SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
What about her flying on Air Force One the other day to campaign? Doesn't that violate campaign finance rules, using taxpayer money?

And what about the speech she gave on that trip behind a podium with the presidential seal? Isn't that misuse of the seal, which is also a felony?

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
And what about the speech she gave on that trip behind a podium with the presidential seal? Isn't that misuse of the seal, which is also a felony?

I don't watch Hillary's speeches but I bet standing behind that seal gave her a hard on.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't watch Hillary's speeches but I bet standing behind that seal gave her a hard on.
I'll be she went home and banged Huma like a screen door in a hurricane.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about her flying on Air Force One the other day to campaign? Doesn't that violate campaign finance rules, using taxpayer money?

The HRC campaign will pay a portion of the cost and the DNC will pay for the President's use.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Now that right there is some Yucky Funny visual stuff!

Posts: 4418 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gee, thanks, man.

I just puked up a great dinner.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...me-treatment-hillary

A Marine Corps officer who has been locked in a legal battle with his service after self-reporting that he improperly disseminated classified information now intends to demand the same treatment that Hillary received.

Maj. Jason Brezler sent a classified message using an unclassified Yahoo email account to warn fellow Marines in southern Afghanistan about a potentially corrupt Afghan police chief. A servant of that police chief killed three Marines and severely wounded a fourth 17 days later, on August 10, 2012, opening fire with a Kalashnikov rifle in an insider attack WaPo reports.

Brezler, who is still in the reserves and who works full time for the New York City Fire Department, was not charged criminally in the case, but he was issued a potentially career ending fitness (fit to continue serving) report after self-reporting that he sent the classified email to Afghanistan. Rep. Peter King (R-NY) even wrote then-Commandant Gen. James F. Amos about the case in August 2013 and asked whether it was necessary to be so harsh on someone who had warned fellow Marines of a potential threat in combat. Furthermore, the Naval Criminal Investigation Service reviewed electronics voluntarily turned over by Brezler and determined that there were more than 100 classified documents on his personal, unclassified hard drive and thumb drive. The board of inquiry recommended removing Brezler from the service in December 2013 after prosecutors argued that he knowingly kept classified information in order to help him write a book about his experiences in Afghanistan.

The case has been tied up in federal court since Brezler sued the service in December 2014, and Brezler's attorney, Michael J. Bowe, intends to cite the treatment of Clinton as an example of how severely Brezler was punished.

An attorney for Brezler, Michael J. Bowe, said that he intends to cite the treatment of Clinton “as one of the many, and most egregious examples” of how severely Brezler was punished. FBI Director James B. Comey announced Tuesday that he would not recommend the U.S. government pursue federal charges against Clinton, but he rebuked her “extremely careless” use of a private, unclassified email server while serving as secretary of state. The FBI found that 110 of her emails contained classified information.

Bowe said it is impossible to reconcile President Obama’s statement that Clinton’s intentional act of setting up a secret, unsecured email server did not detract “from her excellent ability to carry out her duties” while Brezler received a “completely opposite finding… involving infinitely less sensitive and limited information.”

The FBI's decision on Clinton will lend itself perfectly (and will very good reason) to those those such as Brezler who are being punished for similar or less severe incidents, to reference as they fight cases in court. Sadly, we must admit that unless your name is Clinton, there will be consequences to storing and sending classified information using an unsecured network - even if it is to warn fellow Marines of imminent danger.

The good news is that people, however few, are starting to catch on.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Eeewwwwwwww (but I almost strangled on my ice tea in mid swallow from trying to stifle a laugh Big Grin)

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wcb6092, very sobering article & picture.
I did a cut & paste, everyone I know will get that. Thank you.

Posts: 5772 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23734 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

A Marine Corps officer who has been locked in a legal battle with his service after self-reporting that he improperly disseminated classified information now intends to demand the same treatment that Hillary received.

Maj. Jason Brezler sent a classified message using an unclassified Yahoo email account to warn fellow Marines in southern Afghanistan about a potentially corrupt Afghan police chief. A servant of that police chief killed three Marines and severely wounded a fourth 17 days later, on August 10, 2012, opening fire with a Kalashnikov rifle in an insider attack WaPo reports.

Brezler, who is still in the reserves and who works full time for the New York City Fire Department, was not charged criminally in the case, but he was issued a potentially career ending fitness (fit to continue serving) report after self-reporting that he sent the classified email to Afghanistan. Rep. Peter King (R-NY) even wrote then-Commandant Gen. James F. Amos about the case in August 2013 and asked whether it was necessary to be so harsh on someone who had warned fellow Marines of a potential threat in combat. Furthermore, the Naval Criminal Investigation Service reviewed electronics voluntarily turned over by Brezler and determined that there were more than 100 classified documents on his personal, unclassified hard drive and thumb drive. The board of inquiry recommended removing Brezler from the service in December 2013 after prosecutors argued that he knowingly kept classified information in order to help him write a book about his experiences in Afghanistan.

The case has been tied up in federal court since Brezler sued the service in December 2014, and Brezler's attorney, Michael J. Bowe, intends to cite the treatment of Clinton as an example of how severely Brezler was punished.

