about as much as I do Communist China. Perhaps if they actually cited a source, but of course they didn't.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30671 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I believe nothing from the commies or 95% of the MSM. One in the same really.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The neighbor has three kids now being home schooled.

The eldest has been suspended, the middle kid expelled, and the youngest (first grader) is wondering who's really being punished. (I'm teaching the two older kids (jr high and fifth grade) how to reload, drink beer, and swear like a sailor.) Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14077 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Spotted over Chicago:

Now we know it's bad:

Illinois Governor Lists Gun Stores as ‘Essential,’ Exempts Them from Forced Shutdown

When Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) issued an executive order Friday to put a statewide shutdown in place, he exempted gun and ammunition stores by labeling them “essential.”

The order, titled “Executive Order in Response to COVID-19 (COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8),” contains various headings, under which are listings of businesses considered “essential” for day-to-day life. Under the heading, “Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations,” the order makes clear that “firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers” can remain open, noting that they serve the purposes of “safety and security.”

The Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb reacted to Pritzker’s recognition of the “essential” nature of firearms to the American life by saying, “When an anti-gun Democrat Governor declares that essential businesses includes firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security, that is really a big deal. Every Governor should copy the Illinois example when issuing stay in place and business closure orders in the face of the Corona Virus.”

The businesses not listed as “essential” will be closing at 5 p.m. on March 21, 2020, per the Executive Order.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...rom-forced-shutdown/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4615 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
What a typical ploy.

Declares gun shops to be "essential" now that those stores have virtually no inventory left and God help you if your NICS check comes back "delayed" because the NICS people are giving dates in mid- to late-April for when the gun can be transferred without a "Approved" response.

Still, it must have been agony for him to sign that order.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31614 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
No different then putting up a "FREE TP" sign in the supermarket -----------oops- we don't have any!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4615 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
What a typical ploy.

Declares gun shops to be "essential" now that those stores have virtually no inventory left and God help you if your NICS check comes back "delayed" because the NICS people are giving dates in mid- to late-April for when the gun can be transferred without a "Approved" response.

Still, it must have been agony for him to sign that order.

Probably meaningless in the current crisis, but this official declaration will have value in future lawsuits against IL state gun control regulations.

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with the No Agenda Podcast? I try to listen as often as I can; this is a pretty good deconstruction of the Corona situation. I think it’s worth the time to listen to…they are a bit ‘animated’ but the info is pretty interesting to listen to. https://mp3s.nashownotes.com/N...2020-03-19-Final.mp3

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12374 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

As if ANYONE believes a word the Chinese government says in the first place...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
Went to Wegmans today

I had to pick up a few things from Giant and noted the following which was kind of a shock to me as I’ve never seen it quite this severe:

Meat cases stripped bare
All paper towels, TP etc stripped bare
All meds like flu medications, ibuprofen, etc stripped bare
All Vitamin C stripped bare

Most other things seemed OK.

What was really bizarre was the cheerful female voice over the PA system urging everyone to practice good “social distance”, I felt like I was in some kind of twisted dystopian nightmare USA. Eek

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

As if ANYONE believes a word the Chinese government says in the first place...

Or gives a damn if some talking head over at CNN Plaza tries to call them a racist for knowing BS when they see it.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Stopped at Safeway today to pick up a few things and as I stepped into the line for self-checkout, one of the employees was going down the line asking us to stand 6 feet from each other which made the lines even longer; however, when you're at the self-checkout, you're within 3 1/2 feet of the other folks at self-checkout Roll Eyes

A few people with disposable gloves and some others with masks.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4345 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Sundance at Conservative Treehouse is presenting evidence that Dr Fauci is deep state and aligned with Hillery/Obama. I noticed today PDJT addressed him numerous times as Tony, the way Fauci signed his love letter to Hillery.

https://theconservativetreehou...e-1/#comment-7960047

FTA:

There’s been a debate about possible political motives surrounding the panic he has created; the massive economic damage he has inflicted; and the conflicting assertions of National Institute of Allergy and Infections Diseases (NIAID) Director Dr. Anthony Fauci.

