SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Gawker put the story out in March 2013
(2.5 years ago)

HC left the State Dept in Feb 2013.

One month later the article from Gawker came out

http://gawker.com/5991563/hack...ating-former-staffer

from the Mar 2013 article

Hacked Emails Show Hillary Clinton Was Receiving Advice at a Private Email Account From Banned, Obama-Hating Former Staffer

And why was Clinton apparently receiving emails at a non-governmental email account?

The address Blumenthal was writing to was hosted at the domain "clintonemail.com" (we're not going to publish everybody's email address!), which is privately registered via Network Solutions. It is most certainly not a governmental account.

Staffers in the Bush White House famously used private email accounts to conduct government business as a way to circumvent the Presidential Records Act, which mandates that all official communications be archived.

While it's not strictly a violation of the PRA and FOIA for Clinton to conduct official business on a non-government account, the law requires that those emails be archived along with her @state.gov communications.

And there seems to be little reason to use a different account other than an attempt to shield her communications with Blumenthal from the prying eyes of FOIA requesters.

Neither the State Department nor the White House would immediately comment on whether the White House knew that Blumenthal was digitally whispering in Clinton's ear, or if the emails were preserved as the law requires.

And if, as it appears, Blumenthal's emails contained information that was classified , or ought to have been treated as such, it could be a major security breach for Clinton to have allowed it to be sent to her on an open account, rather than through networks the government has specifically established for the transmission of classified material. Why, someone could hack into it.

2.5 years ago. Some of the first Guccifer reports were released through Russian media

This story is so big, and so far no govt agency seems to be working it aggressively, it looks like a slow roll cover up.

With a routine small scale security problem, things happen in a matter of hours and days. It becomes top priority to resolve. Here we are literally years down the road and we are still getting the run around by everyone involved.

I had high hopes for Trey Gowdy, but I am disappointed he hasn't blown this thing wide open.

Judicial Watch and a few hours on the internet tell you more than all these fancy investigations have come up with.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hillary trying to do damage control with her fawning admirers...I mean media...Just repeating myself...

Are you sorry, do you apologize? Nah, I just wish I made different choices, I wasn't thinking - Vote for me, I don't think about stuff!

I wonder which consultant advised her to open her eyes as wide as possible and leave them that way for the entire video?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ayAe75QBk44

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder which consultant advised her to open her eyes as wide as possible and leave them that way for the entire video?

Probably just because Andrea Mitchell had a hand up Hillary's pants leg, giving her a hummer.

Beyond that, she's a really, REALLY poor liar. Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've said it before: It is apparent that Hillary Clinton is incapable of taking responsibility for any of her actions, and the phrase "I'm sorry" is foreign to her. This is not intended as an insult, although it certainly is an insult. It's apparent to me that she lacks the courage to own up to any of her many mistakes and crimes. Her ego simply will not allow her to appear to be at fault for anything. If that's not a character failing, then I don't know what is.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's apparent to me that she lacks the courage to own up to any of her many mistakes and crimes.

... and it may not even prevent her from getting the Dem. nomination.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The fact that it is considered unclassified by the State Dept seems quite odd, but that is just MHO.

Not entirely surprising. Look at the way the doc was marked - this is part of the documents released to Congress, and presumably something the State Department expected would eventually be released to the public.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

That is a side effect of botox to remove wrinkles.

Look at her eyebrows and forehead. Nothing moves.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
It's apparent to me that she lacks the courage to own up to any of her many mistakes and crimes.
... and it may not even prevent her from getting the Dem. nomination.
You say "not", but I think that's what's going to happen. It becomes more obvious with each passing day what has happened, but she will never admit it, and it's going to be her downfall and will prevent her from becoming president.

Everybody screws up. All adults should know this. Apparently, Hillary Clinton thinks we're very, very stupid.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've said it before: It is apparent that Hillary Clinton is incapable of taking responsibility for any of her actions, and the phrase "I'm sorry" is foreign to her. This is not intended as an insult, although it certainly is an insult. It's apparent to me that she lacks the courage to own up to any of her many mistakes and crimes. Her ego simply will not allow her to appear to be at fault for anything. If that's not a character failing, then I don't know what is.

She lacks the capacity for shame.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5786 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
She lacks the capacity for shame.

