SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
My sincere hope is that WikiLeaks or some hacker dumps the content of here servers on the Web including a shit pile of email the FBI has never seen.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The FBI has stated that she executed "extreme carelessness" (which is the judicial definition to juries for "gross negligence") in handling sensitive (includes Classified) information. That is a violation of the codes, and generally results in a heavy fine and up to 10 years in jail. Even though Mr. Comey did not recommend filing charges, could some external agency (a state AG, for example) file charges based on the FBI findings?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by getupatree:
This is how the media ran cover today.

CNN and MSNBC did NOT mention or air the FBI news conference. Then after it was over the headline and soundbot was NO CHARGES.

They didn't? I just watched it live on CNN 51 minutes ago.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is fucking funny to some of you guys? Keep it up and see what happens.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Now would be a good time for Putin to release all of her e-mails that they have. Maybe he has some of those that the FBI couldn't piece together.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I could care less what this does for the election. In my mind it is about right and wrong and the absolute rule of law. That died today. The rich political class are most certainly not held to the same standard as us normal citezens. That is disgusting and scarey.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Bottom line...

45% will vote for the corrupt bitch because she is a Democrat...NO MATTER WHAT...CHARGES OR NOT...

45% will vote for the Republican nominee...Trump...IF THEY DON'T SET THE ELECTION OUT BECAUSE THEY FEEL WHIPPED BY THIS AND SEE IT IS BEING USELESS TO GO TO THE POLLS...

This election will be decided by the 10% or so that have the sense to see what a corrupt debacle this whole dog and pony show is and cast their vote against her and whoever she chooses for Veep...

There is still a lot of damage to be done to her in this campaign if Trump and his people will take advantage of it...she is not clean in this and this can be hammered home...

Have faith!

No better evidence of the system is rigged. This would be a nail in the coffin of a traditional "R" campaign (Romney or such); however, this can be a shot in the arm to the outsider Trump who is picking up those sick of the system to his side. The wild ride continues!

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Now would be a good time for Putin to release all of her e-mails that they have. Maybe he has some of those that the FBI couldn't piece together.
Not going to happen, he'll sit on those until after the election in case she's elected, then use them against her if she is.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm still having trouble reconciling Comey's statements with his recommendation.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If Hillary wins the presidency, what is ahead for our nation is unimaginable.

Do everything possible to support Trump, our only-- and last -- hope. I'm going to his website now to donate. If you can, I urge you to do the same.

It's going to be very hard for me to restrain myself if anybody starts spewing complaints about Trump. I might just need to stay away a while....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There still is another investigation going on - the corruption / Clinton Foundation. Hopefully Comey has something up his sleeve. Wouldn't that be cool.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I was just about to have lunch when Comey started speaking. I was starving. Immediately after that press conference, I dumped my whole plate of food in the garbage without even taking a bite. Lost my appetite completely.

I really believed Comey would do the right thing. I really did.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I'm still having trouble reconciling Comey's statements with his recommendation.

Exactly, the legal standard is gross negligence.....he laid out a case for it, even calling her actions extremely careless - then he said he wouldn't recommend charges because there was no malicious intent? His explanation just doesn't square with the legal standard.

Posts: 6083 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just went through the official transcript with three different colored highlighters. In green, I highlighted the following statement of the law: "federal statute making it a felony to mishandle classified information either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way, or a second statute making it a misdemeanor to knowingly remove classified information from appropriate systems or storage facilities."

That's followed by a sea of yellow - in which I highlighted the evidence, as he presented it, of violations of those laws.

Then in pink (for Communism): "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. [...] we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. [...] we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case."

In my professional opinion as an attorney and an officer of several courts, including federal, James Comey is full of shit.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
K.T. McFarland, Former Deputy Assistant Sec under Regan now a security analyst on Fox News, just confirmed the FBI's Clinton Foundation corruption investigation is ongoing.

FWIW.....

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10362 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Why? If she's elected President that would make for some mighty fine blackmail material.

Posts: 11206 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

I just went through the official transcript with three different colored highlighters. In green, I highlighted the following statement of the law: "federal statute making it a felony to mishandle classified information either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way, or a second statute making it a misdemeanor to knowingly remove classified information from appropriate systems or storage facilities."

That's followed by a sea of yellow - in which I highlighted the evidence, as he presented it, of violations of those laws.

Then in pink (for Communism): "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. [...] we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. [...] we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case."

In my professional opinion as an attorney and an officer of several courts, including federal, James Comey is full of shit.

-Rob

Agreed. The standard of care for handling this information should be higher for Hilz since she and her inner circle should be the ones to set the standard, not skirt around it.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The really shocking thing that stood out to me is that, if I heard correctly, the law firm that initially reviewed her email records wiped server hardware in such a way that the FBI was not able to recover those images.

Comey admitted that the FBI reconstructed some of the email records from backups of emails sent/received by other federal employees and from backup hardware images where the database structure had been deleted.

Comey implied that a number of emails had likely not been recovered.

How is this not spoilation/destruction of evidence/obstruction of justice by the law firm that conducted the email review?

As an admission, I have expertise in the e-discovery world. It is NOT typical for hardware subject to subpoena or LE investigation to be tampered with or modified in any way during a pending investigation.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I've written and deleted at least 10 comments and will just say this, I am angry and incredibly disappointed in the FBI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21225 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Well it won't be the Republican Party, but Donald Trump certainly was given a big hammer to pound her into a grease spot. I don't think any of us are surprised that she will not be prosecuted, but she did many, many things wrong/illegally and that's public now.
And just how many of her supporters will have actually listened to Mr. Comey, or will see/read anything about it in the MSM? On top of that, how many of the few will actually care?

flashguy

All you can do is...all you can do.

Trump is a fighter and he won't go down quietly. Clinton has no integrity and Comey has effectively put her lack of character into the public record. At least Trump isn't one of the broke-dick, go-along-to-get-along Washington establishment Republicans who have been nodding their collective bobble heads at everything the Democrats have done.

Clinton's shit is weak--very weak

Posts: 13582 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post