An attorney for Brezler, Michael J. Bowe, said that he intends to cite the treatment of Clinton “as one of the many, and most egregious examples” of how severely Brezler was punished. FBI Director James B. Comey announced Tuesday that he would not recommend the U.S. government pursue federal charges against Clinton, but he rebuked her “extremely careless” use of a private, unclassified email server while serving as secretary of state. The FBI found that 110 of her emails contained classified information.

Bowe said it is impossible to reconcile President Obama’s statement that Clinton’s intentional act of setting up a secret, unsecured email server did not detract “from her excellent ability to carry out her duties” while Brezler received a “completely opposite finding… involving infinitely less sensitive and limited information.”

The FBI's decision on Clinton will lend itself perfectly (and will very good reason) to those those such as Brezler who are being punished for similar or less severe incidents, to reference as they fight cases in court. Sadly, we must admit that unless your name is Clinton, there will be consequences to storing and sending classified information using an unsecured network - even if it is to warn fellow Marines of imminent danger.

Not that I would disagree with this, but is there another source to confirm this? An article written by "Tyler Durden" doesn't exactly make me want to go around citing.

Posts: 738 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
^^^ I read the same or similar article on Fox yesterday.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

We've always been told safety first. Try to secure material if possible, but your safety comes first. Seems this should've applied there too.

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Several differences:
1) He's in the military and they are held to a different standard.
2) He is actively in the military trying to fight punishment for his infraction.
3) He is not an ex-gov't employee fighting punishment.

The point Comey is making is that there is no law that can be used to punish a gov't (current or past) employee for what Hilary did.

Argue that all you want, but that is my understanding of his position, not my position.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
So does anyone think there is really any point to the state dept investigating now?

They originally suspended the investigation to avoid conflicts with the FBI investigation, which is complete nonsense, there's no reason that parallel investigations would need to conflict.

And if the FBI wouldn't do their job correctly, why would we expect Kerry's state dept to do any differently? They're not going to hang old hitlery up, and they're sure not going to get on her bad side by going after any aids or others associated with her.

The FBI investigation was too limited. Didn't investigate anyone but hillary supposedly, ignoring the lawyers that got classified material and were not cleared for it, ignoring Huma and other staff that were complicit, ignoring strong evidence of perjury and espionage. One prime and easily proved instant of perjury is when she swore in court that she turned over all work emails, which has been proven false beyond doubt, and constitutes at least two crimes.

So it must be political theater saying that they're reopening the investigation at state.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I think that what ever is written to engage the FBI was poorly written (too narrow of a scope).

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it must be political theater saying that they're reopening the investigation at state.

My guess is that they felt so good when the FBI went down on her they decided to see if they could help her by doing it again.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
The point Comey is making is that there is no law that can be used to punish a gov't (current or past) employee for what Hilary did.
Director Comey said that persons employed in government posts (including the military) are susceptible to penalties other than criminal prosecution for actions of gross negligence, but persons not employed by the government do not have alternate penalties that can be imposed--it's all or nothing, prosecute or not. His contention is that a government employee being that careless would be reprimanded, disciplined, had clearance revoked, or even fired, but that none of those penalties are applicable to someone not government employed. He maintained that the history of cases involving gross negligence have almost never resulted in criminal charges, but were handled by use of the other penalties available, and that those penalties are not available in Hillary's case.

I can't fault his analysis of past history, but I am not one who believes that justice always relies only on past precedence but can be found by strict implementation of the law. Hillary was clearly guilty of gross negligence, and willfully set up the mechanism by which it occurred. Even though the law does not require "intent" to damage the country, she did demonstrate intent to circumvent the mechanisms that exist to protect our secrets from revelation. That, to me, meets the letter of the law and it should have been called down on her. (I couldn't care less how it may have been ignored in the past.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton must have sold her hole to the Devil.

No, it's not a typo. She has no soul to sell. If she did, though, it would go to the highest bidder. Lucifer would just have to wait his turn in the lobby.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Director Comey said that persons employed in government posts (including the military) are susceptible to penalties other than criminal prosecution for actions of gross negligence, but persons not employed by the government do not have alternate penalties that can be imposed--it's all or nothing, prosecute or not. His contention is that a government employee being that careless would be reprimanded, disciplined, had clearance revoked, or even fired, but that none of those penalties are applicable to someone not government employed. He maintained that the history of cases involving gross negligence have almost never resulted in criminal charges, but were handled by use of the other penalties available, and that those penalties are not available in Hillary's case.

True or not, and I don't think it is true, it is in no way part of Comey's brief to make this decision or to remark upon it.

Comey is Director of an investigative department of big.gov, his responsibility is to investigate, not decide fine points of law.

It is especially egregious for him to say, "Hillary skates, but no one else better try this".

Further, the deliberate act of removing classified headers and identifiers from classified information is a crime however and whoever does it with knowledge of what they are doing.
The people involved; Hillary's staff, should not have been given a free pass. Had Huma or Mills been looking at several years in one of big.govs country clubs at our expense; they may have rolled over on Hillary. At the very least it would have made people reluctant to co-operate with the Clinton Crime Family in the future, and be sure there will be a future.

MY understanding is that this ability to jail the underlings is a major tool in prosecuting the Hillarys of this world.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post