SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, you've got a month or 2 until the rest of the shit kills you. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Italy is not the U.S., not even close.

And, again: It's been demonstrated numerous times the shape of the curve reflecting the advance of the disease in the U.S. is the same as what was seen in Italy.

Ensigmatic,

Care to share your data analysis?

I'm not going to do this with you again, Dakor.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

And, again: It's been demonstrated numerous times the shape of the curve reflecting the advance of the disease in the U.S. is the same as what was seen in Italy.

Ensigmatic,

I'm not going to do this with you again, Dakor.

Such statements, which are clearly blanket in their nature, shouldn't go unchallenged

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Some of you need to go outside for a walk, if you're in the south, you can inhale the yellow air

Posts: 5396 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
Of course we will see a spike in positive tests because they are actually testing now, but even still we have just over a 100 cases.

Please see: Covid-19 in US and Canada: Real Time Updates With Credible Sources

Until that daily cumulative cases curve starts flattening-out they'll keep having to clamp-down harder.

Yeah... as of this writing, AirmanJeff's state of MD has 107 cases, up 22 from yesterday.
We are going to have to avoid personal contact for a while to slow this down. Hang in there.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24303 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
One person has died in the state so far. One. I just don't see what data they are using so make these decisions. Italy is not the U.S., not even close. Of course we will see a spike in positive tests because they are actually testing now, but even still we have just over a 100 cases.

Would you rather someone give you $1 million today, or a penny today, two pennies tomorrow, four pennies the next day, and so on, with the number of pennies doubling every day?

To help you with your decision, I'll point out that with the second option, after a week, you will have received total of a measly $1.27, and after two weeks, only $163.83. After three weeks, you're up to $20,971.51, which certainly isn't bad, but it's no million dollars.

On the other hand, at the end of the seventh week, there literally won't be enough hard currency on the entire planet to keep paying you because you'll already have it all.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
You guys expecting a market recovery are in for a wild ride. It’s headed to 20,000 , maybe even 18,000.

I posted the above in this thread on Feb 24th. Only 3 weeks later, the DJIA is under 20,000 points.

Careful, you don't want to dislocated your shoulder.

Posts: 11203 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ensigmatic,

World o meter

Plenty of statistics and graphs to compare.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes, the yellow virus of pollen.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Trump just announced that chloroquine has gotten the approval from the FDA and will be pushed out.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16504 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The movie theater industry, hit hard by the panic, is asking for a stimulus from the federal govt.

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-due-to-coronavirus/

Screw them and their hate for America. Movie Theathres are not a necessity.

Posts: 21339 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
quote:

Ensigmatic,

World o meter

Each graph (Italy versus USA) shows the opposite of the claim that was made. The number and slope of new cases, number of deaths and resolutions in the US over the same time are different. The numbers are even more dramatic if one takes into consideration the differences in total population between the two countries.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yes, the yellow virus of pollen.

That’s for sure. Slightly congested and dry cough during the day. Funny, it clears up when I go home and stay inside.

Posts: 1241 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ensigmatic,

World o meter

He is correct. U.S. is on the same curve as Italy, but 2 weeks or so behind Italy. We're actually seeing a larger increase by percentage, but we do have a lot more population than Italy. Also keep in mind we haven't had the test kits to test people in mass numbers like S. Korea did. Yesterday (March 18) was a 42% increase over the previous day, I attribute this to more test kits being available, my speculation.

Posts: 21339 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
And I agree, screw the movie industry and the horse they rode in on.

I want to see all the items in this bill and who put them in. This earmark crap has to stop!!

Posts: 1241 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ensigmatic,

World o meter

He is correct. U.S. is on the same curve as Italy, but 3 weeks or so behind Italy.

Wrong, the data is over the same time period and says otherwise (look at the X and Y axes).

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:
It works by allowing zinc to disrupt the rna sequencing of the virus in the cell. Zinc will kill the virus. Zinc on its own is not readily available to do it. I saw a Dr. on YouTube explain it. I will try to find it. I think it was MedCram.

Chloroquine and Zinc

Doesn't zinc cause permanent Anosmia?

Mostly temporary and not by ingestion. Zinc nasal products cause Anosmia. But really, who cares if you test positive for COVID-19.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ensigmatic,

World o meter

He is correct. U.S. is on the same curve as Italy, but 3 weeks or so behind Italy.

Wrong, the data is over the same time period and says otherwise (look at the X and Y axes).

Data through yesterday.

Same curve, 10-11 days behind.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ensigmatic,

World o meter

Guys, a word to the wise: Don't waste your time.

The last time I went around-and-around with Dakor, he'd make an assertion w/o substantiating data. I'd counter with substantiating data. He'd ignore my counter and make another assertion w/o substantiating data. I'd counter again, again with substantiating data. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ain't goin' there with him again.

Now, it may be that the curve in the U.S. is as pronounced as it is at least in part, because of increased testing. Thing is: We don't know that. Until we do, I'd argue caution is prudent.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post