SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
PA Gov. Fuckstick just closed all "non-life-sustaining" businesses in the state effective 8:00pm tonight:

I noticed that included accounting businesses. That should make this tax season interesting.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Fucking Tom Wolf.

Now my brand new STI is stuck at the FFL, although it arrived this afternoon. And I can't even go to the fucking range because it's shut down. Already couldn't go to the gym anymore.

And my taxes are sitting at the accountant, so wonder what's gonna happen with that.

Fuck. You.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom Wolf.

I wonder how PA, CA, and other 'enlightened states' will enjoy the yoke of the 'liberal masters' saving them from 'da virus' by telling them to 'stay home'.

Methinks not very much, but it'll be interesting to see fantasy turn into reality.

The war of their lives has arrived. The war of sitting on the couch and doing nothing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

And my taxes are sitting at the accountant, so wonder what's gonna happen with that...

I've heard the feds are giving us a 90 day extension to pay, but so far the IRS site does not confirm that.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom

Posts: 15934 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Tom Wolf.

I wonder how PA, CA, and other 'enlightened states' will enjoy the yoke of the 'liberal masters' saving them from 'da virus' by telling them to 'stay home'.

Methinks not very much, but it'll be interesting to see fantasy turn into reality.

The war of their lives has arrived. The war of sitting on the couch and doing nothing.

They’ll just blame Trump. Now if it was Obama... Roll Eyes

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Tell me something- just what is the logic behind shutting down liquor stores? Everything is closed and everyone is home. WTF is the problem with having a drink under those circumstances? You're sittin' on your couch in your own home. That's the best place to drink.

Mary Sue has the flu, so no booze for you. Makes no sense to me.

Lil Andy (Kentucky's new totalitarian governor) announced today that all liquor stores must close. But, he will allow liquor to be delivered to your home. Smile Win-Win?

The longest limes I have experienced at the liquor store were at the lottery machine. Feel free to close those down you oppressive bastards and we promise to be in and out. Thank goodness I stocked up on the Captain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5923 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Roll Eyes

We're in the "denial" stage, the shock stage of this stupid panic. It's been about a week, and for now, people are rolling with it. But the anger stage is soon to arrive as this bullshit drags out for days/weeks.

But we all feel safe right now, don't we? Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Fucking Tom Wolf.

Now my brand new STI is stuck at the FFL, although it arrived this afternoon. And I can't even go to the fucking range because it's shut down. Already couldn't go to the gym anymore.

And my taxes are sitting at the accountant, so wonder what's gonna happen with that.

Fuck. You.

Wifey dropped off our taxes (2018) at account tonight. Hopefully it comes quickly. '19 we can easily do on TurboTax.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Question for first responders:

Are you guys getting called in this weekend?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it time for the Northern Command Colorado Springs to be activated and assigned command and control?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
California - the whole state, on lockdown.

https://www.latimes.com/califo...eral-aid-coronavirus

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There have been mentionings in the news of the national guards being called up but not much details. Does anyone have any information and which states, the numbers being called up and the timeline?

Posts: 1044 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Stopped by grandpa's house today after work (tommorow is likely last day) to see how he's doing. He started off in the it's no big deal camp, with his wife with potential lung cancer and their age, he's taking it seriously. They always have a full freezer and pantry, said he's good on meds.

This is one of my biggest concern of the virus, if either of them get it one or both won't make it.

Love you, grandpa.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to know and I think that we are all owed a definite answer to the question of when does this stupid shit stop? Exactly where in the curve are we looking at? We hear give us two weeks and we'll know more, well, what if they say we still need more time. How many deaths is acceptable? How many infected is going to be acceptable? I want to hear "In X amount of time whatever the virus is or isn't, we get off of the crazy train and get back to our lives."

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3575 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed someone hasn't sued the shit out of some of these power crazy governors.

They need to dock their pay and turn the power off at the governors mansion. Let them see how fun it is to live hungry and in the dark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I want to know and I think that we are all owed a definite answer to the question of when does this stupid shit stop?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ A-freaking-men. California is completely shut down. No sane person should see that as necessary. It’s obvious what’s going on here.

Why wasn’t all this shit done for HIV/AIDS back in the 1980’s? Now that was a death sentence back then.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I want to know and I think that we are all owed a definite answer to the question of when does this stupid shit stop?
Trump posted this on March 16th so I'm in wait and see mode until April 1st.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXLe:
There have been mentionings in the news of the national guards being called up but not much details. Does anyone have any information and which states, the numbers being called up and the timeline?

I don't have numbers, but Ohio has called them up. Helping set up tents for testing and distributing groceries.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Why wasn’t all this shit done for HIV/AIDS back in the 1980’s? Now that was a death sentence back then.

Well, for one thing, most people don't have unprotected sex with the random person standing next to them while waiting in line to check out at the grocery store.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post