SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Since it appears there are at least 300 classified emails, this will be quite a mess to clean up.

Each email has a minimum of 2 people involved. Hillary and someone else. Probably many of these emails have more than 2 people on distribution. The emails may have passed back and forth between others.

For all of the computers that these emails were on, they should have been unclassified computers to start with. So unless Hillary's emails were all between a small group of 2 or 3,
there could be a lot to investigate.

At this point, other people's computers should have been brought under control by security reps. We haven't heard much about that yet.

If the emails went to (or came from) formal State Dept email accounts, then the State Dept email servers are now contaminated.

Who is on the send/receive end of Hillary's emails?

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
After she drops (is forced) out of the race, HUSSEIN might lift a finger to keep her out of prison, but he will do all he can to keep her out of the White House.

Bigboreshooter may be right above.
If Obama doesn't want her to be President... he may be letting her twist a little in the wind while negotiating the terms of her surrender.
She gives up the candidacy, and stays silent about Obama, in return for no prosecution or even a pardon.
How could that be though? If Hillary doesn't get elected president, Obama's legacy is all but history, especially if someone like Cruz (or even Trump) rides the current wave and gets elected. Hillary is his only shot of something, anything, remaining of his eight years in office. Well, other than the damage inflicted.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
^^ Unless Biden swoops in, and don't underestimate his chances. Then he will have his legacy

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
After she drops (is forced) out of the race, HUSSEIN might lift a finger to keep her out of prison, but he will do all he can to keep her out of the White House.

Bigboreshooter may be right above.
If Obama doesn't want her to be President... he may be letting her twist a little in the wind while negotiating the terms of her surrender.
She gives up the candidacy, and stays silent about Obama, in return for no prosecution or even a pardon.
How could that be though? If Hillary doesn't get elected president, Obama's legacy is all but history, especially if someone like Cruz (or even Trump) rides the current wave and gets elected. Hillary is his only shot of something, anything, remaining of his eight years in office. Well, other than the damage inflicted.

Remember, HUSSEIN thinks that he would win again if he could run for a third term. He wants to hand-pick his successor, and it ain't Hillary. He will probably endorse Biden in the Spring.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, stick to the topic, please. Enough with speculation about "pardons" Roll Eyes and what Obama may do. Come back down to Earth, please. You know- reality and all that mundane stuff.

Posts: 108120 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Since it appears there are at least 300 classified emails, this will be quite a mess to clean up.

Each email has a minimum of 2 people involved. Hillary and someone else. Probably many of these emails have more than 2 people on distribution. The emails may have passed back and forth between others.

For all of the computers that these emails were on, they should have been unclassified computers to start with. So unless Hillary's emails were all between a small group of 2 or 3,
there could be a lot to investigate.

At this point, other people's computers should have been brought under control by security reps. We haven't heard much about that yet.

If the emails went to (or came from) formal State Dept email accounts, then the State Dept email servers are now contaminated.

Who is on the send/receive end of Hillary's emails?
To reiterate, the magical phrase here is 'spillage.' It is troubling that no one spoke up about the appearance of information that should have been classified being located on an unclassified system. I've seen what happens to computers and sailors when spillage occurs.

Note: I hold the same opinion of the Marine Reservists that maintained classified information on his personal computer. That entire incident is a sizable cluster fuck, and several people should be smacked with the UCMJ.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
A top Republican senator is questioning whether Hillary Clinton's personal attorney had the security clearance to keep thumb drives containing thousands of her emails, after it was revealed some of her messages contained highly sensitive -- even "top secret" -- information.

"The transmission of classified material to an individual unauthorized to possess it is a serious national security risk," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote in a letter to Clinton lawyer David Kendall.

These are the things that make me go... huh?
There is no way for Grassley, the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out what kind of security clearance Kendall has? In a matter of hours if even that?
Shouldn't this information be readily available particularly to a Senator?
Why is he writing Kendall letters about it?
Just seems a good deal of foot dragging going on with both sides.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8556 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
One possibility - if Kendall identifies his clearances and they are insufficient, or if he states he had no clearances, that's an admission that will carry weight in either the congressional committee hearings or subsequent court actions. Not to mention, of course, the political impact of such an admission at this stage in the election cycle.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The question of Kendall's security clearance cuts both ways.

