SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I hate predicting election outcomes but I think you are right. I just moved from solid blue Maryland and even my liberal friends up there aren’t denying it’s a shitshow. I see a huge red wave coming. It’s why I don’t even understand the Dems and their filibuster busting. If, and they won’t, but if they succeeded it would blow up in their face in 10 months. Most of BBB could be unraveled quickly as much of it had short time spans to keep the cost “estimates” in the silly stupid range instead of the incredibly stupid range an accurate assessment would have entailed.

Supply chains will be fixed because the gross ignorance of single point sourcing has been exposed to even the most head in the sand politicians.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Larson is Far Side

Scott Adams is Dilbert

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
2/1 and we're done! No more mask mandate, no more vaccine mandate. We rebel and take our lives back from COVID.

Today's ruling was a big one. The military still has the vaccine mandate.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
You're right!
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Larson is Far Side

Scott Adams is Dilbert

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
CDC Director States Change to Definition of Fully Vaccinated Likely to Change Soon, Must be Boosted

The White House COVID manipulation team held a presser today highlighting the current situation with COVID-19 and their political perspectives on the Omicron variant.

Within the discussion, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky noted the CDC is about to change the definition of “fully vaccinated” to include a mandated booster shot. WATCH:

https://theconservativetreehou...oon-must-be-boosted/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Please continue praying for our cause at my airline. The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals is still deciding our case, and we were actually hoping to hear a decision this week...guess not. But I am trusting in our Lord that the outcome will find favor with us and we can start the process of telling our egomaniac of a CEO to SUCK IT!!!!!

Thanks all, for your support. Oh...our website has been updated and looks pretty good. Here's a video the webmaster produced...

We are still in need of financial assistance and with no income or benefits, and the company blocking our access to our 401k funds and from contractually applying with another air carrier, the belt is getting tightened. If you find it in your hearts to contribute, ANYTHING will help. Blessings to you all!!

https://ae4hf.org/

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I was in a Publix today, getting some groceries and my blood pressure medication. A male pharmacist behind the counter was talking to a customer when I walked up. The first thing I heard was the customer say something about getting his "shot". He was not wearing a mask. The pharmacist said "And where's your mask?" I looked at the pharmacist and it appears he was asking the customer, who responded with something nonsensical about how he'll get his mask after he takes "the shot." The pharmacist said "I appreciate that. Everyone should wear their mask." I'm guessing that was for me to over hear and I was thinking "Ask me. Go ahead. Say something to me, Fauci Junior and see what you get. I'm old enough to be your daddy, boy." He was not wearing an N95 mask, just a plain old cloth one, and I was prepared to school this guy.

He never looked at me and someone else assisted me at the counter. Every time I go in to that store, I'm not wearing a mask, and no one has said a word to me and I'm guessing they won't, but I did get the feeling today that part of what he said was intended for me. The odd thing is, there was a period, perhaps three months ago, when I noticed fewer people wearing masks in there than today. Today, I saw only one other person without a mask, a male, looked to be about 30. The employees must mask up as a condition of employment, but the customers, well, they disappoint me greatly. We were moving in the right direction and then OOOOOOHHH, A NEW VARIANT!! Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I recently switched my grocery shopping preference from Kroger, because of their policy to require unvaccinated employees pay some type of "COVID penalty" toward their healthcare, to H-E-B. I've convinced myself, however, there are more sheep patrons at H-E-B than there are at Kroger, as there seems to be more mask-wearing, weak-minded sheeple at H-E-B. Could just be my imagination, though.

The CDC has come out and publicly admitted that cloth masks do NOTHING. NUH-THING...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Today is this thread's second anniversary...
I just wonder if Pipe Smoker thought in a million years if the idiocy of this country (and the world, for that matter) would be revealed when he first created this thread??? It would be interesting to get his take on it...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was in a Publix today, getting some groceries and my blood pressure medication. A male pharmacist behind the counter was talking to a customer when I walked up. The first thing I heard was the customer say something about getting his "shot". He was not wearing a mask. The pharmacist said "And where's your mask?" I looked at the pharmacist and it appears he was asking the customer, who responded with something nonsensical about how he'll get his mask after he takes "the shot." The pharmacist said "I appreciate that. Everyone should wear their mask." I'm guessing that was for me to over hear and I was thinking "Ask me. Go ahead. Say something to me, Fauci Junior and see what you get. I'm old enough to be your daddy, boy." He was not wearing an N95 mask, just a plain old cloth one, and I was prepared to school this guy.

He never looked at me and someone else assisted me at the counter. Every time I go in to that store, I'm not wearing a mask, and no one has said a word to me and I'm guessing they won't, but I did get the feeling today that part of what he said was intended for me. The odd thing is, there was a period, perhaps three months ago, when I noticed fewer people wearing masks in there than today. Today, I saw only one other person without a mask, a male, looked to be about 30. The employees must mask up as a condition of employment, but the customers, well, they disappoint me greatly. We were moving in the right direction and then OOOOOOHHH, A NEW VARIANT!! Roll Eyes

It's near 90-95% here in masks now. Three months ago it was 30% or so.

