SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/..._campaign=digitalsub

New Hampshire is poised to become the first state in the United States to make Ivermectin available as an over the counter medication and sanction it as a protected treatment for COVID-19, under a bill before the House Health, Human Services, and Elderly Affairs Committee.

While similar bills proposed in three other states have been ill received, the primary sponsor of the New Hampshire bill told The Epoch Times she expects a slightly amended version to garner enough votes from the Republican majority committee to send it for approval to the GOP-controlled House of Representatives.

The House has already shown support for other COVID-related bills including statewide bans against both government and private-imposed mandates related to the virus.

“I have absolutely no doubt lives will be saved if human grade Ivermectin was available to COVID patients,” state Republican Rep. Leah Cushman, also a registered nurse, told The Epoch Times about her proposed bill HB3005.

But Dr. David Levine of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center said that prescribing Ivermectin is “dangerous and totally out of line with standard of medical care around the world.”

Dr. William Palmer, governor of the New Hampshire Chapter of the American College of Physicians, who also submitted written testimony on the bill, said he was concerned that if passed it would have the potential to overwhelm the state’s health care system with cases of “Ivermectin-induced side effects.”

Dr. Paul Marik, neurocritical care doctor who has published more than 600 peer review papers in his field, testified that Ivermectin, “is one of the safest drugs on the face on this planet.”

According to Marik human-grade Ivermectin is approved for the treatment of viruses in 79 countries.

Quoting the World Health Organization’s own data, Marik pointed out that 3.7 billion doses have been dispensed to humans since its discovery in 1987 as an anti-parasitic drug.

“So somehow Japanese people, Indian people, Brazilian people can tolerate it safely but it’s toxic in Americans. You have to be kidding,” Marik said.

Marik, who is a co-founder of the physician-comprised advocacy group Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), recently resigned from his position at the Eastern Virginia Medical School over his legal battles with the hospital for treating COVID patients with Ivermectin and other alternative medications.

He faced disciplinary action by medical licensing boards for promoting alternative treatments of other diseases.

Marik cited several studies in his testimony that he said definitively proved Ivermectin has both viricudal and anti-inflammatory properties and that it has already been treated successfully used to treat deadly diseases like the mosquito-borne Zika virus and other similar viruses to the SARS-CoV-2 RNA viruses that causes COVID-19.

The New England Journal of Medicine recently published a study entitled “Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19.”

“[Ivermectin] kills the virus so any assumption it doesn’t is false propaganda,” said Marik.

I read a lot about Dr Paul Marik. He seems very qualified to speak about COVID19 treatments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe123:
I am tired of all this bullshit!
Responding with a rant to a man's post about his concerns for his terminally ill mother is inappropriate. You wouldn't be preaching at the man like this if this conversation were taking place face to face. Be cool, and think before you post.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
New Hampshire is poised to become the first state in the United States to make Ivermectin available as an over the counter medication and sanction it as a protected treatment for COVID-19, under a bill before the House Health, Human Services, and Elderly Affairs Committee.

sdy: That is great news!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

That's incredible. Unbelievable it's taken this long. Hope they get it through.

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

Live Free or Die, baby! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
quote:
quote:

That's incredible. Unbelievable it's taken this long. Hope they get it through.
It disgusts me that legislation is necessary in the first place. Are legislatures now going to approve through legislation cancer treatments. We have truly reached the heights of moronic behavior.
quote:
“So somehow Japanese people, Indian people, Brazilian people can tolerate it safely but it’s toxic in Americans. You have to be kidding,” Marik said.
Every GD 'expert' in this country should be forcibly required to answer this question.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia Dems Block Ivermectin, HCQ Treatments for COVID Patients, Order Capitol Police to Throw Citizens Out

https://nationalfile.com/virgi...lice-throw-citizens/

Virginia State Senate Democrats blocked a bill on Thursday that would have allowed healthcare providers to prescribe Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine to COVID patients, shutting down a public comment session and ordering Virginia Capitol Police officers to throw citizens out of the room.
The move came as members of the Senate Education and Health Committee took up Senate Bill 73, introduced by conservative Senator Amanda Chase. The bill would have allowed licensed healthcare providers with prescriptive authority to prescribe Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine to patients suffering from COVID-19.

While all six Republicans on the Committee voted to advance the bill, all nine Democrats voted to kill it, ensuring that SB73 will never advance to the full Senate for a vote, where Democrats still hold a slim majority as seats in that chamber were not up for grabs during November’s GOP wave.

As Democrats moved to kill the bill, Committee Chairwoman Louise Lucas silenced a public comment session, cutting the remote audio feed of Charlottesville radio show host Rob Schilling as he addressed the people’s elected representatives and advocated to keep the government out of healthcare decisions.

After the committee’s party-line vote, Lucas continued to silence the citizenry, including doctors and the family members of COVID patients who came to speak on the bill, repeatedly banging her gavel as she ordered Virginia Capitol Police officers to remove those concerned with SB73 from the room.

