SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
"Everything we do after a pandemic will seem inadequate."

But only if the pandemic turns out as bad as the worst that is feared. If, however, it doesn’t turn out that bad (and because measures were taken to prevent its turning out that bad), then everything that was done will labeled as an hysterical overreaction. The Ebola epidemic was/is a perfect example of that. In Africa it was a terrible scourge whose effects can hardly be imagined. In the U.S., however, where it was relatively easy to prevent its spread, it’s a subject of juvenile jokes to this day.

6.4/93.6

“I regret that I am to now die in the belief, that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776, to acquire self-government and happiness to their country, is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be, that I live not to weep over it.”
— Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 47719 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Please stop with the nested quotes. Totally unncessary- and it annoys the admin.

Just quote the part you're addressing.

Sorry. Will do.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If anyone's looking for good news...
I would say that it appears that the number of new cases in Washington State seems to be starting to level off.
That's where this all got started in the US.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]If anyone's looking for good news...
I would say that it appears that the number of new cases in Washington State appears to be starting to level off.
^^^^^
Thanks. It seems good news is underreported by the media.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
You're dead, but we're sorry....

China Apologizes To Whistleblower Doctor Who Warned Of Coronavirus In Early 2020

https://www.oann.com/china-apo...virus-in-early-2020/

The Chinese government has issued a “solemn apology” to the family of a doctor who sounded the alarm on the coronavirus at the beginning of the year. On Friday, reports stated the government exonerated and apologized to the family of Dr. Li Wenliang, who passed away from the virus about six weeks ago.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
BULLSHIT...that poor dude was taken to a dark place in the woods, told to kneel in a pre-dug grave, and assassinated with a bullet to his brain stem. He unfortunately (well...fortunately for the rest of the world) let it slip that this weaponized virus was released, with forethought and malice, by the Chinese.

Tin Foil Hat - DONNED

BTW...is the U.S. at 60,000,000 reported cases yet?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I would say that it appears that the number of new cases in Washington State appears to be starting to level off.
^^^^^

So we're almost a week into this. Are states seeing the flattening we were hoping for?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Hey, good news! Gov. Fuckstick Wolf's order to close all PA businesses was delayed after he got sued by some law firms, gun stores and a shooting range.

My range is back open this weekend!

Hell yeah, gun owners, sue his ass!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we're almost a week into this. Are states seeing the flattening we were hoping for?

Mostly not. My comment was specific to Washington.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Hey, good news! Gov. Fuckstick Wolf's order to close all PA businesses was delayed after he got sued by some law firms, gun stores and a shooting range.

My range is back open this weekend!

Hell yeah, gun owners, sue his ass!

Good. Screw all these draconian measures being forced upon people and businesses by leftist tyrants.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^

Tony.

No. It will take at least a month, besides, more testing will equal more positive results so that’s not one we will see go down for a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
it annoys the admin

Word.
?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tony.

Tony,

You do realize this isn’t planned as a one week miracle, right?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're dead, but we're sorry....

China Apologizes To Whistleblower Doctor Who Warned Of Coronavirus In Early 2020

https://www.oann.com/china-apo...virus-in-early-2020/

The Chinese government has issued a “solemn apology” to the family of a doctor who sounded the alarm on the coronavirus at the beginning of the year. On Friday, reports stated the government exonerated and apologized to the family of Dr. Li Wenliang, who passed away from the virus about six weeks ago.

Is that the DR that died from a COVID-19 tipped bullet?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I can't help but feel that politicians, being politicians, are (in the words of Rahm Emmanuel) "not letting a crisis go to waste." I actually believe that that some are using this pandemic to further their agenda, which includes abrogating our rights. No one has ever indicated when the end will occur, and what will happen then. I speculate that we've again lost some of freedom, and we won't get it back unless we fight for it.

The point that escapes many folks is that the politicians have reached a watershed moment in American history, they have actually pulled off something I have thought way out of their reach; on their own authority, they halted the functioning of a country's society in its tracks.

They stopped most private industries and businesses from earning. Ordered people from working. To stop freedom to assemble. To stop ALL schools. To keep people in their homes to eat what food they can hoard, and watch propaganda TV news around the clock.

And it's happening in America right now. And if they did it once for a virus, who knows what the next "crisis" will be.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That is spot on. The people need to push back real soon.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
"Everything we do before a pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after a pandemic will seem inadequate."

This thought has plagued emergency services since the beginning of time. The issue being that it is very difficult once you emerge, to predict how bad it would have been, and you not taken the action you did.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I can't help but feel that politicians, being politicians, are (in the words of Rahm Emmanuel) "not letting a crisis go to waste." I actually believe that that some are using this pandemic to further their agenda, which includes abrogating our rights. No one has ever indicated when the end will occur, and what will happen then. I speculate that we've again lost some of freedom, and we won't get it back unless we fight for it.

The point that escapes many folks is that the politicians have reached a watershed moment in American history, they have actually pulled off something I have thought way out of their reach; on their own authority, they halted the functioning of a country's society in its tracks.

They stopped most private industries and businesses from earning. Ordered people from working. To stop freedom to assemble. To stop ALL schools. To keep people in their homes to eat what food they can hoard, and watch propaganda TV news around the clock.

And it's happening in America right now. And if they did it once for a virus, who knows what the next "crisis" will be.

THIS...in spades Frown Frown Frown fuck them all with a cactus!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Out fucking standing. I agree 100%. Americans need to wake the fuck up and look around and actually understand what is happening.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jesus fracking Christ on a pogo stick Some of y'all are as bad as, or worse than, the gorram dominant media

The Dominant Media: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Some of youse guys: "THEY" ARE DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY!

President Trump: We're going to get through this. We're strong. Together we can do this. We're going to defeat this invisible enemy and the economy will come back. We'll be stronger than ever.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post