CTH identifies the motives as sketchy. He appears to use his position to advance theories and yet position himself to avoid scrutiny.

Sometimes within a 24 hour period Fauci will make a statement, then contradict the initial assertion, then attempt to cloud his own conflict with obtuse and wordy explanations. After watching for several weeks, we called it out HERE.

Perhaps one way to help see through the professional obfuscation, and identify just exactly how political Dr. Fauci is, would be to: compare and contrast Dr. Fauci under President Obama in September 2009 after 3,000 to 4,000 H1N1 deaths in the USA -vs- Dr. Fauci under President Trump in March 2020 after 200 to 300 COVID-19 deaths.

Now, to better absorb the information…. According to the CDC final estimate of 2009 U.S. H1N1 cases (published in 2011): from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million U.S. cases, 274,304 U.S. hospitalizations, and 12,469 U.S. deaths occurred due to H1N1. That’s the empirical data.

After: (1) watching that 2009 video. (2) Considering the 2009 H1N1 response to the current 2020 to COVID-19 response; and (3) reviewing the empirical data; we must admit to ourselves there is a VERY BIG difference. So now, with the baseline established, we look for why such a big difference; and to do that we (4) evaluate the politics:...

The concept of “flattening” the virus curve; the presumptive reason for social distancing and shutting down the U.S. economy; is based on a theory to extend the spread of COVID-19 to a lesser incident rate over a longer duration, thereby lessening the burden on the U.S. healthcare system. Hence, ‘flatten’ the spike in infections.

Put another way: “Flattening” means the same number of people eventually contract the virus, only they do so over a longer period of time, and the healthcare system can treat everyone because the numbers do not rise to level where the system is overloaded. In theory that seems to make sense.

However, no-one is asking: what is the current stress level on the healthcare system right now? Where are we in that capacity?… and what is normal capacity level during a high-level flu outbreak?… and Where are we when compared against that baseline?

♦ Remember in 2009 there were over 61 million cases of H1N1, more than 274,000 hospitalizations and 12,469 additional deaths specifically attributed to that strain of flu virus in the U.S. [DATA HERE]
The premise to extend the virus duration in an effort to lower the infection rate and spread the virus over a longer period of time needs to measured against: (a) where the healthcare system is at any given moment; and (b) under traditional high-flu seasons where are we during those historic events...

Posts: 4737 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
deep state

You lost me there mate.

Unfortunately your author is lost.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I beg to differ. Conservative Treehouse has been out in front of this since day one.

Dr Fauci is covering for his poor performance in 09 H1N1. Look at the numbers then vs numbers now and how about the love letters to Hillary on her shameful performance in the Bengazi hearings?

Tony Fauci is a career trough feeder and a deep state swamp dweller.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The post linked from the one you linked, complaining about Fauci's "inconsistencies," pretty much destroys any credibility the author has on this topic.

He references Fauci talking about his current numbers reflecting where things were a week ago (which is because that's how long it takes someone to start showing symptoms and think about getting tested), and says that's fine, but if that's true, why aren't the REAL numbers, the CURRENT numbers (I can almost see the spittle flying), the media is reporting, any different? Why are they EXACTLY THE SAME!?!

Well, duh, it's because the media's numbers come from who has been tested, too. They don't have a crystal ball that magically tells them the exact number of infected people in the world as of this instant in time.

If he can't figure out something that simple and thinks it is because of a grand conspiracy, I think that pretty much says all that needs to be said.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh Lordy, now The Great Coronavirus Scare is a Deep State Conspiracy <smh>

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Did you guys here that Finland closed its borders?

No one is allowed to cross the Finish Line!

<sorry, just wanted to break the tension a bit>

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12374 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post