SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Yay! More bigotry!

I will say this: Given China's stated intention to displace the U.S. as the most dominant force in the world, economically, socially, and politically, and "China's" track record for stealing intellectual property, I am somewhat surprised at the number of U.S. universities and companies willing to have Chinese nationals on their respective staffs.

If they didn't, they'd be accused of bigotry or worse, racism.

Posts: 11215 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

Ah, yes: Nothing like a dash of bigotry to make everything better.

Nothing like a virtue signaling douche. You should drop that stupit pc bullshit. We all have a right to be pissed at or even hate the country/culture that knowingnly brought this upon the world. Keep the race card playing shit to the fucking leftists. Your posts are becoming very tiresome and I don't think I'm speaking for only myself.

Let’s keep provoking the country that produces the majority of our PPE and pharmaceuticals. At this point in time that might be self destructive.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Para spoke about these personal attacks a few pages should. Perhaps some people have forgotten.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Copied from the stock trading thread:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Considering this to be the COVID 19 Economic Impact Thread:

State tax revenue will be decimated. I wonder which States were solvent going into this and which were basically bankrupt before this started?

I have been fearing this for many years. Oh, I didn't know it would be the coronavirus but I have feared that there would be some 'crisis' that would come along and give the corrupt, bankrupt, Democrat controlled states of New York, Illinois, and California the cover to beg for and eventually receive bailouts from the rest of us who have lived more frugal lives, in more frugal states.

This is going to get political. How can it not be? The places hardest hit by the coronavirus are the places where the population density is high. They also happen to be the places where Democrats control everything. The rest of us are going to end up paying the tab for the profligate spending and borrowing. These states have been living beyond their means for years and it will soon come crashing down, not just on them but on the rest of us as well.

Look at this map:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I'd argue, their politics are exactly why China, the country, is perhaps the biggest political and socio-economic threat in the world, right now.

The Chinese are just people, and, like people the world over: Some are good people, some are not. Some are smart and informed, others are stupid and/or ignorant. And so-on.

ensigmatic: You illustrate that it's the CCP, the Chinese Communist Party that is not only our enemy but the enemy of the Chinese people as well. Communism is evil because it deprives people of their humanity: their individualism and dignity. It has different flavors in different places, but Communism is evil wherever it is tried.

Two issues: The CCP is at fault for this and the Chinese people, those mainlanders, are pawns and many are willfully ignorant.

The CCP has bungled every socio-issue it's ever encountered, they're ham-fisted, inflexible and unable to see beyond their own self-interest. All the wars and conflicts they were apart of in the 20th century screwed-up their culture and society resulting in what we see today, a rapacious, superficial and uncaring culture. From the Great Leap Forward, Four Pest Campaign, Anti-Rightest Campaign, Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, it goes on...all of these resulting in millions upon millions being killed, crushing whatever social institutions that existed. This virus rightfully belongs at the feet of the Chinese Communist Party and whomever, is attempting to minimize the blame.

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Para spoke about these personal attacks a few pages should. Perhaps some people have forgotten.

Yep. Just because someone doesn't paint with a brush as broad as yours doesn't mean they support a communist regime nor does it mean they feel "my country, right or wrong."

Saw a video of an american who is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese playing PubG with kids in China. Skip to 12:57 where they discuss the coronavirus. Watch the evil chinese kids apologize to the american kid. Oh that's right, just a plot that all chinese are a part of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDgu-sAIdJI

ETA:Vid won't playback in thread. Link works though

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://news.yahoo.com/u-coron...st-10-140714114.html

The lockdown affecting large segments of the American public to try to curb the spread of the coronavirus is likely to last 10 to 12 weeks, or until early June , U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Sunday.

Americans are adapting to the biggest change in daily life since World War Two with schools closed, sports canceled and economic upheaval as job losses mount with the shuttering of businesses across many industries.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...ft-a-finger-to-help/

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” New York Mayor Bill de Blasio accused President Donald Trump of not lifting “a finger to help” with the coronavirus breakout.

De Blasio said, “The truth is, and New Yorkers and all Americans deserve the truth, it’s only getting worse. April and May are going to be a lot worse. Right now, we are a third of the cases in the country. That’s going to get worse. We’re about two thirds or more of the cases in New York State. That’s going to get worse. But the president of the United States is from New York City, and he will not lift a finger to help his hometown

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

contrast de Blasio with Gov Cuomo:

https://www.realclearpolitics....aking_a_mistake.html

Sunday at his daily coronavirus press conference, N.Y. Gov. Andrew Cuomo tried again to get people to voluntarily stay at home to prevent the spread of the disease, saying he had been in the city yesterday and saw people out in public spaces and parks like "it was just a bright, sunny Saturday."

"I don't know what I'm saying that people don't get," he said. "I was in these parks. You would not know that anything is going on. You would think it was just a bright, sunny Saturday... This is just a mistake. It's a mistake. It's insensitive. It's arrogant. It's self-destructive. It's disrespectful to other people."

