SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
OK, good video by the judge. Here is my worry: Hilz is not the target of the investigation. What if it is her underlings that did this to make it easy for Hilz, and Mrs. 'I don't know how computers work' was just an unknowing beneficiary of the illegal efforts of her staff. Or at least that is how the DoJ wants to present it to the public. The minions will cop to they were the bad actors, and Hilz is just an unwilling recipient of material sent to her. And the DNC can say Hilz just had bad people working for her, ignore the scandal, lets win this for women!

I know the problem is the volume of marked material she received, and the unmarked, but reading the material should have been red flags that something was wrong, shows she didn't care. Spillage happens, but not at that level. I've been in commands that had three day 'safety stand-downs' to review procedures and re-train the command. Not fun. If she received even a couple marked documents and did nothing, it shows she didn't care, and set the tone that it wasn't a big deal.

I'm just worried that the DoJ will suckerpunch the right when the indictments come and Hilz isn't on the list.

It doesn't really matter. She is required to be able to identify material and information that should be handled as classified material. She was briefed to that effect and signed an agreement to that effect. It really doesn't matter who else did it as far as her charges are concerned, she's at least as guilty as anyone else. Plus there are at least 2 emails where she's instructed her minions to remove information from the classified system and send it to her on the unsecured private system. In cases like this, ignorance is no defense at all in the eyes of the law. And since she was briefed on all this, there's really no way she can legitimately claim ignorance anyway.

I agree. But this case is more political than criminal because it is Hilz. But Hilz is banking on low information types who never been in government or handled classified information. When the 6:00 news comes out with the indictment, and Huma or Cheryl or another loyal person fall on their swords (and the prosecution gets delayed to well after the election and a pardon issued by Zippy before leaving office) and the story is Hilz may have set up the server, the press ignores those two memos, and claim Queen Hilz was the innocent victim of others bad acts. The MSM will present the story, and the Low Info types will be satisfied, and then focus on the latest smear campaign against the Republican candidates. Hilz know she will not get the military and intelligence community vote. She doesn't care.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
One of the big unknowns right now is what was in the 30,000 emails Clinton deleted.

The problem could be bigger than we think. Including linkages to Clinton Foundation.

The more serious the charges, the less likely a minion is to take the fall for Clinton.

There was another article that said the investigation might be complete in May.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The more serious the charges, the less likely a minion is to take the fall for Clinton.

Or flip. They all think they have a big future ahead of them.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
One of the big unknowns right now is what was in the 30,000 emails Clinton deleted.

The problem could be bigger than we think. Including linkages to Clinton Foundation.

There was another article that said the investigation might be complete in May.

Has it been officially reported that the FBI was in fact able to recover all or some of the deleted emails?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8556 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Has it been officially reported that the FBI was in fact able to recover all or some of the deleted emails?"

haven't seen anything official. but there were a number of unofficial reports that they did recover all or most.

examples:

Fox News Catherine Herridge: "The @FBI was able to recover [Clinton's] deleted emails ... [wipe] was not what I would call a professional standard."

Bloomberg: The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

NPR: Investigators with the FBI have recovered a trove of personal and work-related Hillary Clinton emails that had been thought to have been deleted and lost from a private computer server, one source familiar with the investigation tells NPR's Carrie Johnson.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem could be bigger than we think. Including linkages to Clinton Foundation.The more serious the charges, the less likely a minion is to take the fall for Clinton.

There seem to be enough links already to show corrupt practices on the Clinton's part. This is from jallen's earlier post;

"The second investigation involves what Justice Department prosecutors call an “official acts” investigation, regarding a possible correlation between “official acts” performed by Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, her office and the State Department, and large donations made to the Clinton Foundation by countries, corporations and individuals.

“The second investigation is more complex, more document-oriented, more subpoena-oriented investigation, but it is clearly underway,” diGenova said.

“The inspector general at the State Department has started a similar, parallel investigation to determine whether or not official acts were committed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her staff in exchange for contributions to various Clinton Foundation initiatives,” he added.

“The nexus between the ‘official acts’ and contributions to Clinton Foundation initiatives is becoming so clear and the evidence has convinced me that if the Justice Department has not already convened a grand jury, there is no doubt there’s corruption within the Justice Department,” he insisted.""

.....It seems to me that the "official acts" corruption is far more serious for Hillary(and the country) since her State Department Accomplices even if they helped in the acts clearly are not the principals.
....Certainly the violations of security are very serious, but they are over and the damage is done. The Clinton Crime Funds are still in business and collecting money, even the Democrats can see that electing Hillary would in effect be erecting a large "For Sale" sign over the Whitehouse.

An indictment for "official corruption" would be more damaging to Hillary than a security violation which could be argued away as senility on her part, momentary lapses of attention, her accomplices screwing up, etc.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Politico is reporting that a "person familiar with the investigation" said that the server logs show no evidence of hacking.

Link

That would be good news, but it does not speak at all to the criminality of the conduct. Laws on safeguarding classified info do not require prosecutors to show that there was unauthorized access to classified data - only that the person responsible for safeguarding it did not in fact safeguard it.

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From the Politico story:

Pagliano, who took the Fifth Amendment to avoid providing testimony to the House Benghazi Committee, struck an immunity deal with federal prosecutors. As a result of that arrangement, he turned over server logs

Logs for Hillary Clinton's email server turned over to the FBI by a former aide to Clinton show no evidence of suspicious foreign traffic or hacking from abroad, a person familiar with the investigation said.

We are dealing with TS and SAP info and this piece of shit Pagliano only now provides the server logs.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the Politico story:

Pagliano, who took the Fifth Amendment to avoid providing testimony to the House Benghazi Committee, struck an immunity deal with federal prosecutors. As a result of that arrangement, he turned over server logs

Logs for Hillary Clinton's email server turned over to the FBI by a former aide to Clinton show no evidence of suspicious foreign traffic or hacking from abroad, a person familiar with the investigation said.