Omicron got people freaking out for some reason. It like seasonal allergies for most people.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Omicron: seventy times more transmissible than Delta and less pathogenic than Delta. People need to inform themselves. The problem is that the places they go to get information are LYING to them.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
See more masks now in public, and Publix for that matter, folks in the pharmacy wear them but don't say anything to customers, maybe I've got that older guy not gonna put up with that shit look, wife says I do...

Down here the Karens have been keeping to themselves, and that's good, reduces the problem of interaction between maskaholics and Freedom loving air breathing folks..

Going to say that I don't think we'll ever see a winter flu season again where you don't see people masking up...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

By this time next year, I hope to see full shelves, no masks, and a Republican-controlled Congress.
Amen!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today is this thread's second anniversary, and the lying bullshit is still going strong. By this time next year, I hope to see full shelves, no masks, and a Republican-controlled Congress.

Ditto. I also hope to see some serious investigations into Fauci, the CDC, and FDA for so much crappy information and absolutely wrong information only making things worse. The best thing would for Fauci to be in a cell where anyone can come visit from the outside and piss on him through the bars.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Same thing here on masks. Governor lifted state of emergency a few months back and about half the people in grocery removed masks. Now it’s the same as when we had a mandate. Meaning I’m the lone person shopping for food with no mask. Sheep. It disgusts me.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
For me, I am still wearing a mask. I try to visit my mom every weekend to see her and help her with things she needs. My mom has terminal cancer and I know that if she gets COVID, she will die so I have to do everything I can to prevent getting it or giving it to her. She is doing well despite the cancer and has surprised all doctors with how she has done fighting it naturally until she finally had to start taking a cancer pill for it. That is a whole other story.

Unfortunately I got it because my wife and her friends didn’t understand how the antigen rapid test works and at what point a person is contagious or will test positive. Her and her friends all tested negative so they met up not knowing one of them had it and was contagious. Everyone of them got COVID and my wife passed it on to me. I got so lucky I did not pass it on to my mom when I saw her. I won’t see her again until I test negative on another antigen test. I still test positive as of yesterday.

I hate it, but I am going to do whatever I have to in order to protect my mom. I got the first two Moderna vaccines, but I have decided to not get anymore and regret getting the ones I did. So just know someone you might see in the store wearing a mask might be in a situation like me.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Storminnorimin, That was over the top. Sorry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe123,

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My 15 year old son was swabbed at his Dr’s office on Wednesday and the results we received yesterday say he had it. I say had because as of last night, he is symptom free. He had a fever Wednesday, lots of aches and pains, tiredness, runny nose, and a cough. His symptoms started Tuesday.

He probably got it from me as I started having mild symptoms last Saturday. Last night my sense of taste left me and my sense of smell is severely diminished. My symptoms peaked Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. I had an intermittent cough, some aches and pains which I took two Tylenol for, and the sniffles. I’ve been a bit tired all week, but continued my normal routine. If it weren’t for learning my son’s result yesterday and my loss of taste and smell last night, I would never have guessed I had COVID.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe123:
Storminnorimin, No fuck that the masks don't work, that is proven. Now if you fully suit up hazmat style that might work. If you really are worried about being protected you wouldn't viset your mom at all, in fear of infection. Bur you think a stupid paper mask will stop this virus. Nope! I am tired of all this bullshit! You really want to quarantine your mom, better figure it out, no contact, that means you! No human contact. I AM TIRED of all this fear mongering and ready to just live my life. Two weeks to slow the spread turned into two years, well fuck, now you are just eating into my life, and I WILL LIVE instead of live in fear.

You might want to rethink your approach here bud.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe123:

Lighten up. If this must be discussed, do it in a calmer fashion. The guy doesn't need this right now. We are not qualified to be his judges.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve popped in time and time again to say the same damn thing. MASKS DO NOT STOP COVID SPREAD.

PERIOD.

Even the vaunted N95 mask will only stop large droplet expulsion- microscopic vapor transmission goes right on happening if it is not fit tested. And if infected people re-use them (golly, these things are expensive and it’s not even dirty) they are walking virus shedding factories. The VAST majority of maskers wear complete garbage. Cloth, shitty Chinese garbage, even legitimate surgical masks which are poorly fitting and sealing devices.

People have been fooled into thinking they are effective so they act like they have a virus killing force field around them.

Masks are a confidence trick unless they are a full face respirator with true filtration. And have been fit tested. And are completely sanitized between uses. Since this big lie began, I have shunned mask use everywhere. I have ignored store employees quoting store policies. I have gotten the dreaded wuflu once and since I refuse to get the magical snake oil that has absolutely no effect on stopping one from getting said wuflu, I have lasting natural immunity that allows me to walk through life with IMPUNITY against a virus I now can neither harbor or spread.

I’m hoping that in the near future everyone comes to terms with this lunacy; when I see people driving around by themselves or walking in the clean fresh air with a stupid mask on their face, I realize that it will take a LOT of red pilling before masks go away.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post