"This is not life as usual. None of this is life as usual. This kind of density, we talk about social distancing, I was in these parks and you would not know that anything was going on," he also said.

de Blasio says the President isn't doing anything, but Cuomo observes the people of NY City aren't doing their part

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:

Indeed. He's also warned members against racism, sexism, religious bias, looks-ism, and many other similar behaviours.

I don't know whether you meant your reminder to include my statements, but I'll note I didn't attack the posters, per se, but a couple of their statements I felt didn't lend anything positive to the discussion. (I'm sure that if I got it wrong, the boss will be along shortly to inform me of the error of my ways.)

My point was things are bad enough as it is without attacking the whole of a people for a situation that is due to the behaviour of their government. Member chellim1 got it. I expect most did.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
New York will start implementing the trial drugs to treat Coronavirus.

NY has acquired:
- 70,000 Hydroxychloroquine
- 10,000 Zithromax
- 750,000 Chloroquine

From the Federal Government .

Trials will start Tuesday.

video at

https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1241749428492537864

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
- 750,000 Chloroquine

From the Federal Government .

Trials will start Tuesday.

Uggg, side-effects are well documented

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say this: Given China's stated intention to displace the U.S. as the most dominant force in the world, economically, socially, and politically, and "China's" track record for stealing intellectual property, I am somewhat surprised at the number of U.S. universities and companies willing to have Chinese nationals on their respective staffs.

It's comical, no really it's not. When it comes to investing, what have the experts been preaching? Diversification, diversification, and diversification.

Yet these Harvard and UPenn MBA's who run corporate America did what? Yup, they put all their eggs in the China bucket!

Pitiful really.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:

It's comical, no really it's not. When it comes to investing, what have the experts been preaching? Diversification, diversification, and diversification.

Yet these Harvard and UPenn MBA's who run corporate America did what? Yup, they put all their eggs in the China bucket!

Pitiful really.

The blame can't be put entirely on the suits.

So many consumers in the US only care about the stuff they buy being as cheap as possible that companies with much more expensive American-made products have a hard time competing.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Copied from the stock trading thread:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Considering this to be the COVID 19 Economic Impact Thread:

State tax revenue will be decimated. I wonder which States were solvent going into this and which were basically bankrupt before this started?

I have been fearing this for many years. Oh, I didn't know it would be the coronavirus but I have feared that there would be some 'crisis' that would come along and give the corrupt, bankrupt, Democrat controlled states of New York, Illinois, and California the cover to beg for and eventually receive bailouts from the rest of us who have lived more frugal lives, in more frugal states.

This is going to get political. How can it not be? The places hardest hit by the coronavirus are the places where the population density is high. They also happen to be the places where Democrats control everything. The rest of us are going to end up paying the tab for the profligate spending and borrowing. These states have been living beyond their means for years and it will soon come crashing down, not just on them but on the rest of us as well.

My wife is tired of hearing me rant whenever de Blasio or Cuomo comes on. You boys and your constituents have a ridiculously high cost of living. Maybe you should have been a little better prepared. Go into panic mode and get what you need. Just don't send the bill to me out here in the corn fields.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
The lockdown affecting large segments of the American public to try to curb the spread of the coronavirus is likely to last 10 to 12 weeks, or until early June , U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Sunday.

There is no way that people in this country will tolerate a lockdown for this amount of time.

Posts: 1930 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pitiful really.

Driven 100% by the consumer demand for CHEAP SHIT.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The flyover states have been supporting massive spending for flooding and hurricanes for the last decade. To suddenly become awoke to the federal cost on high density populations in this crisis is rich.

On a optimistic note I hope the previous R and D on the Ebola virus is promising. The carryover on that research might give us a monoclonal antibody that will serve as a bridge to a vaccine. We have the ability to ramp up that production quickly.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
quote:

There is no way that people in this country will tolerate a lockdown for this amount of time.

Nope. You'll be lucky to make it a couple of weeks before it starts getting ugly.

A lot of people are putting up with being lectured right now. It won't last.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37137 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Pitiful really.

Driven 100% by the consumer demand for CHEAP SHIT.

I would argue (and perhaps incorrectly) that it began with a demand for REASONABLY price shit. And in many instances unions took care of that.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
De Blasio said, “The truth is, and New Yorkers and all Americans deserve the truth, it’s only getting worse. April and May are going to be a lot worse. Right now, we are a third of the cases in the country. That’s going to get worse. We’re about two thirds or more of the cases in New York State. That’s going to get worse. But the president of the United States is from New York City, and he will not lift a finger to help his hometown"

So, DeBlasshole, you think the president should show your leftist paradise some kind of...favoritism? And by not doing so, he's a bad orange man, right? I seem to recall NYC is a sanctuary city; drop that shit, and let ICE do their jobs and maybe, MAYBE then we'll talk. AND the American people will need to see an accurate accounting of every single cent to make sure it's not being misused.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Chinese been fighting each other for hundreds of years. The majority backed Mao when he came in power after WWII and Chiang fled to Taiwan. This isn't the end to the shit China can dump onto the rest of the world.

Our cheap shit mentality has cost us dearly.

Posts: 13197 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post