Ah, so we should let Bill tell her, then. Not that he has any capacity for shame, but he does have some political judgement.

And he's used to ducking whatever she throws.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You say "not", but I think that's what's going to happen. It becomes more obvious with each passing day what has happened, but she will never admit it,

Of course, she will never admit it...

It's still early. The election isn't for 14 months! Big Grin

But.... Biden doesn't seem to have the fire in the belly to take her on. That idea fizzled a bit at the DNC meeting last week.
Who then? Bernie Sanders won't be the nominee. The Dems seem to have a very shallow bench, having put all their eggs in one basket.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Bernie is their kind of puppet, and he's drawing big crowds, and fairly popular in social media. Him amd Faux may get the nod, in the absence of Biden or Hildebeast. And we can beat that, I think, as long as it's not against Jeb (a sure loser for us).

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
You say "not", but I think that's what's going to happen. It becomes more obvious with each passing day what has happened, but she will never admit it,

Of course, she will never admit it...

It's still early. The election isn't for 14 months! Big Grin

But.... Biden doesn't seem to have the fire in the belly to take her on. That idea fizzled a bit at the DNC meeting last week.
Who then? Bernie Sanders won't be the nominee. The Dems seem to have a very shallow bench, having put all their eggs in one basket.

My completely out of the blue, WAG is that when Biden met with Warren a week or 2 ago, Biden proposed that they sit on the sidelines and quietly make contacts with donors and campaign staff watching Hillary to see if she implodes by a certain date. If she does implode Biden/Warren will jump in and Biden will pledge to run for one term only, with the promise that Warren will be the nominee in 2020.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Instead of serving coffee obama is serving up the end of the clinton dynasty.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13423 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Your WAG is as good as any, probably better than most. Wink

-rduckwor

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Instead of serving coffee obama is serving up the end of the clinton dynasty.

Yep. As this email thing is unfolding, we have already outed TWO different people on Hillary's email list that were forbidden by the White House from serving under her. HUSSEIN is gonna enjoy bleeding her out.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
An oldie, but goodie:
Big Grin

-rduckwor

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtontimes.com...ls-mostly-sent-by-j/

Nearly a third of the classified messages released so far from former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s emails came from one man: Jake Sullivan, who served as her deputy chief of staff in the department, and is now the top foreign policy adviser to her presidential campaign.

Cheryl D. Mills, a longtime top Clinton aide who was chief of staff at the department, ranked second, and Huma Abedin, Mrs. Clinton’s close personal assistant who was also a deputy chief of staff, ranked third, with 27 emails sent by her that contain information marked “confidential” by the government, according to a Washington Times analysis.

Mrs. Clinton herself accounts for another 27 of the 186 marked messages that have been released so far, accounting for 2.3 percent of the 7,945 total that have been divulged as of Aug. 31. More than 20,000 messages are still to be released.

All told, 17 different people sent messages that now have been blacked out at least in part, due to classified information , which has become the focus of interest into the former secretary and current Democratic presidential hopeful’s email practices.

But it’s Mrs. Clinton’s inner circle that’s beginning to get more scrutiny, with experts saying they should have been aware they were exchanging potentially classified information.

“Should they have known? Yes. They should of because that’s their profession,” said Alan Edmunds, a lawyer who specializes in national security matters

The State Department has said the fact that the information is now classified doesn’t mean it was, or should have been, at the time the emails were sent. They’ve said it’s not their job to second-guess the circumstances at the time.

“Classification is not a black and white issue,” department spokesman Mark Toner said this week.

“You can talk about all of these things. Foreign policy priorities, interagency communications, at an unclassified and a classified level, and I can assure you, and I can assure the American people that these kinds of decisions are made by serious professionals within the State Department , but throughout the interagency everyday. And everybody receives extensive training, and everybody takes that responsibility seriously .”

keep in mind that Toner replaced Marie Harf. I guess she trained him.

Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
The State Department has said the fact that the information is now classified doesn’t mean it was, or should have been, at the time the emails were sent. They’ve said it’s not their job to second-guess the circumstances at the time.

This is important, and can't be discarded. A strong distinction exists between what they've classified now, and what was classified at the time of transmission. We need less of the former, and more of the latter to hang her properly.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post