SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
...what reason is actually being given for us to wear masks?
But, that's just it, you see. Almost no one is questioning this. The answer is presumed to be obvious, so, no questions are asked and therefore no reasons need to be given.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have an earnest question re: masks, so please leave the "it's bullshit" out of it, since I've already come to that conclusion. That's not what this question is:

What is the actual rationale being provided by the "masks now" crowd (Fauci, the media, et al.)? Like the actual scientific rationale.

We know that most masks, let alone "face coverings" are categorically incapable of stopping the virus from getting to you because they're too porous--to say nothing of the absolute lack of PPE best practices followed by just about everyone you see with one on.

So if it's undeniable that the masks are ineffective for the purpose, what reason is actually being given for us to wear masks?

Again, please don't give some BS answer. I don't have time to listen to hundreds of hours of press conferences, etc. They have to be giving some rationale to support a practice that is contrary to the device's function. What is it?

To scare the hell out of people. That's the reason.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
...what reason is actually being given for us to wear masks?
But, that's just it, you see. Almost no one is questioning this. The answer is presumed to be obvious, so, no questions are asked and therefore no reasons need to be given.

FWIW, the reason I know that is because one of the more active people in the state GOP is a doctor. They live streamed a meeting on holding the state convention in person rather than online (vote 2:1 for), and he was asked to patch in to explain what was known about any risks. He concluded by strongly recommending that everyone going to the convention wear masks and that the committee vote to hold the convention in person.

At any rate, Oat_Action_Man is not entirely alone.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, please don't give some BS answer. I don't have time to listen to hundreds of hours of press conferences, etc. They have to be giving some rationale to support a practice that is contrary to the device's function. What is it?
I believe you're answering your own question. I don't think ANYONE has given a true, bona fide, medical reason WHY it's necessary to wear a mask, face covering, PPE, etc. Your analysis and observations are spot on...the VAST majority of those wearing masks aren't even close to practicing proper protocol while wearing it. Case in point...I was in Kroger a couple of weeks ago and saw a dude wearing a mask, his phone rang, and guess what he did? Pulled his mask off to talk on the phone. So "scientific rationale"?? To my knowledge, none has been given.

No one...and I literally mean NO ONE said ANYTHING about wearing a face mask when Swine Flu ripped through this country in '09/'10. So what would be the rationale now, other than to instill fear in and control the minds of the weak? And I know you didn't want any answers to go down that rabbit hole, but those are my unapologetic observations of having been in a HIGHLY contagious arena with Swine Flu and not one damned thing happened.

I believe in my heart of hearts, ALL this has been politically driven by "Orange Man Bad". Unfortunately there are too many sheep in our populace that are not able to understand and grasp that simple concept. People are suffering WORSE from Trump Derangement Syndrome than COVID-19.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are viewing events that are placing Texas as a toss up state this November.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, wait, dire political predictions? Please, do tell us more. I can't get enough of that shit.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
We are viewing events that are placing Texas as a toss up state this November.

Karl Rove, is that you?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys remember way back in time, when people coughed and sneezed they put their hand or arm over their mouth? It was pretty effective, especially when it was combined with manners and the desire to not blow your snot all over everyone. But now, caring people don't do that. We wear masks instead and we cough, spit and sneeze inside that mask, all day long.
Coughing into your arm doesn't say look at me, I'm a virtuous, caring person like a mask does.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
News said 341% increase in hospitalizations in Dallas area compared to 30 days ago.
They happen to quantify how much of that 341% were patients getting procedures that had previously been cancelled? The media always seems to fail to do any real homework before reporting such numbers.

Fox 4 Dallas. They also said the 4 days leading up to the 4th were our deadliest since this began. Cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. They are talking “surge plans” now.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/...talizations-increase

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, surge plans. Sounds really really cool. Do they have a War Room set up yet? So rad! This will make for some truly dramatic Facebook posts. Posturing City. I wish I could be a part of cool shit like that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I started to make a separate thread for this, thought better of it, so here it is. I don't think this has been posted before, if it has then just delete this. Anyway go ahead and laugh.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Fn8MxJx_erk

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
who is cashing in on COVIDS-19?

how about Robert DiNiro?

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...ns-worth-28-million/

Nobu, the posh, high-end restaurant and hotel chain — backed by left-wing actor and raging Trump-basher Robert De Niro — took more than a dozen loans from the Trump administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

In DeNiro’s eyes, President Trump is a “mean-spirited, soulless, amoral, abusive con-artist son of a bitch.” But that didn’t stop one of the actor’s prime investments from using the Trump administration’s loan program for cash, a loan program meant to help keep small business wrecked by the Chinese coronavirus financially afloat.

The Nobu chain of luxury restaurants and hotels took 14 loans from the U.S. small business relief program for as much as $28 million, which went toward properties across the country, from California, to Texas, to New York, according to a report by CNBC. Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa — the celebrity chef and owner of the restaurant chain — has a net worth of $200 million. Meanwhile, Robert De Niro — who co-founded it — is worth an estimated $500 million.

Restaurants were among the biggest recipients of PPP loans, which were part of the government’s response to financial difficulties that businesses faced during the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic. The report added that U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has said that the program was not meant to go toward companies that could reasonably tap other forms of capital during the pandemic.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's delicious Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia/Victoria update.

Total cases: 8,586
Deaths: 106
Recovered: 7,420
ICU: 5
Hospitalised: 34
Tested: 2,759, 165

0.3% positive

Age demographics: 20-29 leading the chart

(Source: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts)

The entire health - and media - focus in Australia, particularly, the state of Victoria now, unsurprisingly, has turned to the number of daily cases now.

Very little about the deaths.

Our wonderful Victoria state Premier (like a Governor) has locked down several suburbs (cities) by postcodes (same as zipcodes).

Here's a map of those lockdowns, inner Melbourne, the capital city of the state of Victoria.

If of interest, I'm located south of postcode 3012, right by Port Phillip Bay.
And not in lockdown.

With the 'sudden' rise of cases after lockdown was lifted, now looking at the prospect of another 4 weeks of state wide lockdown.

Jeesh, yes - with more people tested, there will be more positive cases.

Sigh. Get a grip please.

Aussies are generally very complacent.
The media and political grand standing is tiresome.

Just an opinion ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cjevans,

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
3604, eh? That could be a right Donnybrook.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Smile

Hah, well Donnybrook is in the top 10 riskiest postcodes to live in ...

Oh, I see that burglaries are down.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3597 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the horse race!! Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
MRBTX, thanks for posting that common sense video.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38683 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
the deadliest virus in America, hell the entire planet, is the liberal main stream media.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post