SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm seeing 15-20% of people in airports and planes wearing masks. I'm not talking about hoards here but enough to be noticeable. The only time it bothers me enough to get angry is when I see very young children being forced by their dimwitted parents to wear a mask.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The leftist assholes are STILL pushing to get the poison injected into children, despite their admitting that children are far less susceptible to severe disease, and indications that as high as 90% have already gotten the wuflu and “survived” it- an extremely high percent of whom display antibodies against the bug. An intelligent (or honest) person would look at the situation and say “kids are healthier and don’t need this shit”, but they’re back on the “we need to push the poison” kick regardless. If there’s any silver lining here, it’s the continuing abysmally low uptake of their poison injections into children by parents (including leftist supporting retards).

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/ne...s-cdc-estimates/#app

More than 9 in 10 kids have survived at least one bout with COVID, the CDC estimates

More than 90% of children in the U.S. have survived at least one infection by SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, based on data collected from commercial laboratories around the country through October.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's new "seroprevalence" estimates, published Thursday, look at whether people have detectable antibodies in their blood from at least one prior COVID-19 case. They could still be at risk of reinfection from the new variants circulating this winter.

"The estimates do not necessarily show how many people have enough antibodies to protect them against reinfection, severe outcomes, and/or COVID-19-related complications," the CDC says.

Since 2020, the federal government has been producing these estimates based on sampling blood that commercial laboratories collect for reasons other than COVID-19, like routine check-ups.

Measurements of prior infection among children have far outpaced adults over the course of the pandemic, in the CDC's figures.

The CDC estimated earlier this year that still less than half of adults had infection-induced antibodies through March, the latest data for which the CDC has estimates for this age group. By contrast, the CDC had already tallied 75% of children with antibodies through February.

A more recent estimate for adults through June is planned soon, a CDC spokesperson said, with additional updates planned "approximately every 3 months after that."

White House brings back free at-home COVID test orders as part of "winter preparedness plan"
Among the states with reported data, Hawaii is the only state under 80% seroprevalence in children. Many states are estimated at or above 90%.

Nationwide, all of the age groups broken out by the agency show upwards of 8 in 10 children having had COVID-19 at least once. Kids 5 to 11 years old have the highest seroprevalence rate, at 92.1%.

The new figures come as the Biden administration has struggled to persuade families to get their children vaccinated against COVID-19, despite evidence that the shots are safe for kids and can reduce the odds of children facing severe illness or spreading it to others.

Less than half of children under 12 years old and under two-thirds of teens have finished their primary series COVID-19 vaccinations, according to CDC figures. A small fraction have received their updated COVID booster.

Data published this week from the CDC's National Immunization Survey suggest vaccine hesitancy is continuing to grow among families.

Among children under 5 years old, where vaccination coverage is lowest, the agency now estimates that nearly half of parents "probably or definitely" will not get their kids vaccinated.

Uptake of the COVID shots is far lower than the annual flu shot; the CDC estimates 42.5% of children had gotten a flu shot through the end of last month. That is on par with previous years, which typically reach around 60% vaccination by the end of the season.

The agency also published new data on Thursday warning that children could be at risk of rare but serious co-infections of COVID-19 and influenza, as infections of the two viruses have increased in some parts of the country.

Last season, when the U.S. saw a relatively small wave of flu hospitalizations, the agency tallied 6% of hospitalized pediatric flu patients co-infected with SARS-CoV-2. About 16% of flu deaths in kids last season had a co-infection.

The findings underscore that "influenza and SARS-CoV-2 coinfections occur in pediatric patients and that coinfection can potentially cause more severe illness," the study's authors wrote.

"The public should adopt prevention strategies, including influenza and COVID-19 vaccination, and consider mask use during high respiratory virus circulation," they said.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
It took 2 years and 9 months, but Rona finally hit us.

I hope it hasn't hit you badly and that you all feel better soon.

Luckily it’s been like a really bad cold for us. We are not over it but close. I guess it worked out for us getting it at the same time with mild symptoms instead of one right after another going into the holidays. This new version seems to be really easy to get seeing how we both made it so long and got it now.

Posts: 17931 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Luckily it’s been like a really bad cold for us........This new version seems to be really easy to get

That's generally how these things evolve.

Easier to spread, less likely to cause serious illness.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We did all we could to catch 'rona recently. We took a cruise to Mexico, walked around a number of ports, flew to and from SFO. Yep, a few days after we returned, we both woke up with bad sore throats and cold like symptoms. I probably had the worse sore throat of my life but not bad enough that I couldn't knock down a cheeseburger. We both tested positive.

5 days later, we were fine and tested negative and on our merry way. No big deal.

Incidentally, we both had donated blood at One Blood shortly after all the panic started. At the time, they tested for the Covid antibodies. Both my wife and I tested positive on each of two donations 60 days apart. Since we are retired, we were not forced to get the fake vaccines - and didn't.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4257 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Incidentally, we both had donated blood at One Blood shortly after all the panic started. At the time, they tested for the Covid antibodies. Both my wife and I tested positive on each of two donations 60 days apart. Since we are retired, we were not forced to get the fake vaccines - and didn't.