“Virginians are dying,” a woman shouted out as Lucas ordered the public to leave. “People across this nation are dying as a result of this man,” she continued, holding up a copy of the book The Real Anthony Fauci, written by medical freedom and vaccine transparency activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

“Tyrants!” the woman shouted as she and the others were thrown out of the room.

In a comment to National File after Democrats killed the bill, Virginia state Sen. Amanda Chase compared and contrasted Democrats’ banning of COVID treatments with their recent legalization of marijuana in the state, saying that Democrats have allowed Virginians the right to try pot, but not COVID treatments.

“Democrats will legalize marijuana but prohibit the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID in a right to try state like Virginia,” Chase told National File.

“If Virginians are going to be given the right to try marijuana, then give them the right to try life-saving Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine.”

Last year, Chase introduced legislation to bar Virginia municipalities from forcing their employees to accept the COVID vaccine, but that bill was also blocked by the Democrat-controlled Senate as state Senator Jen Kiggans abstained from the vote.

Democrat Senator and Committee Chairwoman Louise Lucas took to Twitter after blocking SB73 and kicking the public out, promising over a span of several posts that a Democrat “brick wall” will throw Republican bills in the trash, before crumpling up a piece of paper and tossing it aside.

In 2020, as Black Lives Matter mobs tore through Portsmouth, Virginia, Lucas was caught on tape dressed in Antifa-style garb and using powers she claimed to have a State Senator to order police officers to stand down so that a crowd of Black Lives Matter demonstrators could destroy the city’s Confederate monument.

When they did, a portion of the monument fell onto a demonstrator’s head, leaving him with a catastrophic injury.

Lucas was arrested and charged with felonies alongside NAACP leadership and members of the Portsmouth Public Defender’s Office after an investigation led by then-Portsmouth Police Chief Angela Greene alleged that Lucas and company engaged in a conspiracy to destroy the city’s historic monument.

Greene was later fired and charges against Lucas were dropped by Portsmouth’s Soros-funded prosecutor.

Videos at link

Posts: 12651 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Ivermectin - The Hidden (in Plain Sight) Cure for COVID

Here's an article published June 21, 2021 in / by the American Journal of Therapeutics re: the efficacy of Ivermectin for Prevention AND Treatment of COVID-19:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

This is just one of many similar studies NOBODY is talking about, but note the url on this one:

NCBI - National Center for Biotechnology Information

NLB - [US] National Library of Medicine

NIH - National Institutes of Health

Findings from the article:

Conclusions:

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

[SNIP]

The findings indicate with moderate certainty that ivermectin treatment in COVID-19 provides a significant survival benefit.

[SNIP]

Given the evidence of efficacy, safety, low cost, and current death rates, ivermectin is likely to have an impact on health and economic outcomes of the pandemic across many countries. Ivermectin is not a new and experimental drug with an unknown safety profile. It is a WHO “Essential Medicine” already used in several different indications, in colossal cumulative volumes. Corticosteroids have become an accepted standard of care in COVID-19, based on a single RCT of dexamethasone.1 If a single RCT is sufficient for the adoption of dexamethasone, then a fortiori the evidence of 2 dozen RCTs supports the adoption of ivermectin.

Ivermectin is likely to be an equitable, acceptable, and feasible global intervention against COVID-19. Health professionals should strongly consider its use, in both treatment and prophylaxis.

Bottom line - Ivermectin works EVERYWHERE it's been tried, but Africa and India are two of the BIG ones. Embedded below is a graphic showing the results from Aftica, where the WHO has promoted Ivermectin usage. Guess what else is also widely used in Africa and classified as an 'Essential Medicine' for both prophylactic and treatment usage....Hydroxychloroquine!

Hmmm...

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here is the Ivermectin paper mentioned in my post a few posts above

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

"Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified."

Big media widely reported this was a "horse pill" that was deadly to humans.

The big question - why are Democrats so fanatical to not allow doctors prescribe an effective drug ? A safe drug ? Maybe DEMs want this pandemic to last & last

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Today is this thread's second anniversary, and the lying bullshit is still going strong. By this time next year, I hope to see full shelves, no masks, and a Republican-controlled Congress.

From your keyboard to God’s ear.

Personally, I think a lot of folks should be tried, convicted, and publicly executed over this, but that’s not going to happen. Your hopes, on the other hand, seem possible and still very satisfying. Fingers crossed…

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Lighten up. If this must be discussed, do it in a calmer fashion. The guy doesn't need this right now. We are not qualified to be his judges.

Ayup. I’ve made my choices, but I don’t know anyone else’s health or family situation and I’m not about to judge them. I’ll do what works for me and let other do what works for them.

