SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden 'willfully' kept, shared classified memos but won't be charged. UPDATE: Robert Hur resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Counsel Robert Hur says Biden 'willfully' kept, shared classified memos but won't be charged. UPDATE: Robert Hur resigns Login/Join 
posted
Just like Hillary Clinton//2 sets of laws depending on which party you belong to.

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Updated: February 8, 2024 3:37pm

Special counsel Robert Hur concluded in a stinging report released Thursday that President Joe Biden willfully kept classified documents from his time as vice president, shared them with an author and knew he had them as far back as 2017, but he recommended against prosecution.

Hur said that part of the reason he declined to prosecute the president's age and poor memory would create reasonable doubt for jurors.

It “would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him — by then a former president well into his eighties — of a serious felony that requires a mental state of willfulness,” the prosecutor wrote.

“Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” his report added.

But Hur spared few words for Biden's handling of classified information, some which were kept in notebooks in insecure locations.

"Our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen," the report concluded.

More at link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12923 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The fact that he actually kept them, AND shared them IS the crime...Count 1 and Count 2, but who's counting! Willful doesn't really have much to do with it as surely he knew what he was doing at the time! Roll Eyes

His age, AND certainly his poor memory create MORE that 'reasonable doubt' as to his fitness to ANY office, let alone the one he occupies. If they won't prosecute him for such crimes due that reasoning, then he should be removed from office! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9259 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I've skimmed through this thing online.

I must say, it's an amazing document.
It makes Biden look like a weak elderly useless fool, which we all know, but you can't read it and not come away asking yourself how he could possibly remain president. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6309 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...l-counsel-says-biden

posted Hide Post
What a clown world we live in.

Posts: 2523 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
... but you can't read it and not come away asking yourself how he could possibly remain president. Roll Eyes

This is how:

Although, it does amaze me that the left is willing to give up having THE FIRST!!!!!!! black (she's not black) female President. They must be so confused as to what to do.

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A "well meaning elderly man" who is destroying us.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16275 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is how:
You're of course correct, what was I thinking... Razz

As an aside, I found it interesting that the WH passed on holding up the document, for redaction, in "the interest of transparency".
Well no shit Sherlock, 388 completely blacked out pages, which is what it would have taken to clean the mess up, would have almost looked as bad as this thing. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6309 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This crap is just getting silly now. The Biden regime is clearly guilty in this classified documents thing but are being given a total pass, yet Trump did nothing wrong and they’re going after him full force. Mad

Posts: 34277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my take on this:

1. The Democrats will now get Biden to drop out of the race. Win for them

2. No matter what level of corruption is uncovered about all the bribes alleged to have occurred during Biden's long government career, the precedent has been set. He is too demented to prosecute.

3. Before he leaves office he will pardon Hunter and all those investigations will go away.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Soon, if these people are permitted to continue, they will no longer waste their time or resources with theater, and will move forward to "Trump" all.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44253 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Biden is a traitor, and deserves a traitors end as well as ANY so called representative that supports this treason. This truth aside, it’s clear how the democRATs are preparing his departure and what they see as his eventual pardon. The nation needs to upset that apple cart with extreme prejudice.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15735 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just got through several sections mentioning this.
quote:
disclosed classified materials

Keeping/possessing documents is one thing, and it's bad since the threshold for pursuing charges doesn't include intent, but disclosure? C'mon man! They didn't even charge Trump with that.

NRA Benefactor

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
To give the appearance of balance v. how the DOJ is prosecuting Trump, at least file the charges against Biden. They'll be stayed while he's in office and then move forward once he's out.

Biden is in a worse spot than Trump because the VP doesn't have classification authority. Obama never declassified Joe's documents. Trump can say he does and we'll test the limits.

Posts: 4187 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
...about all the bribes alleged to have occurred during Biden's long government career

They didn't call him "quid pro Joe" for nothing.

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been mildly amused by most of this BS the last several years even getting into some vociferous discussions with some true blue believers /never trumpers. But this shit is beyond the pale. I’m done. I need a cocktail. If they didn’t have double standards, they’d have no standards truly stands now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ElToro,

Posts: 4881 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
are we now allowed to make up our own laws?

the ones we have don't seem to be working

Posts: 53584 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well I hope to hell this “reasoning” gets well publicized as we approach November.

If the senile old coot can’t remember when he was VP, and whose age, diminished mental state, and memory essentially render him “Not guilty by reason of mental decline” how the hell is he qualified to be in his current position?

I’d love to see this report be used to start discussing whether it is time to dust off the 25th Amendment to determine if he is fit.

Hell, even if it gives us Kamala for a few months I am sure that would be the best possible way to get a red wave come November.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11110 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8454 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Our Lady of .........you know the thing....

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8454 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post