SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Each U.S. household can now order 4 COVID-19 at-home tests shipped straight to their door at no cost.

Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9065 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Am I to believe that people are still wont to test themselves at home when they get a cold? Am I really to believe this, that people are still practicing this neurotic, compulsive senselessness? To what end?

If I have symptoms and am planning on being around my elderly in-laws, yes I would do an at home test. Otherwise, not so much.

Posts: 2164 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
These people are not done by any stretch of the imagination. Half the country is living in abject fear of what has become the common cold. The only way to get gullible fools lining up for worthless needle after needle is to keep the fear alive. My guess is after the abysmal uptake of the newest, bestest poison yet is to keep it “free” too.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ (Erick) Three years ago if you had a cold or flu, you probably wouldn't be around your elderly in-laws anyway.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38857 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ (Erick) Three years ago if you had a cold or flu, you probably wouldn't be around your elderly in-laws anyway.

True. I should have added in my initial response, also if we had been around them, and started showing sx afterwards, to give them a heads up. I have tests I ordered last year from when I suspected (and was correct…according to the test) that I had COVID. I didn’t want to deal with going to the doctor, but needed to know as it does affect my job. Once those are gone, I don’t plan to reorder. Showed positive in January and May last year. Sx were similar, and I was better within 1-2 days. And no, I’m not vaccinated. My employer was set to require weekly testing, but backed off in February/March of this year.

Posts: 2164 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
One of my mom’s friends had a stroke last week. Vaxxed and twice boosted. Mad

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
^^^ Bet you that her doctors will suggest another round of shots to get her current due to her now compromised health.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
^^^ Bet you that her doctors will suggest another round of shots to get her current due to her now compromised health.

Frank, you may get a kick out of this. I know you weren’t successful with your school board bid last year (are you running this year?) but our Supt has been getting calls requesting that we adopt masking for INFLUENZA, since it was so bad in our area. We both got a good chuckle, but just further evidence of what COVID and the response has morphed into.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know you weren’t successful with your school board bid last year (are you running this year?)

Last year wouldn't have been our choice, but it's just how it worked out timing wise. Two incumbents that are very well known and who at the time were on the board for 48 years.

I'm running again this year along with two other mothers from our parents group. We have made it crystal clear that we gained a lot of valuable experience last year and we are coming no holds barred this time around. Three incumbents, who as of the other day have not filed to run again.

quote:
Supt has been getting calls requesting that we adopt masking for INFLUENZA, since it was so bad in our area

Unbelievable. I also bet that those calling for it are not currently masking their kids. Why is it that these types are not only attempting to force others to do what they want, but won't do it themselves unless they are forced at their own request?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A new Cleveland Clinic pre-print study posted Monday, titled “Effectiveness of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Bivalent Vaccine.” Let me spoil it for you: They found the bivalent vaccine was NOT very effective. But guess what else they found?

The study observed over 50,000 Cleveland Clinic employees from the beginning of the pandemic. Let’s start with how the study ended, with this amazing concession of scientific ambiguity:

We still have a lot to learn about protection from COVID-19 vaccination, and in addition to a vaccine’s effectiveness it is important to examine whether multiple vaccine doses given over time may not be having the beneficial effect that is generally assumed.

Still have a lot to learn, eh? And here I thought the “science was settled.” Shows what I know, I’m just a lawyer. But why’d the Cleveland Clinic researchers admit that ambiguity? Because of the study’s most important finding:

Risk of COVID-19 increased with time since the most recent prior COVID-19 episode and with the number of vaccine doses previously received.

Holy jab juice, Batman. In other words, the more jabs, the more and faster the covid infections. The researchers weren’t prepared for that finding, or for the fact that the increased risk of catching covid was seen, not in decrepit, nearly-dead old people in care homes, but in young, healthy healthcare workers without co-morbidities:

The association of increased risk of COVID-19 with higher numbers of prior vaccine doses in our study, was unexpected. A simplistic explanation might be that those who received more doses were more likely to be individuals at higher risk of COVID-19. A small proportion of individuals may have fit this description. However, the majority of subjects in this study were generally young individuals and all were eligible to have received at least 3 doses of vaccine by the study start date[.]

Take a close look at the researcher’s chart, below. The Y-axis is the proportionate risk, based on the number of times people caught covid, and how often. The x-axis is the number of days from their first dose. The colored lines represent the number of doses received.

