SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Does anyone know the shelf life and required storage conditions for the at home test?

The most recent Abbott BinaxNow test kit I used was made 12/27/21 and good through 9/12/2022. Says to be stored between 35.6-86 degrees F.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe how the CDC and other state and local governments treat vaccinated people like they are 100% safe from anything. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and we both got it. She got it first and passed it to me. As soon as I knew she had it I was not yet showing symptoms but quarantined so I would not put others at risk.

If you look at the CDC website, they say that if you are fully vaccinated and come into close contact with a person known to have COVID, you don’t have to quarantine. They say the same that if you have had COVID in the last 90 days, and come into close contact with a person known to have COVID that you don’t have to quarantine. https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...ntine-isolation.html

A person is contagious 1-2 days before showing any symptoms and vaccinated people still get it as do people who have already had it. If I followed the CDC’s advice I would have been going about my routine day infecting people.

My mom has cancer and I don’t want to visit her until I test negative. CDC says you are good to go 5 days after your symptoms started. I am not trusting my mom’s life on them. I understand you can test positive with a lab PCR test for up to 12 weeks, but from what I understand if you test positive on a rapid antigen test, then you are still contagious. I am on day 8 after my symptoms started and I went and got a rapid antigen test done today and I am still positive. I don’t trust anything the CDC says. I am doing what I think is right.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My BIL recently contracted covid. He tried fighting it on his own for a few days and was not improving. He went to the ER and they did some blood test on him and confirmed he had covid and was going to give him some steroids but decided not to and sent him home with some portable O2. My BIL is about 6 foot and over 300 pounds and not in the best shape. It is my opinion that they sent him home without any treatment and knew there was a chance he may not recover because of his weight if he was not treated correctly. The next day he was coughing pretty bad and his O2 levels were dropping. My sister took him back to the same ER and this time they admitted him and transferred him to another local hospital and started treating him with steroids, antibiotics, etc. He stayed in the covid ward for 3 days and Praise God is now home and recovering very well. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The liars, propagandists, genuinely stupid bureaucrats and the drug companies will draw it out for as long as they can (and end up revealing themselves to all but the most dull-witted among us) but light is beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel.
Unfortunately we've seen through this bug that group is a large subset of this country. I simply can't believe there are so many people who just don't want to turn loose of this BS and get back to normal.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
February 1st...Mark it. Endemicity.

Starbucks, Omicron and the COVID endemicity endgame: Morning Brief

Friday, January 21, 2021

Coffee giant rips off the band-aid, clearing a path for others

There was no shortage of market-moving headlines in Thursday’s session: Netflix’s subscriber growth outlook let down investors, while battered tech stocks struggled to claw their way out of correction territory. And Peloton shocked the world (and its investors) by halting production on its high-end exercise equipment, according to a bombshell CNBC report.

However, kudos to Yahoo Finance’s Anjalee Khemlani for honing in on what was arguably the day’s most intriguing theme, which also ties into another surprising development that involved Starbucks (SBUX). In the wake of last week’s Supreme Court ruling that partly struck down the Biden administration's COVID-19 vaccine mandate, the coffee giant became the first major company to backtrack on its own requirement that workers be inoculated.

Stay ahead of the market
Khemlani’s conversation with University of Saskatchewan virologist Angela Rasmussen yielded an insight we at the Morning Brief recently explored — namely, what the arrival of the hyper-transmissive Omicron variant means for society, and for a patchwork of restrictions that are becoming more counterproductive by the day.

Employing the concept of “endemicity” — a highfalutin epidemiological term that, in the interest of full disclosure, I literally just learned how to pronounce a few weeks ago — Rasmussen essentially dashed hopes that we can vaccinate our way out of the pandemic.

“I don't think that elimination is going to be possible with this virus,” she told Yahoo Finance Live, as the virus moves from pandemic to endemic. That sentiment was reinforced by the World Health Organization's director of emergency programs, Dr. Mike Ryan.

"We won't end the virus this year, we may never end the virus. These pandemic viruses end up becoming part of the ecosystem," Ryan told the World Economic Forum, Khemlani reported.

Previously, the Morning Brief has argued that whatever specious utility vaccine protocols may have enjoyed early on has been upended by the appearance of a variant that's infected scores of the vaccinated.

Among other things, the debatable efficacy of mandates has isolated the unvaccinated in ways that deprive struggling businesses of patrons, and needed workers of gainful employment. For those reasons, the Czech Republic’s newly-elected government rightly reversed a plan to require vaccinations among citizens there, a move designed to avoid "deepening fissures" among the electorate.

The New York Times hit the nail on the head by highlighting how Starbucks’ move to quickly abandon its employee mandate shows how “retailers and their advocates had been among the most vocal critics of the federal government’s vaccine rule, saying it would have exacerbated their struggles to hire or hold on to workers when millions of unemployed Americans remain on the sidelines of the job market.”

