SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden 'willfully' kept, shared classified memos but won't be charged. UPDATE: Robert Hur resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden 'willfully' kept, shared classified memos but won't be charged. UPDATE: Robert Hur resigns Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
they've never said anything about a cognitive test.

Although I also have Medicare, I don’t usually get an annual “wellness check” under the program, but I too have never had any sort of cognitive test.
What would the results of such a routine test be used for? Evidence to seize our guns and put us under mandated supervision of some sort?
(I am 78.)

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I have had the following cognitive test every year for at least the last five I've been on Medicare:

-Told to draw a clock face, fill in all the numbers and then draw a big and little hand showing 11:10 (or some other random time).

-Practitioner gives you three random words to remember. After 5 or 10 minutes of other conversation you are asked to repeat them.

So far so good.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I have had the following cognitive test ....

What do they do with you if you fail?

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

He'd tell you but he can't remember Smile

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1566 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Medicare requires that I undergo an annual physical. One element of that physical is a cognitive test. Neither the physical nor the cognitive test are exhaustive but they are required. Leading from the front would require the president to undergo the same testing regime.

Taking an annual wellness check is NOT required!

I stopped taking them a few years ago when one of the questions was "Do you have any firearms in your home?" I told the nurse it was none of her or the government's business. Since then I have refused to take the annual wellness check.

Posts: 6753 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have had the following cognitive test every year for at least the last five I've been on Medicare:

-Told to draw a clock face, fill in all the numbers and then draw a big and little hand showing 11:10 (or some other random time).

-Practitioner gives you three random words to remember. After 5 or 10 minutes of other conversation you are asked to repeat them.

So far so good.

This is the same test I referenced. I doubt Biden could pass.

As for being asked about firearms, that's part of the health system screening and has been for a few years. I don't answer those questions.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 743 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Practitioner gives you three random words to remember. After 5 or 10 minutes of other conversation you are asked to repeat them.

So far so good.

That's four words.

Posts: 4257 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
quote:

He'd tell you but he can't remember Smile

Nice Big Grin
I take care of my mother and she gets the clock and 3 word memory tests often from her PCP. Because she's in my care, not much happens but it's a basic test. Mom has some dementia and still does pretty well on the tests.
However, she has been to a geriatric Dr. and they do a more thorough testing and score it for future comparison to get an idea of any cognitive decline.

The most thorough testing would be done by a neurologist. They diagnosed Mom at the beginning when we weren't sure if she should be in control of finances and such.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7500 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I am reading today that Biden himself brought up his son's death in the 5 hour interview with Hur.
So it wasn't Hur bringing it up as the press has been running wildly with. But apparently Biden did trying to deflect from a classified documents at his home taped recording.

So at his I am mad press conference he lied, when he states indignantly ~"How the hell dare he raise that?".

Angry Joe Biden cant even get it right. I look forward to more things getting revealed and seeing Angry joe swing and miss more.

https://redstate.com/sister-to...-house-spin-n2170131

Posts: 3538 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

I am reading today that Biden himself brought up his son's death in the 5 hour interview with Hur.
So it wasn't Hur bringing it up as the press has been running wildly with. But apparently Biden did trying to deflect from a classified documents at his home taped recording.

It's SOP with this demented clown. If cornered or otherwise in a tight spot, play the dead druggie son card. It's like he just can't help himself.

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
During the month and a half that I was incarcerated in the live-in rehab place while recovering from surgery for broken hip / femur, I was subjected to a cognitive evaluation.

I found the very first words out of the psychologist's mouth to be condescending and abrasive, so I fucked with him, big-time. Troll, troll, troll. All the time, I struggled to keep a straight face and not break out laughing.

The watch face that I drew would have made Salvador Dali proud. A limp, melting, watch, with numbers sprinkled at random. A few numbers were re-used multiple times. Hands all over the watch, not anchored in the center, pointing in random directions. In retrospect, I probably should have embedded a Disney Mouse.

When asked to recall the three words, I promptly gave him a bunch of random words.

Responded to many of his questions with a blank stare.

I have no idea what he did with his "evaluation" -- he never set foot in my room again. Maybe he got my message.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Practitioner gives you three random words to remember. After 5 or 10 minutes of other conversation you are asked to repeat them.

So far so good.

That's four words.
No it's not, it is three words with one repeated.

Posts: 6819 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
As for being asked about firearms, that's part of the health system screening and has been for a few years. I don't answer those questions.
I was asked "if there are firearms in your home, are they safely secured?" in an intake screening questionnaire by my PCP. I answered "N/A" (as it was none of their business, and was not a health-related question). What went into my medical record was "no guns in home."

Posts: 6819 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I was subjected to a cognitive evaluation.

Unlike much (most?) of what is considered hilarious on the Internet these days, that truly is, and I thank you for the idea that I will keep in mind if I ever find myself subjected to such an attempt at invading the one sliver of privacy I have left: my mind.

6.4/93.6

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Then when the Dr. Psycho asks you what time is represented on your clock, you answer, "Thirty-Two O'clock."

Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

Family dysfunction at the highest level. His daughter was just a sex object to be used for his pleasure and taking showers with. His dead son is used as a sympathy card for him or any situation where he thinks it might be useful to mention it. His dead son is meaningless to him and is just a tool for him to use. These are miserable wretched people. Power and money are the only things that matter to them. Family has no meaning and they are incapable of any love or emotion when it comes to family.

Their power lust makes them a little more miserable every single day because they have nothing else in their lives that is real and has not been corrupted or ruined by their own hand. And I take pleasure in knowing this.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8644 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I was subjected to a cognitive evaluation.
Unlike much (most?) of what is considered hilarious on the Internet these days, that truly is, and I thank you for the idea that I will keep in mind if I ever find myself subjected to such an attempt at invading the one sliver of privacy I have left: my mind.
This putz just waltzed into my room without so much as a polite knock on the closed door, and then started exuding attitude from every pore. Arrogant, condescending, son of a bitch.

I thought of a few choices:
  1. Immediately ask him, politely, to close the door on his way out

2. Remove my hearing aids and ignore him

3. Fuck with him.
Door number 3, although wasting some of my time, was my choice. If it happened today, I would probably go with #1 or #2.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
What went into my medical record was "no guns in home."

Ran into my doc at the gun store yesterday. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37212 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:

Interesting because I've never been asked about firearms by a doctor and I get a wellness check-up twice a year.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7297 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Ran into my doc at the gun store yesterday. Smile

I sold mine two packs of Camel Wides one evening about a decade ago when I did a stint at the gas station. I know a gastroenterologist who could tell you how to eat healthy but doesn’t know the first thing about how to actually cook and eats processed everything. The opinions they’re required to have at work and what they do “off the clock” so to speak are two different things. My current doc has never asked me the gun question, I’m assuming since it’s Arizona, there’s some default answers. Wink

Posts: 17704 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post