SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Fox just reported the FBI found the non purged e-mails on the thumb drives and are tracing recipients and senders.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Fox just reported the FBI found the non purged e-mails on the thumb drives and are tracing recipients and senders.
Isn't it funny that although they always try, once correspondence is in electronic form, its like herpes...it never goes away. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
the FBI found the non purged e-mails on the thumb drives

What about the purged e-mails?
The 30,000 she deleted?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24279 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Anyone else fully expect Obama to pardon her when the time comes?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11460 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
From Fox News:

quote:

A top Republican senator is questioning whether Hillary Clinton's personal attorney had the security clearance to keep thumb drives containing thousands of her emails, after it was revealed some of her messages contained highly sensitive -- even "top secret" -- information.

"The transmission of classified material to an individual unauthorized to possess it is a serious national security risk," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote in a letter to Clinton lawyer David Kendall.

The FBI recently took possession of not only Clinton's personal server but three thumb drives kept by Kendall. The State Department previously has said that Clinton's attorney was approved to handle the documents -- telling Politico, before the files were turned over, that her counsel had "clearance." Further, the Clinton campaign said at the time "the thumb drive is secure."

Grassley for weeks has questioned whether that information was in fact being properly stored, asking FBI Director James Comey in late July what steps were being taken to secure the materials and whether Kendall had the "requisite security clearance."

But he upped the pressure in his letter to Kendall. He said recent revelations -- namely, inspector general findings that at least two emails on the server were classified at the "top secret" level -- and the FBI's takeover of the devices suggest Kendall was not authorized to have them.

"In light of that particular classification, which generally requires advanced protocols ... to possess and view, it appears the FBI has determined that your clearance is not sufficient to allow you to maintain custody of the emails," Grassley told Kendall in the letter, asking him a string of questions about his clearance levels.

Fox News is told the thumb drives are not a complete back-up copy of the server's contents but, rather, a copy of the emails Clinton did not purge.

The Clinton campaign has maintained she never exchanged emails marked as classified at the time, though the emails flagged by the IG were said to be classified from the start. The State Department has so far found dozens of classified emails in the Clinton trove, and recently referred more than 300 messages to various agencies for review to see whether they, too, have classified contents.

Grassley raised several concerns in his letter, including that Kendall reportedly did not get a safe from the State Department to store the thumb drives until July of this year.

For a period of months, Grassley wrote, "it appears that in addition to not having an adequate security clearance, you did not have the appropriate tools in place to secure the thumb drives. Even with the safe, there are questions as to whether it was an adequate mechanism to secure" the material.

He added, "it is imperative to confirm when, how, and why you, and any of your associates, received a security clearance in connection with your representation of Ms. Clinton and whether it was active while you had custody of Secretary Clinton's emails ... Moreover, if a person unauthorized to maintain custody of the classified materials does in fact maintain custody, it raises legitimate questions as to whether the information was properly secured from foreign governments and other entities."

An intelligence source told Fox News that the FBI has begun its review of the Clinton server and also "looked inside" the three thumb drives from Kendall.

As for Grassley's request to Kendall, the source said there apparently was a gap in the security clearance, saying it "stopped and started."

Kendall could not be reached for comment on the Grassley letter.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

The 30,000 she deleted?
Give it time, give it time. Something tells me a backup of that server will appear at some point in the not too distant future. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Why do you think they played golf?

I guess the naive question is just how much we're willing to take and what the tipping point with these crooks will be.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

If HUSSEIN wanted to help her, the FBI & DOJ wouldn't be giving her an electronic enema as we speak.

After she drops (is forced) out of the race, HUSSEIN might lift a finger to keep her out of prison, but he will do all he can to keep her out of the White House.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:.....but he will do all he can to keep her out of the White House.

That could be his one valuable contribution to this country.

Posts: 8984 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The 30,000 she deleted?

If they can find recipients and senders, they know where to start looking for the purged emails first. Not all of them will have purged their emails, and not all of them will avoid saying something that the FBI may find informative.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, they can delay her prosecution until AFTER we get a Republican in the White House.

If another Dem wins, we are well and truly screwed and hildabeast will be the LEAST of our worries.

Or, he could do like Klinton did and pardon her BEFORE she goes to trial. I recall at least one case of this 'pre-emptive pardon.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21862 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:.....but he will do all he can to keep her out of the White House.

He did it once before.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The 30,000 she deleted?

Do any of our resident Legal Eagles know which charges should be made against Hillary, and how long a normal person could expect to spend in prison for these offenses?