To be certain, the coffee giant and other brands will need to comply with state and federal guidelines, and there’s no indication states like New York and California will back away from their insistence on vaccine restrictions.

Yet both (blue) states have seen an uneven recovery that's sent many citizens in search of greener pastures in (red) areas — mainly in an effort to escape COVID-19 restrictions (alas, a story for another edition). The variant’s rapid spread among both the vaccinated and unvaccinated have shattered the illusion that the virus can somehow be mandated into submission.

And the unexpected spike in the latest jobless claims data served as a timely reminder that even a white-hot jobs market isn’t entirely impervious to uncertainty stemming from COVID-19 — or, for that matter, ill-advised restrictions that block workers from jobs, or force companies to get rid of them if they don’t comply (looking at you, Jamie Dimon).

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...brief-101329577.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can’t believe how the CDC and other state and local governments treat vaccinated people like they are 100% safe from anything. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and we both got it. She got it first and passed it to me. As soon as I knew she had it I was not yet showing symptoms but quarantined so I would not put others at risk.

You are making the assumption that the CDC actually wants this to go away and/or cares about the health and well being of your loved ones.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The CDC has been weaponized by the leftist attackers of liberty in this country, and the globalists giving them their marching orders. Just like the FBI, or the FDA.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep:

Covid-19 vaccines and treatments: we must have raw data, now BMJ 2022 (Published 19 January 2022)

We are left with publications but no access to the underlying data on reasonable request. This is worrying for trial participants, researchers, clinicians, journal editors, policy makers, and the public. The journals that have published these primary studies may argue that they faced an awkward dilemma, caught between making the summary findings available quickly and upholding the best ethical values that support timely access to underlying data. In our view, there is no dilemma; the anonymised individual participant data from clinical trials must be made available for independent scrutiny.

Pharmaceutical companies are reaping vast profits without adequate independent scrutiny of their scientific claims. The purpose of regulators is not to dance to the tune of rich global corporations and enrich them further; it is to protect the health of their populations. We need complete data transparency for all studies, we need it in the public interest, and we need it now.
https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o102

A huge thank you to BMJ (British Medical Journal), who again has shown the bravery and honesty to tell truth to power.

This is what we are up against.

Neil Oliver: World leaders think the unvaccinated are next to idiots, racists and misogynists.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24049 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
"These actions by the state legislature are unacceptable and put Park City's and Utah's population at risk," a video showed one student saying over a megaphone.
JHC!!! These snot-nosed puke sheep have been brain-washed. Good god!! The American Civil War Part Deux is going to last about 17 minutes, given the intelligence of our "enemy"...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kids that age need to "stand" for something, anything.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I can’t believe how the CDC and other state and local governments treat vaccinated people like they are 100% safe from anything.
You forget...the CDC is just creating/following the narrative.

https://www.conservativedailyn...-that-aged-horribly/

“The Virus Stops With Every Vaccinated Person:” Eight Quotes From The ‘Experts’ That Aged Horribly

Parker BeauregardJanuary 21, 2022
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Kids that age need to "stand" for something, anything.
Yessir! It's alllllll about "the feels"......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
LifeNews.com

BREAKING: A federal court has blocked Joe Biden's COVID vaccine mandate for federal employees.

The plaintiffs have moved the court to preliminarily enjoin the enforcement of two executive orders by the President. The first, Executive Order 14042, is already the subject of a nationwide injunction. Because the injunction protects the plaintiffs from imminent harm, the court declines to enjoin the first order. The second, Executive Order 14043, amounts to a presidential mandate that all federal employees consent to vaccination against COVID-19 or lose their jobs. Because the President’s authority is not that broad, the court will enjoin the second order’s enforcement.

This will be appealed, of course, and work its way through the court system. But for now, federal employees can rejoice about not being subjugated to medical tyranny. Unfortunately, there are many who have already gone against their own desires and gotten the jabs to avoid being fired. Medical tyranny comes in many forms. Fighting executive branch overreach is just one battle in the war, and this battle isn’t over until the Supreme Court weighs in.

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/...n-federal-employees/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24049 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Link? I'm not finding this on this on LifeNews.com

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The CDC has been weaponized by the leftist attackers of liberty in this country, and the globalists giving them their marching orders. Just like the FBI, or the FDA.

I believe this 100%, I'll include the Justice Dept too.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Texas Judge Blocks Biden's Vaccine Mandate For Federal Employees Nationwide

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...te-federal-employees

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/...n-federal-employees/

-rduckwor

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Park City students walk out of class to protest Utah Legislature

Suck on it, you whiney, spoiled little bolshies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ivermectin Question:

Has anyone ever heard of ivermectin CAUSING a sore throat? My 63-year old cousin has tested positive, and is mostly following FLCCC guidelines. He is taking essentially a double dose for his weight (16mg twice a day). He stopped last night in anticipation of his covid test this morning. Took a dose afterward, and sore throat returned/worsened. I have to believe there is another cause, even just covid symptoms fluctuating. Anybody want to chime in?