We are dealing with TS and SAP info and this piece of shit Pagliano only now provides the server logs.

There's more to this. If the server logs were free of hacking or instrusion, he could have had his attorney work behind the scenes to turn these over and likely stay out of the LEO spotlight.

That didn't happen and it leads me to think there's quite a bit more to the whole thing. He likely made an offer of proof and it was good info ergo, immunity was given.

Posts: 4127 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are Chinese government (and legions of other .gov and non.gov) hackers who successfully breached the security of:

CIA, DoD, DoE, and OPM systems (just to name a few)
Other country's government systems
Major international banking and financial institutions systems
Power utility systems
etc, etc, etc.

Are we to believe Pagliano is such an incredible computer whiz that he created an invulnerable firewall, but was unable to wipe the server clean of every last fragment of a bit or a byte?

Does anyone other than me believe that if hackers with these capabilities wanted to leave no obvious trail, it would be beyond them to leave no obvious trail?

This is the ludicrous shit the fed.gov and media expect me to believe?

Really?

If so, we're so fucked as a nation, it only adds to my already profound depression.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31560 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Did we even know about this whole mess because some kid in Romania hacked his way into her server?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think she believes she's invincible. Not sure if this is legal or not.

Hillary Paid Herself $250,000 From Campaign Funds

http://freebeacon.com/politics...from-campaign-funds/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did we even know about this whole mess because some kid in Romania hacked his way into her server?

Funny you mentioned Guccifer

Romania approves extradition of convicted hacker 'Guccifer' to U.S.

http://www.reuters.com/article...ccifer-idUSKCN0W61TX

Romania's top court has approved a request by U.S. authorities to extradite a convicted hacker known as Guccifer, a source within Romania's DIICOT anti-organized crime and terrorism unit told Reuters on Friday.

"The court approved an 18-month temporary extradition to America for the hacker. This follows a request made by U.S. authorities," the source said.

A Romanian justice ministry spokeswoman said details of the extradition request had not yet been made public.

The U.S. Justice Department said in 2014 that a U.S. federal grand jury had indicted Marcel Lazar Lehel on charges of wire fraud, unauthorized access to a protected computer, aggravated identity theft, cyberstalking and obstruction of justice.

The United States accuses Lehel, known by aliases including "Guccifer" and "Small Fume", of stealing data from email and social media accounts of U.S. celebrities and politicians.

Lehel was sentenced by a Romanian court to four years in jail in 2014 for illegally accessing email accounts of public figures "with the aim of getting ... confidential data" and is serving another three-year term for other offences.

reminder - Guccifer hacked Sid Blumenthal's AOL account. He got the emails exchanged between Blumenthal and Clinton. Not known if he actually hacked Clinton directly.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

Gucifer hacked Sid Blumenthal's email account.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6252 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I'm starting to think she believes she's invincible. Not sure if this is legal or not.

Hillary Paid Herself $250,000 From Campaign Funds

http://freebeacon.com/politics...from-campaign-funds/

It is, up to the maximum income reported on the previous years' tax return. From the article:

quote:
While it is legal for candidates to pay themselves from campaign funds, the rule was established and intended for candidates who are not well off and quit their jobs to run for political office.

It does not matter what the rule was "intended for"; if it does not expressly prohibit a billionaire paying themselves every penny from their campaign coffers, it is perfectly legal to do.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31560 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
looks like the standard line for the Dems has been put in stone:

Democrat Peter Schiff (CA)

MITCHELL: “Now, I know that you’re in Hillary Clinton’s corner, but you’re a former prosecutor yourself, from L.A. At this stage, what is the legal jeopardy here? There’s a political — there’s obviously political jeopardy, anytime you’re talking about this stuff. It’s not what she wants to be talking about. What’s the legal jeopardy for her or some of her close aides?”

SCHIFF: “You know, honestly, I don’t think there’s much legal jeopardy here, if you’re talking about a series of e-mails, none of which were marked classified at the time, and frankly, many of which are being classified retroactively, they weren’t even classified at the time, it’s hard to make any kind of a case that there should be some criminal charge under those circumstances.

I know people are comparing it to the case with General Petraeus, but that was a case of intentionally providing highly classified information, known to be classified at the time, to someone writing a biography. Very different circumstance here.

So, you know, I think the FBI is doing their due diligence. They have to. I wouldn’t read much into the fact they gave a limited immunity to Mr. Pagliano, that’s what they should do to make sure they dot every I, cross every T, look under every stone. But there’s no indication to me that this is going to go much farther.”

amazing isn't it ?

Hard to believe we have come this far and they still get to say "classified retroactively"

A big lie, told by many, repeated over and over, becomes accepted by the ignorant and those eager for the lie to be true

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Unless and until the indictment(s?) roll in. It costs Schiff nothing to toe the line here, particularly since others will get a lot more attention than he will if he turns out to be wrong. Meanwhile, this is as close as he can come to saying: "Go ahead! It's perfectly safe to donate to and vote for Hillary!"

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Politico is reporting that a "person familiar with the investigation" said that the server logs show no evidence of hacking.

Link

That would be good news, but it does not speak at all to the criminality of the conduct. Laws on safeguarding classified info do not require prosecutors to show that there was unauthorized access to classified data - only that the person responsible for safeguarding it did not in fact safeguard it.

Just because there's nothing in the logs indicating illegitimate access to the server doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a bit of irony " I was surprised ..."

from latest batch of emails

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
It was sent in Feb of 2011 and classified on 12/31/2015, declassified 02/29/2016. It seems like it makes her case (not classified when sent) Frown

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post