We all know nothing will happen to her for this or the money laundering Foundation she runs...

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24279 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
I think some of y'all are placing too much importance on Obama disliking HRC. Gotta keep in mind, that if she's guilty, so is the white house admin, they HAD to be complicit in this. If he wasn't protecting HRC, there'd currently be a criminal investigation open, and AFAIK, there isn't. There's no way HRC can be guilty without some backsplash sticking to the White House. There's more than enough evidence NOW for an arrest warrant and a criminal investigation. Instead, the state dept and justice have been doing all they can to drag their feet and not investigate. Even now they say there's no "criminal" investigation, and that's complete nonsense. I think if it wasn't for private organizations like Media Matters for example, there would be no investigation, no release of any emails, nothing at all happening. She's violated several federal statutes, several policies, lied on an agreement with the admin (rosenthal), sold influence, took bribes. There's tons of evidence supporting all that, but the gov't doesn't seem to really want to know what happened. Remember, the emails are ONLY being released at all because of a private FOIA lawsuit and a ruling by a judge.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
sickafance
Picture of mikencP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
I think some of y'all are placing too much importance on Obama disliking HRC. Gotta keep in mind, that if she's guilty, so is the white house admin, they HAD to be complicit in this. If he wasn't protecting HRC, there'd currently be a criminal investigation open, and AFAIK, there isn't. There's no way HRC can be guilty without some backsplash sticking to the White House. There's more than enough evidence NOW for an arrest warrant and a criminal investigation. Instead, the state dept and justice have been doing all they can to drag their feet and not investigate. Even now they say there's no "criminal" investigation, and that's complete nonsense. I think if it wasn't for private organizations like Media Matters for example, there would be no investigation, no release of any emails, nothing at all happening. She's violated several federal statutes, several policies, lied on an agreement with the admin (rosenthal), sold influence, took bribes. There's tons of evidence supporting all that, but the gov't doesn't seem to really want to know what happened. Remember, the emails are ONLY being released at all because of a private FOIA lawsuit and a ruling by a judge.

Hillary Clinton Now Under Criminal Investigation by FBI and Department of Justice

http://21stcenturywire.com/201...partment-of-justice/

-----------------------
No confíe en esta administración el mal!

Posts: 7476 | Location: Triangle @ 760 | Registered: January 15, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

He did it once before.

A legacy, then.

quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:

You honestly think that if that's the case that Obama wouldn't get ahead of this and do what he can to insulate himself and let Hillary take the fall while he's the chief? He's gonna protect himself first, and if that means hanging it around Hillary's neck, he's gonna do it. No time like the present since the clock's running down.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Obama has to play this carefully.

When Nixon told his aides to deflect the investigation into the Watergate breakin, it was deemed obstruction of justice. Obama is probably not dumb enough to tape himself doing that.

It might be politically disastrous to pardon her in advance. "Hillary, the only candidate who is already pardoned!"

He's not running for election anymore, but has to be mindful that Ford's pardon of Nixon is thought by many to have cost him the election in 1976, and resented by some even today. Ford at least could claim an end to "a long national nightmare."

One might assume that Obama has some dirt on Hillary. One might also imagine that Hillary and Bill might well have some dirt on Obama. If so, this is chicken at a very high level.

Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

You honestly think that if that's the case that Obama wouldn't get ahead of this and do what he can to insulate himself and let Hillary take the fall while he's the chief? He's gonna protect himself first, and if that means hanging it around Hillary's neck, he's gonna do it. No time like the present since the clock's running down.

Perhaps, but if he really was trying to distance himself and hang her, why all the feet dragging in the various gov't orgs? If he wanted answers, he could sure as hell influence the speed of this investigation, and it could have started a long time ago. Hell, just instructing the State Dept to cooperate fully would move this along posthaste, and they're sure doing their best to avoid giving up any info, and to delay as long as they can on what they've been ordered to give up.

I honestly don't know the answer, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the current administration is doing their best to slow down or even prevent a full investigation. Obama could also come out with a statement decrying her actions, and so far complete silence, although he's sure quick to get in the news on other stories that will score him points.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
After she drops (is forced) out of the race, HUSSEIN might lift a finger to keep her out of prison, but he will do all he can to keep her out of the White House.

Bigboreshooter may be right above.
If Obama doesn't want her to be President... he may be letting her twist a little in the wind while negotiating the terms of her surrender.
She gives up the candidacy, and stays silent about Obama, in return for no prosecution or even a pardon.

-rduckwor