Why would Kendall need a clearance at all? His client said repeatedly that no classified emails were on the servers / thumb drives.

Once it was identified that some of the emails were classified, then Kendall should have immediately provided them to the FBI. Whether or not he had a clearance.

The State Dept did not demand that Kendall immediately return the thumb drives. They waited awhile and then sent him a safe.

The physical security requirements to hold TS are far beyond just a safe.

I said it earlier, State Dept security performed very poorly here. People should be fired.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
A top Republican senator is questioning whether Hillary Clinton's personal attorney had the security clearance to keep thumb drives containing thousands of her emails, after it was revealed some of her messages contained highly sensitive -- even "top secret" -- information.

"The transmission of classified material to an individual unauthorized to possess it is a serious national security risk," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote in a letter to Clinton lawyer David Kendall.

There is no way for Grassley, the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out what kind of security clearance Kendall has? In a matter of hours if even that?

Its not about knowing if he had clearance. It's a "when did you stop beating your wife" type of play. Pretty much any answer is going to create issues for the asked.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
quote:

Its not about knowing if he had clearance. It's a "when did you stop beating your wife" type of play. Pretty much any answer is going to create issues for the asked.

I'm still going...huh? Why play the 100 questions game? Check his security clearance. If he has the proper one no harm. If he does not, charge him as is required. Why all this nibbling on the edges? Makes no sense to me.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm still going...huh? Why play the 100 questions game? Check his security clearance. If he has the proper one no harm. If he does not, charge him as is required. Why all this nibbling on the edges? Makes no sense to me.

Questions could result in him implicating himself further, or other people. It's a way to potentially collect additional evidence.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
TxJim. You very well could be right. I don't know but it's baffling to me. We still don't know if he had the security clearance or not. Something tells me we never will.
A very simple question with a very simple answer.
This is the way all Clinton scandals have gone. Questions with answers never get answers.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://hotair.com/archives/201...llarys-wiped-server/

The FBI may be able to recover at least some data from Hillary Clinton’s private email server even though there was an attempt to wipe it, two sources with direct knowledge of the process told NBC News on Tuesday…

The FBI “will try to figure what’s there, how it got there and who put it there,” one of the sources said.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is the justice dept a part of the executive branch?

What other branch could it be part of?

However, that is why special prosecutors are sometimes appointed. They do not report up the chain leading to the President.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53145 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I love watching Obama's body language. He's quartered away and protecting his balls.

Now here, Sigforumites, is an example of "begging the question."

(Not a very good example, but an example nonetheless.)

It took me a second, but I got it. And I believe it’s a fairly decent example. Wink

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47469 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

What other branch could it be part of?

... Justice ...

... judicial ...

... déjà vu ...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Questions could result in him implicating himself further, or other people. It's a way to potentially collect additional evidence.

I seriously doubt the "need to know" part of the scale is satisfied either way. If the status of the data is unsure, those drives should have been seized imediately.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6252 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Failure to secure the server, hard drives, and thumb drives is, I think, evidence that the DoJ has been slow walking the “investigation”. I suspect that the plan was to give us the IRS answer “There is not a smidgeon of evidence”.

By now there should be no question in anyone’s mind that Clinton is guilty of at the very least of failing to secure/store/properly transmit TS classified information, and probably she or her accomplices are guilty of removing headings from classified documents. She is probably also guilty of directing that evidence be destroyed.
And they are all guilty of the attempted cover-up of at least these crimes.

But the Clinton Crime Family is very good at keeping the direct evidence under deep cover.

So somewhere along the line DoJ is going to be offering “deals” in the form of plea bargains to those who were on the inside. That is where the sheep will be separated from the goats.

So can BHO working through the DoJ save Hillary’s bid for the presidency? (I think there is no hope of this, her bid is toast.)
If he can, what will be his price?
Stay tuned, the excitement is just beginning.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post