Along the same lines, I much prefer businesses that aren’t buying into Gruesome Newscum’s^H^H, uh, I mean Gavin Newsome’s mandates, but I’m not about to get pissy with the small business that is going along to try to stay in business. If there is an alternative, I’ll go there instead, but I’m not going to give some minimum wage clerk a ration of crud about how stupid we both probably think the mandates are.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Recently Mrs DF and I flew to Tennessee. We used Delta. I'm quite aware of the farce that most masks are.I wore an N95 mask that seals to my face. It was new and in perfect working order. 20 mins into the flight an attendant objected to my mask and insisted I wear one of their approved masks. I complied. The replacement mask was a useless fig leaf of a device from which unfiltered air passed by the bridge of my nose, the sides of my face and under my chin. When I coughed, a rush of air blew right to my seat mate. Ironically I was listening to Orwell's 1984 during the part where he describes the gears and cogs of oppressive bureaucracy and the 2 minutes of hate. When's the last time you read 1984?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I hate it, but I am going to do whatever I have to in order to protect my mom.

Can't blame you for that. The disease affects some people very little and others quite significantly, with the immunocompromised falling into that latter group.

quote:
I got the first two Moderna vaccines, ...

My wife and I both passed on the "vaccines," using this logic:

1. My wife is allergic to nearly any- and everything. To the point she one time ended-up being hauled away in an ambulance and in the ICU due to Anaphylaxis. This from a common antibiotic. Given the "vaccines'" questionable efficacy and the potential danger to her, we felt it a poor gamble.

2. The "vaccines" efficacy simply aren't that great, so me getting jabbed wouldn't have significantly improved the odds against me becoming infected and passing it to her. I have a very robust immune system, so my personal risk was probably fairly low. Why should I risk the potential downsides of the "vaccines" for a low return value?

quote:
So just know someone you might see in the store wearing a mask might be in a situation like me.

I figure it's not my place to judge people I see in stores or whatever wearing masks. Their reasons are their reasons. I really don't even think twice about it.

(IMO, some of the anti-mask critics are as bad as the pro-mask Karens.)

Now, the people riding in their cars all alone, out walking or riding a bike with nobody anywhere nearby, etc.: That's a different story. Still: If that's what blows their skirts up... but I will shake my head, chuckle, and think "idiot!" Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
wcb6092, that story on the VA legislature is absolutely infuriating. I can only hope to still be around when petty tyrants like that Lucas woman get their due!

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden Administration Confirms Canadian and Mexican Truck Drivers Must Show Vaccination Passport Beginning Today

Given the destabilized and tenuous nature of the current supply chain, many people wondered if the Biden administration would actually be stupid enough to follow through with a truck driver vaccination mandate. The answer is yes.

[Dept. of Homeland Security] – [..] “Starting on January 22, 2022, the Department of Homeland Security will require that non-U.S. individuals entering the United States via land ports of entry or ferry terminals along our Northern and Southern borders be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be prepared to show related proof of vaccination,” said Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas. “These updated travel requirements reflect the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to protecting public health while safely facilitating the cross-border trade and travel that is critical to our economy.”

https://theconservativetreehou...omorrow/#more-225672

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Storminnorimin, That was over the top. Sorry.

I appreciate that. Thank you.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden Administration Confirms Canadian and Mexican Truck Drivers Must Show Vaccination Passport Beginning Today

Given the destabilized and tenuous nature of the current supply chain, many people wondered if the Biden administration would actually be stupid enough to follow through with a truck driver vaccination mandate. The answer is yes.

[Dept. of Homeland Security] – [..] “Starting on January 22, 2022, the Department of Homeland Security will require that non-U.S. individuals entering the United States via land ports of entry or ferry terminals along our Northern and Southern borders be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be prepared to show related proof of vaccination,” said Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas. “These updated travel requirements reflect the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to protecting public health while safely facilitating the cross-border trade and travel that is critical to our economy.”

You'd think these IMBECILES (the Geniuses from the US & CA .gov alike) might get together and get on the same page for the mutual benefit of the populations they govern, which would be the opposite page they're both on currently...But of course, you'd be wrong! Roll Eyes

And why the Fuck is Mayorkas even involved and making this announcement anyway? He's Homeland Security and certainly has other shit he should be focused on...Not to mention that the 'Homeland' is NOT at risk from an invasion by Canadian truckers! Is Butt-gig still out on 'Maternity Leave' learning how to breastfeed? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Live Free or Die!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

 “These updated travel requirements reflect the Biden-Harris Administration’s commitment to protecting public health while safely facilitating the cross-border trade and travel that is critical to our economy.”

Yes, because some dude all by himself in the cab of a truck hauling a bunch of much needed things to stock America’s bare shelves is a threat to public health. Yeah and if they do have their vaccination, we all know how well that works! Roll Eyes They couldn’t screw this up worse if they tried….well maybe they could.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

This ought to do wonders at 'solving' our supply chain problems.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is this bitch just straight-up crazy?

Here the CDC has lowered quarantine recommendations to 5 days, down from 10 and that down from the original 14. This power-mad lunatic is doubling down and INCREASING that in New Zealand Mad

Jacinda Ardern will force household Covid contacts to isolate for 24 DAYS in new crackdown as NZ braces for Omicron outbreak

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post