Mike, glad you recovered quickly.
My wife is also a regular blood donor and tested positive for the Covid antibodies early on.
Then they stopped reporting the Covid antibodies test. I speculated at the time that it was because they were pushing the injections and if you knew you had the Covid antibodies you were less likely to take the shot.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24272 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago, Dr. Kevin Stillwagon updated Orange County, Florida’s Board of County Commissioners about why some people have adverse reactions to the jabs and others don’t.

The word is getting out.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24272 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Doctors have 2 choices as the truth becomes more and more evident- they can continue to toe the party line and recommend the poison, or they can start “questioning the science” as the facts become more and more undeniable. Given that the latest gobbledegook concoction isn’t even targeting the prevalent dominant strains of virus, wise physicians would do well to choose their course carefully.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love classic cartoons and found a cable channel that shows a lot of them. There is a nauseating commercial running nonstop on it that depicts Elmo and his Dad pushing for kids to be vaccinated. Its produced by the CDC.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16200 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I love classic cartoons and found a cable channel that shows a lot of them. There is a nauseating commercial running nonstop on it that depicts Elmo and his Dad pushing for kids to be vaccinated. It’s produced by the CDC.

Winning hearts and minds. Classic psyops.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Oh, now I get it- everyone is “confused” on whether we need to inject ourselves with poison or not. These assholes are getting more desperate by the day. Confused! The CDC doesn’t seem confused though; they are URGING parents to get their 6 month old and older children injected with this garbage. Throw in a dash of fear and some vague threats about being able to get together if people don’t.

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...updated-booster/amp/

Dr. Ashish Jha, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, said Americans seem “confused” about whether they need an updated COVID-19 vaccine booster, urging people to get another shot if it’s been six months since their last one.

Jha told ABC’s “This Week” co-anchor Martha Raddatz that people are still “learning about the new COVID vaccine,” referring to the bivalent booster that now targets both the original strain of the novel coronavirus and the omicron variant.

“There are still a lot of people that are confused about whether they need one or not,” he said. “We’re being very clear about this — if you’ve not gotten a vaccine in the last six months, it is essential to go out and get the new, updated bivalent.”

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is now recommending bivalent booster shots for children as young as six months old.

Jha’s remarks come as health officials have recorded a more than 40 percent increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations since Thanksgiving. The U.S. is also struggling with a deadly flu season and a surge in RSV, another respiratory illness that can be life-threatening for children.

Jha on Sunday said the”substantial increase” of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations is being seen across most of the country.

As in previous winters, he said the coronavirus was spreading through the cold and dry air and because more Americans were gathering together indoors.

“The good news here is that we can prevent those infections from turning into serious illness if people go out and get that updated bivalent vaccine,” he said. “We’re making the case that we’re at a point where it’s safe to gather, but you still have things to do. If we don’t do those things, obviously things can get much worse.”

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jha’s remarks come as health officials have recorded a more than 40 percent increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations since Thanksgiving.

Uh huh... mostly vaxxed, I'd bet.

quote:
“The good news here is that we can prevent those infections from turning into serious illness if people go out and get that updated bivalent vaccine,” he said.

Where's the data?
There is none, because these "bivalent vaccines” were given EUA and rolled out with little or no testing.

-rduckwor

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

“The good news here is that we can prevent those infections from turning into serious illness if people go out and get that updated bivalent vaccine,” he said. “We’re making the case that we’re at a point where it’s safe to gather, but you still have things to do. If we don’t do those things, obviously things can get much worse.”

Oh fuck you. Seriously, just shut up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

There is none, because these "bivalent vaccines” were given EUA and rolled out with little or no testing.

It's even worse than that. If we accept the premise that the previous jabs provided some protection from the virus, they've now changed the jab to be much less effective. Yet it is just as hazardous as the previous jab.

The bivalent booster is a half dose original Wuhan strain and a half dose Omicron. The Wuhan jab does zero zip nada to protect against the Omicron strains (the only strains still around). So the jab provides a half strength dose against current strains.

Half the protection, all the danger.

Why would they do this? Simply to get it through EUA approval without having to start over with all the trials, thus avoiding having to prove any safety or any effectiveness.

Posts: 9554 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
...so maybe there is hope yet.

Go to an airport now, and your feelings of hope will likely diminish.

That's because airports (and elementary schools) are super spreaders...LOL

Posts: 2872 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two weeks ago, Dr. Kevin Stillwagon updated Orange County, Florida’s Board of County Commissioners about why some people have adverse reactions to the jabs and others don’t.

The word is getting out.

Wow, I bet the social media folks don't like that guy.

Posts: 2872 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Fine. They don’t have to like him. Or even believe him. Let’s see if they are still alive in 2 to 5 years. Keep getting the shot. Let’s see who Darwin favors.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12826 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to see the chickens come home to roost.

Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
quote:

The word is getting out.

Wow, I bet the social media folks don't like that guy.

Guys, this is like shit from a tabloid being passed around. SF if far better than that.

I’m as open to ideas and thoughts as the next guy but this “doctor” is a chiropractor and former airline pilot who most understand doesn’t have a respected opinion.

Posts: 5078 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Doesn’t mean it’s not true.