Over a 90-day period, participants with three or more doses faced a risk of catching covid up to SIX TIMES higher than the baseline. Six times higher, over just the first 90 days! But drop down to the zero doses line — the “unvaccinated” — and discover those lucky souls enjoyed the LOWEST risk of infection.

Weird. Seems backwards somehow.

Remarkably, every single dose of the “vaccine” proportionately INCREASED the risk of infections. That strongly suggests some kind of correlation. And it’s not how traditional vaccines work, not at all.

The Cleveland Clinic researchers mused about the unvaccinated and unboosted, which — amazingly — included almost HALF of the healthcare workers in the study. The researchers figured unvaccinated and low-vaccinated people were the ones most likely to NOT wear masks, isolate, or otherwise mitigate their risks but, despite being covid “risk takers,” they were STILL catching covid less often than their boosted co-workers:

[T]hose who received fewer than 3 doses (>45% of individuals in the study) were not those ineligible to receive the vaccine, but those who chose not to follow the CDC’s recommendations on remaining updated with COVID-19 vaccination, and one could reasonably expect these individuals to have been more likely to have exhibited higher risk-taking behavior.
Despite this, their risk of acquiring COVID-19 was lower than those who received a larger number of prior vaccine doses. This is not the only study to find a possible association with more prior vaccine doses and higher risk of COVID-19. A large study found that those who had an Omicron variant infection after previously receiving three doses of vaccine had a higher risk of reinfection than those who had an Omicron variant infection after previously receiving two doses of vaccine.
Another study found that receipt of two or three doses of a mRNA vaccine following prior COVID-19 was associated with a higher risk of reinfection than receipt of a single dose. We still have a lot to learn about protection from COVID-19 vaccination, and in addition to a vaccine’s effectiveness it is important to examine whether multiple vaccine doses given over time may not be having the beneficial effect that is generally assumed.

Alert commenters noted that, during animal trials for earlier failed coronavirus vaccines, the poor mice’s immune systems were completely destroyed. A strange coincidence. It makes you wonder. What do they call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? It’s called … what’s the word … I can’t think of it right now. But it’s not good.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24276 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If you are sick, why would you go someplace to be around others in the first place? Screw these stupid chicom tests for crissakes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19357 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still have a lot to learn, eh? And here I thought the “science was settled.”

This has been my experience even before the newest, bestest concoction. During the delta surge, I recall “vaccinated” people I know personally getting sick, some more than once a year. One ended up in the hospital and then on a vent, and two co-workers experienced tingling and numbness in their legs; one of these was diagnosed with blood clots that pushed him to retire early.

This new development isn’t a shock- clear fuckery was expected, although I didn’t expect the rate of reinfection to increase with booster frequency. I more expected a scenario where boosters would be “required” every 2-3 months to avoid what they consider severe symptoms. But I’m sure some skeptic will be along that either finds this thread amusing or doubts the reality that these “vaccines” are obviously ineffective garbage

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
If you are sick, why would you go someplace to be around others in the first place? Screw these stupid chicom tests for crissakes

Thank you!
Let's just unprocess the brain washing of the last 2 years and go back to living as normal people, shall we?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in Canada, the children’s indoctrination continues…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
The comments are pure gold…

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, that was something.

Yes, that's what it was- something.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey Para, check out that post count. That is a big milestone.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Let's hope the forum software is P100K compliant... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9065 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A new Cleveland Clinic pre-print study posted Monday, titled “Effectiveness of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Bivalent Vaccine.” Let me spoil it for you: They found the bivalent vaccine was NOT very effective. But guess what else they found?
<SNIP>
[/url]

This is in keeping with a Swedish study I read several months ago regrading the impact of repeated SARS Cov-19 boosters and immunity.

their data indicated a reduction of immune response with repeated dosing with vaccine.

Bottom line: The science IS NOT settled and it would strongly appear that we have been sold several billion dollars worth of snake oil and bull shit.

I got the original J&J single dose vaccine and then elected to get not one more damn vaccination. Maybe this was a good decision per the CC study.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20344 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have to say that I just do not believe these stories coming out of China. In the first place, I don't believe a single word uttered by the Chinese Communist government, but beyond that, the claims of this sustained level of infection in that country defy logic, it seems to me.

Extra-Super-Mega-Death-COVID Hates China So Much!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post