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Peter McCullough: Vaccines Failed in Stopping COVID-19 and Mandates Have to Be Dropped

The COVID-19 vaccines have largely failed in stopping the transmission of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, especially for the most recent Omicron variant, so the vaccine mandate should be thrown away, according to Dr. Peter McCullough.

“The vaccines themselves have basically now become obsolete as the virus has continued to mutate,” McCullough told NTD’s “Capitol Report” in an interview broadcast on Wednesday. “So at this point of time, the vaccine mandates have to be dropped across the board.”

McCullough said some recent studies have shown the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines dropped significantly with the new variants.

“There’s a paper by Young-Xu in JAMA, the prior Delta strain that was only about 20 percent covered by the vaccines. Vaccines were very ineffective against Delta,” McCullough said.

The study, which is peer-reviewed and published on the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) last month, found that during the high-Delta period, the estimated vaccine effectiveness was 62.0 percent in the first month and decreased to 57.8 percent by month three. The decrease in vaccine effectiveness accelerated after month four, reaching a low of approximately 20 percent in months five through seven.

“And now a paper from Hansen from Denmark, and from the UK public health security report indicated, against Omicron the vaccines are basically ineffective,” McCullough continued.

The Danish study, a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed, found that vaccine effectiveness against Omicron was initially 55.2 percent and 36.7 percent for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, respectively, but waned rapidly over time. By comparison, vaccine effectiveness against Delta was significantly higher and better preserved over the same period.

The UK Health Security Agency report released on Dec. 31 also found that vaccine effectiveness against the Omicron variant is significantly lower than compared to the Delta variant and wanes rapidly.

“Among those who had received 2 doses of AstraZeneca, there was no effect against Omicron from 20 weeks after the second dose. Among those who had received 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, effectiveness dropped from around 65 to 70 percent down to around 10 percent by 20 weeks after the second dose,” the report (pdf) states.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been saying the COVID-19 vaccines are “safe and effective,” and serious adverse events are rare.

“The only thing the vaccines could have done is reduce the chances of getting COVID-19. … So many millions of Americans who have taken the vaccines have been disappointed to find out they contracted COVID-19 anyway,” McCullough continued.

On Wednesday, the CDC published a study showing protection from prior infection, or so-called natural immunity, was better than the protection from COVID-19 vaccines against the Delta variant.

McCullough also said the vaccine mandates lack the ethical or legal standing in the first place because the COVID-19 vaccines are “investigational.”

“All the vaccines are still investigational and in research. Mandates had no ethical or moral or legal standing from that perspective. No one can be forced into research against their will or be coerced into it.”

A spokesperson from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), didn’t answer directly whether COVID-19 vaccines are investigational, but told The Epoch Times that “all of the vaccines are under an EUA except for Comirnaty, which is fully approved.”

In a guidance (pdf) issued last year, FDA said emergency use authorizations (EUAs) are issued for investigational vaccines to prevent COVID-19 during the pandemic.

“We can’t have Americans have fear about losing their job or school or travel related to a failed vaccine,” McCullough said. “But even more so we need to re-examine what we’ve done with respect to our public health priorities and COVID-19.”

McCullough said that in March and April 2020 America should have had large randomized trials and moved very quickly into studying multi-drug treatment. However, the federal authorities refused to do so and made a big push for vaccines.

McCullough also shared the treatment for COVID-19 patients with the Omicron variant.

“Fortunately with the Omicron variants very mild, the main treatment is oral nasal virucidal washes with dilute povidone-iodine or hydrogen peroxide 12. Clinical trials show the biggest benefit of that is more than any other form of treatment,” McCullough said.

Occasionally patients may need additional oral drugs and Pfizer and Merck pills could be featured, the renowned cardiologist and epidemiologist added.

“And for severe cases we can use Sotrovimab, which is the GSK monoclonal antibody, may be in a high-risk senior or special case,” McCullough said.

“The vaccines aren’t treatment, they offered no hope of treating a patient once they contracted COVID-19. And we knew with respiratory virus they were very unlikely to be effective,” said the doctor.

The CDC has been saying that the COVID-19 vaccines could reduce severe illness and death, and vaccinated people should get a booster to keep up the protection.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Today is this thread's second anniversary, and the lying bullshit is still going strong. By this time next year, I hope to see full shelves, no masks, and a Republican-controlled Congress.

Don't be in a hurry to tell me I won't get my wishes. You don't want to do that.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Jefe, here's hoping it will be much sooner than that! Many more countries will be abandoning this nonsense in the coming weeks, and our would be dictators will have to follow suit.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post